Start by marking “Game Maker (Game for Love; Triple Play Curse #2)” as Want to Read:
Game Maker (Game for Love; Triple Play Curse #2)

Game Maker

(Triple Play Curse #2)

Every member of the Strikers, San Francisco’s professional baseball team, knows about the Triple Play Curse. When one Striker falls in love and gets either married or engaged during the season, two more will fall for a total of three. And, whenever the curse is in play, the team suffers for it. More errors and injuries, lost pennant runs, you name it. No one wants to trigg ...more
Published October 20th 2014 by Kindle Worlds

To ask other readers questions about Game Maker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game Maker

Aug 25, 2019 rated it liked it
ARC received from author

Quick read (like less than an hour). They were hot together, but it was just okay.
Pennie Morgan
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second installment in this trio and another one bites the dust when Aiden, a pitcher for the team, ends up intrigued by a woman he meets at a strip club (of all places). He is sure she doesn't belong there and after talking with her is convinced. Lily is a dietitian by trade and starting her own company delivering meals. Just what a health conscious athlete needs and Aiden not only helps out her business but soon they start a fling "just for fun" until it turns into more. Who will be ...more
Connie
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This was a great quick read. A nice read during lunch or just if you need a break in the afternoon. While you don't have to read the first book in the series to read this one, I would highly recommend it.

Aiden is a pitcher for the San Francisco Strikers, he doesn't do relationships especially during the season. The players believe in a Triple Play Curse. If a player falls in love, two additional players will as well o
Pam
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Triple Play Curse is now in play. Everyone knows how superstitious baseball players are. Anything out of the ordinary had them overthinking every action. Aiden is determined that the next to fall is not going to be him. He’s determined to stay focused, in shape & on point this year. So why does a nervous, awkward cocktail waitress catch his interest? Why is her so determined to helping her out so she can quit this job?

Lily is down on her luck. By miscalculating her startup expenses for
CarolKat
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Now that Rafe has initiated 'The Curse' the team is wondering who will fall next. Aiden wants to be sure it isn't him and decides no dating at all.

Lily is a nutritionist with a financial problem. She's working at a Strip Club as a waitress for a few months to straighten everything out. Known for being a bit of a klutz she is having difficulty carrying the trays the way the establishment requires. Straight armed over her head is just disaster waiting to happen. However that is how she meets Aiden
Sharon Grow
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lily Dupree knows that waitressing at the gentlemen’s club is the only way to earn enough money to rescue her business creating custom meals for clients with specific nutritional needs. When she drops a tray of drinks on pro baseball pitcher Aiden Kyle, she knows she will be fired. Aiden sticks up for her, but then realizes that he is at the club to avoid single women and the Triple Play Curse. The Curse occurs when during the season men on the team seem to find “the one” which means disaster fo ...more
Trudy
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rafe was dumb enough to start that curse and now Aiden is scared witless that he will be next. His great plan to avoid women until after the season puts him at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Lily is working at the Candy Shoppe Lounge in order to make money quick but she is a failure at waitressing and ends up spilling drinks all over a famous baseball player. When he jumps in to save her job she didn’t think he would end up saving more than that!

Lily is a good girl but maybe it is time to le
Lori
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This novella is definitely swoonworthy from start to finish. I loved Aiden. He is so considerate, supportive, sexy, and smart to learn from his mistakes. Of course there is that moment you want to smack him upside the head, but when he makes the best grand gesture, it puts a smile on your face and an awe in your heart. Lily was the type of woman you could see yourself being friends with. Her goal was to make her business a success and to work her hardest to make it happen. I loved how strong a f ...more
Valerie Martin
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another short but sweet baseball novella. Aiden is nervous about meeting any women after teammate Rafe falls in love and initiates the curse. He's determined to avoid them at all costs, but that idea quickly goes down the drain after meeting Lily waitressing at a seedy bar to make ends meet until her meal delivery business picks up. He ends up signing up for her nutrition service, and gets his teammates on board too so she can quit the bar. Of course, their desire to keep things casual doesn't p ...more
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Change is Good

Aiden expects his life to go one way but little did he know that spilled drinks when give him the best change to his life.

Lily is a Midwest girl that followed an old boyfriend to Cali before figuring out that she needed her own identity from what he planned.

It's kind of funny how these two meet and how they are thinking different plans. When life throws you a curveball you will either hit it or miss out on the best thing that could happen to you.

