Start by marking “Fear of Striking Out” as Want to Read:
Fear of Striking Out

Fear of Striking Out

Shortstop Tate James has been traded from the all-American town of Milwaukee to the trendy City of Angels.

Pink hair, manscaping, dogs in purses... not his thing. This ball player is less than excited about his new hometown. That is until he crosses paths with beautiful Mia Tomko. She lets him know that not all L.A. women are just after fame and fortune.

As Tate and Mia fi
Published March 13th 2015 (first published February 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Fear of Striking Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fear of Striking Out

Karina Gioertz
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Make sure you clear your schedule before you pick this one up because it totally sucks you in! Tate is totally book boyfriend material...then you add in Toby and oh my goodness!!! LOVE!!!

Having Grant and Colie in the story was a brilliant move on Lyssa Layne's part (P.S. if you don't know who Colie and Grant are you haven't read The Right Pitch - to which I say - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??) Anyway, seeing those two pop up was awesome because they turned out to be the perfect supporting characte
Sassy Southern
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book free in exchange for my honest review.

I loved Fear of Striking Out by Lyssa Layne. Tate has been traded to Los Angeles Stags in the shortstop position. Being in Los Angeles is so far from his comfort zone but he knows this is what he has to do. He contacts on old friend, Asher, to give him a name of a good realtor.
Mia loves selling and flipping houses but hates her business partner. Her plan is to work hard save enough money and finally buy her partner out. Then she meets t
Ramona Alba
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lyssa Layne has gotten another win with the Fear of Striking Out. I'll admit that she got me hooked on romances headlining athletes and I'm definitely not disappointed with this latest release in one of my new favorite genres. And, I got several twists I wasn't expecting as a bonus.

Tate James is the atypical top athlete: he likes the simple life, he hates publicity and fame, and he just wants to concentrate on his game so he can provide for the ones he loves best. So it's not a welcome move for
Janett The Pleasure of Reading Today
Tate James gets transfer to LA to continue his baseball career, he needs to get a place to live pronto and has an appointment with a realtor the next morning, but tonight he finds himself at a bar contemplating his latest life twist. Is at that bar where he meets Mia Tomko, their exchange is brief and a bit heated ending with Mia walking out on him. But the next morning he gets a very nice surprise when his realtor is none other than Mia herself.

These two hit it off and a relationship blossoms.
Chrissy
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I picked this book up and was unable to put it down until I finished it! This is an amazing story of over coming your past, love, and finding your strength.

I fell in love with Mia and Tate’s characters and the chemistry they had between them. Their first meeting was something that definitely left an impression on each of them, and the next day when Tate finds out the mysterious woman from the bar is his new realtor he is besides himself.

I loved how their friendship grew throughout the beginning
Hooked On Books
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Lyssa Layne has hit a homerun with her newest novel about a sexy baseball star.

Tate James is the hot, new short stop for the Los Angeles Stags. He definitely is not short of women’s attention, but he is not looking for a serious relationship.

Mia Tomko is one of the best real estate agents in L.A. Her new client is the gorgeous Tate James. Being a baseball fan, she knows exactly who Tate is.

When they meet they have an immediate attraction to ea
Cheryl
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review of Fear of Striking Out by Lyssa Layne

Review done for Hooked on Books

4 out of 5 stars

Lyssa Layne has hit a homerun with her newest novel about a sexy baseball star.

When they meet
Tami Adams
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever sat to read a book knowing it involves something you have no interest in? I did...LOL. I have never been a fan of baseball, but I'm a huge fan of Lyssa's work. I was able to overlook one for the sake of the other. Once I began reading, I completely forgot about baseball. The emotional roller coaster took over. My admiration for Tate and his upfront attitude was were the ride began. My heart broke for Mia and her situation. It brought back many long forgotten memories. And my absolu ...more
Rebecca Austin
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lyssa Layne has become one of my favorite authors and everytime she has a new book out I get very happy!

This book is another incredible baseball story, this time involving shortstop Tate James, newly traded to the Los Angeles Stags. As Tate heads to LA to try and find a place to live he meets Mia, his real estate agent whom he is immediately attracted to.

Mia Tomko is immediately attracted to Tate as well, but Mia still has a past that she has not quite gotten over, her ex-husband Asher.

When the
Julie
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was super excited to read yet another one of my real life friend's latest books.

