Start by marking “Quicksand (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Quicksand (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery, #3)

Quicksand (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery #3)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  299 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
A thousand-year-old secret room. A sultan’s stolen treasure. A missing French priest. And an invitation to Paris to rekindle an old flame....

Historian Jaya Jones finds herself on the wrong side of the law during an art heist at the Louvre. To redeem herself, she follows clues from an illuminated manuscript that lead from the cobblestone streets of Paris to the quicksand-s
Paperback, First, 280 pages
Published March 10th 2015 by Henery Press

To ask other readers questions about Quicksand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quicksand

Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Apr 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015
Historian Jaya Jones has settled in San Francisco when she gets a letter from Lane Peters, an old fling, with a ticket to Paris. She has her doubts about going, she has a great job and leaving in the start of the term isn't the best thing, but, in the end, thanks to a little help from a friend she is able to leave her job for a week to see Lane again. But of course, nothing goes as planned...

I had no problems getting into the story even though this is the third book in the series and the first o
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I like the style of this series. An armchair adventurer with an interest in history and culture will get their desires well satiated as they accompany Jaya on her adventures. To anyone who is a Francophile, look no further.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur Magazine for the March 2015 issue. http://affairedecoeur.com.
Melinda
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
One incredibly smart narrative with highly intelligent characters. I found both narrative and characters quite appealing. The plot has an interactive feeling with undeniably charismatic characters, you try to solve the mystery with them every step of the way. Fabulous historical elements cement the solidity of the storyline.

Sébastien quickly became my favorite, his zest for life, his vibrant personality jumps off the pages. Jaya possesses all the ingredients for a standout female protagonist. I
Kevin
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just love how the author has used her real life experiences and true historical events to craft am action adventure novel. If you like Indiana Jones, Dan Brown, kick ass heroines or history this is the book and series for you.

(view spoiler)
❂ Jennifer
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
The premise of the plot felt way too 'out-there' even for me, but once the story got going it was a lot of fun and the history was engaging. This one isn't a murder mystery, but much more of a cozy action-adventure a la Indiana Jones. Can't wait for the next one!

Full review: http://jenn.booklikes.com/post/115366...
Debbie
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Thanks Henery Press and Net Gallery for this free e-galley in exchange for an honest review.

This was an easy read and pretty fast paced. I loved the locale of France and I have pinned a picture of Mont St. Michelle on Pinterest so that certainly added to my enjoyment. Finding out who was the "real boss" also added to my enjoyment. At times I thought it was a little hokey, but it did keep me entertained.
Jenna
Quicksand is the third book in Gigi Pandian's Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mysteries series. It's the beginning of the school year for history professor Jaya, but a mysterious invitation to Paris quickly captures her attention and pulls her away from her San Francisco university. But as soon as Jaya arrives, it's quite clear that all is not what it seems.

What I like so much about this series is how they are really more of adventure stories than a mystery. Oh, sure, there's mystery involved, but the
Debra Schoenberger
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Gigi Pandian and found it to be so much fun! It is #3 in the Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery but can easily be read as a stand-alone. I plan to go back and read the first two novels in the series.

Jaya Jones receives a mysterious letter and airline ticket to Paris from a former love interest who she hasn't heard from in months. She is torn between her new teaching assignment and pursuing the mystery of the French occupation in India. What she doesn't expect is
Alisha
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-a-thrill
VERY evocative descriptions of some pretty impressive French sites, such as Mont St. Michel, the Louvre, Les Machines de L’Île. In fact, in Gigi Pandian's books I enjoy the sense of history and the amazing locations more than the plot itself, although the treasure always ends up being something amazing, which if it were real would have museums trampling each other to get ownership. It's always something based on or inspired by real, though perhaps obscure, history. So by the end you feel slightl ...more
JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysteries
When Jaya Jones, historian at a university in San Francisco, receives a first-class ticket and hotel reservation at an upscale property in Paris from her sometime-boyfriend Lane Peters, she hops on a plane to visit him. When she arrives at the hotel, she finds Lane didn't send the ticket, and didn't know she was coming. It was a ruse to get her there, because Lane has been recruited for an art heist from the Louvre, and Jaya is insurance that he'll do the job...

