Start by marking “Murder on the Hill (Harley Hill Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Murder on the Hill (Harley Hill Mysteries, #1)

Murder on the Hill

(Harley Hill Mysteries #1)

Look out London, there’s a new investigator in town! Harley Hill is a twenty-five year old woman in need of a new identity. Until now she’s been know as many things: Thief, Bandit, The girl dressed like a ninja…

When she’s offered an investigative position at the Silvers Finders Agency, she decides it’s time to go straight. But when a jewelry store break-in she’s
Paperback, First, 250 pages
Published November 3rd 2014 by Monty's Tale Press

To ask other readers questions about Murder on the Hill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder on the Hill

Start your review of Murder on the Hill (Harley Hill Mysteries, #1)
Jen
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was great.

Fun, quick and easy, everything it set out to be.

Harley, Codi and Alex were all interesting characters with really distinctive personalities, and the backdrop of London was detailed brilliantly. It felt real - being a Londoner it was nice that I could see in my head some of the locations, and accurate imagine the others.

A mix of crazy additional characters, and I found myself smiling quite a lot at the language and the situations.

Special place in my heart for the sarcastic
N.N. Light
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
I was convinced to try reading it again. Sorry to disappoint you, Jane, I still feel the same. lol!

While the premise intrigued me, the cozy mystery itself did nothing for me. The characters and plot progression were okay, nothing too memorable. It could use a good editor, too.

My Rating: 2 stars
Andrea Rodrigues
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
I got this book through Amazon's KU membership. I found the characters underdeveloped and the plot was unrealistic ("good" cop who gives stolen black diamonds to his friends). The book picked up pace towards the end in terms of action, but I thought the way the mystery was solved was very rushed and out of the blue. The book also had some unnecessary plot points like the S&M thing, weird romance between Harley and Silver's ex, and the goings-on at the aged home. The editor missed many typos ...more
Lacey
Star rating: 3 Stars

Trying to make a clean break from her criminal past, Harley Hill starts working for a PI as a way to make money and possibly skip town. With a Russian mob boss after her for stolen diamonds, Harley thinks that making a quick buck as a PI will help her skip town faster. Instead she gets thrown into a murder mystery she never signed up for and a boss who makes her think sticking around might be a better option. With a deadline baring down on her and a murder to solve, Harley
Kristen
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-ebooks, 2018
I think this is going to be a fun series. I like that the main character has a sordid past and can use it to solve the murders.
Sarah Jane
Ha. What did I just read? I was looking for romantic suspense in Kindle Unlimited and found this. Um, it very barely met could be called either of those genres. This book was so strange. I liked it well enough to keep reading, but I found it to be quite odd. There were characters and elements that were well constructed and interesting, but other parts that were baffling or off-putting. I guess it felt like one big jumbled mess of thoughts - but REALLY why on earth would Harley be attracted to ...more
Deep S
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
This is sweet little book about Harley and Cordi and how they end up solving a mystery :)

Harley is a street smart girl who has ad some bad things with a don Ivanov.
she used to steal artifacts and some hacking and now is on a run and trying to get a new identity.
Cole helps Harley and introduces her to Cordi.
Both females hit of together and try to solve Murder of Mr Bellman.
There are lots of side plots, where Ivanov is after cordi for some money.
A small LARP a old are home and lovely climax.

The
Megan
I got this book as a Kindle freebie and really wasn't expecting much. However, overall I found the story cute and fun. The mystery was good, but it could've been better. I didn't like the edgier scenes in the story, (view spoiler), so because of them I'd only recommend this book to adults. I did like how the story had Cordi saying ...more
Anne Michaud
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Such an entertaining story I read it in one sitting!! You can't help but want to be Harley's friend: she funny, witty, she loves cake and she's not all sparkles - there's a dark side to her. The mystery is fun and you can't help but embark in the adventure with the two girls (it made me want to be part of the team, too).

I laughed out loud more than once, and cannot wait for the sequel to come out. Kennedy Chase is a name to watch, mark my words.
Dawn
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2017
I actually liked this book. It was an interesting take on someone turning their life around. Harley has an interesting background, and though she works hard to turn her life around. The other characters that surround her are eclectic and interesting. That adds a lot of depth to the story and made me want to find out about everyone even more. Of course, there is the mandatory hot men that surround the main character throughout the book.

There was only one thing that bothered me through out the
DEBORAH I MORRIS
Alana Bloom
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an amusing, fluffy cozy mystery. I enjoyed the characters, though they lacked the depth I prefer. Still, there were moments that made me laugh out loud and Harley was fun to follow. I was a little disappointed with the convenient wrap ups at the end. There was at least one arc that could have spanned at least one more book, and one of the character reveals made me upset because there was no warm up to that moment. The book could use a little bit of editing for typos but I still plan to ...more
Don
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

Super characters with multiple storylines that will keep you occupied well into the night. The four main characters are absolutely perfect in their roles and in their ability to carry out these roles. I still have a hard time picturing our young rogue warrior but you just know she is stunningly beautiful. I would have rather the killer had a little more time spent on her earlier in the book because I had to go back to identify her. Cannot wait to read the follow-ups.
Argum
I read this after reading the second in the series so it was nice to see how it started. I enjoyed the second so signed up for the author's club and got this book free for joining. I was right that the second gave enough info to make sense and that the first wasn't ruined by reading out of order. Harley is in debt to the mob and gets a job working at a finding agency to figure out the story with a strange breakin where nothing was taken but something was left. Her new boss is entertaining and ...more
Deborah L. Hardy
Love Harley and Cordi

Very good first book in series. I like the characters of Harley and her employer/new BFF Cordi. The plot has so many threads and moves along quickly. My only real criticism is that some of the important minor characters aren't developed enough. But in the first book of a series, you're more interested in developing the major characters, so I'm looking forward to reading more in the series.
Paulette C. Kent
Fun cozy murder mystery .

