Start by marking “Dragon King (Dark Kings #6.5; Dark World #20.5)” as Want to Read:
Dragon King (Dark Kings #6.5; Dark World #20.5)

Read Book

Dragon King

(Dark Kings #6.5)

A Woman on a Mission

Grace Clark has always done things safe. She's never colored outside of the law, but she has a book due and has found the perfect spot to break through her writer's block. Or so she thinks. Right up until Arian suddenly appears and tries to force her away from the mountain. Unaware of the war she just stumbled into, Grace doesn't just discover the perfe
Kindle Edition, 1001 Dark Nights #24, 128 pages
Published August 25th 2015 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated (first published August 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon King

Start your review of Dragon King (Dark Kings #6.5; Dark World #20.5)
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Such a fun story! I wish it were longer even though it's pretty much perfect as it is.

Full review to come
Dark Faerie Tales
Sep 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Dragon King has it all from a steamy romance, wonderful writing, action scenes to an amazing cast of characters.

Opening Sentence: Grace was screwed.

The Review:

Dragon King is an absolutely sexy read. The characters are entertaining and the writing sucked me in to the story. I really felt like I was in the highlands of Scotland sitting on the side of the mountain with Grace. I really liked this setting and the dragon’s story. I just want to stop e
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Aug 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
There are a few books before this novella and I might have missed some important facts that occur in those previous books, but if I just look at the evolution between Grace and Arian, they weren't needed, but I felt like this big battle might need even more clarification so I might just have to start on those books lol

Grace is a write in need of inspiration and while searching for her place to write, she finds a cave that calls to her unaware that Arian, a Dragon King, to whom it belong just wok
 Reading In Pajamas
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review & Excerpt Tour: Dragon King: A Dark Kings Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Donna Grant http://wp.me/p3d0RZ-2XR
Publication Date: August 25, 2015
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rated: 4.5 Stars

REVIEW:
I love Donna Grant's dragons! Dragon King is a novella in Donna Grant's Dark Kings series and part of the 1001 Dark Nights Series. I love the 1001 Dark Nights series because it's a great way to discover some authors and give you a sample of their series. I'm a fan of Donna Grant's Dark King series and
Alaina
Dragon King was so freaking good but mainly interesting af. Were-dragons?? Who knew that was a thing. In it, you will meet Grace and Arian. Things were okay between them but I honestly felt like everything was being rushed. It could just be me because it is a pretty short novella and all but I would've liked for things to go a bit slower. Other than that, I did like the little twists it gave me but not a lot happened.
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Anyone who has been keeping up with Donna Grant’s Dragon Kings knows how Con feels about his Dragon’s finding human mates. He would do anything to keep it from happening. As it is he tries very hard to prevent them and he continually fails in this endeavor. Now imagine his reaction to a freshly woken Dragon finding his true forever love as soon as he wakes from his Dragon Sleep. Arian is so newly awoken that he has not ventured from his cave or found clothing to cover his very sexily naked body. ...more
Linda
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Donna's Dragon Kings' stories are always entertaining with great characters, well-paced action and scorching passion.

"You may no' believe it, lass, but you're safe with me."
Grace scratched her nose. "With a dragon?"
"Aye."
"You were a dragon," she said. "A huge dragon with wings and fire and everything."
He gave a nod. "I ken exactly what I am, lass."

DRAGON KING: A DARK NIGHTS NOVELLA by Donna Grant is a fascinating addition to Donna's Dragon Kings series. I absolutely love Donna's sexy Scott
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
This is going to be a short and sweet review - just like the story! I haven't read many Dragon based paranormal romances, but if this is what they are like then I am going to have to start digging in more! Grant does a great job making these mythical beasts seem real and approachable, while at the same time making them scary and intimidating.

Even though I am not a writer, I could almost instantly relate to Grace (minus the fear of storms, I LOVE them). She was quirky and independent, but trying
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
A novella in the Dark Kings series. It did not feel lacking even though it was short. I can't wait to meet all the Dragon Kings.
Chelsea
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
The idea behind this story was interesting: were-dragons used to be in abundance and now they have to hide, etc. But the writing was pretty bad and the plot wasn't much better. The narration was very much telling instead of showing and the dialogue didn't feel natural. The plot itself felt very rushed, although that's probably the fault of this novella format forced upon the story by this multi-author series. I won't be in a hurry to read anything else by Grant, although I would be more willing ...more
Ashley (Red-Haired Ash Reads)
Grace has traveled to Scotland to trying to overcome her writer's block. She finds the perfect place to write but stumbles across the secrets of Dreagan. Arian has been asleep for six centuries but knows instantly that there is more to his attraction to Grace than just lust.

