Start by marking “Daring & Disruptive: Unleashing The Entrepreneur” as Want to Read:
Daring & Disruptive: Unleashing The Entrepreneur

Daring & Disruptive: Unleashing The Entrepreneur

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  255 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
DARING AND DISRUPTIVE IS AN INSIGHTFUL AND SOULFUL ACCOUNT OF THE ENTREPRENEUR’S ROLLER-COASTER RIDE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO SUCCEED ALMOST AS MUCH AS THEY WANT TO BREATHE…WHO WANT TO MAKE THE IMPOSSIBLE POSSIBLE AND THE ORDINARY EXTRAORDINARY.

After decades of success in multiple industries, Lisa Messenger blends her personal stories with the important business lessons she h
Published February 1st 2015 by The Messenger Group Pty Ltd (first published October 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Daring & Disruptive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daring & Disruptive

Lupe Dominguez
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Wow. I've never read a book about someone who had started and stopped so many business but not because she couldn't hold down a job but because she wanted MORE and could SEE more!! Lisa Messenger is someone that I would love to follow on all platforms. I loved a lot of her tips and tricks but what I took lost were her tips on developing a better YOU and how that makes for a better business.
Nov 19, 2016 rated it liked it
An easy and inspiring read. Most of the advice is fairly general. A nice reminder though for those navigating the entrepreneurial path, and it is also enjoyable to hear about her personal experience.
Naomi
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. A quick read (read it in an afternoon) and packed with some great quotes, inspiring messages, and many useful ideas. I love Lisa's energy and was nodding my head many times as I related to her entrepreneurial anecdotes. I placed at least two dozen sticky notes where I'll be back to flip through and get inspired again. Would definitely recommend if you are thinking about starting a business or if you've been at it for a few years as I have and need a bit of fuel to reenergize.
Sputnik Sputnik
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it
A pretty easy read. Love what Lisa's achieved especially with her magazine which is amazing, but found this book a bit 'fluffy'. A lot of the concepts are, I suppose not surprisingly, pretty familiar and I'm sure if you've read people like Tony Robbins plenty of the ideas on here will ring a bell also. Still valuable of course, and a quick fix of inspiration, just not as meaty as i'd hoped.
Danielle
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed to read at this time. Thank you Lisa.
Novrianti
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Too many pieces of good advice infused into personal anecdotes! Enjoyed this book thoroughly, it will inspire the entrepreneurial spirit within individuals to soar and achieve personal/work goals!
Miguel
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring and realistic.
Lib
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting, insightful and entertaining. Unlike many other business style books I have previously read.
Mariel
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Encouraging and uplifting read. Easy to read. The inside of the head of an entrepreneur.
Kristy Parisi
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read, I couldn't put it down!!! Has a casual fun vibe to it
Brenda
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an easy, inspiring read that I knocked out in one sitting. The author's story of her trials and tribulations with her entrepreneurial ventures is compelling and motivational.
Rachel
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this woman - she is one of my biggest sources of inspiration and motivation... an AMAZING mentor who has written such a positive and uplifting book to guide everyone on whatever journey they wish to take whether they be entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial.

I LOVE that she wants to inspire and guide all no matter what their personal journey may be.

I LOVE that she fills this book with information and guidance from personal experiences that are actually relevant to most people whether they're
Nicole Burkholder
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
I found this book very motivational. I took notes with this book and I think I will find them useful later on as I develop my career. This book made me want to take action and I now believe that I can accomplish anything I can imagine with the right steps/mindset. I think this book is worth reading and that anyone could manage to get something out of it. Lisa's voice is energetic and endearing, and makes you feel that she has faith in you. I recommend this book for anyone with a creative and/or ...more
Sally Lindsay-briggs
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
What an enjoyable free book from the Goodreads giveaways! It was written by a zany extrovert, who has started many small companies. She calls herself a serial entrepreneur. The book is full of interesting anecdotes, and lots of practical advice for starting your own business. There are many motivating mantras to help start, keep going, become wildly successful and what to do with success. This was really full of hope for those who need to be daring and disruptive in the business world.
Alicia McQuade
Apr 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lisa has done an amazing job. The messages in the book are simple, witty, and relevant. She has an amazing way of writing that has you moving from laughter to self-reflection in the matter of a few sentences. I am an avid reader of the Collective magazine, and this book has the same uplifting and daring attitude that permeates the magazine.
Nancy Chen
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book was written in an easy-to-understand conversational tone. No theory, no business jargon, which is what I loved about it. As a new startup business owner, I was inspired after reading her book. Would have liked it to be a bit longer and have a bit more content around the obstacles she got through.
Nicole Alexander
Jun 09, 2015 rated it liked it
A playful and light-hearted romp that shines a light on the world of the would-be entrepreneur. There are no hidden gems of wisdom here but the reader does learn that you need to be one feisty, determined woman to take the global publishing world head-on. Cheers to Lisa Messenger.
Susan
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: misc-read
I won this book through Goodreads. A great easy read. Takes common sense to the next level. Great read.
Jodadi
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational for all, if you are looking for some inner push and drive in your career and life read Lisa Messenger.
Charles Franklin
This was a great book! It really emphasized the essential core of entrepreneurship, which is addressing your fear, relationships (with yourself and others), purpose, energy, and ideas. Great read!
Georgia
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Well, I had to revise for the book launch! But it was worth the read - she's an inspiring lady.
Donna Barney
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful!
Kwang Wei Long
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
has a very similar feel to richard branson approach to business.
Lisa shares about what makes her so resourceful and how her experience shaped her.
interesting read.
Katische Haberfield
May 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved it. To find out why- my review is now live on http://www.profitalist.com/daring-and...
Leticia
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fabulous, no bullshit read. Full review at biodagar.com.
Tasha Wakefield
rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2016
  • Move, Nourish, Believe: The Fit Woman's Secret Revealed
  • The Fictional Woman
  • Mastering Your Mean Girl: The No-BS Guide to Silencing Your Inner Critic and Becoming Wildly Wealthy, Fabulously Healthy, and Bursting with Love
  • Money, A Love Story: Untangling Your Finances, Creating the Life You Really Want, and Living Your Purpose
  • Make Peace With Your Plate
  • Lucky Bitch: A Guide for Exceptional Women to Create Outrageous Success
  • The Entrepreneur's Guide To Getting Your Shit Together
  • The Audience Revolution: The Smarter Way to Build a Business, Make a Difference, and Change the World
  • Brave: 50 Everyday Acts of Courage to Thrive in Work, Love, and Life
  • Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead: What Every Business Can Learn from the Most Iconic Band in History
  • Transformational Speaking: If You Want to Change the World, Tell a Better Story
  • Managing Content Marketing: The Real-World Guide for Creating Passionate Subscribers to Your Brand
  • The Practitioner's Guide to Product Management
  • The Challenge to Succeed
  • Richest Man in Babylon and The Magic Story
  • Six Frames: For Thinking About Information
  • Light Is the New Black: A Guide to Answering Your Soul's Callings and Working Your Light
  • Becoming Your Own Therapist