Start by marking “The Fall (Infected, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fall (Infected, #1)

The Fall

(Infected #1)

When a bus full of tourists, infected with a genetically engineered virus, stops in a quiet community for lunch, the area threatens to become the epicenter for a worldwide outbreak. Two Vista County deputies race to contain the revived dead, stop the spread, and combat the chaos and anarchy that ensues.
Published October 19th 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Fall, please sign up.

Start your review of The Fall (Infected, #1)
Athena
Jan 06, 2015 rated it liked it

This book is good, but the author goes into "excruciating" detail when a simple "I admistered the vaccine" would've sufficed. I am an intelligent person, and big words don't often get lost on me, but they aren't necessary to describe a car drifting. The plot and character development were on point, but this book is giving me a headache. I'm only finishing it, because of the rave reviews and the fact that I can't stand not finishing what I've started.
Lucas Hamasaki
May 11, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is... okay. Not all that original. Not all that exciting.

The main character is a macho man who can’t take his friend seriously when said friend is cooking and wearing an apron cause that was too feminine and women can’t be taken seriously amirite?

In fact, the women here are basically there to cook, clean and cry. His wife is THE COOLEST WOMAN EVER cause she can shoot a gun.

The book has its fair share of mistakes. Grammar, missing words, typos. Not too many, but they were there. The author
John Podlaski
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really got into "Infected - The Fall" and enjoyed reading this fast paced story. There were times when I sat on the edge of my seat and holding my breath until the outcome was clear. It always appeared that Conner was not around when bad things were about to happen to his wife and son...in fact, I think it happened three times before their home was destroyed by fire.

The storyline is much different from the usual zombie apocalypse books in that after victims are attacked and eaten - they do not
Geoff
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Great characters, and great action.
The ONLY drawback is the author's tendency to over-describe some things.
Robert Brown
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Intense and Awesome!

One of the best apocalyptic books I have read in a long time. I highly recommend it to everyone and more are the way. Caleb is a great writer and makes you feel like your right there with the characters.
Kate
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I would have given this 5 stars but it ends in the middle of the action. Is this a book 1 in a series? It doesn't say it is anywhere-which I cannot stand. If you are doing a series-let us know. Or write an ending.
Lisa
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quite a well done apocalyptic horror novel. The characters were well done overall. Not too much exposition. Instead, we get to discover them as personalities along the way. It did have quite a number of typical conventions, but they weren't overly annoying here.

It's an interesting twist on the pandemic apocalypse. It really focused in on human behavior and psychology in relation to how the characters reacted. It was nice that there were some strong female characters here as well. While there
Ebony Irby
This book was just OK. I was excited to start reading it, but it missed the mark for me. Now, this was not a terrible book. I just think it fits best for someone who's new to the zombie genre. I have read so many zombie novels that I need more than neck biting, and chasing to get a thrill. I would recommend this to someone who's new to this world, have little experience with zombies ;). Not too much gore. and not too scary.
Michael Spence
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like zombies, family, guns, and cops, read this book. Caleb is awesome and tall.
David Foster
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This zombie book puts a slight twist on how the zombies became what they are, and how the outbreak got started. Although the author's attempt to scientifically justify how citizens become zombies kind of falls apart as he goes into detail, and the way the main character is spoon-fed awareness of what the situation is and why it is happening are kind of annoying, the rest of the story is a well-written tale of adventure and survival. It's not breaking a lot of new ground but it's fulfilling it's ...more
Kimberly
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
The action starts nearly immediately and continues throughout the book right to the end. I enjoyed the characters as well as the storyline. Generally the entire scenario comes across as a plausible pandemic situation.

The book ends with a cliff-hanger. Always bad form, in my opinion. Also the author frequently inserts entire pages that read like a how-to manual detailing out some mundane task. No apparent reason.

