Start by marking “Amaldiçoadas (As Crônicas das Irmãs Bruxas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Amaldiçoadas (As Crônicas das Irmãs Bruxas, #2)

Amaldiçoadas

(The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  6,051 Ratings  ·  836 Reviews
Cate Cahill tomou a decisão mais difícil de sua vida e resolveu largar tudo para proteger aqueles a quem amava, mas não poderia imaginar os obstáculos que ainda teria pela frente.

Agora, vivendo disfarçada entre as outras moças da Irmandade, ela precisa se manter a salvo dos implacáveis caçadores de bruxas e lidar com grandes dilemas pessoais, como a distância de seu grand
Published 2014 by Editora Arqueiro (first published June 6th 2013)

Jessica
Nov 19, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Well, I'm rather fond of it, but also rather biased. I hope it lives up to my goal to be "brutal + awesome, with kissing."
Regan
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
The only thing I can say about this book is:

Maura is such a bitch.
Isabel
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nope. Nope nope nope. I refuse to accept those last three pages. They don't exist. Nope.

I have never liked Maura all that much. Now, it's safe to say that I hate her.

Nope.
Hannah (PSIloveThatBook)
MORE? MORE! @ P.S. I love that book!

Okay so firstly let me just say that I do not remember the last time book managed to piss me off so much. I mean alright it is true, the subject in this book is very touchy but the way it is written, the characters and everything around them...I have to say, Jessica Spotswood did a great job because she truly managed to get a high amount of emotions from her readers!

THE WORLD: It story is based in New England in times when Witches were hunted and burned. The
Alexis (Lexi Swoons)
Original review posted on Lexi Swoons

That ending though…THAT ENDING!!!! My emotions are too much right now...READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

The feelings I have right now are too tremendous to properly describe for you…but I’ll try my best to give you a good review without my emotional baggage tagging along...

Let me start by saying that I LOVE everything about this book. Which only makes this review even harder to write because I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it...the only "bad" thing that I
Claire Legrand
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
s;dkljfsl;dkfjs;ldkfjs;lkdfjs;dljkf

(Edited to add: I understand that the gibberish above is not a coherent review, but I typed it in the immediate aftermath of finishing and was experiencing MANY UPSET FEELINGS. Well done, Spotswood. Well done.)
Erin
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Star Cursed brings us back to the New England world of witches, opression, and prophesy with a grand new tale of the Cahill sisters. Full of romance, intrigue, and betrayal, Star Cursed was a thrilling sequel that ends on a cliffhanger that will leave you screaming for more.

Cate has given up all her hopes in order to save her sisters and the man she loves. Now a member of the Sisterhood--a secret group of witches masquerading as an order of nuns--she faces the immense burden of being "the prophe
Devon Ashley
You. Effing. B*tch.
I knew you were capable of it, I just...you...heartless piece of...na-uh! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
B*tch. B*tch. B*TCH!!!

Everybody! Sing along! Angry voice! I know you know the words!
La Talpa
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017november, fantasy
Ein toller zweiter Teil, der für mich jetzt nicht ganz an Teil 1 heranreicht, aber mir dennoch viel Lesefreude bereitet und total Lust auf den dritten Teil gemacht hat ❤

Cate gefällt mir als Protagonistin immer mehr und auch die anderen verschiedenen Hexencharakteren waren toll ausgearbeitet. Und OMG... der Schluß dieses Teils hat mir quasi das Herz zerrissenen... im Dezember ist auf jeden Fall direkt der letzte Teil dran 😊
Rachel
Jan 20, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, favorites
Oh my goodness! That ending!! I can't believe we have to wait for August 14th for the last book (although I do appreciate that amazing birthday book). Ugg!
Is it possible to be better than the first book? If not, then this middle book was just as good. I read the first book in ARC form about a year/year 1/2 ago approx. It was AMAZING. I have no idea what made Jessica Spotswood imagine this world, but it is vivid, exciting, and feels like it could be real!
This book is for the adventure lovers, th
Addie R.
Nooooooooo!

I was scared this cover wouldn't be as pretty as the first. >.< I wish they hadn't changed Born Wicked's cover :[
Ferdy
2.5 stars - Spoilers

Meh, the main character and plot were kind of boring… But I did enjoy the little twist at the end and the relationship between the heroine and her sisters.

