Start by marking “Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)” as Want to Read:
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)

Six of Crows

(The Six of Crows Duology #1)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  266,506 ratings  ·  36,118 reviews
Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can’t pull it off alone. . . .

A convict with a thirst for revenge

A sharpshooter who can’t walk away from a wager

A r
Published September 29th 2015 by Henry Holt and Company

To ask other readers questions about Six of Crows, please sign up.
Kate Evans I read the first book in the trilogy, but didn't notice that this book was written by the same author. I read this book, saw some familiar words like …moreI read the first book in the trilogy, but didn't notice that this book was written by the same author. I read this book, saw some familiar words like "Grisha" and "Heartrender", but couldn't place them. It wsn't until I went on goodreads after finishing it that I realized it was set in the same world. You definitely do not need to read the other books. Also I preferred this 10 times more than Shadow and Bones or whatever.(less)
Kelly I personally love the Six of Crows duology and they are my favorite books of all time, but even I have to admit the opening chapters of both books are…moreI personally love the Six of Crows duology and they are my favorite books of all time, but even I have to admit the opening chapters of both books are not easy. I like to compare the first chapter to the opening 3 minutes of a TV crime show in that you're introduced to characters who die by the end of the chapter and who you never hear from again. I always advise my friends to skim through the first chapter.
My issue with the second chapter in SoC is that it throws way too many names at you. Really the only three you need to remember are Inej, Kaz, and Jesper and the rest are minor characters. This chapter is fun to reread after you've already know who's who, but it can be pretty tricky the first go around.

I personally feel you shouldn't give up until you've at least read the third chapter because that is when the main plot kicks into gear. I know this post is a year old but just in case other people stumble across it I thought I would add my two cents(less)

·  266,506 ratings  ·  36,118 reviews

Start your review of Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: sorry to keep boosting this but,,, please read this it's my favorite series ever
HOW ARE YOU ALL NOT FREAKING OUT ABOUT THIS BEING A NETFLIX SHOW??

__________________________

Five solid stars. This book pulled me in from the beginning, to the point where I knew I'd found a favorite before I was halfway through. Here, Bardugo integrates a creative plot, interesting and morally grey characters, group dynamics and banter, a great writing style, and some really, really prime romance plots. Goddamn, can Leigh Bardugo write romance. There are very, very few books that I love so whol
Angela
Side effects of reading Six of Crows are, but not limited to: Shortness of breath. Heart palpitations. Nausea. Weak knees. Dehydration. Dizziness. Headache. Heartache. Constant sweating. High blood-pressure. Congestive heart failure.

“The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.”

Six of Crows is 185th book I've read this year. Yes, that means this is the book that put me at my goodreads reading goal this year. I am so happy that this is the book that made me hit my mark. It was the perfect
Emily May
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, arc, 2015
Trickery is not my native tongue, but I may learn to speak it yet.

I was scared to start Six of Crows. The hype surrounding it has been HUGE, the blurb sounded intriguing, I've been eagerly anticipating it, and I liked but didn't love Shadow and Bone. Honestly, though? I needn't have worried. This book is fantastic.

Shadow and Bone has been called fantasy-lite, but there is absolutely nothing about Six of Crows that warrants such a label. It's a sweeping epic tale with six main characters, fiv
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
The heat of the incinerator wrapped around Inej like a living thing, a desert dragon in his den, hiding from the ice, waiting for her. She knew her body’s limits, and she knew she had no more to give. She’d made a bad wager. It was as simple as that. The autumn leaf might cling to its branch, but it was already dead. The only question was when it would fall.

Let go, Inej. Her father had taught her to climb, to trust the rope, the swing, and finally, to trust in her own skill, to believe that i
Jessica Edwards
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow..there are no words!
I WANT TO GIVE THIS BOOK 10 STARS!
This took me awhile to write, but I've been meaning to write a long review for awhile.
So here it is!

Six of Crows follows six teenagers living in the city of Ketterdam, a city of slums and crime lords.
Kaz Brekker, an infamous thief (also known as Dirtyhands) is promised a very large sum of money to kidnap Bo Yul-Bayur, a scientist from the Ice Court.
The Ice Court is the most highly protected place in Fjerda, and Kaz won't be able to gatec
Caz (littlebookowl)
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, owned
WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO PICK THIS UP?

