Start by marking “Hades (Demonica Underworld #2; Lords of Deliverance #6.5; Demonica #13)” as Want to Read:
Hades (Demonica Underworld #2; Lords of Deliverance #6.5; Demonica #13)

Read Book

Hades

(Demonica Underworld #2)

A fallen angel with a mean streak and a mohawk, Hades has spent thousands of years serving as Jailor of the Underworld. The souls he guards are as evil as they come, but few dare to cross him. All of that changes when a sexy fallen angel infiltrates his prison and unintentionally starts a riot. It’s easy enough to quell an uprising, but for the first time, Hades is torn be ...more
Kindle Edition, 1001 Dark Nights #19, 155 pages
Published May 26th 2015 by Evil Eye Concepts, Inc. (first published March 22nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Hades, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hades

Start your review of Hades (Demonica Underworld #2; Lords of Deliverance #6.5; Demonica #13)
Alex is The Romance Fox
2,5 stars
Hades is a novella and part of Larissa Ione’s fantastic Demonica/Lords of Deliverance Series and I was really looking forward to the blue mohawked badass and jailor of Sheoul’s story.
 photo Nicki-Gif_zpstbfbvbzf.gif
I was a bit disappointed….perhaps it had something to do with this being a novella because the story felt somewhat rushed and I just didn’t feel connected to the two main characters.

Hades didn’t sparkle to me!! He dawdled around Cat aka Cataclysm, fallen angel because she was in cahoots with the wicked ange
AJ
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 Hades-loving stars

As a mad fan of all things Demonica, I have been so excited for this novella. I absolutely adore Hades – perennially shirtless, blue-mohawked, sarcastic and arrogant keeper of souls and jailer of the Underworld. He has popped up in a number of books throughout the series, and I was thrilled when we found out he was getting his own story.

Cataclysm (Cat) was an angel, but unwittingly joined Team Bad during all that went down in the last couple of books in the series. Stripped o
Penny
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars.

It was ok. However, in comparison to the other stories from this world, it was underwhelming. I personally was expecting more. I didn’t feel a real connection or emotion between the characters. Cat and Hades come across as nice people, but as the protagonists, Hades left me unimpressed and Cat was very simple-minded.
In regards to the plot, in my opinion, it doesn’t complement well the Demonica series. It was overly dramatic, while the resolution was oversimplified. To m
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
23439154-1.jpg

These novellas are more small novels and less novellas, in my opinion, this one is again around the 150-page mark and is about Hades Azagoths Jailor of Souls and Cataclysm an unfallen who is under the reapers protection and also employ in Sheoul-Gra.
Cat ascendingly opens the portal into the inner-sanctum while cleaning Azagoths office and lets through a soul that doesn't belong causing a series of events that put all in serious danger.
Trying to fix her mistake Cat again lives up to her name and
Izy
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rating ~ 4 stars

ARC was generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I never thought that someone can actually make me like or even have sympathy for Hades, I mean the guy is called the Lord of the Dead amongst other not so nice things.

Cataclysm aka Cat was just recently kicked out of Heaven, now a fallen angel she works for Azagoth in Sheoul-gra (hell). Cat is trying to earn her way back to heaven. Though all she can manage to do at this point is make a mess at Aza
Sophia Triad
Hades is the Jailor of Hell. Being the original bad boy and a fallen angel, he likes to be shirtless all the time and he has a blue mohawk and a bad attitude. His boss is Azagoth.
Azagoth, for his personal reasons, is making Hades’ life a torment every day. You see Hades made a huge mistake when he was younger and Azagoth has not forgiven him ever since.

Cataclysm (Cat for friends) is another fallen agent that has joint Hell’s personnel. She really likes Hades but he does not give her a chance to
Otila
Jul 11, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Demonica/Lords of Deliverance series and Hades' story was certainly entertaining but ultimately not completely satisfying.

I think there was too much going on for such a short novella that neither the romance nor the plot were really developed. They didn't really spend enough time together for me to believe they went from lust to love. There was a lot of telling and not a lot of showing when it came to the plot and the resolution felt anti-climactic.

