Start by marking “Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)

Read Book

Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge #1)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  6,406 Ratings  ·  838 Reviews
RESCUE ME

Cedar Ridge, Colorado, is famous for crisp mountain air, clear blue skies, and pine-scented breezes. And it's the last place Lily Danville wants to be. But she needs a job, and there's an opening at the hottest resort in her hometown. What has her concerned is the other hot property in Cedar Ridge: Aidan Kincaid-firefighter, rescue worker, and heartbreaker. She ne
Mass Market Paperback, 337 pages
Published June 30th 2015 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance Summer, please sign up.
Samie Kauchis I've just finished reading this book via an Advanced copy I won... It's nothing at all like the Wilder brothers books. I loved it, and found it…moreI've just finished reading this book via an Advanced copy I won... It's nothing at all like the Wilder brothers books. I loved it, and found it incredibly funny and fresh. :)(less)

Lisa
Dec 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, for-review

5 "Rescue Me" Stars!

description

Second Chance Summer is book one in Jill Shalvis’ new series entitled Cedar Ridge. I am a big fan of this author and reading her books always feels like coming home; therefore, discovering that Ms. Shalvis was going to pen yet another series is like Christmas to me! I have always loved visiting the quirky towns this author creates and the lovable and eccentric habitants that seem to be the norm. The book and the start to this new series seems to be no different as we now find
Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦
4 Stars!!

description

My first thought after I finished this one was – ‘Why I waited so long to read this book?’ To say I’m familiar with this author work and writing style is an understatement since this was my 12th book by her. She always writes such enjoyable reads with great developed characters and her writing is always engaging and fun. Her books always put a smile on my face and "Second Chance Summer" was no exception.

“He remembered kissing her … falling for her.
Then how she’d left the mountain wi
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Second Chance Summer is book one in the Cedar Ridge series by Jill Shalvis. So this is my third book by Jill Shalvis and I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I am going to love anything she writes. Such is the case with this fabulous first book of this brand new series. It didn’t take long for me to not only fall in love with the two main characters but also, all of the secondary characters, well, maybe except one.

Welcome to Cedar Ridge, Colorado and meet the Kincaid family. You will
Stacey is Sassy
For safety reasons, checking firewood for snakes, spiders and bunnies is essential...

You know how some authors mention they are putting out a new series and you start jumping up and down, nearly breaking your computer to get to the pre-order screen? Jill Shalvis is one of those authors for me. I know I will form a connection with her characters that will put a smile on my face and a glow in my cheeks. Well, this little ducky got an email from Ms Shalvis’s virtual assistant asking me (little ole
Geri Reads
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it

This book is exactly what I needed to get me out of my book funk!!

I've been cruising the 3-star and 2-star waves lately but this book with its humor, interesting family dynamics and small town setting was just what I needed.

Lilly Danville has been running away from Cedar Ridge starting from the day she lost her sister to a climbing accident and her father in a span of the week. But now she's back after losing her job, her boyfriend and her dignity. Aidan Kincaid had a few regrets in his life.
Claire Robinson
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Life's too short for fake butter, dip, or people." Stars!

Unbelievable as this statement may be, it is no less true; this is the first book that I have read by Jill Shalvis.

Have I been hiding under a rock, living with aliens or kidnapped and kept in someone’s basement for the last twenty years, you ask yourselves… The truth is, this author was one on a long, long list that I have that is titled; 'must read something by them soon’. I did, and I was absolutely hooked from the first chapter.

Ce
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Poignant and exciting, romantic and sexy! I love Jill Shalvis's stories, and Second Chance Summer is Jill Shalvis at her best!
S.M. West
4.5 "Think of Me" STARS

This was my second book by Jill Shalvis and I must say, I really like this author. Like with Simply Irresistible, I'm left basking in the warm and fuzzy feelings of this sweet and heartwarming story. Ms. Shalvis has a way of bringing you into the fold of not only the characters' hearts and minds but also into the town in which the story takes place.

This tale is about a second chance romance between Lily Danville and Aidan Kincaid. Lily is returning to Cedar Ridge after 10
Jonetta
Lily Danville left Cedar Ridge 15 years ago after a terrible tragedy. Now she's back home after an incident that blacklisted her, preventing her from getting work elsewhere. Aidan Kincaid, a firefighter and Search & Rescue volunteer, never forgot his first love and now that she's back...well, who knows.

I wanted to love this book! Aidan is beyond wonderful, with all of his perfections and flaws, and his innate nature to rescue people. The Kincaid family is extraordinary, messy, funny and fier
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

I really enjoyed every minute of this story. I am pretty sure that this is the first book by Jill Shalvis that I have read which is pretty amazing when you consider how many books she has written and the fact that I am constantly reading. I honestly don't know how I have missed her work. I guess I have a little catching up to do as soon as I get the chance.

