Start by marking “Graveyard (Ed & Lorraine Warren #1)” as Want to Read:
Graveyard (Ed & Lorraine Warren #1)

Graveyard

(Ed & Lorraine Warren #1)

“Ghosts are always hungry,” someone once said—and no one knows how ravenous they really are more than Ed & Lorraine Warren, the world’s most renowned paranormal investigators. For decades, Ed and Lorraine Warren hunted down the truth behind the most terrifying supernatural occurrences across the nation… and brought back astonishing evidence of their encounters with the ...more
Published October 3rd 2014 by Graymalkin Media (first published January 1st 1992)

Start your review of Graveyard (Ed & Lorraine Warren #1)
Kimberly

I guess the rating on this one really isn't completely fair. I was expecting more of a novel of some of their experiences; instead, these were just some disjointed stories that Ed and Lorraine Warren had come across during their work. There was no real "writing style" to speak of. It simply reminded me of the "urban legend" stories I used to read as a kid. Some of the excerpts were interesting on their own, but the majority were the same type of things I've read dozens of ti
Rebecca McNutt
Following Ed and Lorraine from the popular 2013 paranormal film The Conjuring, this book was kind of fun but rather disappointing. I really didn't care for the writing style (it was like reading a really bad fanfiction), and it didn't honestly seem to go anywhere.
Will N Van
Jun 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Right off the bat, let me say that I'm not sure If I believe everything Ed and Lorraine Warren say they have experienced over the years. For those of us that keep up on these things, I am not the only skeptic. They are of course one of the oldest and most famous teams of parapsychology researchers, having been involved in the Amityville Horror case, and they claim to have investigated (up until Mr. Warren's death in 2006) over 10,000 cases. Their research methods have been called "unscientific," ...more
Ava
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
WOW this was so poorly written and the things they were saying were so outlandish but it was like eating a bag of spooky potato chips
Jason
Halloween 2014 book #1

Two or three vignettes gave me chills, and a few of the stories are great examples of spooky folktales, but the annoying commentary on the part of the authors seriously detracted from my enjoyment.

And I hate to be pedantic [wife: no he doesn't] but I have to pass along a distinction I learned recently. While the title is Graveyard, the sites discussed herein, including the Union Cemetery, are "cemeteries"; now practically synonyms, the two words used to have more specific meanings, w
Melissa
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Deliciously creepy, but with glaring factual inconsistencies and spelling errors.
Steve Wiggins
Continuing a theme from a couple of reviews ago, as well as my blog entries on these books (Sects and Violence in the Ancient World) I am working my way through the Warrens' oeuvre. I'm not doing this systematically. I began by trying to find the story behind The Conjuring and picked up other books in the series as I learned about new cases. If my count is correct, I have two more to go.

This particular
Eleanor
This is a pretty disjointed work of "non-fiction," although really it's a collection of local legends and ghost stories presented as though they've been scientifically proven (without explaining any of the "science" behind this proof).

Many of the stories focus on a town in CT close to where I grew up, and recognizing some of the legends described in the book is the reason I gave this two stars. It reminded me of high school and driving past Union Cemetery with friends to see if we could find th
Ernie
Aug 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't say I believe these stories, but they were better written then much of Stephen King's more recent novels. if these were true I would indeed be terrified. As of right now I am merely entertained. Pretty good collection of stories. I would recommend them on that basis.
Hester
More fantastically ridiculous and poorly written stories of hauntings, possessions and Satanic cults performing sacrifices in graveyards from Ed & Lorraine Warren.

Angela Verdenius
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These true stories are written in an easy and entertaining way. And you know reading about ghosts and haunted graveyards makes for good reading when the lights are on LOL. I'm going to see what other books they've written as I enjoyed this book very much.
Kelly
I've been thinking for the past 24 hours how I felt about this book and all I got is, "meh". I was expecting stories like those around a campfire, but instead got the watered-down version I'd hear in Sunday School.
Jay
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I was pretty disappointed. I love a good ghost story, and based on the Warrens history and reputation I was really looking forward to this book. But, in the end, the Warrens just aren't the best writers. The narrative was plain and their was very little 'scare' in the book. And very little evidence of reality. Maybe one of their other books will be better
Amy
Jun 18, 2017 added it
Shelves: ad-paranormal, 2017
Not even done with this book yet, but I already have things to say about it. I've realized that I fall into a weird subcategory of horror fans: the people who love spooky stuff, but don't believe that ghosts are real. I think that's the main reason I'm having a hard time with this book; the Warrens are putting forth the most ridiculous ideas and claiming that they're factual. One that sticks in my mind is when they say that stone structures are more likely to be haunted because stones are better ...more
Dale
Graveyard haunting recorded by America’s most famous paranormal investigators…

It is difficult to review a book on the paranormal. People either believe in ghosts or they do not. I don’t really think that skeptic is a good term, as it means that the person investigating the case really has no opinion. Their mind is already made up in most cases.

I am a member of a few paranormal websites. I have been fascinated with ghosts and haunting from childhood. My experiences have le
Landon
Sep 01, 2017 rated it liked it
In the novel Graveyard, written by and based off of the true accounts by the widely known paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. They are demonologists, authors and lecturers that have knowledge on the paranormal world. They study eyewitnesses cases on the apparitions/demonic figures that lurk around us. Many diabolical cases have been recorded over the past years of the Warrens career such as possessions, violated property and rearranged objects, or spirits will visibly tear everythi ...more
Dennis Phillips
If you are looking for a book about real haunts or if you just want a good book of ghost stories to send a chill up your spine this would be a great choice. It is true that these are for the most part one person experences and the documentation is sparse but I still liked this book very much. The writing style is very easy to read and draws the reader into the story. This is a perfect book for a cool October evening.

