Start by marking “Hades (Demonica Underworld #2; Lords of Deliverance #6.5; Demonica #13; 1001 Dark Nights #19)” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Hades

(Demonica Underworld #2)

A fallen angel with a mean streak and a mohawk, Hades has spent thousands of years serving as Jailor of the Underworld. The souls he guards are as evil as they come, but few dare to cross him. All of that changes when a sexy fallen angel infiltrates his prison and unintentionally starts a riot. It’s easy enough to quell an uprising, but for the first time, Hades is torn be ...more
Published May 26th 2015 by Evil Eye Concepts, Inc. (first published March 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Hades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hades

Alex is The Romance Fox
2,5 stars
Hades is a novella and part of Larissa Ione’s fantastic Demonica/Lords of Deliverance Series and I was really looking forward to the blue mohawked badass and jailor of Sheoul’s story.
 photo Nicki-Gif_zpstbfbvbzf.gif
I was a bit disappointed….perhaps it had something to do with this being a novella because the story felt somewhat rushed and I just didn’t feel connected to the two main characters.

Hades didn’t sparkle to me!! He dawdled around Cat aka Cataclysm, fallen angel because she was in cahoots with the wicked ange
AJ
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Hades-loving stars

As a mad fan of all things Demonica, I have been so excited for this novella. I absolutely adore Hades – perennially shirtless, blue-mohawked, sarcastic and arrogant keeper of souls and jailer of the Underworld. He has popped up in a number of books throughout the series, and I was thrilled when we found out he was getting his own story.

Cataclysm (Cat) was an angel, but unwittingly joined Team Bad during all that went down in the last couple of books in the series. Stripped o
Izy
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating ~ 4 stars

ARC was generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I never thought that someone can actually make me like or even have sympathy for Hades, I mean the guy is called the Lord of the Dead amongst other not so nice things.

Cataclysm aka Cat was just recently kicked out of Heaven, now a fallen angel she works for Azagoth in Sheoul-gra (hell). Cat is trying to earn her way back to heaven. Though all she can manage to do at this point is make a mess at Azagoth
Sophia Triad
Hades is the Jailor of Hell. Being the original bad boy and a fallen angel, he likes to be shirtless all the time and he has a blue mohawk and a bad attitude. His boss is Azagoth.
Azagoth, for his personal reasons, is making Hades’ life a torment every day. You see Hades made a huge mistake when he was younger and Azagoth has not forgiven him ever since.

Cataclysm (Cat for friends) is another fallen agent that has joint Hell’s personnel. She really likes Hades but he does not give her a chance to
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
3.5
Entertaining and I love the Demonica world.
Otila
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Demonica/Lords of Deliverance series and Hades' story was certainly entertaining but ultimately not completely satisfying.

I think there was too much going on for such a short novella that neither the romance nor the plot were really developed. They didn't really spend enough time together for me to believe they went from lust to love. There was a lot of telling and not a lot of showing when it came to the plot and the resolution felt anti-climactic.

I think it's still worth a read if
Julia's Book Haven
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
*3.5 Stars*
Ren Puspita
3 stars

Hades is the latest installment of Demonica series (that I love so much) and a final-for-now story that happen in the complicated yet fascinating Demonica worlds. Follow directly after the end of Revenant and some characters are already introduced from novella Azagoth, Hades is a story about Hades (of course!) and Cataclysm. Cat is a fallen angel that first introduced in Azagoth as his housekeeper and as for Hades, reader know him from Rogue Rider (or Lethal Rider, I don't remember). The
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Larissa Ione's Demonica series and I really miss the world and the characters so I'm thrilled that she's still writing the occasional novella for fans to dive into. Hades has made appearances throughout the series but he's never been a central character, mainly because Azagoth has kept him pretty much confined to Sheol-gra as punishment for something he did thousands of years ago.

