Start by marking “Raindrops on Roses (Favorite Things Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Raindrops on Roses (Favorite Things Trilogy, #1)

Raindrops on Roses

(Favorite Things Trilogy #1)

Alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here

From the #1 Bestselling Author of THE GREAT PRETENDER comes a highly-anticipated new trilogy!

Love, Loss, Jealousy & Vengeance — A Razor-Sharp Love Triangle For the History Books!

Book One of the sizzling new FAVORITE THINGS Trilogy

What happens when the man you love, falls in love with someone else?

Mayfair Island, Florida. Grie
Published November 18th 2014 by Millenia Black, Inc. (first published November 16th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Raindrops on Roses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raindrops on Roses

Start your review of Raindrops on Roses (Favorite Things Trilogy, #1)
Keep Calm Novel On
BookSirens provided a copy of the ePub in exchange for an honest review.

Raindrops on Roses by Millenia Black is a truly original contemporary romance. Love triangle—high school sweethearts Michael and Amber are happy or so Amber believes. But then Michael meets Priscilla at her grandmother’s funeral and the attraction is undeniable. What a journey. This page-turner draws the reader into their world immediately. The strength of the well-developed characters sets the tone of this novel. The primar
Roberta
Nov 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Michael Frost meets the lovely Priscilla Bauer at her grandmother's funeral. Priscilla's grandmother was the legendary actress, Veronica Bauer, who left Hollywood at the peak of her popularity. Veronica and her husband, George, started the Favorite Things boutique hotels. Michael is attending Veronica's funeral since his family's business, Frosted Designs, has worked with the hotel chain for a long time.
Michael and Priscilla are instantly attracted to each other. Priscilla does not know that Mic
Nicole2112
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by this author!

This book is the first in the series and is incredibly addictive! I love the writing style and fast paced rhythm this book offers.

A tumultuous love story with highs and lows that we have come to expect from this author.

It's a wild ride and only book one in this series. I can't wait for the next one!

Myndi
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was able to get a copy of this book from BookSirens. I was unaware at first that it was the start to a series, but what a great start. I'm not really fond of cheating, but I think that the way Michael owned up to what he had done wrong and tried to make it right was impressive. I do not like Amber and I feel like she takes advice from the wrong people. I'm nervous as to the chaos that she might cause in future books.

I really like Priscilla and think she is a classy lady. I'm unsure of her brot
Tamara Philip
Millenia Black's Raindrops on Roses was a great read. I really liked Priscilla, I thought she was sweet and I would be her friend if she was a real person. I also really liked Amber, I understood her pain and confusion and even her desperation. The author wrote them Amber in particularly very well. The entire read was quite good but I truly hated Michael. I have never disliked a character as much as I hated this lead male. Priscilla deserved better and Amber, my God, did she deserve so much more ...more
Sally906
Michael meets Cilla - they fall in love instantly and passionately. Trouble is Michael is still living with long time girlfriend Amber.

I didn't like Michael - I felt so sorry for Amber and can really understand what's driving her.

I really like Cilla - is not her fault.

Raindrops on Roses is very readable and enjoyable story. The fact I dislike the male lead and feel sorry for the antagonist shows how well the author has written her characters.

Looking forwards to see what happens the the next
Janis Glass
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. Loved everything about it. I am only giving it 4 stars as the book was very short. I wish Authors would wait and combine 3 short books into 1. I would be willing to pay more for the finished story. As it is, I have to wait for the second book and by that time will have forgot what has happened.
Pamela
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just loved this book. Great suspense and romance. I can't wait for the next book in the trilogy to come out.
Leonara Golosa
May 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of cliffhanger, comples, wonderful second chance romances
Recommended to Leonara by: booksirens
This mixed family and relationship drama is well plotted and the very engaging main characters are enchanting and interesting in the ways their complex relationship becomes entangled and they develop mostly negatively in this opening volume of three.
Priscilla Bauer and Michael Frost as the main protagonists quickly enter the reader's heart. Amber Holland and her mother make wonderful villains and are easily hated, even if Amber and Michael have been lovers for most of a decade, there is no way
Coco.V
Dec 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (12/3/2019)! 🎁
Amna Javeri
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received a reviewer's copy of this book from Lola's Blog Tours in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's blog tour promotions.