-Cate was still the same old typical YA heroine, I don't know why I thought she might have gained a decent personality between book 1 and 2. Ugh, she was insufferable, judgmental, hypocritical, self-involved, and whiny… Whilst at the same time being a boring-goody-two-shoes.
In the first book, Cate was blackmailed/forced to
Steffi
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017
“I cannot imagine a life without books.
Without Father's stories of the ancient Greek gods and goddesses, without pirate stories and fairy tales and poems. Without the hope of another way, of freedom and adventure beyond what we have here and now. How dark life would be.”

First impression:
Yep. I hate Maura more.

Review

I have to admit ... I enjoyed Star Cursed more than Born Wicked. While the first book dragged too much for me, the events in Star Cursed all happen within one month! The pace is much
April
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who does not love witches? Seriously, I cannot name a single person. Y’all remember the truth bombs Jessica Spotswood dropped on us at the end of Born Wicked with the big OH NO GASP GASP GASP moment? And then all of the swoons that she brought? Well the next book in the Cahill Witch Chronicles, Star Cursed dials all of the emotional reactions up a notch and left me simultaneously cursing Spotswood and praising Spotswood. As a girl who loves talking books with her friends, I honestly cannot wait ...more
Danielle
Oct 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maura how could you!!!!???
Rachel Kulik
This review is posted on my blog, Rachel Reading. If you like it, and would like to see more like it, please check it out!

Holy God. This book series. Every time I think it's murdered my soul sufficiently it comes up with a way to kill me even more. I just...holy god. It's been like a month since I've read it and I still haven't recovered enough to start Sisters' Fate. It's that bad, y'all. But in the most amazing way.

Y'all. If you haven't read this series you need to. I'm such a sucker for a gre
Jen Ryland
Mar 01, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm happy to report that there is no middle-book-in-a-series-slump going on here! Star Cursed, the second book in the Cahill Witch Chronicles, is overflowing with conflict. First, there's the political drama that underlies the rivalry between the Sisterhood and the Brotherhood. Then, Sister Cora, the leader of the Sisterhood, is gravely ill, and there's a simmering dispute about who will take over after she dies and how the Sisters should deal with Brotherhood. There's also the growing tensions ...more
Jerlyn
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
OH MY GOD ASFHDJKLMXBEOFNSMAHK

Why did you have to end like that!?!

description
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
Okay, wow, I didn't realise it was possible to dislike a character so much! This series is incredible, and I love the pacing. The only problem I had was with how melodramatic it got at the end there. I need to know what happens next ASAP!
Elizabeth
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

OMG OMG OMG OMG. OH. MY. GOD. THAT ENDING.
Rachel
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
STAR CURSED is the the incredibly exciting, suspenseful, heartbreaking and utterly riveting second book in author Jessica Spotswood’s Cahill Witch Chronicles. It engages readers from the very first line, returning them to the author’s world of witchcraft and magic and to those who wish to destroy it, those who wish to keep it secret and those who are willing to go to war for it.

New characters are introduced, many existing characters return, there is a new setting to discover and layers have been
Jana
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Der zweite Band begann genauso spannend wie der erste aufgehört hatte. Ich flog nur so über die Seiten! Eine gewisse Wendung am Schluss hat mich total aus der Bahn geworfen und ich bin gespannt, wie die Geschichte weitergehen wird.
MAPS - Booktube
Suite adéquate, mais pas renversante. Il manque cruellement d'énigmes parce qu'il est un peu lassant de se satisfaire que d'une seule grosse pour les trois tomes. J'ai eu moins de mal à embarquer dans cette histoire parce que je m'étais liée d'affection pour les personnages à la fin du tome 1. L'histoire est bonne et les personnages sont attachants, cette série aurait pu bénéficier de davantage d'action. La fin est crève-cœur. PS jsuis in love avec Finn.
Juhina
4.5/5 stars

Ever since I finished Born Wicked, I had to get my hands on Star Cursed and find out what happens next to the Cahill sisters. I love witch/magick themed books and the fact that the storytelling by Spotswood is fantastic made me even more excited for what is to come for Star Cursed. I am happy to say that Star Cursed didn't suffer form the middle book syndrome. It also exceeded my expectations and I ended up loving it even more than Born Wicked.