What a ride! This was exactly what I needed and so much more. I'm tempted to give this a 4.75 star rating, but I want to mull it over a little while longer. *EDIT* WHO AM I KIDDING? This deserved the full 5 stars. I was a little unsure about the pacing somewhere around the middle of the book, but to be fair it was due to some of the character development, and the characters were my fave part so who am I to resist a little extra time getting to know them
Nick
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
you know when you read a story and you get that feeling that you just cannot shake it off, you are so happy and you feel like you are gonna miss this so much in days, months or years to come. You savior the moment between the pages. You immediately want to go back to continue reading it yet you wish the pages were longer to avoid the finish. It is your safe and happy place whenever you think about it. This story is that for me.
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
originally read this last year, but decided to re-read it before six of crows! i'm so happy i made that decision. i had forgotten how rich this story is in detail. from the characters, to the world, to the plot, everything is built up so beautifully. the ending still gave me chills and i need crooked kingdom right. now.
Sasha Alsberg
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the type of book that will blow you away with its words. IT WAS PHENOMENAL!!!!
Christine Riccio
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS BOOK. FANTASTIC CAST OF CHARACTERS! HERE'S MY FULL BOOKTALK/REVIEW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufgXQ... ...more
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK. I'm trying not to add to the hype pool right now, but like THIS BOOK. IT BLEW ME AWAY. It was unexpectedly brilliant! I WANNA BE IN THE SIX OF CROWS SQUAD.
chai ♡
I don't know if I finished this book or if it finished me.
Zoë
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book, I like it! *smashes iPad* Another!
jessica
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
came for the kaz brekker hype; stayed for the jurda crazy grisha, a heist of the century, all the nina/matthias tension, the scheming face, the ‘my ghost would not associate with your ghost’ talk, and of course, the kaz brekker hype.

in other words, i am (still) absolute trash for this book and leigh bardugo has eternal claim to my soul.

5 stars
Victoria Aveyard
Jun 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mercy, Leigh, mercy. I hit myself in the head with this ARC too many times to count. Buckle up, folks, it's going be a razor-edged night.
Katerina
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
“This isn't a job for trained soldiers and spies. It's a job for thugs and thieves.”

Dark and gritty adventure. A bunch of anti-heroes. A dangerous scientist. A nation of witch hunters. Gang wars. Grisha. And Leigh Bardugo. That's the recipe for EPICNESS.

“A gambler, a convict, a wayward son, a lost Grisha, a Suli girl who had become a killer, a boy from the Barrel who had become something worse.”

The fate of the world is in the hands of six teenagers, six street rats with
Whitney Atkinson
finished this at 3:30 AM this morning crying at the line "i will have you without armor, Kaz Brekker, or I will not have you at all."

i'm addicted ????? yikes ???????
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
How to begin this review?
How to put into words how much I loved these characters and this book?
How am I supposed to write down all those many feels?

And most importantly,
How can I live with this ache in my chest?

I have no answer to all of those questions, but I know that I have to write this review!
So here I go!
Let’s hope my voice doesn’t falter and pray that my words don’t fail.

“The heart is an arrow. It demands aim to land true.”

When I first read about “Six of Crows” I thought that it
IS
EVERYTHING

C.G. Drews
Read 3 | 2019

is my tbr yelling furiously at me while it grows tall enough to block out the sun and yet I choose to reread Six of Crows for the third time? yes. yes that just happened. (I also wanted to do a massive Grishaverse reread before King of Scars. I'm so so glad I did because ugh I love these six damaged kids. I still have some thorough reservations about shipping Kaz/Inej (aka, I don't) but I'm obsessed with them all...with the complexities of their psyches and how they react emotionall
Steph Sinclair
Excellent novel is excellent. Review to come.

----

WHAT IS THIS?

photo photo_zpse043e802.jpg
karen
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We are all someone's monster

this is a very strong series-starter.

bardugo's tor shorts are among my very favorites of all tor shorts ever, but when i read Shadow and Bone, i was a bit confused. no, i was actually shocked. it didn't have the sparkle that characterized her shorts and i was very disappointed. i'm glad i continued with the series, however, because i thought it got better and better as it went along. which is kind of the opposite experience from most reviewers, but i'm just me.

and may
Wendy Darling
All I have to say is, this book is somehow even more awesome than the original series.

