Start by marking “Nailbiter, Vol. 2: Bloody Hands” as Want to Read:
Nailbiter, Vol. 2: Bloody Hands

Nailbiter, Vol. 2: Bloody Hands

(Nailbiter #2)

Army interrogator Nicholas Finch is hot on the trail for why sixteen of the world's worst serial killers are all from the same small town, but his path to answers is lettered with deadly intentions. There are dark forces that don't want the secrets of Buckaroo and it's murderous past to be revealed. And the Nailbiter himself has to deal with being thrown in the spotlight a ...more
Published March 17th 2015 by Image Comics (first published March 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Nailbiter, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nailbiter, Vol. 2

Kate (GirlReading)
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5* this storyline keeps getting more and more messed up and disturbing as it goes on. I kinda don't want to keep reading but I know I can't stop. It's incredibly gripping but this volume felt a little disjointed with characters seemingly pointlessly appearing but I'm hoping the next volume will give them a little more context. I'm incredibly intrigued to see where this goes but damn it it's gruesome. 😅
Jim
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Still good.
Like in the first vol., crazy things happen, people being murdered and you have no idea what is going on. This series might not be the best thing ever, but there are some very good scenes and most importantly it keeps you interested.
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

This volume is SO disjointed. Each issue was episodic - the one with the crazy pregnant woman, the one with Brian Michael Bendis (the comic writer?! Seriously?!), the crazy bee guy, the bus driver. Did ANY questions get answered? Did we get ANY closer to finding out the origin of the Buckaroo Butchers?

I should probably rate 2 stars but it wasn't bad per se, just...aimless?
Sooraya Evans
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Being fast-paced and action-packed, Volume 1 definitely made a great first impression.
But why do I sense like it's all now going downhill?
The pregnant woman chapter and author Brian Michael Bendis' appearance as himself made no significant impact whatsoever. Just a couple of disjointed stories, among others.
I'm still going to give Volume 3 a chance. That will then determine whether or not I continue further :(
Charmaine
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 3.5

This is the second time I’m reading this graphic novel, and I spent issues six through to nine wondering how the frick I could have initially rated this 4 stars. I was absolutely sure I'd be bringing my rating down to at least a 3, but now it looks like I'll have to eat my words (or thoughts, I guess). It wasn't disappointing enough to drop an entire star, and I felt like it deserved to be rounded up rather than down, but I definitely think this volume suffered slightly becau
Anna
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
More disjointed than the first book and didn't really have all that much to do with the main storyline. I did think that the whole thing with Brian Michael Bendis was especially stupid. It was basically just some extremely dumb filler, that had no place in this kind of comic book -- a waste of an entire issue! Curious to see where this goes in Volume 3, but I'm putting this series on hold for a little bit. I just need to wait and think on it, decide whether or not I'm wasting my time with this o ...more
Gavin
Nov 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Hmm...I think it's not as silly as volume one. There's some stuff here that's OK, but then they throw Meta shit in, like Brian Michael Bendis coming to town to research a horror comic?? Ya no.
I bought the creepy bee guy and his hillbilly grandson...I don't buy that Finch is still one the case.
I buy the bus driver who is sick of it all and snaps. I also buy the irony of his death.

I'd probably say 3 stars is apt. I'm not enthralled but I didn't hate it.
47Time
Mar 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-thriller
These stories don't add much to what began in the first volume, but they do underline an apparent madness that is inexplicably linked with the town. I won't say that it's skippable, but I agree that it feels like a short brake between story arcs. Buckaroo has become famous on the internet because of its serial killers. The press and the FBI add more pressure to a town that is convinced of the curse that creates serial killers of its citizens.

A pregnant young woman named Mallory wants to have her
Kristen
2.5/5
Overall i'm liking these graphic novels, but this volume felt like it had TOO much going on. It had a very disjointed feel to it. Each of the "issues" within the graphic novel seemed to feature a different character with a unique storyline, and the storylines didn't really converge at the end. I'm wondering if in subsequent issues/volumes some of the pieces will come together. Or maybe the issues are supposed to be viewed independently? Either way, this wasn't really workin for me like volu
Sandra
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The question of who is really killing all these people is still a question in this volume.

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS VOLUME:

- crazy woman who wants her unborn to grow up as a serial killer
- crazy man who experiments on killer bees.
- serial killer hiding under beds
- finger salad
- underwater ruins
- crazy bus driver who wants the kids to die to stop the curse of kids growing up to be serial killers
- Brian Michael Bendis cameo (I loved this one)
- bloody drawings on a wall

Basically, this volume doesn
Christopher
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Not nearly as good as the first volume. These issues meander entirely too much and manage to include two stupid and overused small town cop story cliches (both the preacher who riles up the town against the good police and the federal agent who treats the good guys as suspects instead of catching the killer). This may all be fine if reading a completed tale, but standing by itself this volume feels like filler.
Roy
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
A bendis cameo in a horror crime novel!! What cant this guy do? Such a creepy and thrilling read. Loving this series atm!! He unveils just enough with each issue which provides the intense intrigue. The art is so gory but not over the top in description.
MK King
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is my last (313th)book for 2018 and it was a disappointment. I’m off to watch some hockey with a friend and eat pizza and wings so I’ll just say the writing (Bendis cameo was weak and completely discredited the series) left a lot to be desired. Bees ? School bus ? This was far from scary, horrific, or compelling. I won’t be pursuing Volume 3.
Jonathan

I love this creepy shit.

