Start by marking “Dare (Brothers of Ink and Steel #1)” as Want to Read:
Dare (Brothers of Ink and Steel #1)

Dare

(Brothers of Ink and Steel #1)

Josh North is UFC’s Light Heavyweight Champion—but he’s about to meet his match.

Sophie Garner is a single mom who’s been raising her daughter on her own, fighting for both of their lives ever since going into hiding to escape her abusive husband.

When Sophie gets offered the job of a lifetime as the exclusive massage therapist for Josh “The Jackhammer” North’s team, it’s di
Published January 12th 2015 (first published January 11th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Dare, please sign up.
Kj Hmmmmm I just happened to come across this book on amazon and didn't know it was associated with any other series so I'm so glad to hear that. I…moreHmmmmm I just happened to come across this book on amazon and didn't know it was associated with any other series so I'm so glad to hear that. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to check out the other North boys stories now!(less)
Nicole Hewitt No cliffhangers in this series (or in the original True North series). Each book could be read as a standalone.

Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Dare
Series:Brothers of Ink and Steel
Author: Allie Juliette Mousseau
Release date: January 12, 2015
Rating: 2 stars
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

This is my first read from this author so I had no idea what to expect. I tried to think about what drew me in so much and made me so curious when I saw this book. To be honest, the premise is not something I haven't seen a thousand times. The damaged woman on the run meets the sexy hero who wants to take on all her demons an
Sleepless Readmore
Dare I say .. 5 STARS?

Sophie & Josh ♥

description

I will never stop loving you, Sophie.
That would be like me betraying my own life
like forsaking my very own soul.."
description

SERIOUSLY? I was NOT expecting this to blow my mind like it did. SPEECHLESS. It was the first time reading a novel by Allie Juliette Mousseau .. will it be the last? Most CERTAINLY not. I LOVED IT. It was truly beautiful. A tear-jerker (FORSURE) .. or maybe it was just me? Can you blame me though, the things that Josh does (SWOON). Josh
Bev
Not too crazy about this one sadly. I'm not a fan of push and pull and there was a fair bit in Dare. Add to that a heroine who martyrs herself and can't make up her damn mind to the point of driving me nuts, coupled with a rushed ending and ... yeah, it didn't really work for me.

~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews

Nichole's Sizzling Reviews

Sizzling Pages @ Facebook

Sizling Pages on TSU

Twitter:@Sizzlingpages

Email: sizzlingpages@gmail.com

I've always had a weakness for bad boy mma fighters. this was another winner in the greatness of Remy by Katy Evans and The Hurricane by R. J. Prescott. Josh "The Jackhammer" was just amazing, he was a true and breathtaking hero. But this story had a very strong and courageous heroine to stand beside this fighting machine. Runnin
Big Joe  Rossi
3.5 stars for this book read.

Sophie ran from a bad husband. Now she finds herself as a massage therapist at a hospital in the Midwest. When she is offered the job of a lifetime, huge pay, benefits, etc to work exclusively for MMA star Josh North. A reformed bad boy in his youth, a known man whore now. Except he is drawn to her when he is injured and in the hospital when she works on him. She is drawn to him but knows she can't risk her freedom and safety with his high profile lifestyle.

I liked
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
I enjoyed this one.
I was a little annoyed with some of the drama toward the end that I felt was overkill.
But, it was a pretty solid read.
Alex ♈
Thanks for pointing out that he was a manwhore in the past! Many thanks for repeating it many times!!!
I'm not in my 20s anymore, I like such things to be said more than twice!!!

Overall not a bad book, and I support female survivors of domestic abuse, so I won't complain a lot.

Thanks again!!! 🔊
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was ssssssssooooooooooooooooo good. It was worth staying up to 2am and losing sleep over. Josh is seriously yummy and just amazing. Sophia had a past but she didn't it drag her down or keep her from Josh. I'm gonna have to go back and read his siblings books. I need to know what's going to happen with Piper. I can't wait to read the rest of the Brothers of Ink and Steel's HEA. Job well done Ms. Mousseau.
♥Trish♥
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-battle
I really liked this book. Need to read the North series!
Rachel
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Overall rating: I felt the same way with this book as I did the last one I just read as well. I LIKED IT, but didn't love it. I will have to go with 3.5 stars, but round up to 4 stars. I chose to round up because this book didn't have any of my triggers present and it was a likable read. I just didn't LOVE IT.