Don't be nervous about the multiple POVs--every character has history and agency, and you'll care deeply about every single one of them. Plus diversity! Kickass heroines! Gifted thieves! Amaaaaazing action sequences! All perfectly paced and perfectly thrilling.

My full review, plus Grisha prize pack giveaway are on the blog: http://www.themidnightgarden.net/2015...

Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
All the Stars

So, I’m legit four years late reading this - meaning pretty much everyone else already read this ages ago and there are tons of great reviews out there - so I'll keep this short.

I’ll just say that this was truly one of the bests books I’ve read in a long time. The plot was like a magical/steampunk/Gangs of New York meets Ocean’s Eleven and the characters were SO magnetic and well-written that I was gripped from page one. Bardugo’s writing, humor, pacing...everything, really, was ju
emma
this full review is now POSTED, and my lifelong quest to never stop freaking out about this book continues!! find both here: https://emmareadstoomuch.wordpress.co...

------------

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

^ That’s me screaming.

This has been: my full review of Six of Crows. Bye.

I guess I can elaborate on that, but really it’s going to boil down to the same thing. Which is me screaming.

I’m only, like, 17% joking. I have no idea how to review this book. I barely even knew how to read this book, due t
Ivan
May 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer:I got few angry messages about my rant on this book saying that is just MY OPINION. Well I thought that text being in box with my name above made that obvious but to avoid confusion I must state that text bellow aren't words God or truths from deep universe only subjective opinion of ruggedly handsome mortal who's name and picture you can see above. I hope this avoids further confusion. /Disclaimer

So much hype surrounding this book, many positive reviews from my friends yet in the end
Warda
Reread x2!

God bless my shitty memory, BECAUSE THAT ENDING!!!!! Mind is bamboozled! Kaz, you cunning motherfucker! I love every single one of these characters, BUT KAZ!! 😭😭😭😭😭
I’m obsessed!

It’s been a long time coming and I’m so happy to have reread it. My heart feels full and content and there’s no better mark and feeling a book can leave you with but that.
And I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: this book is poetry.

——————————————

“They're all survivors. They adapt.”

Well, damn, damn and mo
may ➹
after my third reread, I have concluded that Leith Bardugo does NOT deserve rights and I will be making a petition immediately to take them away

Six of Crows is one of my favorite books of all time, and no review I write will do this book justice or portray how much I love it or how perfect it is. So instead, I’m making a list of favorite moments and quotes and other things!!

I spent AT LEAST 5 hours writing this and another hour editing, and it’s the longest thing I’ve ever written but also t
Adam Silvera
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS EVER. So happy I waited until I was in the right headspace to read this mammoth of a masterpiece, and that I have the sequel at the ready! <3 ...more
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Oct 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: love-hate
What's your favourite book of All time? 6 44 May 30, 2020 08:53AM
six of crows ; week four 1 1 May 29, 2020 09:12AM
Everything For a ...: May 2020 BOTM ~ Six of Crows 36 58 May 22, 2020 08:04AM
Slowed reading 1 2 May 20, 2020 05:09PM
Six of Crows - Fan Casting 54 1167 May 17, 2020 02:47PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo - Restarting May 12th 2020 517 751 May 13, 2020 02:58PM

• The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
  • Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)
  • A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
  • Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
  • An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)
  • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)
  • The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4)
  • Carry On (Simon Snow, #1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
Leigh Bardugo is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of fantasy novels and the creator of the Grishaverse (coming soon to Netflix) which spans the Shadow and Bone Trilogy, the Six of Crows Duology, The Language of Thorns, and King of Scars— with more to come. Her short stories can be found in multiple anthologies, including the Best American Science Fiction & Fantasy. Her other works include Wo ...more

The Six of Crows Duology (2 books)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)

Articles featuring this book

A great audiobook can transport you to a different country (or planet), capture your imagination through a cast of voices, or keep you driving a...
“Many boys will bring you flowers. But someday you'll meet a boy who will learn your favorite flower, your favorite song, your favorite sweet. And even if he is too poor to give you any of them, it won't matter because he will have taken the time to know you as no one else does. Only that boy earns your heart.” 3381 likes
“Kaz leaned back. "What's the easiest way to steal a man's wallet?"
"Knife to the throat?" asked Inej.
"Gun to the back?" said Jesper.
"Poison in his cup?" suggested Nina.
"You're all horrible," said Matthias.”
3276 likes