Death by bees...

Crazy guys on horses in the forest...

Serial killers under your bed...

And, Brian Michael Bendis?!?

Chad
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Things in town get even stranger in this volume. It really is Twin Peaks with serial killers. Worth it for the Brian Michael Bendis appearance alone!
Juan Carlos
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nick y la sheriff Crane siguen investigando las pistas de Carroll para descifrar el misterio de los asesinos de Buckaroo.
Una nueva pista lleva a la apicultura, parece que las abejas juegan un papel en la historia del pueblo.

Más incógnitas que resolver y un claro guiño al silencio de los corderos.
Y un curioso cameo.....¡Bendis!

Continúa la buena senda que dejó el primer tomo.
Jenna
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying this graphic novel series and can't wait to see what happens in the next volume. I am curious to see if something I am predicting will end up happening. Love how this one ended even though I tend to hate cliffhangers.
Ignacio
Con nuevos asesinos en serie y misterios, mantiene el tono. A destacar el divertido número protagonizado por Brian Michael Bendis, que se acerca a Buckaroo para documentarse para un nuevo cómic. Me ha sorprendido.
Dan
Aug 31, 2015 rated it liked it
While not as good as the first volume this was entertaining and creepy.
Trish Isiderio
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
This was a fucking ride.

It amazes me how this comic manages to scare me, disgust me and make me feel in levels I cannot comprehend and in a pace I cannot keep up with. One moment, I'm staring horrified at one panel, the next, I'm tearing up at something profound. The sincerity and boldness of this comic really stands out, and adds to the experience greatly. You're not just reading a murder mystery, you're reading a murder mystery with actual people with actual lives in it.
Also, I cannot believe
Jonathan Maas
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better with every page. Vol 2 introduces some standalone tales (sort of), which gives you a break. But man, great series.
Michael (Mai)
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I personally love this series. It’s so weird and good with a dash of creepy stuff that makes me check under my bed before I go to sleep at night. This volume continues to follow Finch as he tries to solve why so many serial killers come from Buckaroo and what his friend Carroll was doing there and what happened to him.

I think most people would consider this a horror story. And while there are a some creepy parts I feel this is more along the lines of a suspense or thriller story. I’ve seen nothi
Ashley
Oooh things are getting interesting... very interesting.

And Scary Too! What is going on in this town!?

I can't wait to read more of this. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of what's going on in this town. Perfect Halloween Reading. It's a very good horror comic. I would recommend.
BOOKCITEMENT LEVEL 4/5
Adam Fisher
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Back into the horror world of Nailbiter to find.... Brian Michael Bendis? LOL Bendis makes an appearance here as an author researching for a new comic based on the serial killer town featured in this title. Very meta issue, but also very funny.
The rest was typical for the comic's storyline, but it seems like we might be headed to "ancient burial ground"?? Still compelling, but needs to watch that it doesn't fall into clichés.

Recommend
Marianna Neal
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
OK, so I didn't love the second volume of Nailbiter as much as the first one (mainly because I thought the story got sidetracked at one point), but I'm still very much digging it. I'm sad I don't have another volume to read. Yes, I know I can read issues, but I'm not a fan of the whole one issue a month thing - I prefer to read a bunch of them in one sitting, hence why I mostly read in volumes. Can't wait for the next one to come out! I'm oddly addicted :)
Seth
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was another solid installment to an awesome story. This series is incredibly creative and a lot of fun(if you consider crazy serial killers and an edge of your seat suspense fun.) So if you are looking for a good book that is steeped in unpredictability take it from me, this series will not leave you bored.
Aaron
Mar 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not as strong as the first volume (mainly due to the out-of-place second chapter starring real life comic book writer Brain Michael Bendis), but otherwise enjoyable.

Also, some of the clues presented here to the mysterious reason(s) behind the town's legacy of serial killers gave me an uneasy feeling as to what direction Nailbiter is headed - and not in a good way.
Frances
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it
A little more episodic than the last one, but sets up a few more things that I hope will be dealt with in the third book (which I am really going to hope provides a wrap-up to at least some of the plot threads we are dealing with).
Justine
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series so much. It's so dark and twisted and I need more! It wasn't as good as the first one but it's still f-ed up. I can't wait to read more in the series.
Brianna
Slightly disjointed, but still interesting. I am so excited to continue with this <3
  • Spread, Vol. 1: No Hope
  • Deadly Class, Vol. 2: Kids of the Black Hole
  • Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It
  • Outcast, Vol. 2: A Vast And Unending Ruin
  • Baltimore, Vol. 3: A Passing Stranger and Other Stories (Baltimore, #3)
  • Harrow County, Vol. 1: Countless Haints
  • Chew, Vol. 10: Blood Puddin'
  • Harbinger, Volume 2: Renegades
  • Manifest Destiny, Vol. 1: Flora & Fauna
  • The Darkness: Origins, Volume 1
  • The Creep
  • American Vampire, Vol. 7
  • Southern Bastards, Vol. 2: Gridiron
  • Colder, Vol. 1
  • Boulevard (Hayden Glass, #1)
  • Gun Work (Hard Case Crime #49)

Nailbiter (7 books)