This is one of those rare cases when I can tell you exactly the one thing that made me
Didi
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Jill Shalvis, but it won't be my last. It was sexy, sweet, funny and flowed really well. I loved this authors writing style as well, very focused and not riddled with filler. Aidan was delicious. He was that perfect combo of manly sexy mixed with vulnerability.
I liked Lily for the most part, although her stubbornness over not getting involved with Aidan wore on my nerves. There was funny banter, interesting secondary plot lines and some well done steam--definitely chec
Yodamom
Dec 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Sweet romantic, adventurous hero, recovery, and second chance love.

Lilly, is coming back home with her tail between her legs. She was fired from a high end salon in San Diego after a big leak from her about a certain star. Blacklisted and humbled to the bone, she is home to face the demons that made her run a decade ago.
Aidan, it the hottie rescue guy about the mountain, and one of three brothers who happen to own the resort she ends up working at. Aidan, never forgot Lilly, didn't understand wh
Mafi
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pt, library, 2017
Achei este livro muito banal e simples. As personagens sem grande personalidade. Gostei da estória paralela sobre o paradeiro do pai destes irmãos...mas em termos de romance, achei este livro fraco.
Vou pelo menos ler p segundo porque dizem que é bem melhor, vamos ver.
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Finally a new Jill Shalvis series!!! ☺☺☺

description

And to make it even better - the new book features sexy as hell FIREFIGHTERS!!!!!!!

#HotHotHot
...someone please shake a japanese fan in front of my face!!!

description

Our sexy fireman in this first book is Aiden Kincaid....
No idea what he looks like - but this is him in my head ☺ ↓↓↓

description

Aiden works for the fire department, plus he's a search and rescue hero in his free time.
And the town of Cedar Ridge has a huge need for both his professions.
His personal life is equally bu
Dali
Fun and sweet wrapped up in a sexy package. A heartwarming start to a series that made me laugh, blush and left me wanting more.

Lily and Aidan were young, but they were sure they had found a unique connection with one another under the Rocky Mountains’ blue skies and pine-scented hiking trails. Until Lily’s sister claimed Aidan as hers and then tragedy struck, twice.
“Lily’s charms had been more internal, an inner warmth behind her adventurous spirit that Aidan had been inexplicably drawn to…
Jacob Proffitt
I spent most of this book waiting for the main characters to get over themselves, already, and talk. Seriously, the first half of this book would have been short-circuited by a single discussion and every encounter where they didn't have that discussion was excruciating.

Which is too bad. Both Lily and Aiden are my favorite types of characters, normally. Strong, kind, protective man. Brave, caring, and adventurous woman. Seriously, I should have been half in love by chapter two. And I kind of sta
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Jill Shalvis is one of my favorite authors so when I heard she was starting up a new series, I was excited. Cedar Ridge kind of reminds me a little of her other series, Wilder. It’s the outdoorsy type but if you mix that a little with Lucky Harbor, you’ve got the perfect combination of small-town coziness and hot adventure.

Lily Danville to Cedar Ridge, Colorado where she encounters Aiden Kincaid, a smoking hot firefighter who seriously heats things up in this book. Shalvis takes a very light a
Mandy
I really enjoyed this book! I loved that there was humor, family, romance and a beautiful setting. This was so good! I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
Michelle [Helen Geek]
07/03/2015 --

This was just an okay read for me. It seemed a bit inconsistent. I may have missed something, but this is the start of a new series, but it seemed like this one started in the middle.

Lily is supposed to be the brave, skilled mountain girl. But, we really don't see this. We hear about it. Aiden and his brother reference it and her skill, but we don't see it in action. This smacks of poor story development and it isn't my experience with Ms. Shalvis. Not sure what is going on, but I'v
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3-3.5 stars

Hooray for a new Jill Shalvis series! I swear, her small town romances never fail to charm. Whether they’re set right next to a beautiful coast, on the wide open spaces of a ranch, or deep within the mountains, they always feel like coming home. The characters – new and old – worm their way into my heart each and every time. Now, I’ve always been a city girl myself, but I’ll gladly reconsider if it means I’ll find the man of my dreams and a more fulfilling career. If there’s ever a ti
Titinha Scaeiro
Maravilhosas surpresa... :D lido em 12h :P
Priyanka
Jul 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Second Chance Summer is the first book of Jill Shalvis's new series, Cedar Ridge. As I keep saying it that I love Jill Shalvis, there was no surprise when I picked this book as soon as it was released. And it was indeed a great read!

Jill Shalvis has a knack of creating these perfect, adorable towns. Like Lucky Harbor, I fell in love with this town Cedar Ridge based in Colorado.

