Start by marking “Rooted (Pagano Family, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rooted (Pagano Family, #3)

Rooted

(Pagano Family #3)

When her mother died, Carmen stepped into her shoes and became the woman of the family, shouldering much of the responsibility for raising her two youngest siblings and keeping the family running. Even though Joey and Rosa are now grown, she’s found it difficult to let that role go.

When Rosa graduates from college, Carmen takes her to Europe for the summer. She means the t
Published November 8th 2014 by Susan Fanetti

Baba
2 disappointing stars. DNF @83%. Review posted November 14, 2014

photo tumblr_lt7s6koi7Y1qmls9ko1_500_zps6pacjbwq.gif
 photo oie_q5Htbo7avcxK_zpssbpjj5pe.gif

My final update @83 % says all. Well…almost. I'll be a bit more specific in my review.
 photo oie_NfnG8vc8LTtR_zpsctf4mjom.gif
The crude, vulgar and judgmental bitch of a heroine did me in. To be fair, I didn't like the hero either. Both of them and certain plot twists killed this story for me.

(view spoiler)

I can only hope that book #4 in the series will make up for Rooted. Fact is, I didn't like Footsteps but enjoyed Touch very much. This third install
Amy | Foxy Blogs
May 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Kim Bailey
FANETTI FOR THE WIN

I was holding out on reading this book because it's the only Susan Fanetti book I hadn’t read yet. When it was released I was in the middle of another series and by the time my schedule cleared up the next book happened to be out so I just skipped this one and went straight into ‘Deep.’ In the back of my mind it was comforting knowing I had one more Fanetti book I still needed to read. Now, that I’ve finished this book I have to wait until she releases her next book in June to
Kim Bailey
Book Hangover
You've heard the term. Maybe you've had the experience. A book that was just so amazing, you have trouble moving on. A book that that left you speechless? Breathless? Introspective?

What causes a book hangover?
The phenomenal writing style? The perfect setting brought to life? Feeling connected to the characters? A resonating narrative?

Rooted
Has given me a huge hangover ... for all of the reasons I noted. It is just, too beautiful for words!

Not surprising, since practically every S
Wendy'sThoughts
Nov 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Susan Fanetti Fans, Romance
4 Learning to Let Go and Live Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
This was the third part of the Pangano Series by Susan Fanetti.
We learned there are numerous branches; some which are "mob related" and others which have remained primarily separate. Through the first two books, we met the core characters and developed an understanding of all of them.

Some of the characters we met were immediately likeable... others not so much. Each had serious back stories which gave us insight to understand their reaso
S.M. West
5 BEAUTIFUL GIRL STARS

I cannot get enough of Susan Fanetti and the Paganos! What I love most about these flawlessly written stories is that Ms. Fanetti does not shy away from the raw truth. She boldly and poignantly shows us time and time again that relationships and more specifically, love, is not always easy, clean or pretty. And that humans are flawed and at times stupid, spiteful, silly or scared.

photo Rooted_zpsb148642c.jpg

Carmen Pagano and Theo Wilde's relationship/story is not easy but it's strongly rooted in lov
TeriLyn

5 Roots, My Beautiful Girl Stars

Susan Fanetti books should be classified by their rating system. Each and every one of her stories proves to be a five star read. You can’t deny the unbelievably flawless writing of this gifted author. The plots that keep you guessing leaving you breathless are unlike any other. The characters in which you find something to relate to every time, intrigued and compelled by the motivations. They are books you won’t be able to put down from start to finish. Susan Fan
Malene
**4.5 Stars**

I’m crazy about the Pagano family. With every book my love for them grows. I’ve been waiting for Carmen’s book. The second oldest sibling who put her own dreams on hold to raise her younger siblings.
Rooted is Carmen in a nutshell. She’s so rooted to her family that she sacrifices her own needs and dreams because she can’t let go. She’s done it for so many years that she lost herself in the progress.
When Carmen meets Theo her dreams comes back into focus yet she’s so afraid to want
FMABookReviews
★★★★☆
Rooted was a different kind of story than what I've read so far in the Pagano family series. The mystery, suspense and general fast-moving pace is absent. Instead, this is the story about Carmen Pagano, the responsible, no-nonsense "maternal figure" of the Pagano clan.

