Start by marking “Perception (Eve #3)” as Want to Read:
Perception (Eve #3)

Perception

(Eve #3)

Questions, questions, and more questions... they consume Jocelyn Timmons lifeboth of them. Questions that never seem to have an answer. They haunt her, eat at her, and dreams of a normal senior year of high school have finally floated away into nothingness.

Published October 20th 2014 by Booktrope Editions

To ask other readers questions about Perception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perception

Start your review of Perception (Eve #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
RATING: 4.5 STARS

photo 10170988_800818213309900_8580497140867791915_n_zps52050814.jpg

Perception is book three in the Eve series by A.L. Waddington.

photo 6_zps537b779d.jpg

Can you imagine going through life as a normal almost eighteen year old teenager, starting your senior year, but in a matter of weeks, your entire life and everything you have thought you understood has changed? This is the circumstances Jocelyn Timmons has found herself in. In the first two books of this series, she discovers that she has inherited EVE (Essence Voyager Era) from her Uncle. She is existing on two
Hayley
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you've been following me for a long time you'll know that it's no secret that I can't get enough of this series. I think it's my favourite YA series of all time, and it definitely deserves that title.

Firstly, how gorgeous is that cover? I'm considering asking for all of the novels in paperback for Christmas, but they're quite expensive in the UK so I might have to save up for them myself. The covers have all been beautiful but this one is just next level.

The characters are always developing
Nay Denise
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange of an honest review.

This was a pretty good book. I enjoyed reading up on Jocelyn and Jackson. Their lives are so connected and intertwined that I simply adore their relationship. A.L. Waddington has created such a profound world -- or rather worlds -- in 2009 and 1878. She has taken two eras and meshed them so seamlessly that it flows easily and doesn't confuse me as a reader.

Jocelyn has grown so much since the first two books. She is bit
Kelly Mccurdy
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so didn't want this book to end. There are so many things that I want to discuss, but I am not going to do that because it will give it away. Nineteenth century Jocelyn has been slowly seeing everything that is going on in 2009. She can feel when she is upset or is hurting. In this book trust is tried, and bonds between friends are pushed. Jackson and Jocelyn are perfect together. When they are apart, they are miserable. Jocelyn meets her Uncle Nicholas and learns that he too, has EVE. She is ...more
Nicole LeAnn LeAnn
I loved this book, which isn't much of a surprise since I love the whole series so far! With each new part of the story unfolding, it becomes more impossible to put down. I highly recommend this series to anyone and everyone and can't wait for the next book to come out!!
Larissa
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have been sent copies of all of the books from the series up to now by publicists and have been liking them less and less as I go along. The original premise of people leading two different lives at different times was so intriguing that I kept reading, hoping that the story would utilize this unique premise to create a kick butt story, but three books in I think that ship has finally sailed.

There are just so many things that have fallen short in this series for me, so I will try to string my
DreamsAndScrems Bookaholics
***** April's 5 Star Review ***** 5 Dreams and Screams

Questions, questions, and more questions.. they consume Jocelyn Timmons lifeboth of them. Questions that never seem to have an answer. They haunt her, eat at her, and dreams of a normal senior year of high school have finally floated away into nothingness.

Sarah-Jayne Briggs
(I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review).

(This review may contain spoilers).

Having read the first two books in this series, I was really happy when I was offered the opportunity to read the third book in this series. Unfortunately, I didn't finish it as soon as I would have liked... but I still enjoyed reading it when I was able to start.

I did feel that part of the first couple of chapters sounded really familiar... as if I'd read a couple of those lines in the previous
Skaistė
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm excited there's already book three and I'll get to know more of Jocelyn's and Jackson's story. The cover is amazing again! And there's nice and touching rhyme in the beggining. I loved it.

I enjoyed this story. It's hard to put down this book once I started to read it. I couldn't stop and so I decided I'll read first and do things I had to do sometime later. It's so easy to read I barely noticed the time passing by or how much I have already read. I love these characters and I love to read
Michelle
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, chick-lit
Perception starts where the last Eve novel left off. The barrier is still lingering, but Jocelyn is coming to terms with her new life on two different planes. She is still struggling with getting along with her brother and Mom. They both seem to think she is nuts for wanting to marry someone at 18 years old (can you blame them?) but Jocelyn still won't tell them why she's doing it. The reader desperately wants to tell her "JUST TELL THEM ALREADY!" since dealing with them thinking she is crazy is ...more
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received a copy of this book from CLP Blog Tours in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's blog tour promotions.

I'm not into the young adult genre. However, this series from A.L. Waddington is proving to me that the YA genre definitely has some of the best books in modern literature. First thing I loved was the cover. Yep, all three books had reall, really beautiful covers that grabs at you and makes any reader want to start reading it.

I also loved all the characters in the
Oda Renate
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great installment in this high quality series.
Things I love about the series:
- that there is no villain in the usual,- sitting in the corner stroking a cat, and laughing hysterically-way.
the book simply has people, making mistakes, others being supportive, just like in most people`s everyday life`s.
- that it is fantasy, but like commented above, it reads much more as a contemporary. With people doing and acting like people.
In other words: this series is refreshing in a lot of ways, and
Sasha
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! We get to see how the relationship has changed in both worlds and how the characters adjust. We also meet a new character who may have more information on eve and could a sibling also have eve??? Find out in book three :) if you enjoyed book one and two you won't regret this one!! We find out a lot more!!!!! So good :)
Racheal
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
how can I wait for book #4!? I'm dying here...lol....I'm going to have to find something worthy enough to feel this void until the next book comes out.
April Johnson
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Inheriting the gift of EVE (Essence Voyager Era) has become both a gift and a curse. One that Jocelyn doesnt know if she wants or can accept. The world she once knew and thrived in has all but disappeared in the last two months. And now she
Cat
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-review
Book #3 in the series picks up pretty much where #2 leaves off. Chapters are clearly delineated, which is nice since the timelines don't match up exactly.

The story mainly focuses on the same characters, with a new "surprise" one (it caught me off guard, anyway). I liked that some of the characters are shown more in-depth this time as it helps the protagonist (and the reader) get a better picture of how lives are different in each time period. Unfortunately because the story is narrated from a
Heavenly
Sep 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Copy gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Another amazing part of the series. This book shows how much Jocelyn has grew up and how much has happened to her. She is more confident, outspoken and she starts to understand Eve also. She finally stopped listening to others about what she is going through.

Jackson....swoon...he is the dreamy guy. A gentleman that is treating Jocelyn right in both of their lives. He is caring, attentive and always there for her. He proves that with his
Kayla
Feb 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: time-travel, bleh
This whole series didn't take me all that long to read. They are fairly short. But I feel like so far it has just been all too predictable for my liking. Its not bad but just feels "blah". I finished this one in only a few hours just like the rest of them so far. I doubt the next will be much longer. I honestly just want it to be done now but the next one won't be out for a while yet. And honestly the thing that ticked me off the most was the use of "Bae". I totally completely insanely hate the ...more
Mia
Feb 08, 2016
Rich Robinson
Sep 22, 2015
A.L. Waddington
Oct 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cheryl Monette
Apr 15, 2015
Norma K
Sep 12, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Apr 10, 2015 11:38AM
A.L. Waddington has her masters in military psychology and is currently working on her doctorate. She is an avid researcher and reader and when she is not lost in the world of her own creation, she is busy exploring the southwest region of the country. She is slightly addicted to coffee and after recently moving to Arizona, has a new-found appreciation for Central Air Conditioning. She and her ...more

Eve (4 books)