Lastly, fans of The Walking Dead will likely be tempted to see the main family as
Rhonda
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
A good zombie story told by a police officer, starting from the beginning of the infection. He tells about his family and town, and he still wants to be a good cop even as the world is falling apart around him.
The zombies in this book are the ones I would be most scared of--they are fast, strong and smart. They have reasoning skills in hunting humans, and have flanks coming in from the back while the ones in front are distracting their dinner.
If a zombie apocalypse ever happens--I would rather
Camille
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
good but I hate cliffhangers

I enjoyed it and definitely plan to read the next one. It was unnecessarily detailed but I was able to adjust and get engrossed in the story. I like how it explained how the zombies were made and operated. Although one thing makes no sense: how are they able to plan an ambush but not turn a door knob. It seems like they could either do both or neither. Strange.
Joan E Holman
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So very well-written

I have been reading books in this genre since I don't know when and the author has taken a different approach with very insightful scenarios. I can say that it was an awesome read and hard to put down. I am a fan of many of the new authors on Amazon and Caleb is in the top ofive. Looking forward to the next installment.
Jessica Kong
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Infected: The Fall by Caleb Cleek is an interesting read about a small town deputy sheriff trying to keep the town's population and his family alive during the zombie apocalypse. He learns the virus was made in China and was purposely set lose upon America. Story is full of action and excitement. I look forward to book 2.
Kathy
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked it and it kept me interested. Lots of suspense and edge-of-your-seat moments, the characters are spot on especially Conner. The downside is that it took me a little while to get into it because of all the detail and unnecessary detailing of things that would be better left out, so I just skimmed thru those pages. Good read overall tho.
Virginia Night
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well written

This is seemingly, the first book this author has written. The world building and rationale were excellent and believable. There was a high degree of character development. I'm looking forward to the next in the series.
Kelly
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good read!

I enjoyed reading Infected: The Fall. Books like this make you realize how quickly things could go wrong, and how vulnerable we all really are!
Angela Knapchuck
Jul 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasnt sure on fitdt glanse about this one KNOWING the author WAS working on next book .....

But after the first few chapters...
Brenda Mallard
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome read!

For the most part this book made you feel as though you were in the midst of the horror that faced the survivors of a relentless virus.
Trish  Franks
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous

When I start any book I am skeptical that it will grab me. This one did from start to finish, and now I can't wait to get my hands on the next book!! Loved it!!!
Melanie
Jul 01, 2015 rated it liked it
It was ok, but I doubt I'll read anymore in the series. I just had a hard time getting into this one.
Barbara Dunbar
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Infected

I recommend this book to all the Zombie readers. Another take on how the infection may have originated actually leaving out the Russians and Germans.
Kathy Weinberg
Jan 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Not a bad zombie book

Story was fast paced although some parts didn't make sense. If a zombie is too stupid to turn a doorknob how can it orchestrate an ambush.
Kimberly Calhoun
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read

Awesome book. Action packed from beginning to end. The characters are likable and engaging. I cannot wait for the next book.
Brandon
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Couldn't put it down

I decided to read the sample and soon found myself buying the book it was well worth it would recommend to anyone
gail west
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read the book

This book is all over good-characters, plot, action. I read this in one short sitting. I want the sequel NOW! Seriously, read the book.
Christina
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Fall

Loved this book, could not put it down. Looking forward to reading the next one. If you like zombies this book is for you. Enjoy!!!
At least I read
Liked the story. But very wordy. Some things were just way to in-depth of description which left me wanting to skim ahead.
Cynthia Terrones
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
THE ONE BOOK TO READ!!!!!

I've had this book for sometime but kept putting off reading it, what a big mistake that was, as i should have started right away. Caleb Cleek has done a super job with this story, from the start of a planned terrorist attack turning Americans into the Walking Dead to the U. S. sending clean up teams to take care of the mess, infected, immune or not even exposed to it, it was one ride after another.

• The Longest Night (Enter Darkness #1)
  • The Immune: Omnibus Edition (The Immune, #1-4)
  • The Dead Years - Volume 1
Caleb Cleek grew up on a farm in Northern California. Following college, he spent a year teaching high school chemistry. After that year, he got married and started working on airplanes with a goal of working as a bush pilot in South America. Although he earned a commercial multi-engine pilot rating, the South America dream did not come to fruition. Instead, he entered law enforcement where he ...more

Infected (2 books)
  • The Flight (Infected, #2)
“The problem with responsibility is it often prevents you from doing what you want to do.” 1 likes
“Right now, I was being pulled from twenty-five different directions and I couldn’t respond to every pull vying for my attention.” 0 likes