Start by marking “Beautiful Chaos” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos

This book employs the comparative method to understand societal collapses to which environmental problems contribute to the common youth and society as a whole. We all are broken and broken is its own kind of beautiful.
Published 2014

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Chaos, please sign up.
Bina Artiste I was able to borrow it from the library...
The Hell Within Me by C.B. RobertsCleaning Out The 'Fridge by Sandra CutchallThe Dust of Us by Michelle BoskeStupid Poems by Linda De QuinceyA Conceptual Circus by Kenneth Jarrett Singleton
New Poetry books
390 books — 422 voters
Duino Elegies by Rainer Maria RilkeThe Flowers of Evil by Charles BaudelaireAutumn Sonata by Georg TraklThe Cantos by Ezra PoundThe Selected Poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke by Rainer Maria Rilke
Poetry to read
244 books — 202 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Beautiful Chaos
Maha A
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I'm a huge fan of RM. Drake, I've been following him on Instagram for a long time and thought that it was about time that I owned some of his work in print.

There were some really beautiful poems in there. One of my favorites was this:

One day you'll make peace with your demons,
and the chaos in your heart will settle flat.
and maybe for the first time in your life,
life will smile right back at you and welcome you home.

I have to admit though the book was way too pricey for such a small content w
Summer
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
She had a little rebel in her, a little chaos and a little gentleness. She did not say much and sometimes she would doze off. She would drift away, dream with the stars and that was ok. She had a little fight in her and every time she built enough courage her voice would echo through the sky. She was not complete but she was enough. There was a science to her genius, her madness, her beauty and there was nothing she could not accomplish. She was unstoppable and everything she ever wanted she too ...more
Beatrice Masaluñga
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
I haven't read any poetry books by this author. This collection is good. I've tabbed a few that really gave me feels but some of the poems are underwhelming and ordinary. I'm looking forward to read more of this poet. I guess this isn't his best collection.

The poem that stood out for me:

"One day you will make peace with your
demons and the chaos in your heart will
settle flat. And maybe for the first time,
in your life, life will smile right back at
you and welcome you home."
Michelle
Jul 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
The words and the passion behind them... so igniting, inspiring, insightful.

"If we move too fast, we will break things.
If we move too slow, we will miss things.
And if we do not move at all, we will not see things for how beautiful they truly are."
Jonathan Salley
Jan 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
This is perhaps one of the worst books of poetry I have ever read. The poems are strung carelessly together with extravagant words that lack meaning entirely. The author focused all of his attention on creating beautiful sentences but failed to include any real meaning of significance. The words, however lovely, are empty, and carry none of the weight they are intended to. Each poem was loaded with agonizing cliches and seem as if they were written by a junior high student feigning more maturity ...more
Lesley
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Colour me surprised.

I've stumbled on Drake's work from time to time. Posted on a friend's Instagram. Shared on a tumblr post. And every time I've read the little blurb with his name scrawled under it, I've felt a connection. So, naturally, when I saw it at the local bookstore, bright and beautiful and not overly expensive, I had to have it. I brought it home, curled up, got ready to earmark the shit out of this book with favourites, and....

Nope. Not a single page was bent.

Not. One.

What happened?
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-reads, poetry
“And loving you was a pattern of self-discovery because some way, somehow I always ended up learning something new about myself.”

“Dear God, I am not like you. I am weak, my bones brittle, my heart filled with darkness and at times my demons crawl out from the walls you helped me build. I am just an extension of your brilliance but what would it be like to be a wave in the ocean of you. I am lost in your shine and I drown in your touch. So maybe I have ignored you lately but this is me reminding
Tabatha (tab.talks.books)
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of my fav from drake. I love the “little note” poems they are my favorite and so true to everyday life. His other poems are awesome too. He’s my top writer!
Julia Sapphire
Nov 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, verse, 2016
3.25

This was okay. The writing was solid. There were lots of beautiful poems but not as many spoke to me as I would have liked them to. Not the best collection and not the worst.
Pam's Shenanigans
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the kind of book I badly and desperately need in times of darkness; when things are confusing and nothing is going right. If there's something this book taught me it is that we shouldn't be afraid to do what we want, no matter the consequences, no matter the pain that comes after. That, I am still learning to do. Will definitely read more of Drake's works. I'm in love. ...more
Alexandra Elend Wolf
"One day you will make peace with your demons and the chaos in your heart will settle flat. And maybe for the first time in your life, life will smile right back at you and welcome you home."

This is closer to the kind of poetry I want.

I started the year in search of the perfect poetry author for me. I read a couple works already, and sadly, I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for, but this is a step closer for sure.