Once Jaya has resigned herself to
Andrea Guy
Quicksand is the first book by Gigi Pandian that I've read and I was really blown away by it. This isn't your typical cozy mystery. It's much more than that.

Jaya is a really smart heroine that you will really connect with. The book centers around an art heist, an old flame and Paris.

The chemistry between Jaya and Lane is electric. I wish there were a little more romance to the book, but that's not really a gripe, its more me feeling sorry for Jaya, who didn't get much alone time with the guy she
Megan
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's been a long time since I've read a book that was interesting enough to make me stay up to midnight in order to finish it. This book had just the right amount of suspense and danger to suit my tastes. I also enjoyed the brief author's notes at the end which sort out fact from fiction (it helps me know what to Google for more information).
Mariah Klein
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The intrepid Jaya Jones is lured to Paris by a false message seeming to be from her ex-lover Lane Peters. When she arrives, she finds both she and Lane are an integral part of a master criminal’s plot to rob the Louvre, setting them on a journey around France to uncover a long-buried secret treasure that some would be willing to kill for.

I fully expected to love this book because I really enjoyed the first two in the series. However, it surpassed even my high expectations. I actually think this
Jo Dervan
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jaya Jones was preparing to instruct her students at a San Francisco college when she received an invitation to go to Paris to help her old boyfriend, Lane Peters. So she flew to Paris to discover that Lane had not sent the invitation but it was sent by a master art thief, North. Lane had previously stolen art works for North but was currently an art historian. However North needed his help to steal a work from the Lourve and Jaya was used to insure that Lane cooperate.
The theft took place and t
Betty
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books
Jaya Jones is an art historian and teacher. She living in San Francisco when receives an all expense offer of trip to Paris from her ex. Arriving in Paris she finds he didn't send it. Again Jaya becomes in intriguing situation of blackmail, lost treasure, robbery, magic, and a missing priest. The characters are well developed and grab your interest. The twists and and turns will add keep the suspense up making it difficult to put the bown down. This the first time I have read this author but it ...more
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I've read these books out of order so I kinda knew some things that were going to happen in this book, but not enough to ruin anything!

I have read 3 of this series now and really enjoy the historical information provided and the amount of research that had to go into writing these books. The interaction and conversations from the characters shows depth and kept me intrigued and entertained.

If you like history and mystery, you'll enjoy these books
HENERY PRESS PUBLISHING
"Lively and humorous...Charming characters, a hint of romantic conflict, and just the right amount of danger." - Publishers Weekly
Waverly Fitzgerald
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series continues to delight. I would love to take an Intro to World History class from Jaya Jones, the heroine of this series, who is a historian specializing in colonialism in India, and teaches at Berkeley. But shortly after the start of the quarter, she turns her class over to her academic rival and heads to Paris in response to a mysterious message from Lane Peters, the former art thief who helped her in the first mystery in this series. But once Jaya arrives, she realizes she's being u ...more
Celia
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Quicksand begins with Jaya Jones back in San Francisco, teaching her first Spring semester class at her University. Despite the fact that she loves her job, she feels like something is missing, and finds herself experiencing a bit of discontent. All of that changes with a letter and a plane ticket from her love interest and reformed art thief, Lane Peters, inviting her to meet him in Paris. Is this invitation too good to be true?

Quicksand is fast-paced and full of intrigue. You will be on the ed
Charlyn
When Jaya receives tickets to join Lane in Paris after not hearing from him since his disappearance, she goes. She finds Lane in the hotel where they were to meet, but he is unaware of the forged invitation she received. Lane has been coerced into returning to his former role of thief and now Jaya is also being forced into becoming an accomplice. When they finish the heist, both are relieved to be free until Jaya puts clues together and sees a bigger theft being planned as a result of Lane's the ...more
Eileen
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another superb mystery/adventure/treasure hunt! As always, the characters are so wonderfully developed--not a stereotypical one among them. And the locations are always so interesting and beautifully described.