Hoping to add some culture and influence an attitude change in her little sister Rosa, upon Rosa's college graduation, Carmen takes her to France for the summer. While there, Carmen hopes that Rosa will grow up and become a le
Elfina Renee
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
 photo high five.gif
There were so many parts of Rooted I enjoyed. The scenes unfolding in Paris, the city of lights to the heart breaking clincher of having to go home. Susan Fanetti shocked and wowed us with her brilliance in this master piece. Couldn't help but fall in love with Theo and Carmen, even tho at times I thought she was a heartless bitch and didn't deserve him.
 photo Paris 01.jpg
“Yes, actually. I was hoping you could help me. I made a promise that I wouldn’t go home until I’d spoken with a beautiful girl. It’s been d
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
This has to be one of my most favorite books Fanetti has written so far. Maybe because it's the holidays and I need/crave the love within this book. For whatever reason it just sang to me. The ending was perfection!
Hms
Carmen Pagano, second oldest of the Pagano clan is taking her spoiled brat of a baby sister to Europe for the summer. With their home base being a friend's Parisian apartment, Carmen's plan is to show her spoiled, vapid baby sister that the world is bigger than she and hopefully provide Rosa with a new prospective so she can grow the f**k up. Of course after yet another solo dinner out, Carmen's chance meeting with a charming man begins a romance for not only Carmen, but her baby sister too. The ...more
❤️ Diana ❤️
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: buddy-read
4.5 Stars....

Susan just writes so beautifully. No shock value just beautiful stories told with beautiful words and this is no exception. Though I have to admit that this Pagano family member was hard for me to love. In fact I never ended up loving Carmen at all. She's a bit too rough and a raging bitch at times. Having said that Susan drew me into this story with beautiful words.

Theo is a widower with two grown boys who so desperately wants their dad to meet someone, join the land of the living
Lin #Historical lover...❤️
Wow.... Awesome book!!!! Awesome writer!!!

Susan fanetti has awesome talent. Carmen is a bitch.... A well written chatacter who stays true to her personality. I think I may have expected her to thaw under Theo's influence and the unconditional love of her family but she guards the chip on her shoulder.

Theo was awesome!!!! A definite bbf (book boyfriend) he was not without his flaws but was a most endearing character. I fell in love with him.

The drama in this story was just enough. It did not dist
Cindy
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
I struggled something fierce in the beginning and it all had to do with Carmen her personality drove me up a wall and then some. She is really snarky, and down right mean. I get that she has her issues or reasons, but I had to take a break. Now with that said I really did love the story, and I came to like Carmen as wel,l it just took some time and in the end it was worth it all. I loved the story, and the other side characters were amazing too. Glad I went back and finished now I can'
Jan
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like that this book was about an older couple (as well as a side story about a younger couple). I enjoy stories about mature protagonists who've seen a bit of life. Theo and Carmen go through a lot before they get their HEA. The early section in Paris is great (with a funny meet-cute). Then s*** gets real and Carmen especially struggles to face up to reality after the wonderful holiday is over.

Susan Fanetti writes realistic and interesting characters who grow and change through her books. This
April
Oct 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
4 star read for me and that was ONLY because of Carmen (she drove me NUTS)!!
This story had it ALL and when I started this series with the first book, I knew I was going to be in for one hell of a ride.
Ms. Fanetti is just utterly brilliant! That`s it!!
I don`t know what more to say; she has taken a spot in my top 5 favorite authors!!
Now I just have to get my ass in gear and read her MC series ;p
Zubee
Carmen's story was the only one I didn't read so far in this series; so I decided I needed to wrap it up as I have read all others; to be honest I didn't have high hopes as I didn't like Carmen in any of the other books; it was good that I had low expectations as Carmen was just as poor a character as I always thought ...
Theo, the H was interesting and more generous and open hearted than Carmen
Carmen was a raging bitch; which I knew. I don't mind bitchy h's; I like them actually but th
London
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: angsty-torture
description
Title: Rooted (Pagano Family #3)
Series: Standalone series
Author: Susan Fanetti
Rating: 3 stars for the story an additional star for the writing itself
POV: Dual
HEA: (view spoiler)
Heat/Steam 3/5
Triggers?
Cliffhanger: . No.
Intolerable Heroine .At times.
Über Douchebagery .No.
Taboo Subject Matter .No.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love Triangle (view spoiler)
description

The story had me nodding off a bit but it was Fanetti's writing that
L.E. Chamberlin
Incredible read. Proper review to follow.
Rebecka
4.5

I adore the way Susan writes her stories. She reaches into your mind and heart and makes you feel all the emotions each of her characters feel. Each sucks you in and leaves you wanting more. While this was not my favorite of Susan's books, it certainly was still loved!

There is no doubt that Carmen is a strong woman. She has barricades around her heart that bring out the cold-hearted bitch. Can you blame her? After her mothers death she gave up her dreams to keep a family consisting mainly of
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
Carmen Pagano is one angry woman resulting from having to grow up too fast and take over the caring role for her younger siblings when her mother passed away. Noted author Theo Wilde is disappearing into the bottom of a bourbon bottle in trying to unsuccessfully deal with the loss of his beloved wife. When these two damaged people meet in Paris for an explosive summer fling they have a chance to renew their lives but will the grief of the past let them move forward into a happy future?

