Start by marking “Me Tarzan -- You Jane” as Want to Read:
Me Tarzan -- You Jane

Me Tarzan -- You Jane

Moving on doesn’t always have to mean goodbye.

Widowed makeup artist Jane Sullivan is more comfortable keeping her husband's memory alive than dating a pool full of sharks. Ella, her 4 year-old daughter, is her whole world.

When Jane meets Lucas Oliver, famous cover model, it’s hate at first sight. His playboy persona rubs her the wrong way.

Accustomed to every woman fawning
Published December 6th 2014 by Camelia Miron Skiba

To ask other readers questions about Me Tarzan -- You Jane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me Tarzan -- You Jane

Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐1.5 STARS⭐⭐

Well, I promised myself I wouldn't make a review for this but, I felt like I had to explain what went wrong for me. From a French point de vue.

I had great expectations for this book. The blurb really appealed to me, Jane, the heroine is a makeup artist, young widow with a child, an enemy to lovers plot, Lucas, the hero is a model cover and has the reputation of being a man whore.

I was really excited to start this, unfortunately, by page 19 I realized I had a problem already. The he
вιвℓισρнιℓια {кιηgѕℓєу & ѕøяєη ƒσяєνєя}
description.....
and that's what you'll find in this book, and so much more besides.

So. Much. More.

I absolutely love, loved it!!

Highly Recommended.

**ARC, kindly provided by the author, in exchange for an honest review.**

Kathy
Nov 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
Cami is an author who has always been nothing be kind and gracious towards me. She has been a long time participant in my blog tours & hops, and has always offered to help me out whenever I need something. When my life is crazy she is always one to send a message with kind words.

I have wanted to read one of her books for a long time but have never gotten around to it. When I saw the cover and summary for this one I thought I'd take a chance.

I honestly struggled through the first few chapte
Karey White
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun book. When it first started out, I was afraid it was going to be shallow (lots of references to hot guys, etc) but it turned out to be a thoughtful story with likable characters. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)

Make-up artist, Jane, lost her husband several years ago. So now it's just her and her four year-old daughter, Ella. She meets cover model Lucas Oliver at a romance writers convention. She doesn't like him or his player attitude on first sight. Until they are thrown together under many circumstances and they start to fall for each other.

This book wasn't sure what it wanted to be. We never really know how Jane's husband died. Jane has this very strict moral code, with no explanation of
Serenity
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jane just lost her husband. It's never an easy thing for anyone especially if you have kids. She doesn't want to dive into anything anytime soon. Instead she has her own ways of remembering her husband and taking care of Ella.

Then walks in Lucas. A hot sexy model, the kind that every woman wants to fawn over. Not Jane though, she despises him. But why? Lucas is not used to this attention, and he actually likes it. Sure its nice having these women fawn over you, but Jane is something different.
Rachel
Nov 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
****ARC Received for an Honest and Fair Review****

Overall rating: 3.75 stars

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)
Emily
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Aspiring writer and makeup artist, Jane Sullivan has her life structured around her beautiful four year old daughter. Widowed and having to start over by herself, she keeps herself in rigid control. When she meets cover book model Lucas Oliver, it is hate at first sight. Lucas is smug, flirtatious and seems to enjoy poking fun at her. Jane can admit that she has made some assumptions about the man, but he has no tact. Until they both agree to a timid friendship, Jane begins to wonder if maybe sh ...more
Allison
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2014-reads, favorites
**I received a digital copy if this book in exchange for a honest review**

Oh my goodness! What a amazing ride it has been with Lucas and Jane.

Jane Sullivan is a widowed mother of 4 year old Ella who works as a high end makeup artist, but is also a closet writer.
While at a writers conference, she meets the jaw dropping, sexy model Lucas Oliver.
With her oh so famous eye roll, Jane immediately writes Lucas off as the self center playboy he appears to be.
It isn't until her top client takes her
Caren Davis
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You won't be able to put this book down!!!

Camelia Miron Skiba offered to give me my choice of any of her books. I instantly picked Me Tarzan You Jane. I loved the title and it sounded really cute. I was not disappointed! Jane Sullivan is widowed mother, happier with the memory of her dead husband than dating. Cover model, Lucas Oliver has woman falling all over themselves to be near him. When Jane doesn't fall at his feet he is intrigued. Can Lucas convince Jane to believe in second chances?

