Start by marking “The Lutheran Difference: An Explanation & Comparison of Christian Beliefs” as Want to Read:
The Lutheran Difference: An Explanation & Comparison of Christian Beliefs

The Lutheran Difference: An Explanation & Comparison of Christian Beliefs

This book used the Apostles' Creed to structure the eighteen major topics of the Lutheran Difference Bible study series.
Published August 12th 2014 by Concordia Publishing House (first published July 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Lutheran Difference, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lutheran Difference

Glenn Crouch
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
I am a big fan of CPH Books - but this one I found myself frequently getting frustrated.

Rather than "The Lutheran Difference" perhaps it should be the "LCMS Difference" - the authors make some pretty broad claims about what all us Lutherans believe that go a long way outside of our Common Confessions.

Some sections of the book were spot on. Others were far too "American oriented". And others I just disagreed with.

Also they purport to "Explain and Compare Christian Beliefs" - but just as they lump
Iain
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lutheran
Lutherans never had a stable value system to call their own. They borrow values from Catholics and act like Catholics. This book reestablishes the Lutheran value system for the ELCA Catholic defector.
Scott
Oct 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish some of the comparisons were a little more in depth and a little richer, but overall, a very good book on the basic beliefs of the Lutheran church and a comparison as to how other churches view those same topics.
Elise Schafer
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Don't let the length intimidate you. It is broken down in small chunks for easy reading. But it can be a bit repetitive and simple. This would be a good book to read in a study group.
Julie
Dec 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this on my kindle. I would recommend a hard copy. Would work well as a reference book to compare the differences between Lutheran beliefs and other Christian and non-Christian beliefs.
Samuel Wang
Oct 01, 2014
David Berner
Jun 27, 2016
John Paul-LML
rated it did not like it
Dec 07, 2013
Oct 29, 2014
Abraham
May 16, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
“In our day of competing truths or even a rejection of the existence of absolute truth in any form, it is vital that we look to the Scriptures. The conviction that the Scriptures are true or inerrant is properly a conviction of faith, as noted earlier. Any society with no absolute truths is headed toward chaos. Civilization must have some overarching, moral truths. Even if these are not directly from or based upon Scripture, they can make decent order in a society (see Romans 2:12–16).” 0 likes