Each story has been a delight to rea
Terri
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book. This is the second book in this series. In this book, Aiden is a pitcher for the Striker baseball team. The team seems to have a “curse”, when one of the team gets engaged or married, then 3 of them have to. So far, their shortstop, Rafe has. Now, it seems it’s Aiden’s turn. When he meets Lily at a gentleman’s club, he knows that he has to get her out of there & help get her food business off the ground. Will the sparks that he feels get in the way? ...more
Michelle Pierce
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great book in this series. Loved getting to know Aiden and Lily and I really enjoyed their story. Lily fit right in with Aiden’s baseball world and friends and I liked how everything came together. Sure there was a bump or two and of course the curse didn’t help matters, but when it comes to love it will persevere. I also really liked how Aiden not only got support from Kane and Rafe but also Elise and Ashlyn as well. Totally loved the ending. I can’t wait to see who’s next and is our th ...more
Doni
Game Maker, is an engaging & sexy
romance. I enjoyed reading it from
the first pages to the last.
Aiden, is a super star pitcher. With his good friend recently getting engaged,
the team is superstitious about the "curse" of the ballplayers, falling in love.
Lily, started her own business.
She got in a little bit financial trouble.
She's working as a waitresse at a strip club, to get caught up.
But everything changed for Lily, after dumping a tray of drinks on Aiden.
Another great book in the series!
Sandy Bartles
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the second novella in A Triple Play Curse Novellas and every bit as good as the first. Players on the Striker baseball team believe in the curse if one of the players becomes engaged or gets married during the baseball season, two more team players will fall. It was fun watching Aiden and Lily try hard not to fall in love with each other. The author gave me some good laughs and kept me from being able to put the book down for even a minute!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy o
Brenda Moser
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book two in the Triple Play Curse series brings Aiden and Lily's story. He's determined not to get trapped in the curse but that all changes when he meets Lily. The author brings another fun and entertaining story with strong characters and a sweet and steamy romance. She does a great job bringing the story to life with the detailed scenes and cast of supporting characters. It's well written,moves quickly and smoothly and I enjoyed reading. I'm loving this series!
Teresa Reitnauer
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The triple play curse is in effect. Aiden Kyle swears he won't be a victim. Lily Dupree enters the picture. Aiden helps her out and they have some fun. Their romance gets more involved then Aiden wants and he balks. This is a great short story to read. You'll have to read to see if Aiden becomes victim number two. I received a copy and am voluntarily giving my review.
Christine Jalili
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella. It’s a fun and sexy read. Aiden is sure to avoid the curse, he will only have fun with Lily. No commitments. I did cry when he decides to end things. But did he make a mistake? Will she give him another chance? No worries, there’s a happy ever after. I voluntarily read an advanced readers copy and I highly recommend this book.
Elaine Swinney
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book through BookFunnel and I chose to review it. I enjoyed this book and I am not a big sports book fan but this one was good. It is the second in this series. These are worth your time and effort. This book is well written and I enjoyed the characters. Give it a chance. Lori Ryan is a favorite author of mine, she is great.
Cathy
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aiden Kyle is the next one to fall in the Triple Play Curse. He is going to do everything he can to avoid being the next man to fall prey to this curse. Lily Dupree falls into Aiden’s life and he’s never the same. He might fight tooth and nail to keep from falling in love but in the end he has no choice! A fun, quick read which is the second in the Triple Play Curse series by this author.
Amanda Marlowe
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aiden is a striker and worried about The Curse, now that Rafe has initiated it.
Then he's at a strip club and Lily tips a tray of drinks on him. She's trying to keep her business going, she's started making and delivering nutritional meals.
Aiden tries very hard to ignore the chemistry between them.
Another great read in the series
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Wioletta
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Triple Play Curse strikes again. This time is for Aiden Kyle, he try everything in his power to do not be next victim.
Nothing works, only Lily would help him to be whole again.
Quick and funny read I enjoyed a lot.
Candy Lamprecht
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This book more than lives up to the first one. It is funny, hot, sweet, i could go on and on. The characters are engaging and likeable. Their chemistry, off the charts. I truly enjoyed this read and can't wait who the next victim of the curse will be.
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
This is such a fun, short and sizzling series. My train commute to and from work is plenty of time to finish it. Aiden is the next sportsman to fall for his perfect match. He's in denial but love is inevitable, the chemistry is hot. Loved it, off to book 3 now.
Juli Hall
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Triple Play Curse is at it again, this time striking Aiden. He’s got it bad for Lily but has a hard time admitting he’s in love with her. Lily wants the fairy tail, married with kids, but Aiden doesn’t. This is a short, steamy read that I really enjoyed.
Andi
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet, quick read. I enjoyed Aiden & Lily’s quick romance.
A
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lori Ryan has another hit with Game Maker. Lily and Aiden fought the curse, and they fell in love anyway. You will fall fir them too. Game Maker is a fast read that is full of emotions. Two players have their happy ending. Who will be the third? I can’t wait to find out.
Rachael
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Game Maker is my favorite of this series! This book held my attention from the very beginning and I enjoyed every minute of Aiden and Lily's story.

I voluntarily read and reviewed a complimentary Advance Reader Copy.
Paula
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read and review an advanced readers copy of GAME MAKER . I really enjoyed reading this story . It's Interesting and delightful very entertaining . The dreaded curse is activated for the San Francisco Strikers thanks to Rafe Wilson . Who
Will be the next player to fall . Aiden Kyle swears it won't be him he's gonna avoid woman atleast that's the plan till Lily Dupree dumps a tray of drinks in his lap . It's hard to resist .
I really love this series of novellas .
Very enjoyable . I
Jen_C
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Why shouldn't she just have fun with him, if that’s what she wanted? So, when Aiden turned to her and told her almost apologetically, “I can’t make any promises, Lily. I can’t give you anything permanent. Nothing down the road. No future. Just a fling for however long it lasts,” she shrugged and smiled at him.
“A fling it is, then,” she said and sucked in a deep breath before standing on tiptoes to press her mouth to his. Because she wanted more of that kiss he’d given her the other day. And, s
Renee Entress
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2014
5 star

Short read that pulls you right in. I normally am not a fan of baseball but this book does not go into a ton of detail about the game which makes me happy.

Aiden has watched his friend fall victim to the curse and is determined not to fall also. He will avoid woman if he has to. One night at a gentlemen’s club a waitress spills a drink on him. After her boss almost fires her he steps in and feels like he has to hang out at the club every night so she does not get fired. After talking to he

Triple Play Curse (3 books)
  • Game Changer (Game for Love; Triple Play Curse #1)
  • Game Clincher (Game for Love; Triple Play Curse #3)