Quirky rag tag group of characters . Great read . Twist and turns and some surprises at the end . I really enjoyed reading this book and have bought the rest of the set . I can't wait to see what is in store for these characters . I don't think I'll be disappointed .
Patti Fischetti
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun mystery!

Harley Hill is funny! She had me laughing and intrigued at the same time. I like cozy mysteries because the plots are not so hard core but still keep you on your toes. For a first book I couldn't put it down until the end. I loved it and I've decided to read both.Dr books in the series.
Lori Johnson
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
I loved the characters in this book. The reason it got only three stars is because the proofing on this book was horrible. There were times were left out, put in the wrong place, spelled wrong or mixed matched. I am reading the third one and I am hoping it is better. When I pay for a book I expect it to be edited.
Kathy
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

If your like me and love a great cozy with great characters that you will love and a story you can't put down than Kennedy Chases books are for you getting the next one now
Maryruth Drescher
A great find th I s mystery.

Loved loved it. Love the characters , everyone. I especially like Harley. She is so real. The mystery was super and not easy to solve. I thought I knew, but what fun.
Karen
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This was a cute cozy mystery. It kept me amused throughout. Harley and Cordilla were great characters. I listened to this book on audible and I think it is better this way. I got a better feel for the characters.
Awallens
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun and funny

I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this book or not. It must’ve been a freebie at one time and I thought it on a whim. Glad I did. A fun start to a series, and some sceens made me laugh out loud.
Bobbi W
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the book

Liked the characters and their storyline. The boonies at a good pace and I wanted to read more in the series.
Bonny B. Pendleton
Cozy Murder

Well developed and relatable characters. A fun read. I’ll probably stay with this series. Glad I bought this one to read.
Mary
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant start to a new series. Love the characters of Harley,Cordi and Cole. The mystery was cleverly done and the story a real page turner.
Linda
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable.

Lighthearted and happy book with a good ending. Looking forward to more of the same caliber.
Nothing else to say
Susan Puckett
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good read... wasn't sure at first but I liked the development of the Harley Hill character.
Natalie
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, kindle
Free Kindle book. I got a 3 pack for free. The plot was good enough to start book 2 but the language is crass at times and it needed another run through an editor.
Barbara J Wicks
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read.

I read so many mysteries that usually guess the culprit early on. I had one out of two. It really was fun to read. Thanks
Christine Hayes
was good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Beached & Bewitched (A Magic Island Paranormal Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Mummified Meringues (Lexy Baker #10)
  • Un-Familiar Magic (Accidental Familiar, #3)
  • Engaged in Trouble (Enchanted Events #1)
  • All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar, #1)
  • The Long Paw of the Law (Ashley Crane Mystery #1)
  • Medium Things (Lost Souls Lane #3)
  • Apple Die (Apple Orchard Cozy #1)
  • A Murder in Helvetica Bold (Thistlewood Star Mysteries #1)
  • Cutie Pies and Deadly Lies (Murder in the Mix, #1)
  • The Vanishing of Dr Winter (Posie Parker Mystery, #4)
  • Hot Chocolate and Homicide (Chocolate Centered Mystery #11)
  • Tea & Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #1)
  • Cold as a Witch's Toffee (Allegra Darling Cozy Mystery Book 1)
  • Leashed (Going to the Dogs #1)
  • Pixie Me Up (Newborn Pixie Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • Never Mess with Mistletoe (Leigh Koslow Mystery #10)
  • Making a Medium (Lost Souls Lane #1)
Kennedy Chase was born in New York in 1969 but moved to London when she was a teenager. She now lives in Notting Hill with her grey cat, Monty, and half a dozen Corgis and Pugs. (3 of each).

Kennedy is a writer of women sleuth mystery novels. She loves to bake in her spare time, and specialises in chocolate cake. On the weekends, Kennedy likes to retreat to the country for long walks with her dogs,

Harley Hill Mysteries (6 books)
  • Murder on the Page (Harley Hill Mysteries, #2)
  • Murder in the Kitchen  (Harley Hill Mysteries, #3)
  • Murder in the Cake (Harley Hill Mysteries, #4)
  • Murder in the Salon (Harley Hill Mysteries #5)
  • Murder in the Mine (Harley Hill Mysteries #6)
“Information is power, and power is money.” 1 likes
“Lockland on occasion to source items before they go to auction for private buyers.” “How interesting. What kind of things?” “You know, the usual, antique furniture, vases, diamonds, jewels.” “Then you and I shall get on fine, I’m sure, Miss Harley…” Cordi left it open for me to fill in the surname, but up until now I hadn’t thought of one—Cole was waiting for me to confirm it too. I frantically looked around the” 0 likes