Lily Danville has returned to Cedar Ridge after a decade. When some tragic occur accidents in her life Lily can't cope u
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in Jill Shalvis' Cedar Ridge series. Lily Danville left Cedar Ridge, Colorado, ten years ago when tragedy struck her family. She lost both her sister and then her father within a week. When she left she left Aidan Kincaid behind too. Aidan is now a firefighter and assists in search and rescue, along with helping out at the family resort. The resort that Lily will be working at temporarily until she finds another position far away. Aidan Kincaid is stunned to learn that Lily is bac ...more
Dina
3 1/2 stars

I loved the Kincaid family dynamics, but the romance between Aidan and Lily left me a bit disappointed. It wasn't bad per se, it was just... meh. I know Ms. Shalvis can do better, that's probably why I was underwhelmed.
Carina Carvalho
Oct 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Um romance leve e de fácil leitura. A personagem de Char é maravilhosa. Adorei a dinâmica familiar, deve ser óptimo pertencer a uma família assim. Unida, protectora. Curiosa de ler os próximos livros
Dorine
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of heartwarming romance novels that make them laugh
The first book of Jill Shalvis' CEDAR RIDGE series will entertain readers with male camaraderie full of pranks and wisecracking, as well as a love story jam-packed with emotion from heartrending to heartwarming.

Aidan Kincaid is a Colorado Wildland Firefighter as well as a local Search-and-Rescue volunteer, who still loves the girl that left him wondering what happened to their relationship. The fact that he still loves her but doesn't want to see her again is as lost as he feels when Lily comes
Danielle
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read more reviews at What Danielle Did Next

There’s something about a Jill Shalvis book that puts a smile on my face no matter how down I’m feeling. With her witty storytelling, quirky heroines and gorgeous heroes, she never fails to please.

SECOND CHANCE SUMMER is the first in her new series entitled Cedar Ridge. Set in Colorado, you can almost smell the crisp clean air of the mountains as she whisks you away to the small town setting amidst the fresh snowy powder and majestic peaks. Li
Rachel
Overall rating: 4 stars!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)
Intimate pasts: (view spoiler)
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

(part of a joint review at The Book Nympho )

I LOVE second chance romances and if Jill Shalvis is writing it sign me up! Second Chance Summer was a solid start to the Cedar Ridge series.

I enjoyed the romance between Lily and Aidan (looks up, a bit more than Jonetta). They have past with each other in the small town of Cedar Ridge and after tens years all the feels are still there. Lily break Aidan’s heart when she left town and now that she’s back she is afraid that Aidan will break her
Emily
Lily Danville had left Cedar Ridge, Colorado after she lost her sister and father planning never to return. After her job, boyfriend, and life implodes she is back working for her best friend in his salon until she gets back on her feet. Seeing Aidan Kincaid again though was not on the plan, she knows she could have lost her heart to him but something kept her from ever exploring it.

Aidan can't believe Lily is back and he definitely wants to spend time with her, Lily though is pushing him away a
best ever 1 12 Jul 11, 2015 04:52PM
  • Taken with You (Kowalski Family, #8)
  • Rescuing the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #2)
  • Cuff Me (New York's Finest, #3)
  • One Sexy Ride (Thompson & Sons #3; Rocky Mountain House #10)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • Surrender to Sultry (Sultry Springs, #3)
  • This Heart of Mine (Whiskey Creek, #8)
  • Flirting with Disaster (Jackson: Girl's Night Out, #2)
  • Kiss Me (Fool's Gold, #17)
  • Ain't She Sweet (Green Mountain, #6)
  • Brokedown Cowboy (Copper Ridge, #2)
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Barefoot with a Bad Boy (Barefoot Bay Undercover, #3; Barefoot Bay Universe, #14)
  • First Time in Forever
  • Second Chance at the Sugar Shack (Sugar Shack, #1)
  • Barely Breathing (Colorado High Country, #1)
  • The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi
More about Jill Shalvis

Cedar Ridge (4 books)
  • My Kind of Wonderful (Cedar Ridge, #2)
  • Nobody But You (Cedar Ridge, #3)
  • Cedar Ridge Collection: Second Chance Summer / My Kind of Wonderful / Nobody But You

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Gotta be a full moon bringing out the crazy,” Mitch said. “Maybe the crazy just follows you,” Aidan suggested. In turn, Mitch suggested Aidan was number one. With his middle finger.” 8 likes
“Mitch, who was six foot four and, at two hundred and twenty pounds, quite an imposing figure, strode out wearing nothing but his fire boots. Well, and a few soapsuds. He ambled over to the big bay windows, grabbed a squeegee, and went to work scrubbing the glass, his twig and berries swinging in the wind. The entire crew doubled over, dying of laughter. Everyone, that is, except for the captain, who was looking apoplectic. “What the hell are you doing?” he bellowed. “Cleaning like you ordered. Sir,” Mitch added politely, scrubbing with a whole new level of vigor.” 5 likes