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Past Intimacies: (view spoiler)
Victoria
3.5 RATING- Definitely a guilty pleasure read but filled my need for an instant attraction romance and a "woman on the run" story. Lots of sweet one liners. The over the top drama seemed to really be amplified in the last quarter of the book and I admit to some eye rolling.

Final verdict? I'd read another book in this series but it wouldn't be at the top of my TBR list.
Mallory
4 stars

This was a surprisingly sweet read. This is the first book I've read from this author, and I'd definitely read more from her.
Dilek VT
2,5 stars

This is the 4th MMA fighter book I have read this week in my quest of a MMA book as good as HURRICANE (by R.J. Prescott). Again, I seem to have picked up a book that is not outstanding.

Too cliché – same old same old with mediocre writing

- the damaged woman running away from her abusive husband meets the sexy hero who is haunted by his own damaged past

- he is in insta lust with her but as she is scared, at first she pushes him away

- soon, she gives in to her attraction to him and they st
Chappy
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
More like 2.5 disappointed stars.

I wanted to like this story but I found myself rolling my eyes constantly. I just found it so unrealistic, fake and a bit cheesy.
✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 08, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Enticing Journey Book PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

1470038 567218893408975 5883326305580550460 n

10172642 566007326863465 2740293903119818920 n
Lisa
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Enjoyable read. Engaging MC's. Needs a bit of editing and I felt the jumping from past to present made it hard to 'stay in the moment' at times. Similarities to another book that was distracting at times but look forward to more work from this author.
Jamie
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this one!
MelissaB
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, 2015-reads
The characters were overly sweet and it made the story just feel unrealistic and boring.
Jackie's Book Review
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Would you take a Dare if it that you may have to put your heart at risk for a man that you could possibly fall for. The Dare would make a better life for you and your child and possible a chance to stop running and having to hide.

This is what Sophie Garner must decide for herself and her daughter. Sophie a trained massage therapist and single mother is trying to make a better life for herself and daughter Charlie. While working in the hospital she is asked to go to work on a patient....
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔

This was my first book by Allie Juliette Mousseau and it was good. I felt the start was a little rocky; the prose was a little awkward and cheesy, and the hero and heroine were all over the place. I would have expected this to be her first book, but I see now it isn't. Anyway, I still liked it and I'll read the next one.
Bing
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Josh is one of the North brothers from the True North series. A firefighter and an MMA fighter, sounds like a formula for a hot read.

And it was.
Josh was hurt from saving a kid during a fire, and Sohie was hired as his massage therapist. She was a single mother to an adorable three-year-old girl, Charlie. She was also hiding from the abusive father of Charlie and trying to move on with her life while maintaining an inconspicuous existence.

Josh was hot, enjoying female attention without committin
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
This book was such a huge surprise to me. I hadn't read anything from this author before, but I am glad I decided to delve into this one. What can I say about this book? It's simply amazing and beautiful. I love the way it was written. I loved the dual point of view while usually I am not a big fan of it.
The author really knows how to make her characters lovable, honest and realistic.
Our main protagonists, Sophie and Josh are the definition of what perfect characters must be. Perfect as in real,
Joletta
This book has it all: yummy, sweaty men; firefighters; MMA fighters; an adorable little princess who helps her gunshy momma hook an OTT Alpha prince in shiny white gym shorts.

Josh and Sophie strike sparks and wheeewwwwyy this firefighter knows how to fan the flames. Sophie has troubles (view spoiler)that makes her try (emphasis on TRY) to keep her distance from Josh "The
Kj
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This read was very simple, short, and there was nothing unexpected. It was a good read and totally worth 4 stars for me because I love this kind of love story. The story starts out with Josh being in the hospital and meeting massage therapist Sophie. He is drawn to Sophie so much so he offers her a job on his MMA fighting team as his personal massage therapist. He offers her so much money that she can't refuse. The problem is that the sexual tension between the two is not deniable . He even dare ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I've not heard of this author before but when I saw the synopsis on a sign up form for a blog tour I was intrigued so I signed up. I'm so glad I did as this was a really great story.