Anyway, I was really excited to get to spend some time with Hades and I loved Larissa Ione's take o
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Cheyenne's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I’ll admit I had fallen behind with the Demonica and Lords of Deliverance series. I haven’t read the last couple of books, life had gotten crazy and with the amount of books I read in a month I know I am behind on so many of my older favorite series. Even with being behind, I was able dive right back in and completely be devoured by this series. It was like I never left and I am going to be going back and re reading all the books because I
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Hmmmm...it was good but just didn't hit me the way some of the others have. I loved Hades personality and the descriptions of his personality but I felt like when it was getting right into the good stuff I didn't get to see it. Although, the end was pretty funny and I guess that was the real him. The setup kinda was a little unbelievable but I guess something had to happen to get the story rolling. So, I liked it and think it was a good addition to the series it just wasn't the best.

namericanwordcat
This is completly enjoyable fast read and you don't have to have read the series to get a lot of pleasure out it.

I love the accident prone angel heroine. Hades is great. Their romance could use more time to be as a couple but the falling in love was good. The best moment in the novella has to do with regret and forgivenss outside the romance. It is tender, true and wonderful.
Anka
Nov 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Pensaba que la historia de Hades me iba a gustar porque sentía mucha intriga por él. Lástima que me haya sabido a poco.
Andrea
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
This was an enjoyable Hades/Persephone retelling, but in this one there is no Persephone. Only Cataclysm, a fallen angel sent to work for the grim reaper. Her work there leads her to deal with another fallen angel from time to time, Hades. The two start off as casaul acquaintances and then certain situations force them together. I did enjoy the chemistry and the smut between them. This was a short and sweet story so there wasn't much dancing around.
Kathleen R.
Page Count:155 pages
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Oh how I’ve missed being in the Demonica world. With just the right amount of humor and snark, Larissa Ione managed to make me both happy and sad with HADES. Why? Happy because it just felt nice to read a paranormal with a flair of what I used to love in my reading. And sad because I just miss it! I miss this genre done in this way. I miss Larissa Ione’s writing style. And I miss this world!

Hades is a typical hero for Ms. Ione. He should be all bad but he’s actually got a sweet side, and a play
Esra
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
lords of delivarence serisinden bir novella .
Azagoth'un yardımcısı Hades ve işlediği bir suçtan dolayı düşen melek cat'in hikayesi. Açıkçası ben oldukça eğlendim okurken. Hades oldukça renkli ama bir o kadar karanlık bir karakter. Saçları mavi mohavk, üzerine renkli yanar dönerli pantalon dışında birşey giymiyor. oldukça seksi ve çok komik bir espiri anlayışı var. ama bir o kadarda acımasız ve karmaşık. kendi içinde yapayalnız bir adam. Cat ise oldukça meraklı bir tip . herşeye burnunu sokan ,
Lynsey A
I always love a chance to revisit the Demonica and Lords of Deliverance series and characters. This book was no exception. Although, I didn't love it as I did others in the series is was still a nice addition. Best thing about it? Reaver appears! Not once! But twice! :) Loved it!

Intrigued about Zubahall now. When do we get his story, Larissa? :)
Santy
I loved Cat from the previous books but can we just be real here? She was not "brave" for going into the 5th ring, it was a very reckless move. ESPECIALLY when she could've just told the appropriate people to get the situation handled.

Okay with my mini-rant over, its no secret that I liked that blue haired bastard Hades from the Lords of Deliverance series but after finding out he has a softer side in this book, I liked him even more. Coupled with his backstory and all that Azagoth has made him
Under the Covers Book Blog
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it

Oh how I've missed being in the Demonica world.  With just the right amount of humor and snark, Larissa Ione managed to make me both happy and sad with HADES.  Why?  Happy because it just felt nice to read a paranormal with a flair of what I used to love in my reading.  And sad because I just miss it!  I miss this genre done in this way.  I miss Larissa Ione's writing style.  And I miss this world!