Their relationship is quick and filled with trials they have to work through. I liked both Grace and Arian. I hope we see more of them in the future.
Hope Frost
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
I hate novellas. Wham bam thank you ma’am. It was rushed and not well developed.
Cinzia
Aug 16, 2015 rated it really liked it

"Dragon King" is a short-novel by Donna Grant, from 1,001 Dark Knights, a series with the stories of several authors and different genres which "reinterpret" Sheherazade in "One thousand and one nights" with new novels.
I love reading them, because it seems to be in a little fairy tale dimension, although adult fairy tales in this case.
"Dragon King" also is part of the paranormal romance series "Dark Kings" (# 6.25).
The story of Arian and Grace has for me all the charm of Dark Kings series and it
Under the Covers Book Blog
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it

Grace Clark is a writer looking for a little peace and quiet to meet her next deadline on her new book. Taking a trip to Scotland might just be what she needs to get those creative juices flowing. So when she finds a writing cave – and I literally do mean a cave where she can write in – she soon discovers that the majestic atmosphere is enough to have her fingers flying on her laptop.

Grace is a really sweet character. With her fear of storms, it’s quite funny that she gets paired with a man

Sofia
Aug 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I’m obsessed with the 1001 Dark Nights series. Each book tells a unique story that adds to the theme. Dragon king by Donna Grant is part of both the 1001 Dark night series but it’s also part of the Dark Kings series.

Grace Clark is way beyond her deadline to finish her book and she hasn’t even begun writing it. Travelling all the way to Scotland is supposed to break her writer’s block. Surrounded by the quietness and the breathtaking view f the Scottish mountains, Grace begin to write until a sto
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC of this book from InkSlinger PR in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's blog tour promotions.

I don't know what it is with the novellas featured in the 1001 Dark Nights series. They all are just so good. I think that I have been a fan of every author that this series featured. And if there were authors that I wasn't a fan of, the series novella definitely made me one.

Donna Grant's Dark Kings series is a popular series that has great characters and wonderful st
Trish R.
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great little novella..

Wow! I’m such a dummy. I pre-ordered this in March and just read it tonight, and enjoyed every second of it. Loved Arian and Grace. It was nice seeing Con and Warrick again. I also thought it was pretty cool how Arian controlled the weather, and kept it raining so she couldn’t leave his cave.

I absolutely love all these little novellas of Ms. Grants, and I’ve read every one of them. As far as I’m concerned she could write nothing but these and I’d be happy as a pig
cinnamon
It was a short read although I wished it to be full-length novel. I happened to like this Grace character. I enjoyed her bluntness and sass. As for Arian, he's Arian. A hottie jade dragon. He's practically a stranger to me I seriously don't know what to talk about him.

The romance was insta-love! Ugh. Love at first sight stuff it's just cheesy. Nevertheless, I closed my mind's eyes on that matter because my desire to read dragon shifter needs to be fulfilled - that is just how much I love dragons
Cheesecake
Grace and Arian. Hmmm. Maybe this author isn't my cup of tea. I DNFed the last book I tried and this one is half as long and I still got bored. I don't need constant action, in fact I hate that. But I also hate when the author resorts to a repetitive mantra about the characters thoughts rather than showing. More telling than showing. Predictable, repetitive, very little character development and card board cut out bad guys. I would expect better from an author with so many books under her belt.. ...more
Ann Lorz
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is such a wonderful series I hate that I started where I did. I'm going to have to go back and start at the beginning. To read more about what I thought of Dragon King go to my blog: http://romancingthereaders.blogspot.c...

I was given a copy of this book for a honest review for a tour
ValerieC
I started this in the middle of a series. Pleasant story, but I felt like a lot had happened that I missed. I might start this series from the beginning...

Pleasant read. Not riveting or especially hot. Had some action, although the 'Dark' fae seemed rather ineffectual.
Jackie
Jul 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Liked the story did not like the reader in the audio version. She has no business trying to read any novel with a Scottish Brogue and she made the female lead sound like a 80 year old woman. It was horrid.
Clarice
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love the the Dragon Kings books.
I really missed Antony Ferguson in this one. I'm still loving this series though.
Adriana
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
American novelist Grace Clark is on a mission to find her muse again. Since her every romance is set in Scotland, it seemed like a very good idea, to go there to find inspiration. She was determined to meet her editor's last deadline or risk defaulting on her contract altogether. Too bad it rained so damned much there. If there was one thing Grace truly feared, it was rain storms. Nothing good ever came out of them. Her mom left them on a stormy night. Her dad died on another storm. Now she was ...more
OpenBookSociety.com

By Donna Grant
ISBN# 9781940887678
Author’s Website: http://www.donnagrant.com/
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

Grace Clark is desperate to finish writing her book that is way overdue. If she can’t complete it in the next three weeks then the publisher will cancel her contract. She’s having a major case of writer’s block and doesn’t know what to do to get her creative juices flowing. So, she has come to Scotland, where her
Sarah Light
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Eeeeepppppp!!!!!

Dragon King is book 6.5 in the Dark Kings series and a novella with 1001 Dark Night *Love those ladies btw*

Grace is a writer, one who has traveled to Scotland to try and brake through the wall that is her writers block. The second book in her series is giving her a hard time and she has turned to the country side of Scotland to kick start her muse. Little does she know she has trespassed on Draegan land, and is for more "inspiration" than she signed up for.

Arian is a recently wo
Meiwilli
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Ho-hum...

I love the Highlander tales and Donna Grant's storytelling, however...Dragon King is as predictable as they come. The characters of Arian and Grace are likable enough, however, I didn't feel any chemistry between the two to move this fast-paced romance along. Con, the King of Kings, in this story, doesn't live up to the title. Con comes across stoic instead of intimidating.