I think it's still worth a read if
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
3.5
Entertaining and I love the Demonica world.
Ren Puspita
3 stars

Hades is the latest installment of Demonica series (that I love so much) and a final-for-now story that happen in the complicated yet fascinating Demonica worlds. Follow directly after the end of Revenant and some characters are already introduced from novella Azagoth, Hades is a story about Hades (of course!) and Cataclysm. Cat is a fallen angel that first introduced in Azagoth as his housekeeper and as for Hades, reader know him from Rogue Rider (or Lethal Rider, I don't remember). The
Dec 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love Larissa Ione's Demonica series and I really miss the world and the characters so I'm thrilled that she's still writing the occasional novella for fans to dive into. Hades has made appearances throughout the series but he's never been a central character, mainly because Azagoth has kept him pretty much confined to Sheol-gra as punishment for something he did thousands of years ago.

Anyway, I was really excited to get to spend some time with Hades and I loved Larissa Ione's take o
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Cheyenne's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I’ll admit I had fallen behind with the Demonica and Lords of Deliverance series. I haven’t read the last couple of books, life had gotten crazy and with the amount of books I read in a month I know I am behind on so many of my older favorite series. Even with being behind, I was able dive right back in and completely be devoured by this series. It was like I never left and I am going to be going back and re reading all the books because I
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Hmmmm...it was good but just didn't hit me the way some of the others have. I loved Hades personality and the descriptions of his personality but I felt like when it was getting right into the good stuff I didn't get to see it. Although, the end was pretty funny and I guess that was the real him. The setup kinda was a little unbelievable but I guess something had to happen to get the story rolling. So, I liked it and think it was a good addition to the series it just wasn't the best.

Andy
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
This was an enjoyable Hades/Persephone retelling, but in this one there is no Persephone. Only Cataclysm, a fallen angel sent to work for the grim reaper. Her work there leads her to deal with another fallen angel from time to time, Hades. The two start off as casaul acquaintances and then certain situations force them together. I did enjoy the chemistry and the smut between them. This was a short and sweet story so there wasn't much dancing around.
Kathleen R.
Page Count:155 pages
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Oh how I’ve missed being in the Demonica world. With just the right amount of humor and snark, Larissa Ione managed to make me both happy and sad with HADES. Why? Happy because it just felt nice to read a paranormal with a flair of what I used to love in my reading. And sad because I just miss it! I miss this genre done in this way. I miss Larissa Ione’s writing style. And I miss this world!

Hades is a typical hero for Ms. Ione. He should be all bad but he’s actually got a sweet side, and a p
Santy
I loved Cat from the previous books but can we just be real here? She was not "brave" for going into the 5th ring, it was a very reckless move. ESPECIALLY when she could've just told the appropriate people to get the situation handled.

Okay with my mini-rant over, its no secret that I liked that blue haired bastard Hades from the Lords of Deliverance series but after finding out he has a softer side in this book, I liked him even more. Coupled with his backstory and all that Azagoth has made him
Lynsey A
I always love a chance to revisit the Demonica and Lords of Deliverance series and characters. This book was no exception. Although, I didn't love it as I did others in the series is was still a nice addition. Best thing about it? Reaver appears! Not once! But twice! :) Loved it!

Intrigued about Zubahall now. When do we get his story, Larissa? :)
namericanwordcat
This is completly enjoyable fast read and you don't have to have read the series to get a lot of pleasure out it.

I love the accident prone angel heroine. Hades is great. Their romance could use more time to be as a couple but the falling in love was good. The best moment in the novella has to do with regret and forgivenss outside the romance. It is tender, true and wonderful.
Under the Covers Book Blog
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it

Oh how I've missed being in the Demonica world.  With just the right amount of humor and snark, Larissa Ione managed to make me both happy and sad with HADES.  Why?  Happy because it just felt nice to read a paranormal with a flair of what I used to love in my reading.  And sad because I just miss it!  I miss this genre done in this way.  I miss Larissa Ione's writing style.  And I miss this world!

Hades is a typical hero for Ms. Ione.  He should be all bad but he's actually got a sweet side,

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
You don't need to read the rest of the books to understand what is going on, but since I had it certainly enhanced the experience for me. Hades isn't a character you get to see a lot of in the previous books, but the bits you do get are intriguing and pretty much NOT what you expect him to be. See, he is the Jailer for Sheoul, or Hell as we know it. Or at least I certainly don't expect the man in that position to sport a blue mohawk. Maybe that is my own misconceptions though. ;-)