Sophie is a mum on the run. She's a strong lovely character that I really liked. She's offered a job as a massage therapist to Josh who is a MMA fighter. Although this book had some gritty parts I really enjoyed it. I loved that both main characters came across as real. They had their own flaws yet very likeable.

I'
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
I hit the internet up after I finished because of the authors notes. I found several stories that match some details of Sophia's story but none of jackhammer's. It's killing me not knowing the inspiration behind the story. I think it's due to lack of sleep.
CC
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe-for-me, series
Super sweet. I liked the story and the level of drama. Kid was not in it so much that it took away from the romance but the Hero was super sweet with little Charlie.

Jos
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Above and Way Beyond 5 Stars!!!!! More like 100 Stars PERFECT!!!!!!

OK, now there are 5 Star reads and THERE ARE 5 Star reads that need their very own special place up on a pedestal so that they stand out from the rest and hell yes, this book is one of them!!!! This is a book that for me gets placed on my very own special and unique above and beyond 5 Stars shelf! Yep, it's that freaking super duper awesome!!!!!!!!

Wow, wow, wow, I just finished and I am stunned on what exact words to use to descr
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
You can bet your magic hands...
This is my second read by this author and I'm very impressed, enough so that she's verging towards auto-click status. That's where I will buy it without even reading a synopsis because the author doesn't know how to write anything but awesome books. I'm a big fan of broken characters and this delectable read has two. Josh is the sexy, muscled, tattooed fighter who gets injured and ends up under the 'magic hands' of massage therapist, Sophie. She is the first woman
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

What a great start in a new series by a new to me author. I really loved everything about the book. The writing was just so well developed that it was easy to releate to the characters.

The build up of the plotline was perfect and the characters more than likeable. Josh was just the almost perfect guy. And I really can not wait for the next part of that series ....

═══ PLEASE SUBSCRIBE / LIKE / FOLLOW US ════

FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/JerisBookAttic
Twitter : https://twitter.com/JeriTRyan
G
  • NOT A BOOK: The Tornado
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • Mugs of Love (Stories of Love #1)
  • Never Ever (Perdition MC, #1)
  • Payne (House Of Payne #1)
  • Freight Trained
  • The Final KO (Final Love, #1)
  • Junkyard Dog (White Horse #1)
  • Love’s Tempting (The Love's, #2)
  • Safeword Matte (Safeword, #2)
  • The Science of Loving
  • Hiding in Plain Sight
  • The Slayer (Untamed Hearts, #2)
  • The Taming (Black Thunder, #1)
  • LIE (Right Men Series, #1)
  • Best Kase Scenario (Hyde, #2)
  • The Truth About Numbnuts and Chubbs (NYC Confidential #1)
  • Hammer's Fall (Breakers' Bad Boys Book 1)
Allie Juliette Mousseau writes sexy, emotionally charged New Adult Romance and is the USA Today Bestselling author of the Brothers of Ink and Steel and True North series.
Her "pen-personality" Raeah Wilding is publishing ORION (A Constellations Novel Book One) Nov 7, 2017.
Save the date by adding ORION to your Goodreads TBR list:

Raeah/Allie can usually be foun

Brothers of Ink and Steel (3 books)
  • Burn (Brothers of Ink and Steel #2)
  • Defy (Brothers of Ink and Steel #3)
“I will never stop loving you, Sophie. That would be like me betraying my own life … like forsaking my very own soul.” 6 likes
“I’m going to make you forget every man you ever knew I’m going to heal your heart from every broken I love you I’m going to take on your old demons, chase the shadows until day; I’ll cherish you forever and never go away. I’m going to love you, like you’ve never seen Darlin’ I’m the only man that you’re ever going to need.” 5 likes