Once again, Jaya Jones gets herself into a bit of a mess by jumping at the chance to study history and be with her (sort of) boyfriend Lane Peters. However, Lane is in a bit of trouble, caught up with some people from his past, and they're both duped into some questionable activities. To s
Stacey
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would agree with other reviewers that this is my favorite Jaya Jones books so far. She was completely in her element out in the field with Lane by her side. I was also excited to learn in the notes that Les Machines de L'Ile is a real amusement park in Nantes, France. My niece is studying abroad this year and I can't wait to tell her to visit and take pictures for me. Pandian does such a GREAT job bringing the novel's locations to life. I can't wait for to read the next book!!
Elizabeth D.
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love traveling to new places with Jaya and reading about her adventures. This book was really special for me because it was set in a part of the world that I've visited so even though I haven't been to all the places detailed I had a feel for the locations. These are the kind of books that I know I can read again in the future.
Sharon
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book includes an art heist at the Louvre, a secret room, quicksand and more changes to the relationships. Delightful series. Jaya Jones, historian, tabla drum player and San Francisco resident is pulled into another mystery.
Selah Pike
Sep 28, 2017 rated it liked it
I haven't had a difficult time with the audiobooks in this series until this one. Either I got bored and zoned out a bit, or this book is choppy. I'm not sure which. The historical aspects are fantastic, and I generally like Jaya, but the love triangle is rearing its ugly head.
Jen Parenti
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 ⭐ Fun book and I loved the history at Mont St. Michel! ...more
Beth
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, mystery, adventure
Heather Rose
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love your books! The Jaya Jones series is amazing.
Erin Al-Mehairi
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was entranced by the covers in the Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt mystery series, as soon as I first heard about Quicksand and realized it was the third book in the series. So that said, I haven’t read the first book, Artifact, or the second book, Pirate Vishnu yet, though their covers and blurbs entice me! I did read Quicksand for review, though, so let’s start there by saying that I didn’t feel too lost in reading only it, though as in any series with the same lead protagonist, I’m sure it’s alway ...more
Maria
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received as complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour for a fair and honest review. I rated it 4 out of 5 stars.

As I started reading Quicksand by Gigi Pandian, I was somehow reminded of the beginning of the song Que Sera Sera, mostly because when I was a little girl I wanted to be a globe-trotting historian who solved mysteries and was the female version of Indiana Jones. While I became something else when I grew up, I still get to live out my fantasies through books and even th
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Hijack in Abstract (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #3)
  • Bridges Burned (Zoe Chambers Mysteries, #3)
  • Small Town Spin (A Nichelle Clarke Crime Thriller #3)
  • With Vics You Get Eggroll (Mad for Mod Mystery, #3)
  • Diner Impossible  (Rose Strickland Mystery, #3)
  • Cropped to Death (Faith Hunter Scrap This Mystery, #1)
  • The Bullet Catch (An Eli Marks Mystery #2)
  • Shadow Of Doubt (The Carol Childs Mysteries, #1)
  • Swan Dive (An Elliott Lisbon Mystery, #3)
  • Finding Sky (Nicki Valentine Mystery, #1)
  • MacDeath (An Ivy Meadows Mystery, #1)
  • Nun Too Soon (Giulia Driscoll #1)
Gigi Pandian is the USA Today bestselling author of the Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery Series (Artifact, Pirate Vishnu, Quicksand, and Michelangelo's Ghost), the Accidental Alchemist mysteries (The Accidental Alchemist, The Masquerading Magician, and The Elusive Elixir), and locked-room "impossible crime" short stories.

Gigi's debut novel was awarded a Malice Domestic Grant and named a "Best of 2
More about Gigi Pandian

Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery (5 books)
  • Artifact (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery, #1)
  • Pirate Vishnu (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery, #2)
  • Michelangelo's Ghost (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery, #4)
  • The Ninja's Illusion (Jaya Jones Treasure Hunt Mystery, #5)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Lord Peter Views the Body (Lord Peter Wimsey, #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Death in the Devil's Acre (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #7)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Pigeon English
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)