Start by marking “Far Horizons: Volume One of the Travelers' Tales (SGX #1)” as Want to Read:
Far Horizons: Volume One of the Travelers' Tales (SGX #1)

Far Horizons: Volume One of the Travelers' Tales

(SGX #1)

Step through the gate...
From the early days of “Todd” the Wraith to Teal’c’s first experience of the SGC, from Atlantis’ past and future to good old-fashioned SG-1 adventures, Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis: Far Horizons brings you a wealth of exciting stories from across the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies.
Whether you’re a fan of STARGATE SG-1 or STARGATE ATLANTIS, there’s som
Published October 22nd 2014 by Fandemonium Books

To ask other readers questions about Far Horizons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Far Horizons

Start your review of Far Horizons: Volume One of the Travelers' Tales (SGX #1)
Denise
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, read-2016
An anthology of SG-1 and SGA short stories to fulfill my ever present Stargate cravings? Yes, please! As is the norm with anthologies involving a bunch of different authors, this is a mixed bag, but I very much enjoyed the majority of the stories. My overall favourites are two of the Atlantis stories, namely the Wraith-centric "Consort" because I absolutely love how the authors of the Legacy books have fleshed out the Wraith characters and culture and am thrilled to get more insights into their ...more
Jenette
I was pretty pumped when this popped up as a recommendation on Amazon. Short stories from both SG-1 and Atlantis? Yes, please! That being said, some of these were a bit of a snooze. Mostly, it was the SG-1 ones that failed to draw me in. The exception being, the one featuring Jack's Asgard clone and Carter and Teal'c and a time dilation field. These had the characters just as i liked them. The real standouts for me, though, were the Atlantis shorts, especially that last one that gives us a quick ...more
Foggygirl
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved the short stories and really miss the TV show!
Alyce Caswell
May 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An excellent collection of short stories, many of them better than the full-length books from Fandemonium. And it was nice to see Zelenka starring in his own adventure.
Gene
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I don't typically like short story anthologies - typically you get a mish mash of good, so-so, and bad stories. This one started out slow, the first two were kinda meh. But it really picked up after that. Lot of good Stargate stories in here, well worth the read.
Suzanne Wood
Lots of fun short trips through the Gate in this one. Oh, and one by me!
Joe Pranaitis
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Traveler's Tales Volume One: Far Horizons takes us on ten stories through out the StarGate timeline. From right after the events of the SG-1 series opener Children of the Gods to up to two years after the death of General Hammond and a little beyond. Each of the ten stories is written by ten different authors who bring their own voice and those of the characters to life. We feel their loss as Carter dose after Hammond's death to the joy that SG-1 feels thanks to what can only be guessed to a ...more
Benjamin Geweke
Aug 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
[3-MINUTE-BLITZ-REVIEW] Surprisingly good collection of 10 short stories, helps that the mix of SG1 and SGA makes it varied from the start. The best story has to be Teal'c's first 3 hours on earth, so interesting seeing his view of earthers and then it gets topped by a sweet and beautiful ending. And it is not the only story that is sweet and beautiful in an emotional way. Cherry on top are the two Zelenka stories.
Ida Leter
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Out of all Stargate books that I have read so far, this one is by far the best. Each story in the book is a perfect length (a few could use a bit more meat on the bone, but easy enough to extrapolate) for an episode of the series. Everyone is kept in-character, the adventures are great, no headscratchers that go against the canon that pull me out of it. Just, a really great collection of stories.
Lee
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable

As a big fan of the Stargate Universe, I found these short stories interesting and fun. I'm always interested in pre-history and in between types of stories. These did not disappoint. Now it's time to read the next one. Hope you like these as much as I did.
Beenee Reads
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: science-fiction
A lovely collection of short stories about some of my favorite people! ‘Consort’ had to be my absolute favorite though because we never seem to get enough Wraith stories.
Lauren
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So many wonderful vignettes of these wonderful characters
Charles A. Arceneaux
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read!

The story were good. The possibility of possibly other story is interesting to say the least! Can’t wait to read some more stories!
Linda Kaban
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stargate
Some of the stories I couldn't get into. But the last one, "A Blade of Atlantis", was captivating. Well done Jo Graham!!
J.L.
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: january-2015
DISCLAIMER: I performed the technical edit for one of the short stories in this anthology, "Perceptions" by Diana Dru Botsford. She gave me a hardcopy version of this anthology in thanks. (I would have bought it anyway.)

Favorite Stargate Atlantis story: "Bone Music" by Peter J. Evans. Suitably creepy, with hints that there is more alien life in the Pegausus galaxy than just the Wraith.

Honorable mention Stargate Atlantis story: "A Blade of Atlantis" by Jo Graham. I'm a sucker for both timey-wimey
Craterdweller
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stargate, owned-books
A good collection of short stories with half focusing on SG-1 and half on Atlantis. The stories that take place past the end of season 10 of SG1 imply Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill are involved. Stories that stood out for me were "Perceptions" set just after the Heroes episode of SG-1, and A Blade of Atlantis, set during The Siege.
Lynda
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: stargate
Since its a collection by different authors, each was different. Stayed pretty true to each author's style, so liking the story may lend a little more to liking the author for that short story. Entertaining, but not a full story nor do I remember anything in it that would affect canon, or other books.
Emily G
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have loved dipping in and out of the Stargate universe with these short stories. Some I loved, some I enjoyed and some were okay, but it will be different for everyone and I recommend this book to any Stargate fan. Four stars.
K
Oct 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a good little short story anthology. Most of the stories were strong little tales- my favourite being the return of Jack O'Neill Junior and my least favourite being the story told from the Wraith POV. 3.5 stars all up.
Anne Thorpe
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A collection of eclectic short stories to suit all tastes. Normally I am not a fan of short stories, as there is not sufficient space to develop characters. In this case, the authors were all playing in known universe(s) with known characters - and having some fun. Enjoy. Read.
Dee
May 29, 2017
Amy Parrish
Aug 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Reliquary (Stargate Atlantis, #2)
  • STARGATE ATLANTIS: From the Depths (SGX-08)
  • Death Game (Stargate Atlantis, #14)
  • The Wild Blue (SGX #5)
  • Transitions (Stargate SG-1, #18)
  • Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Lost Queen (SGX #4)
  • Blood Ties (Stargate Atlantis, #8)
  • Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)
  • Exogenesis (Stargate Atlantis, #5)
  • Allegiance  (Stargate Atlantis, #18)
  • The Chosen (Stargate Atlantis, #3)
  • The Lost (Stargate Atlantis, #17)
  • STARGATE SG-1: Infiltration
  • Inheritors (Stargate Atlantis, #21)
  • Secrets (Stargate Atlantis, #20)
  • If It Bleeds
  • Infinity's Prism (Star Trek: Myriad Universes, #1)
Sally Malcolm was bitten by the m/m romance bug in 2016 and hasn’t looked back. It’s fair to say she’s obsessed with the genre. She has four contemporary m/m romances out, set in the fictional Long Island seaside town of New Milton.

She's also the author of eight Stargate novels and novellas, including the hit "Apocalypse" trilogy. She has penned four Stargate audio dramas for Big Finish Production

SGX (8 books)
  • Stargate SG-1: Permafrost (SGX #2)
  • Points of Origin: Volume Two of the Travelers' Tales (SGX #3)
  • Lost Queen (SGX #4)
  • The Wild Blue (SGX #5)
  • Homeworlds: Volume Three of the Travelers' Tales (SGX #6)
  • STARGATE SG-1: Behind Enemy Lines (SG1-31)
  • STARGATE ATLANTIS: From the Depths (SGX-08)