Hades is a typical hero for Ms. Ione.  He should be all bad but he's actually got a sweet side, an

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
You don't need to read the rest of the books to understand what is going on, but since I had it certainly enhanced the experience for me. Hades isn't a character you get to see a lot of in the previous books, but the bits you do get are intriguing and pretty much NOT what you expect him to be. See, he is the Jailer for Sheoul, or Hell as we know it. Or at least I certainly don't expect the man in that position to sport a blue mohawk. Maybe that is my own misconceptions though. ;-)

The story start
Kathryn
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hades was a great read. Fans of the Demonica universe will love being back in that world and love meeting Cat and getting to know Hades better. The novella gives you so much with backstory as well as thrusting you in to Cat and Hades' crazy affair.
I enjoyed reading about Cat. Hehehe...She was such a klutz, but she definitely had a fiery personality that is refreshing. And then Hades?? OMG...a blue mohawk that adorns his gorgeous body??
Um...yes!!!
I totally understood why Cat was comple
Georgia White
Gimme gimme gimme!!!! I never suspected Hades to have a story. But now I'm twitching in excitement!
Zeek
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Not near as good Azagoth but ok- i liked Hades and Cat but they hardly spent any time together. Anywho medicore Ione is better than most authors A game.
Dhfan4life
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it
This story kind of went differently than I expected it would have. But it was cute nonetheless and was kind of interesting to see Hades of the blue Mohawk get some lovin' too.
Shelby
While not my favorite book in this series I still love everything about this world so much. Hades and Cat were no exception. I just adore how well Larissa Ione writes her bad boy characters who should be irredeemable in the mythology, yet are never truly as horrid as they seem. Hades maybe the Lord of the Dead and the torturer of all things evil and demon, but he still has good in his soul. He just needs the right spark to bring it out.

Cat was lovely. I loved her bumbling nature. She tries so ha
  • A Dragon's Family Album (Elder Races, #6.5, #6.6, #6.7)
  • An Unhuman Journey (Only Human #2)
  • Hearts of Darkness (Deadglass, #1)
  • Steal the Night (Thieves, #5)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Midnight Breed #13.5; 1001 Dark Nights #27)
  • Drawn Into Darkness (Soul Gatherer, #1)
  • Blood-Bonded by Force (The Community, #3)
  • Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3, Lords of the Underworld #10.5)
  • Angel Betrayed (The Fallen, #2)
  • Drinker of Blood (SPECTR Series 2, #3)
  • Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark, #16)
  • Accidentally...Cimil? (Accidentally Yours, #4.5)
  • Bound by the Vampire Queen (Vampire Queen, #8)
  • Eternal Hearts (A Darkness Within, #2)
  • Predator's Refuge (Gemini Island Shifters, #3)
  • Angel's Desire (The Fallen Warriors, #2)
  • Born To Be Wilde (Immortal Vegas, #3)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Larissa Ione penned her first novel at the age of 13 and hasn't stopped writing since. She has been a U.S. Air Force meteorologist, an EMT, and a professional dog trainer, and you never know when one of those interests will pop into her novels.

She lives a nomadic existence with her U.S. Coast Guard husband and son, so her writing career has been a bl

Demonica Underworld (8 books)
  • Azagoth (Demonica Underworld #1; Lords of Deliverance #5.5; Demonica #11; 1001 Dark Nights #6)
  • Z (Demonica Underworld #3; Demonica #14; 1001 Dark Nights #39)
  • Razr (Demonica Underworld #4; Demonica #15; 1001 Dark Nights #56)
  • Hawkyn (Demonica Underworld #5; Demonica #16; 1001 Dark Nights #77)
  • Her Guardian Angel (Demonica Underworld, #6; Demonica, #17; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • Dining with Angels: Bits & Bites from the Demonica Universe(Demonica Underworld #7; Demonica #18)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #19)
“The road to Hades is easiest to travel. ––Diogenes Laertius   Enjoy the trip, because the stay is going to be hell. ––Hades” 4 likes
“An axe struck him in the head. Pain screamed through him as shards of bone from his own skull drove into his brain.
“Bastard” he snarled as he wheeled around to his attacker, a burly Ramreel with a black snout and glowing red eyes. “You fucked up my Mohawk.”
2 likes