Susan Fane
Monilalu
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Didnt like this book as much as the previous ones. I think the whole push and pull between Theo and Carmen was a turnoff for me. Carmen wasnt ready to be in a relationship with someone other than herself and her family.
I like strong women in books, but Carmen was getting annoying with her drama and giving up her life for her family.

Cant wait for Nick's story!
Silvia
Loved this book!

Carmen is such a strong women, almost too strong if there is such a thing. When she met Theo while in Europe for the summer, she was not looking to fall in love. This vacation she planned with her sister, Rosa was supposed to be a sort of bonding experience but little did she know what fate had in store for her! Another hit from this wonderful author!
Paula
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-stars-2015
I love Susan Fanetti. Her books are gold to me. This one is my new favorite of this series.
Page
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: susan-fanetti
I did not like Carmen or Theo. Carmen was a straight up bitch, and Theo was a drunken tool. The main problem with not liking these two characters is...they are the main characters. It was so difficult to finish this book.
I'm going to read the next book in the series but that's because I already own it, have nothing else to read right now, and have series completion issues. Do not mistake me reading Nick's book for any reason other than those. Barely two stars. So disappointed in this series.
Rhode
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-general
Partway through this book I had to put it aside to go to work, and as I walked through the office parking lot I thought, boy I am lucky to be reading this great book! But by the time I finished it, a day later, I was largely frustrated by the characters. So what happened?

The first part of the story is a vacation in Paris, with lots of great literature woven in. (It's a pleasure to see this clearly deeply passionate and erudite side of this author.) then later it moves to New England. The lovers
Tanya
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Rating 3.5 to 4 stars

Carmen's story: Carmen is the oldest girl, the one called home to care for the two youngest at age 24 when their mother died. She gave up her dreams for the needs of her family (along with Carlo Jr, this all mentioned in book 1). She was described as a bit bitter in prior books. In this one, Rosa just graduated college, and Carmen decides to take her to Europe for 3 months afterwards as a trip to expand her horizons. While there, they meet Theo, a writer, and his two grown s
*Jessica
DNF

I ended up not being able to finish it. I wasn't connecting to the characters at all. Carmen was too stiff of a character to start liking, and Theo wasn't the confident alpha type that I find appealing. He was about 50, and he seemed like it. He was too cheesy, and although the heroine ended up finding it charming, I didn't. And he's a poet. Not at all bad thing, but put it together with the fact that he's about 50, doesn't know his way around dating, and has 2 full grown boys, one of them be
suzy
Dec 06, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm reading this series so I can come to my own conclusion as to whether they are as good as her MC books, and I don't think they are. The author still gives a very good story in each of the Pagano books, and what she does best, is having family at the background of her books. I think book two Manny and Lucas book, so far are the best. I didn't really see what there was to like about Carmen, sorry she was a bitch. Overall though I did enjoy this book, just wished Carmen would have thawed a bit t ...more
Christina
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I might be a bit bias because I want to be Carmen when I grow up. She stands up for herself and her family. She was willing to sacrifice her whole life and probably gave up most of her chances to marry and have a family. Carmen took her baby sister, Rosa, to Europe after graduation to try to broaden Rosa's views and expose her to a different world. One little bump in the road and everything changes. Their is wonderful. So kind and patient and caring. There were a couple of times when ...more
C.D.'s Canaries: Rooted (Pagano Family 3) BR 1/13/15 254 42 Jan 19, 2015 04:39AM

• Made to Love
  • The Heart (The Reluctant Romantics, #2)
  • Summer Girl, Winter Boy
  • Savagery
  • The New Devil in Charge  (The Devil's Eyes, #6)
  • Phoenix (Bellator Saga, #4)
  • Whatever Remains
  • The Dirty Angels Trilogy: The Complete Box Set (Dirty Angels, #1-3)
  • Hindrance (The Excess, #3)
  • Rebel Roused (Untamed #5)
  • Breath on the Wind (Kairos #3)
  • A Love So Tragic
  • Dirty Deal (Perfectly Matched, #2)
  • Justice Ascending (The Scorpius Syndrome, #3)
I was born and raised in the Midwest, but I was transplanted into the dusty soil of Northern California and have apparently taken root there. An inveterate geek and gamer, I am a fan of many things considered pop culture and maybe even lowbrow.

As a reader, my favorite genres are science fiction and fantasy, but as a writer, I've found my home in romance--or perhaps it's better to say simply "love

Pagano Family (7 books)
  • Footsteps (Pagano Family, #1)
  • Touch (Pagano Family, #2)
  • Deep (Pagano Family, #4)
  • Prayer (Pagano Family, #5)
  • Miracle (Pagano Family, #6)
  • The Pagano Family: The Complete Series (Pagano Family, #1-6)