Tate James gets sent to LA to continue his baseball career. Trying to figure out where to settle down in the city of angels, he meets Mia Tomko, one of the area's top real estate agents. In addition to Mia finding Tate a house, they decide to explore their new found attraction to one another. Their futures are being affected by their pasts, and Mia is quick to realize that she really does need to let it all go in o
Chantel Rhondeau
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was happy to get to read the continuation of Layne’s baseball books. I think this second book is even better than the first. Mia and Tate are a couple I really enjoyed reading. While Mia is running from a bad past and Tate should be focused on his position on the new team, there is something that keeps drawing them together. Even with the long distances that separate them at times, this slow burn romance makes you want things to work out for the pair.

One thing that impressed me the most was Mi
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fear of Striking Out is a good read. It can be read as a standalone but I had been told that two characters (Grant and Colie) from The Right Pitch pop up up in this story too. I didn't read The Right Pitch so when Grant and Colie come into this story it was meeting new characters to me. Fear of Striking Out is Tate and Mia story. Tate is a sexy baseball player who is begin transferred. He's a little bit bitter about the move but that changes when he meets a sexy real estate agent, Mia.

Tate and
Jordan
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fear of Striking Out will leave you breathless, bemused, and terrified. The exhilaration and happiness of perfect love is poisoned by a relentless past that threatens every second of ecstasy. The fear is very real and the probability of a disaster looms throughout the story but never once is it hopeless. For Mia, love is the strength that gives her what she needs to fight for her future. For Tate, Mia is the missing puzzle piece he never knew he needed to make him whole. Brace yourself for a lot ...more
Lisa
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I love baseball its one of my favorite sports. But I loved this story of Tate and Mia. Tate is a baseball player that had been traded to LA. He needs a home and meets Realtor Mia. However she has an ex that is a douche and because they are business partner she has to deal with him every day. However her and Tate's relationship blossom and grows into something special. But her ex won't let go and it's a read that will intrigue you. Find out how their relationship ends and if they can truly ...more
Isabella Bearden
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, when I started reading it, I got sucked in. Even though life gets in the way, I stayed up to 3am finishing it.
Mia has a strong attitude she goes after what she wants and even though her ex husband always got in the way she knew she had to find a way out.
Tate is swoon worthy. I hated that he didn't get to hear Mia out when an incident came up, but when enough is enough - Mia goes to Tate to explain what happens.

They make their world together - and have their HEA - I even did
Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing

This was a story that touched on a lot of issues and the minute you start reading this you will not be able to put it down. It was a wonderful book about two people that have an instant connection and being able to let go of the past and what all that happens in your past to shape you into the person that you want to be. Tate and Mia was that couple that you rooted from the beginning and were not happy until you got your HEA. I love the way that this story flowed and the way that the to
Megan Crisp

I'm giving 3.5 stars because 1 I love baseball romance and 2 I love baseball romance... however what I do not like is insta love, if your into a fast paced hey my name is.. and I love you... then this is the book for you.. in general it's a good book just not good for me... happy reading..
Linda
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for my honest review.

I loved this story. Hot baseball player, Tate is traded to Los Angeles. This is when he meets Mia his realtor and she definitely sparks his interest. Both have hidden secrets that could make the other run in the opposite direction. I loved the twist and turns in this book.
Paula Genereau
Feb 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When Tate James gets traded to a different team. He's not impressed with it. All the women are after money. Well that's what he thinks. That's until he meets Mia. She shows him that not all women are after money. Will it be enough though?

I received a copy of the book for my honest review
Marie Mckenney
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book

I love this author and have enjoyed her previous books. The emotions and love in this book are awesome. Love the interactions between Mia and Tate plus Toby. Glad that love won out in the end and the ex got what he deserved.

CDBW
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-arc
5 Crazy Ass Stars!!!!!

I'm going to sound cliche but, Lyssa Lane totally hits a home run with this book. I was sucked in right from the start and couldn't swipe pages fast enough to read more about Tate. Hmmmm, Tate! Okay getting mind of the gutter now. This is a must read!
Heather Kirchhoff
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing. It made me long to read more and made me upset or excited at the things that happened. I'd say this book is definitely worth reading.
Rhina
Feb 04, 2015
Kristy Croll
Aug 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Lyssa Layne is first, and foremost, the proud momma to her precious daughter, AR. In addition to working full-time and being a mommy to AR, she is also an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan, a runner, blogger, and an infertility survivor.

Having watched one too many medical dramas and being inspired by author Rachelle Ayala, who introduced her to the world of indie writing, Lyssa decided to try her hand