The first section of the book takes its stories from Union Cemetery
Madeline McQueen
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I bought this book, I was both a little unsure and excited. I don't usually read books like Graveyard - books that are written by paranal investigators/demonologists that are based on actual events. So I was excited but I wasn't sure if I would like a book like this, but I wanted to try it purely because it was written by Ed and Lorrain Warren. I'm glad that I did buy it as I enjoyed the read very much. All the stories were gripping and Ed and Lorraine used those stories to give good exampl ...more
Edward Pissmeoff
I'm pretty sure I won this as a Goodreads Firstread.
Not very good. I was expecting a first hand account of one of the Warrens experiences, what I got was a collection of second hand stories. While some of the stories were slightly interesting, they are portrayed as fact, with no evidence given. It reminds me of the Scary Stories series from my childhood.
At one point it's mentioned that Ed has video of the White Lady, and being from CT myself, I was really interested. Turns out that n
Dewin Anguas Barnette
I have heard the Warrens lecture and they were very professional and I have always had respect for them, so I was disappointed to read this book and find it quite overdramatized and filled with small details that didn't make sense, causing me to doubt the entirety of the story. For example, in one story, it starts off saying that it was the 80s then goes on to say it was the 60s. In another, a girl goes to prom in the fall, when prom is typically in the spring. In other stories, the actions of t ...more
Lorene
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I received this book for free for an honest review through Goodreads. It took me a little while to get into the book. It is a collection of stories that occur in and around graveyards. The stories were entertaining but the "asides" by the authors were distracting. Some of the stories were good, others were not well written. For a book its size, it took me longer to get through than it would have if it had captured my attention.
Michael
Mar 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
As fiction, it’s ... fine, if you can withstand the satanic panic and outmoded gender norms.

As the non-fiction it claims to be, it just isn’t. Anything verifiable doesn’t exist. Which you could argue is the truth of any “non-fiction” ghost book, but this one doesn’t even reach the suspension of disbelief.
The Once and Future King
The Catholic bias did bother me a lot. As a witch and a Pagan, I was annoyed with how many times they kept claiming witches are satanic. Or that necromancy is for demon conjuration. Anyone who has spent even 5 minutes online knows that's Bullshit. Despite that, I did enjoyed some of the stuff in it too.

It definately got better toward the end though.
Zelda Elizabeth
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is more of an anthologie of short ghost stories than about ed and lorraines experiances which i was a bit disapointed by as it wasnt what i was expecting but it was still very enjoyable. I also love the cover photo.
Massive fan of ed and lorraines work just wish they wrote more about their own exoeriances and cases rip both of them ❤
TAMARA WIDLAKE
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Graveyard book 1

It was OK had several interesting stories but some seemed kind of far fetched at times a few of the stories were somewhat interesting but was as food as I'd hoped it would be.
Tim Ransom
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Entertaining and Scary

This is one of the best books I've read recently on the paranormal,all the short stories are chilling.Whether you believe that Ed and Lorraine Warren were genuine or not,for entertainment purposes this book is excellent and as scary as hell...
Heather Powell
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Obviously it was enjoyable as I read it in 3 days just reading before bed. lol it did not follow the usual stream of happenings between humans and spirits which made it interesting and to me more believable.
J Kowalski
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

This was my first book that I have read by Ed &Lorraine Warren, and I could not put it down! I just ordered the rest of them. I'm hooked now, I can't wait to start the others.
Claudia Loureiro
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dead-and-dying
This is a nice book on the paranormal,all the short stories are chilling. Whether you believe that Ed and Lorraine Warren were genuine or not,for entertainment purposes this book is excellent.
Recommending this book.
Jaime Hoskins
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed their other books like "The Haunting" more. Graveyard is a series of shorts. Although some of the shorts are interesting and creepy ultimately I enjoy books that are one in-depth narrative more.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sister of Darkness: The Chronicles of a Modern Exorcist
  • Deliver Us From Evil: Taken From the Files of Ed and Lorraine Warren
  • Rzeźnik
  • Inna
  • Kolory zła. Czerwień (Kolory zła, #1)
  • The Myrtles Plantation: The True Story of America's Most Haunted House
  • Beware the Night
  • The Manson Women and Me: Monsters, Morality, and Murder
  • Mes sincères condoléances
  • Zbrodnia po irlandzku
  • W umyśle mordercy
  • The Dark Side of the Mind: True Stories from My Life as a Forensic Psychologist
  • Parco
  • Pokuta
Edward "Ed" Warren Miney was an American paranormal investigator and author associated with prominent cases of haunting. He was a World War II US Navy veteran and former police officer who became a noted demonologist, author, and lecturer. He worked with his wife Lorraine Warren.

Ed & Lorraine Warren (6 books)
  • Ghost Hunters (Ed & Lorraine Warren #2)
  • The Haunted (Ed & Lorraine Warren #3)
  • In a Dark Place (Ed & Lorraine Warren #4)
  • Werewolf (Ed & Lorraine Warren #5)
  • Satan's Harvest (Ed & Lorraine Warren #6)
“Why do so few ‘scientists’ ever look at the evidence for telepathy, so called? Because they think, as a leading biologist, now dead, once said to me, that even if such a thing were true, scientists ought to band together to keep it suppressed and concealed. It would undo the uniformity of nature and all sorts of other things without which scientists cannot carry on their pursuits. . . .” 8 likes