The battle with the Dark Fae is uneventful and not well depicted and over before it really starts. This novella is
T.M. Payne
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: Dragon King (Dark Kings #6.5)
Author: Donna Grant
My Rating: 5 Stars
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW
Another fantastic novella set in the Dragon Kings World.
I absolutely loved the chemistry between Arian and Grace.
Grace is a take no crap female who doesn't cower even to Con.
I have enjoyed every book thus far I have read and will read even more.

**I borrowed the kindle version of this book from my local libary**

Donna Grant
Micheal
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This novella (short story) is #6.5 in the series, "Dark Kings" by author; Donna Grant. This story was just short and sweet. Another HOT Scottish Alpha male that's able to shift into his natural form as a Dragon! The female main character is very likable and down to Earth. This novella was just super sweet, had me chuckling within certain parts. There's some action, plenty of romance and definitely some plot twist but overall it was just a fun, quick read. This is really a great series so if you ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • Rage/Killian (Bayou Heat #17-18)
  • The Darkest Angel (Lords of the Underworld #4.5)
  • The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld #3.5)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • Easy For Keeps (Boudreaux #3.5)
  • Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1)
  • Pivot (Deep Ops, #2.5; The Brodies of Alaska, #.5)
  • Vengeance (Dark Protectors #9.5)
  • Undead and Undermined (Undead, #10)
  • Undead and Unstable (Undead, #11)
  • Undead and Unsure (Undead, #12)
  • Undead and Unfinished (Undead, #9)
  • Undead and Unwelcome (Undead, #8)
  • Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1)
  • Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
Donna is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over a hundred novels. Her most popular series is the breathtaking Dark King (aka Dragon King) series featuring dragons, immortal Highlanders, and the Fae.

In addition to her novels, Donna has written short stories, novellas, and novelettes for digital-first and print release. She has been dubbed as giving the “paranormal genre a burst

Dark Kings (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Darkest Flame (Dark Kings, #1)
  • Fire Rising (Dark Kings, #2)
  • Burning Desire (Dark Kings, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark Kings, #4)
  • Night's Blaze (Dark Kings, #5)
  • Soul Scorched (Dark Kings, #6)
  • Passion Ignites (Dark Kings, #7)
  • Smoldering Hunger (Dark Kings, #8)
  • Smoke and Fire (Dark Kings, #9)
  • Firestorm (Dark Kings, #10)

News & Interviews

Rumaan Alam began writing Leave the World Behind with a series of tweets on a secret Twitter account he started two years ago.   The book that...
“Arian paced the cavern in his mountain in agitation and a wee bit of anxiety. He was shaking off the dragon sleep from the past six hundred years. Not only had it been six centuries since he had been in human form, but there was a war the Dragon Kings were involved in.
Con and the others were waiting for him to join in the war. Every King had been woken to take part. After all the wars they had been involved in, Arian wasn’t happy to be woken to join another.
Because of Ulrik. The banished and disgraced Dragon King hadn’t just made a nuisance of himself, but he somehow managed to get his magic returned.
Which meant the Kings needed to put extra magic into keeping the four silver dragons sleeping undisturbed deep within the mountain. They were Ulrik’s dragons, and he would want to wake them soon.
But it wasn’t just Ulrik that was causing mischief. The Dark Fae were as well. It infuriated Arian that they were once more fighting the Dark. Hadn’t the Fae Wars killed enough Fae and dragons?
Then again, as a Dragon King as old as time itself, they were targets for others who wanted to defeat them.
For Ulrik, he just wanted revenge. Arian hated him for it, but he could understand. Mostly because Arian had briefly joined Ulrik in his quest to rid the realm of humans.
Thoughts of Ulrik were pushed aside as Arian found himself thinking about why he had taken to his mountain. When he came here six hundred years earlier, it was to remain there for many thousands of years.
The Dragon Kings sought their mountains for many reasons. Some were just tired of dealing with mortals, but others had something they wished to forget for a while. Arian was one of the latter.
There were many things he did in his past when the King of Kings, Constantine, asked. Not all of them Arian was proud of. The one that sent him to his mountain still preyed upon him.
He didn’t remember her name, but he remembered her tears. Because of the spell to prevent any of the Dragon Kings from falling in love with mortals, Arian had easily walked away from the female.
Six centuries later, he could still hear her begging him to stay with her, still see the tears coursing down her face. Though he hadn’t felt anything, it bothered him that he had so easily walked away. Because Con had demanded it.
Loyalty—above all else.
The Dragon Kings were his family, and Dreagan his home. There was never any question if he were needed that Arian would do whatever it took to help his brethren in any capacity asked of him.”
2 likes
“Seeing that glorious body and to-die-for face only made her crave him more.
Then he had kissed her.
And what a kiss!
It was a kiss like none other. There was fire and a hunger that was both savage as well as tender.
At first.
Then the fire had come. The kiss had charred her, searing her from the inside out. Each touch of his tongue, each time those lips of his moved over here, had been the most incredible feeling in the world.”
0 likes