Raindrops and Roses starts out as a romance novel. We have the heroine who just lost her beloved grandmother, one who is a famous celebrity. The heroine meets the hero, whose father owns the company contracted by the heroine's grandmother. They have sex on the night of the funeral. The next day, the hero goes home to his fiance whom he has been with sin
Jennifer Pierson
Michael Frost & Priscilla Bauer met at her grandmother's funeral, which he's attending with his father, as their company has worked with Priscilla's family hotel chain for years. They have an instant connection, and neither can deny it, so they spend the night together. And even after, Michael & Priscilla are quickly falling for each other. There's just one huge issue, Michael is still with his high school sweetheart, Amber, and although he's been unhappy in the relationship for a cool minute, h ...more
Heather Catlin
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was an AMAZINGLY fabulous book..one that I could NOT put down and I cannot WAIT for the second book in the trilogy to come out. The characters suck you in and take hold of you and you keep thinking about them days after you're finished with the book.

Michael meets Priscilla whilst in the middle of his own mess of a relationship. Priscilla seems to be just as head over heels for Michael as he is for her. There's only one thing standing in their way...his current relationship, Amber. And she'
Justine
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this down. It's short and ends on a cliffhanger (you've been warned) and I've jumped right into book two! Michael isn't a bad guy, he just fell in love with Cilla and wants to be with her. Amber is too needy and volatile and I'm scared about what she'll do next! Great story.
Judy
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally fell in love with this story - rooting for Cilla and Michael. Amber is a nut!

Can't wait for book II.
Constance
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this love triangle. Michael fell out of love with his high school sweetheart, Amber and she goes ballistic. He's fallen for Priscilla, the granddaughter of a Hollywood actress who recently passed away, and Michael tries to transition from one relationship to another in the dodgiest way possible - and he pays the price.

Considering the fact that Michael had lost his mother at an early age and hadn't had much experience in relationships beyond Amber, it's not surprising he handle the who
Elvira
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can honestly say that this book did not disappoint. The characters are well developed and engaging with undeniable chemistry. The storyline has substance making for a smooth flowing storyline.

Teri
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit I was totally floored by this book. I had no idea what was all started by Micheal would turn into such a crap storm. It is highly suspenseful and while Michael tries to play the innocent here he is far from innocent more like the major reason things go south and with a quickness. He will soon learn vengeance from a woman scorned is the worse kind there is. Love Cilla is a strong independent woman and for her and Michael the attraction is instant and mutual. When she finds out wha ...more
CJLuvsBooks!
Apr 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story intrigued me from the start and had me eager to find out what would happen next. Surprisingly, the character that intrigued and interested me the most wasn’t the hero or the heroine — it was Amber. Relationships and human emotions aren’t black and white. They are very complicated and at times irrational. I felt sorry for Amber. Don’t get me wrong - nothing excuses the crap she pulled, but it came from a very sad and desperate place. No one wants to be replaced, discarded, and rejected. ...more
Rob
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Millenia Black is another new author to me. I love reading a book by an author not known to me because there’s a kind of tension when I start reading because I really don’t know what I’m going to get. Will I enjoy the author’s style, the way they set out their book, the way they make the story flow?

I have to say I’m very impressed with Raindrops on Roses. Now I get that a love triangle isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but if it’s done right, then you kind of accept the cheating.

For example….Michael
Darlene
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted at http://www.peekingbetweenthepages.com...

Raindrops on Roses by Millenia Black, releasing on November 18, is the first book in her Favorite Things Novella Trilogy and it’s an exciting start! There’s a love triangle, romance, betrayal, and a woman bent on revenge. This book comes in at about 140 pages which makes it just perfect for snuggling up by the fire or in your cozy chair and enjoying for a few hours.

Priscilla Bauer lives a good life due to a very hefty inheritance but t
Just another reader
A digital copy of this book was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

This book was an enjoyable emotion-filled romance drama. Veronica Bauer, the legendary and enigmatic Hollywood actor passes away, having started and run the Favorite Things group of boutique hotels. Veronica's funeral is where the two protagonists, Michael and Veronica's grand daughter, Priscilla meet each other. Although they are instantly drawn towards each other, Priscilla is blissfully unaware that Michael has b
Diana
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Raindrops on Roses (Favorite Things Trilogy #1)
By Millenia Black

This book has it all, Love, Loss Jealousy & Vengeance, I couldn’t put this book down.
This story is about a man who falls in love with someone else. Of course something like this happens quite regularly, but this isn’t an ordinary relationship.
Michael Frost, not married but in a long term relationship since high school.
Priscilla Bauer the Grief Stricken Granddaughter whose beloved and famous grandmother passes away. Leaving her an
Rachel de la Fuente
About 1/4 of the way in, I realized the entire premise is a love triangle involving a cheating boyfriend. I went back to check the book blurb, thinking maybe it was misleading, but nope! So clearly I was off my rocker the day I requested Raindrops on Roses, because I don’t care for books like that.