The
Karen Bainbridge
Me Tarzan--You Jane took me quite by surprise, at the beginning at appeared as if the story was going to be about hot guys who party it up and sleep with a different girl every night.. so when it switched to a writers conference and we meet the characters of 'Jane' Jane Sullivan,a young widow and writer who has entered the contest for for getting an agent and hopefully getting her book published and 'Tarzan' Lucas Oliver,a very handsome male model.
Their first meeting is a clash to begin with he
Jessica Freed
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't going to post a review (I'm lazy that way), leaving it to everyone else saying what they liked/ didn't like about the book. But then I got sucked in by everyone's reviews and the more I read them, the more I thought I should write one too.
Some reviews were spot on, others . . . well, I wondered if we were reading the SAME book.
In a few words this is what I think about Me Tarzan You Jane:
1. Plot: From a non-existent/at-each-other's-throat/can't-stand-the-sight-of-you well described (an
Kathy Jo
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
After Jane's husband dies her whole world becomes Ella, her 4 year old daughter. She's a makeup artist who lives in the past to keep her husband's memory alive. She doesn't believe in second chances. She thinks that she can only have one true love and is perfectly fine with living alone for the rest of her life.

When she meets Lucas it's hate at first sight. She thinks that he's an entitled, conceited jerk who always gets his way when it comes to what he wants. She can't stand him and does anyth
Tara
Dec 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
Between 3 and 4 stars...I have mixed feelings on this one. And I bounced back and forth on a 3 or 4 star rating (I NEED half-star ratings to be available, Goodreads!!) The way the book started out made me think I probably wasn't going to finish it, because it seemed like it was going in one direction and the hero seemed SO shallow...but then I read reviews from readers I trust that said it was only the first few chapters, which is true. However, there is some stuff throughout that I could have d ...more
Ella Drayton
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Okay....I gave this book a 5 star rating but I didn't really care for the beginning. And I almost put it down because I didn't think I wanted to finish reading it but I changed my mind after Jane and Lucas' first interaction. I had to see what was going come of it. I just wasn't sure if I was going to like Jane or not because the way she came off in the beginning. She's kind of an uptight bitch when you first meet her.

Needless to say, Jane and this book grew on me and the more I read the more I
Melissa Nichols
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. The author has a gift with words! She uses words and analogies in just the right way to paint vivid pictures in your mind as you read the book. I love that the story between Lucas and Jane is a real one. I felt like it was something that really could happen. I found myself cheering them on in their quest to get to know each other and was sad during struggles that they had. I also loved that there was conflict in their relationship and that they had to choose to work ...more
Jeana Casady
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Once I opened Me Tarzan -- You Jane, I really couldn't put it down. I had so much fun reading this book and laughed and cried along with it. A truly entertaining book, yet again from the talented Camelia Skiba. And a perfect read for snuggling by the fire at home during this Winter season too! The main characters Jane and Lucas will draw you in and make you cross your fingers for a sequel.
Caroline
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Haddie Harper
DISCLAIMER: I received a copy of this book as part of a blog tour.

Bookworms, this one is for you! This book incorporate select elements of the publishing/author world, giving light to the process it takes to get a published book on the shelves. I think what I loved most about this book was how refreshingly clean it was. Yes, there was those topics brought up, but they were behind closed doors. Don't get me wrong. We all love a fantastic, steamy read, but now and then, a read like this just wins
Pascale
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm so glad I read the reviews for this book before I read the story. This way I was prepared. If I hadn't read them first I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten too far into the story before quitting. I'm glad I stuck it out. There were some grammatical errors and typos and some blatant mistakes that didn't make sense. Also, there was quite a bit of swearing and this book is not "clean" (sex is mentioned several times and some of the wording is quite descriptive). However, I pushed past these t ...more
Kim Roberts
Dec 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've read a few of Camelia Miron Skiba's books and I was expecting the same emotional roller coaster when I picked Me Tarzan--You Jane. The title alone intrigued me, once again unlike anything I read by her. The same is valid for the cover and the blurb, setting the tone to fun, relaxed and light read.
The book is written in the heroine's point of view, Jane O'Malley. Widow, makeup artist, mother to a 4yr. old girl, Jane is a closet writer, until she submits a short story to a contest and wins 1s
Kathleen
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Me Tarzan You Jane is a delightful story of love lost, found, and second chances. Author Camelia Miron Skiba weaves a sweet tale of an unlikely romance between a widowed single mother and a cocky and conceited cover model.