The story start
Kathryn
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hades was a great read. Fans of the Demonica universe will love being back in that world and love meeting Cat and getting to know Hades better. The novella gives you so much with backstory as well as thrusting you in to Cat and Hades' crazy affair.
I enjoyed reading about Cat. Hehehe...She was such a klutz, but she definitely had a fiery personality that is refreshing. And then Hades?? OMG...a blue mohawk that adorns his gorgeous body??
Um...yes!!!
I totally understood why Cat was comple
Dhfan4life
Dec 29, 2014 rated it liked it
This story kind of went differently than I expected it would have. But it was cute nonetheless and was kind of interesting to see Hades of the blue Mohawk get some lovin' too.
Georgia White
Gimme gimme gimme!!!! I never suspected Hades to have a story. But now I'm twitching in excitement!
Zeek
Aug 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Not near as good Azagoth but ok- i liked Hades and Cat but they hardly spent any time together. Anywho medicore Ione is better than most authors A game.
Shelby
While not my favorite book in this series I still love everything about this world so much. Hades and Cat were no exception. I just adore how well Larissa Ione writes her bad boy characters who should be irredeemable in the mythology, yet are never truly as horrid as they seem. Hades maybe the Lord of the Dead and the torturer of all things evil and demon, but he still has good in his soul. He just needs the right spark to bring it out.

Cat was lovely. I loved her bumbling nature. She tries so ha
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
It was a cute read. I liked it. It was hot when it got there.

But for me, there were too many unanswered questions. I get it’s a novella, but don’t set up a horror show then have her completely lose her memory forever leaving us nothing to know what happened to her. It didn’t have to be detailed but something.

And again, Hades saves the human but we aren’t told how.

Both felt like convenient plot devices to keep word count down by not explaining and it left me wanting.

It feels like the author wan
3.5 Stars

Larissa Ione's Demonica series is an epic, all-encompassing collection of books that focus on the trials and tribulations of an angel/demon-infused world. I have been a fan of the series for years and, therefore, have high expectations of every new installment. Besides the fantastic worldbuilding and snarky one-liners, one of my favorite aspects of the series is the author's ability to take "villains" and redeem them without making me them seem like different characters. She does that o
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Darkest Assassin (Lords of the Underworld, #14.6)
  • The Darkest King (Lords of the Underworld, #15)
  • Forever Wicked (Wicked Lovers #7.75)
  • The Darkest Warrior (Lords of the Underworld, #14)
  • Dragon Fever (Dark Kings #9.5; Dark World #26.5)
  • Frost and Flame (Gods of War, #2)
  • The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld, #14.5)
  • The First Night
  • Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3, Lords of the Underworld #10.5)
  • Wicked as Sin (One-Mile & Brea, Part One Wicked & Devoted, #1)
  • Where Winter Finds You (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #17.5)
  • Dungeon Games (Masters and Mercenaries #6.5)
  • The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld #3.5)
  • Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark, #2, Lords of the Underworld #9.5)
  • Inferno (Dark Kings #18)
  • Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark, #17)
  • Dragon Lost (Dark Kings #16.5)
  • Shadow and Ice (Gods of War, #1)
Air Force veteran Larissa Ione traded in a career in meteorology to pursue her passion of writing. She has since published dozens of books, hit several bestseller lists, including the New York Times and USA Today, and has been nominated for a RITA award. She now spends her days in pajamas with her computer, strong coffee, and supernatural worlds. She believes in celebrating everything, and would n ...more

Demonica Underworld (9 books)
  • Azagoth (Demonica Underworld #1; Lords of Deliverance #5.5; Demonica #11)
  • Z (Demonica Underworld #3; Demonica #14)
  • Razr (Demonica Underworld #4; Demonica #15)
  • Hawkyn (Demonica Underworld #5; Demonica #16)
  • Her Guardian Angel (Demonica Underworld, #6; Demonica, #17; Masters & Mercenaries Crossover Collection)
  • Dining with Angels: Bits & Bites from the Demonica Universe(Demonica Underworld #7; Demonica #17.5)
  • Cipher (Demonica Underworld, #8; Demonica, #18)
  • Reaper (Demonica Underworld, #9; Demonica, #19)

News & Interviews

“The road to Hades is easiest to travel. ––Diogenes Laertius   Enjoy the trip, because the stay is going to be hell. ––Hades” 4 likes
“An axe struck him in the head. Pain screamed through him as shards of bone from his own skull drove into his brain.
“Bastard” he snarled as he wheeled around to his attacker, a burly Ramreel with a black snout and glowing red eyes. “You fucked up my Mohawk.”
2 likes