I absolutely despised Amber, and her mother, Julie, both for what they are, and as characters. I never like the “crazy (ex) girlfriend” cliche, and this book was no exception. I feel like every time ch
Blaise Ramsay
This book was very interesting. I really liked how it started with the meeting of the two characters. Both already had such tough internal and external conflicts which really gave me the feeling that their eventual romance would struggle to get off the ground.
The book begins with the two characters engaging in a passionate night which ignites the fires of desire between the two of them. I like how it almost seems to work backwards in a way.
I really liked the twisted love triangle as well but alm
Ana   (Ana_lovesbooks)
This is my very first book by Millenia Black and it won’t be the last! I really enjoyed reading this book. It has enough suspense and romance, drama. I loved everything about this story. I really liked how it started with the meeting of the two characters. I’m not really into love triangle, but this author did an amazing job writing this story. I was drawn into Priscilla and Michael story instantly. This story draws the reader into their world of the characters what they are going through. It ha ...more
Michelle (Adventure in Bookland)
Raindrops on Roses was an engaging, fast-paced read that I had trouble putting down. There are so many twists in turns; you do not know what is going to come next. Being that this book has fewer than 200 pages, it is easy to snuggle up on the couch with book and plow through it in one or two sittings.
One thing that I could not get past in the plot was that Michael cheated on his girlfriend of 10 years with Pricilla. That is one major thing that I do not like in books and I try to avoid. Somehow
Sherri Rosen
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I just completed reading Millenia Black's "Raindrops on Roses"-Book One of the FAVORITE THINGS Trilogy.

The story grabbed me from the first page. And it's all about "what happens when the man you love falls in love with someone else?"
Many readers can identify with this!

I loved the story! Could not put the book down. Milennia is a great writer! I read it in 2 sittings and I look forward to reading her entire trilogy.

Sherri Rosen
Sherri Rosen Publicity Intl, NYC
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of Sex - 3 / 5
How Explicit - 3 / 5
Romance - 4 / 5
OVERALL - 4 / 5
Raindrops on Roses by Millenia Black is a suspenseful novel that moves pretty quickly. I listened to the Audio book narrated by Sharon Lacey. I enjoyed the story but felt it moved a little too quickly for my liking... wishing the author stretched it out a little more. I liked the characters as well as the plot. FYI, there is some cheating and it ends in a cliffhanger.

• Seduction Games (Game for Cookies #1)
  • Tied (All Torn Up, #2)
  • The Energetic Dimension: Understanding Our Karmic, Ancestral and Cultural Imprints
  • More Than Want You (More Than Words, #1)
  • Torn (All Torn Up, #1)
  • Southern Sunrise (Southern, #4)
  • The Princeton Fugitive Slave: The Trials of James Collins Johnson
  • Heated Harmonies
  • A Little SPOT of Perseverance: A Story About Not Giving Up
  • Vengeful Bastard
  • Training His Pet (Owned and Protected Book 6)
  • The Billionaire's Mistress
  • Never Been Hexed (Witching Hour, #2)
  • Erotcia Maid
  • Shadows (Dark in You, #5)
  • A Fashionable Fiasco (Hot Damned #12)
  • The Upside of Falling Down
  • Monster in the Shadows
Bestselling author of the sizzling family dramas The Great Pretender, The Great Betrayal and the all new Favorite Things Trilogy! Book Three—When the Bee Stings—is on sale now!

Link Up with Millenia!

Facebook Group Join My Facebook Group
Facebook Facebook
Twitter Twitter
Pinterest Pinterest

Favorite Things Trilogy (3 books)
  • Blue Satin Sashes: Book Two of the Favorite Things Trilogy
  • When the Bee Stings (Favorite Things Trilogy #3)