Start by marking “Mores of the Maelstrom: Volume 1 (A Collection of Short Stories by Mark Sheldon)” as Want to Read:

A collection of six short stories of the dark and mysterious by author Mark Sheldon.

In "The Second Chance," Claire awakens suddenly to find herself sitting in the waiting room of the enigmatic "Dr. T." She has no recollection of how she came to be here or even where "here" is.

In "The Life of Death," see the birth and early adolescent years of Morrey, and witness her
Paperback, 1st, 96 pages
Published October 20th 2014 by Mark Sheldon (first published October 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Mores of the Maelstrom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mores of the Maelstrom

Start your review of Mores of the Maelstrom: Volume 1 (A Collection of Short Stories by Mark Sheldon)
Justin
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it

I won a copy from a First Reads giveaway. This thin volume contains six stories of the dark and mysterious.

“The Second Chance”
This was my favorite out of the collection and liked how the supernatural elements mixed with mystery. 5/5

“The Life of Death”
The origin story of Death which I found inventive, though since it reads more like a fairy tale covering the years, it relies more on telling rather than showing. 3.5/5

“The King of Lost Vegans”
My least favorite since it was more sci-fi than horror.
Robin Morgan
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-own-books
I received a copy of this book as part of giveaway on GoodReads.com in return for my honest opinion of it.

This is the first time I’ve read anything by the author, Mark Sheldon; and I must I’m quite pleased with the experience. The stories in “Mores of the Maelstorm,” reminds me a little of the original, black and white episodes of “The Twilight Zone,” which each story basically falling into its own category. The book runs the gumut, from sci-fi and fantasy to the macabre. Each story contains
TerryJane
Oct 31, 2014 rated it liked it
I received this book as part of a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

This is the first time I've read Mark Sheldon's work. I enjoyed getting a glimpse of his imagination in this collection of six short stories. I most enjoyed "The Second Chance," "The King of Lost Vegans," and my favorite, "A Letter to Mr. Barnabus Blathersby." In each of these tales, Mr. Sheldon established a surprising connection to the characters in the space of just a few short pages. Unfortunately, I felt rather disconnected
Charissa Wilkinson
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book as part of the Goodreads’ First Reads Program for the purpose of a fair and honest review.

Overview: We get to read Mr. Sheldon’s range of short stories here. We have everything from cautionary tales to a good scare story.

Likes: I liked most of these stories, but my favorite was “The King of Lost Vegans.”

Dislikes: “You Did It Again” makes my dislikes for the simple reason: I didn’t understand it.

Conclusion: It was a fun little collection. I hope you enjoy it.

James Lynam
Oct 30, 2014
Mark Sheldon
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: written-by-me
Jason
Ms. Reader
Melissa ahmed
Oct 29, 2014
Mark Sheldon is the author of "The Noricin Chronicles" and "Sarah Killian: Serial Killer (For Hire!)." He has also published "Mores of the Maelstrom," a collection of short stories. Mr. Sheldon lives in Southern California with his wife, Betsy.