I love very lyrical and melodic poetry -I suppose you could call it c
Tann Medi
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lo ame con toda mi alma ! Me llego a lo más profundo de mi seer ❤️ les dejo algunas de mis citas favoritas:
1. Because sometimes
The most beautiful things
Begin in chaos.
Crash and burn.
2. Live in the moment, all else means nothing.
3.You are marvelous.
You are brilliant.
You are more than what I expect you to be.
Be something out of this world.
4.Fight for the people you love.
So goodbyes will not end in the burning sunset.
5.I am more fire than water.
I am more light than dark.
More soul.
More pain.
More b
Piper (An Ocean of Words)
pretentious fodder that is probably not worth your time.
Jessie (Zombie_likes_cake)
Not my cuppa. There where a few expressions here and there I enjoyed but overall I found the language not lyrical enough for my liking and the meanings too wide open in plain side. It had a very uplifting "your luck aka love waits just around the corner, just hold on"-tone to many of the poems which is really not for me.
I did fancy the combination of poem and picture/ photograph art though, nothing special but neat.

"Fools Rush", "It's Late", "She Part 2" and "Demons" were the four pieces I genui
Rahma Djebbari
It was quite short so I finished it in one setting. Seemingly, his writing style is fine or rather solid. But that is not enough according to me.. Yes he tackled some problematic things happening in the society specifically to youth. Like heart break BUT in a monotonous way.
There were some good,worth reading poems but it was SOULESS to me.
It is disappointing.
Allissa Thompson
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
Fell in love with his poetry on Instagram. I love having a collection of it in print!
Courtney Gower
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
I don't really get the hype of rm drake. I found this very wordy and cliche. I always feel like he is trying too hard to be profound. ...more
Erin Emily
Jan 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
Vapid, cliche, unoriginal, self-indulgent. Who keeps publishing these ‘books’?
Kia Avelino
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"You are only as free as you think you are and freedom will always be as real as you believe it to be."

Absolutely in love of this book! Every set has been written with so much passion and positivity. If you're looking for a book to calm your spirit down and even cheer yourself up, this one is for you. Even though some selections are God-centered (hello, catholics) the main point about seeing the beauty in every ups and downs are still emphasized.
Nancy Lewis
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Devour.

Devour me with the rawness; shred me
down to the end of me. Grab me, bite
me, destroy me and never fade so sweetly
into the dark. Swallow me with aggressive
gulps, twist me, crush me, break me
down and expose my darkness to the
twinkles which remain beneath the black
above us. And when it is all over I will
still crave you for all that you are.
Alyza  reads
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
"One day you will make peace with your demons and the chaos in your heart will settle flat. And maybe for the first time, life will smile right back at you and welcome you home." CHILLS

Wow! For someone like me who are not the biggest fan of poetry collection, this one resonated with me in an instant without even trying and that's saying a lot. 🙌🙌
Andre Teixeira
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I'm not into this format but some poems were so powerful that makes me love this book🥺 ...more
Maddly Peculiar
It’s all too human.
ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω
I heard about this author through my favorite make-up artist YouTuber, Carli Bybel, and hoped I would love his writing since she raved about it. Maybe it's his later works she raved about. Anyway, this definitely wasn't a favorite read for me. Probably a 2.5-3 stars for me

There were some poems that really seemed applicable to me, or like advice I needed to hear, particularly the one entitled Mirrors. I loved that one! And of course copied it down to re-visit when I wish. And there were a handful
Zoe Artemis Spencer Reid
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poems-poetry
With some beautiful poems, though not as good as I hoped for.
Sara
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I LOVE some of RM Drake’s work.. but this book didn’t do it for me. I only liked about 3-4 pieces in the book. Made me kind of sad. But here is my favorite:

“One day you will make peace with your demons & the chaos in your heart will settle flat. And maybe for the first time in your life, life will smile right back at you and welcome you home.”💖

I can relate, and hope to see that day soon. ❤️
Sasha
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
I was a bit disappointed with this book. Unfortunately for me, I just didn't feel for his style of poetry. Now, the thing about poetry is that you are going to love and connect with some stuff and not with others. That's how poetry goes.

I mean, there were probably 5 poems that I thought were amazing in the whole book. When they were good, they were brilliant but when they were bad, they were a snooze fest.

I just found his poetry and style a little forced and pretentious at times. I just kept fee
Radeyah H.  Ali
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a lovely and inspiring collection of some of the most thought provoking and relatable quotes I have ever found in one place. Truly an amazing read; and definitely a book to be taken off the shelves to be read, re-read and read again!
Nikki
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Black Butterfly and Spaceship have much more raw emotion compared to the ones found in this book. Although there are a handful that struck with me, the majority of them felt repetitive and lacking something.
Emma cummings
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
R.M Drake is one of the best poetry writers of our time. He writes with a unique taste and touches on many different topics this younger generation struggles with, such as heartbreak, mental illness, and the way society treats millenials in general. Its lit.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Drop Everything A...: Beautiful Chaos 1 30 Jul 01, 2017 05:42AM
Two new copies to a good home ~ 3 8 Dec 01, 2016 03:30PM

• Empty Bottles Full of Stories
  • I Wrote This For You: 2007-2017 (I Wrote This For You #1)
  • Falling Toward the Moon
  • I Wrote This for You and Only You (I Wrote This For You #3)
  • September Love