So much happens in Star Cursed and there
ExLibris_Kate
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have never wanted throw a book across the room the way that I wanted to throw Born Wicked. It was the kind of wonderful pain that only a well-written story can bring. Star Cursed delivered on the promise of a heart wrenching sequel and then some. Cate has accepted her place with the Sisterhood after threats against Maura and Tess lead her to leave Finn behind without a word of explanation. With Finn safely in the Brotherhood, Cate can concentrate on keeping out of trouble and waiting to see wh ...more
Once Upon a Twilight
It should be known that I love anything that has to do with witchcraft. I swear I think I was a witch in my past life lol! Let's add to the fact that I've been dying to read something with a historical feel. When you blend those two together you get the incredible story that is The Cahill Witch Chronicles.

Star Crused picks up right where Born Wicked left off so I highly recommend reading it if you haven't already or re reading Born Wicked just so it's still fresh on your mind. Cate is living in
Sarah Mac
A hugely disappointing zzzzz.

The relationship between this & Born Wicked was so much like the first two installments of Something Strange & Deadly. In both cases I quite enjoyed book 1, then was let down when book 2 rejected precisely what made book 1 work & reverted to a truckload of YA cliches and/or poorly expanded worldbuilding.

Such is the case here. Now we have the usual dystopian-esque separation of MCs. Now we have disappearing parent syndrome. Now we have DIFFERENT(tm) teen
Jules Goud
An interesting twist to the story.

I can't believe Maura. She is so power hungering, so strong in her belief that she is doing the right thing that she is blind to the other options around her. She doesn't know what the word trust means. It is as if she can't be happy, nobody else can be either.

We also see the tough decisions that the sisterhood is faced with. There is let the entire sisterhood be exposed or let the witch hunt continue. They have the option of going to the brotherhood and trying
Sandra
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Lo bueno de las segundas partes de una trilogía es que la presentación del mundo, de los personajes y de la trama ya están planteados, lo que facilita que haya acción desde la primera página, y eso es algo que La profecía aprovecha muy bien.

Pero el punto malo de esas segundas partes es que la trama principal suele descuidarse para preparar el desenlace en el siguiente libro. Esa es casi mi única queja con este libro y por lo que no le doy las cinco estrellas.

Pero me ha gustado mucho, con un rit
Gabrielle (TheYoungFolks.com)
Way to pull out my heart and stomp on it.

No but really, this book just about broke my heart. It's SO good. The author makes us even more invested in her characters and the plotting is fascinating and the setting rich. If you were impressed with Born Wicked, you're bound to be even more impressed with Star Cursed. Full review at TheYoungFolks.com: http://bit.ly/1b50Z4N
Mrs. Anderson's E...: Star cursed 1 6 Mar 01, 2016 10:07PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 26, 2015 07:27AM
The end of the second book. SPOILERS WANTED!!! 5 73 Mar 24, 2014 02:43AM
Cate's Decision 5 53 Dec 05, 2012 04:43PM
  • A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly, #2)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Belladonna (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #2)
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • The Elementals (The Vespertine, #3)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Impostor (Slide, #2)
  • The Unfailing Light (Katerina, #2)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
  • Deep Betrayal (Lies Beneath, #2)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)
  • Shadow of the Mark (Carrier, #2)
  • Born of Illusion (Born of Illusion, #1)
  • The Twisted Tragedy of Miss Natalie Stewart (Magic Most Foul, #2)
  • Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2)
  • Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2)
Author. Editor. Feminist. Slytherpuff.

I live in Washington, DC with my playwright husband, where I also work as a children's library associate for the DC Public Library.

If you're interested in interviews or guest posts, please contact me at jessica.shea.author@gmail.com.

The Cahill Witch Chronicles (3 books)
  • Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)
  • Sisters' Fate (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #3)
“I cannot imagine a life without books.
25 likes
“I can’t see any other reason he would shut down the bookshop, unless it was to help you somehow. He loves books.' She gives me a tiny, owlish smile. 'He must love you more.” 15 likes