Start by marking “Winds of Deception (Samantha Rite #2)” as Want to Read:
Winds of Deception (Samantha Rite #2)

Winds of Deception

(Samantha Rite #2)

Winds of Deception is the second book in the Samantha Rite Adventure Series. The mystery continues...

Since returning home recently from her never-to-be-forgotten cruise vacation, Samantha Rite has been busy trying to catch up at work and settle back into her normal day-to-day routine.

Little does she know her simple and quiet life is about to be thrown into turmoil as she
Published September 16th 2014 by Orlando Home Solutions, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Winds of Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winds of Deception

Denota
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You know it's a good read when it takes you several chapters before it hits you,on yeah I read this before. I was disappointed so I kept on reading. Just as exciting as the first time.😁

I love Hope Callaghan 's books. I didn't recognize this series. So of course I bought it. I love the way she brings her faith to each book in comforting ways. The characters read like people I would love to add to my friends list. This was a quick paced story that I enjoyed.
Anne Wingate
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How Does She Do?

How does Hope Callaghan write so many good books so fast?
You really do need to read this set in order. If you treat this as a stand-alone it will still be a good read, but you won't know what's going on. Callaghan is in her usual high form as she artfully leads you to suspect the wrong people.
Carol
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, ebook, series
read as part of Cozy Mysteries Collection: Home & Holiday Edition
really felt lost as if the story was a direct continuation of previous book. Characters were not really identified and you had only slim idea of connections. problems wrap up quickly and the story just stops to be continued in next novel....
unless you plan to read all 3 dont bother.
Billie Rayborn
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent adventure

As I said, there was amazing adventure more than half way through the book. The plot moved along rapidly. Then the climax and a lot of mushiness followed. I like undertones of romance, but this was a bit much. I'll continue reading Hope, though, and recommend this book for the amazing adventure!
Terri
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How can one women get into so many scary situations? She's smart, sassy, strong and has attracted 2 good looking men. Will she pick the right one? Very good book.
Veronica Knack
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This adventure was over way too soon! I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Charles Russell
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Great book, easy read. Nice mystery with good characters that you like to get to know. I will read more of these.
RO G'ma
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Deception trilogy written by Hope Callaghan. Sam returns from her cruise and the bad people come looking for her. This book continues with the great storyline and character development created in Book 1, and has twists and turns at every corner. The suspense keeps you on the edge of your seat, but there are moments of romance, devotion to family and friends, love of God and faith, plus LOL moments though out the book. As with all Ms. Callaghan’s books, this one con ...more
Tom
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was ok
Sorry to say that I found this book just not very well written. Connection with the preceding book in the trilogy (which I had not read) was not adequately explained. The early part of the book was pretty promising, and I kept hoping the rest of the book would live up to that standard. Sadly it did not. I found, for the most part, that the book was just underdeveloped, with rough transitions. Frankly I don't understand the average 4-plus star rating this book has received (that rating is why I d ...more
Jennifer Robb
Mar 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Hope Callaghan
Recommended to Jennifer by: Kindle
This is the first book in this series that I have read (though it is book #2 in its series) but I did not feel lost by not having read the first book. I have read other books by this author. In places, I found the writing a bit amateurish sounding or simplistic.

This book follows Samantha Rite after she returns from a cruise (on which she was taken hostage). Samantha's daughter and her friend have taken a trip to Florida using the same luggage that Samantha used. Little does Samantha know that s
Linda Rainey
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love the this book better.

We continue Samantha' s adventure in this book but we the addition of daughter Brianna to the mix.The suspense keeps up to the last page.
I was glad to see Gabby make an appearance. Her flamboyant personality is refreshing and I hope to see her in the next book.
Now on to book 3.
Sheila Cassada
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Hope

This I s another great mystery by Hope. The story makes you feel as though you are a part of the action. You want to keep reading to find out what is going to happen. This is a book you will enjoy and I highly recommend it.
Diane Durbin
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Exciting page turner

The continuing story of Sam becomes a real page turner as she fears she is being followed, developers close friendship and involves her daughter and her daughter's friend in her adventures. Very goodbread
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Winds of Deception

Book two in the Samantha Rite mystery series. This is a continuation of the mystery in the first book with several of the characters returning. Samantha is in danger, but why, and what about her daughter who is on vacation with her best friend in Orlando.
Embgram
Sep 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
A bit too short

The story was over before I was ready for it to end. Maybe I should have refreshed my memory on the previous book, then I would have seen the answer to the who-done-it part. Now on to book 3 while this one is still fresh in my memory!
Marilyn
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good

the story about how the evil criminals that are chasing this women and her daughter.she has no idea why someone would want to harm her.
Jenny Carr
Feb 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Not as good as the previous one. I don't think I will bother with the third.
Karen Neal
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Thanks

These books give so much hope to me and I am sure to many other readers. Thanks for the inspiration and the b l blessings.
Patricia C Kyser
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
DIDN'T HOLD MY ATTENTION

Sorry but I think I LOST INTEREST IN THE STORY LINE ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH THE BOOK. I JUST COULDN'T SEEM TO GET INTO IT AFTER THAT.
Jumana Alibhai
Jul 05, 2019
Pamela Lewis
May 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Sweetened with Honey (A Farm Fresh Romance #3)
  • The Northern Star: Civil War
  • Winter (Seasons of Love, #4)
  • Finding You in Time (Train Through Time, #4)
  • Cries & Whiskers (Theda Krakow, #3)
  • Eternal Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2.5)
  • Deadly Intent (Adrian Hell, #4)
  • The Valley of Shadows (Derek Stillwater, #4)
  • Seasons of Wither (The Great North Woods Pack, #3)
  • Flood Rising (Jenna Flood #1)
  • Bright New Murder (Plain Jane Mystery #3)
  • All Washed Up (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #3)
  • March Into Madness (Mark Taylor, #4)
  • Deceptive (On the Run, #3)
  • The Golden Couple (The Samantha Project #2)
  • Journey in Time
  • Dying for a Change
  • Smilodon
Get New Releases, Giveaways, and FREE & Discounted Books at: https://hopecallaghan.com/newsletter
OR Text the word BOOKS to 33222

★ AMAZON BESTSELLING AUTHOR & KINDLE ALL STAR! ★
★ Mom's Choice Award Winner! ★

2017 Winner Mom's Choice Award!

Hope Callaghan is an author who loves to write Christian Cozy Mysteries & Mystery/Suspense books.

Born and raised in a small town in West Michigan, she

Samantha Rite (3 books)
  • Waves of Deception (Samantha Rite #1)
  • Tides of Deception (Samantha Rite #3)
“exact same” 0 likes