Widow Jane Sullivan is a make artist, aspiring writer, and single mother to adorable four year old Ella. Jane lost her husband who was her soul mate four years ago, and since then her world has revolved around taking care of her daughter. She believes that a person only gets on
Kathy
Shelves: romance
Jane Sullivan, make-up artist by day, writing under the pseudonym of Jane O’Malley, enters a short story contest on a whim and is invited to a writers’ convention in Phoenix. She is thrilled with the excitement of meeting some of her favorite authors. She is not as impressed with the male models all the women are fussing about. Everyone wants to pay to have their picture taken with the sexy male models and Lucas seems to be the favorite, but when Jane meets him, he seems to be nothing but a conc ...more
Amber Hodges
Jane Sullivan is a widow trying to become an author in between her makeup artist sessions and taking care of her 4 year old daughter Ella. She doesn't want another man in her life, she feels humans are meant to be with just one person for their whole lives, so why can't she seem to stop thinking of the repulsive Lucas Oliver?

I very much enjoyed this story. I know what it is like to lose someone in your life and living in the past. I lost my brother a year ago and it doesn't get any easier. I ten
Chu
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Jane likes routine, likes her walls, and the bubble that surrounds her and Ella, her four-year old daughter. She likes her peace - until she came across Lucas Oliver a book convention. She didn't like him at first, she found him overbearing and arrogant. Exactly not her type. Exactly dangerous to her peaceful existence.

She was the first woman who didn't really like him, and it was new for Lucas Oliver who seemed to have every woman fawning over him. He likes her, and even more so, her irresisti
Raquel Zúñiga
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

I used to think I was a YA kind of person but the more I read Contemporary Romance the more I love it. And books like this one is the reason why.

The Story

Jane Sullivan is a widowed makeup artist and aspiring writer. And while in a writers conference in Phoenix she meets book covers model Lucas Oliver, your typical bad boy, player and conceited hollywood star, who can really push her buttons.

But Jane cant help how her body reacts when Lucas is
Beth
4 stars

Warning: May contain spoilers

I thought this was a really good book, the characters were great I enjoyed Lucas and Jane, and Ella was adorable. The first half of the book was great with sparks flying, I didn't find Jane all that likeable at times but she was an interesting character. I did feel that Jane being a widow was a big thing at times in the story but it seemed that the author almost forgot to finalise that part of the story for me. Jane struggled with the loss of her husband, stil
Elsie
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
I have to admit that I wasn't sure what I'd gotten myself into when I started this book. Sexy cover models having drunken parties...?? Hmm... but I'm glad I stuck with it because the characters in this book grew on me and I was rooting for them the rest of the way through.

Something I enjoyed about this book is that we get to find out what happens AFTER they fall in love. There is the usual - she's plays hard to get, he pursues her, and finally - finally! - they get together. Most books of these
Solmarie
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I adored this book. The characters were so alive for me that I was actually sad when the book ended. I wanted more. Maybe the author will be kind enough to write about each of the male models mentioned here (HINT HINT) :)

Jane Sullivan is a hot mess. Widowed for four years all she has to hold onto is her four year old daughter. After her loss, she manages to make it day by day by being in control of all aspects of her
Samantha
Nov 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! I was lucky enough to get to read it before it comes out for my honest review.

Jane is a single mother to adorable Ella, and also a writer. She goes to a writing conference where she meets all the male models that pose for the romance novel covers. They all seem like people she can get along with, except for Lucas. He is arrogant, and conceded. Jane can't stand him from the moment she hears about him. She doesn't even need to see him to know he gets on her nerves.

Lu
  • Life Discarded
  • Lacing Shadows: Anthology
  • Sandville High (Season 1)
  • Mister Darcy's Dogs (A Mister Darcy Series Comedic Mystery #1)
  • Fallen For Him (Darkest Fears Trilogy, #1)
  • A Bargain Bride
  • Annie's Child
  • How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love With You (How to Survive High School)
  • Snared (Jaded Regret, #2)
  • It's You (It's You #2)
  • Arrows & Angels
  • Taking Charge
  • Set Me Free (A Fugitive #2)
  • All Over You (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #2)
  • Poison Tree (Reflection Pond, #2)
  • Between Before and After
  • Fairly Certain (Love of Fairs #1)
  • Both Sides
Ever since I began writing and publishing books I've been on the run, always trying to write the next page, the next chapter, the next book. Every story was another journey, another discovery of what I could do and another evolution. All these years my motto was it doesn't matter who I am or where I come from, but what I leave behind is. I thought I have it all figured out.
Socrates, one of the bi