Start by marking “Beautiful Criminal (McCoy's Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Criminal (McCoy's Boys, #1)

Beautiful Criminal

(McCoy's Boys #1)

Long days, precious nights…

Mima Etu lives a quiet life with her sled dogs in the stunning Canadian Rockies. But that all changes when she stumbles upon a plane crash while out on a supply run. She’s shocked to discover the pilot is still alive—though barely. With the sun setting and the temperatures quickly dropping, Mima knows he’d never survive the trip to the nearest ho
Kindle Edition
Published June 9th 2015 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Criminal, please sign up.
Shady Grace Hi Teresa,

Beautiful Criminal is 86 pages (approx. 26K words). Thanks!

Cristina
Shelves: arc
After reading the blurb for this book I was so excited to read it...but after I finished it there was a little voice in my head singing:

description

Thank God this was a quick read cause otherwise I would have had to DNF it. The writing wasn't very great and because of that my connection to the characters was 0 and I didn't feel a true connection between them either.

Not to mention the instalust/love crap and the fact that Mima kept thinking that she could be the one to change this dangerous criminal and make
Katie
May 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Although I thoroughly enjoyed the plot of this book, I feel like it just fell short of my expectations. This novel would have been much better suited as a full-length book, and not as a short story. The "love" was rushed, as was the action scenes. Basically, I feel like everything was rushed- as if the author was trying to fit the book within a certain number of pages.

The good thing about Beautiful Criminal was the writing. There's no doubt in my mind that this Author is a talented writer...I ju
Maria Bikaki

2,5 stars. When i first saw this book I was quite intrigued. The story line seemed so interesting. Young woman who is living in the mountains rescued a pilot after his plane crashed. They instantly feel attracted but the pilot has his own secrets and the pair maybe be in danger.
 photo MORE.gif
An this is where the problem starts. I guess for those who are expecting a simple romance story without action maybe this story will work you. Unfortunately this book didnt fulfill my expectations. I guess if this wasnt
Ralou by Collector Of Book Boyfriends
It was really a shame that this story was that short because I really never wanted it to end. I got really sad when I finished it that quickly. But although the shortness of it, I have only good things to say about it.

The story was super beautiful and exciting with a dark side in it - just like I like it. The scenery, the bad guys, the good guys, the drugs etc made it captivating as hell. I was biting my nails the whole time.

As for the characters, I have to say that they were quite interesting
Reflection
Copy provided by the publisher via NetGalley for review purposes.

If you are seeking a novel that is much more romance than action, then this story may be perfect for you.

The concept of Beautiful Criminal is interesting - independent woman Mima living in the mountain wilds rescues unconscious pilot Gabe from a plane crash and certain death. Love blooms as she nurses him back to health. Meanwhile Gabe's cohorts are searching for him and his smuggled cargo. Gabe and Mima may be in considerable dan
Monica **can't read fast enough**
BEAUTIFUL CRIMINAL was a bit of a let down for me. Being a quick read didn't work very well with the romantic suspense element. Things had to move way too fast and I didn't feel like I had time to get invested into Mima and Gabriel before the story is suddenly wrapped up. Mima and Gabriel going from strangers to lovers so quickly was jarring. Gabriel doesn't even have time to fully recover before the physical contact happens. Added to that they were not responsible in their impulsive sexual rela ...more
Talk Books To Me
Jun 07, 2015 rated it really liked it

Karia’s Review…
From Northern Ontario??? Me too!!! Actually much of this book and the northern elements reminded me of places back home. Especially the stories of the bush pilots…the Mavericks of the North!
This was a fast story with some great heat between Gabriel and Mima. Both were not the biggest talkers and that also was quite true to life of the northern people I knew. The angst was almost believable, but totally enjoyable. I am looking forward to the other books since it seems that the auth
ARC received for review

Quick, easy read with a little angst and almost no suspense. Not a bad start to a series.
Danielle
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
After reading the blurb for Beautiful Criminal I knew I had to give it a go. Add a sexy, bad boy hero, smoking hot chemistry, and suspense and I was intrigued. Had it not been for the ending I would given this one a solid 4 stars but unfortunately the ending just didn't work for me.

When Mima and her friend, Mary, are out on a run with their dog sleds they come across a plane crash and take the unconscious pilot back to Mima's to nurse him back to health. After spending days caring for him, Mima
P.e. lolo
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Gabriel Miller is a pilot flying a Cessna through the Rockies on his way to make a delivery for his boss something he really does not want to do any more but realizes that this is his own doing so he makes the best of it. Part way on the trip he runs into a storm and all he remembers is going down. Mimi Etu, is out dog sledding practicing for a race with a friend and they hear the plane and the crash and to help. Looking inside she finds that he is still alive but they must get him down and bac ...more
Christi Snow
Apr 28, 2015 rated it liked it
My Review:
While I enjoyed reading this book overall, I never felt like I really connected with the characters or their emotional state. Everything is beautifully written and the story line is interesting, but it never went deep enough. I think part of the problem is that it's fast story with an insta-love story line. The two never get a chance to really know one another. But there's several days off the page where as a reader I assumed they connected. BUT that kept me from connecting with them.
Katie_la_geek
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a review.

'Oh dear,'

those are the first words that come to mind when I think about Beautiful Criminal. This one really, really was not my cup of tea. It was more or less a check-list of all the things I don't like to read in romance novels.

Silly female main character who becomes obsessed with a man she doesn't know over night and completely lacks a back bone? Check

Male main character with zero redeeming qualities? Check (this
Les Romantiques
Posted on Les Romantiques - Le forum du site
Reviewed by Rinou
Review Copy from the Publisher

Beautiful Criminal is the first volume in the series by this author I didn’t know yet, and unfortunately in spite of certain qualities I wasn’t thrilled.

Mima lives alone with her sled dogs in the Canadian Rockies. She doesn’t imagine that the pilot she rescues after the crash of his plane will bring danger on her doorsteps.

Announced like this, Beautiful Criminal story is attractive. Unfortunately the autho
Heather
Shelves: reviewed
This is the first book I have read by author Shady Grace. From its description, I expected a romantic suspense novel. However, the story was very light on the suspense, the action scenes almost as an afterthought. The action scenes which included enforcers from a drug lord, one of which was also a traitor, were done with such little fanfare that there was no doubt the "good guys" would survive. The book was much better suited as a romance since so many suspense plot lines were not followed throu ...more
Sheryl
Apr 06, 2015 marked it as to-read
*NETGALLEY*
Freya
May 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017
OK, once in a while, I browse free ebooks and read short stories for a day. This story could have so much potential. The setting is good but the characters were not develop at all. I would just ignore that this is an insta-love, insta-lust as well. Nah, it's free, easy read, done in a day!
Laura Roberts
Aug 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
So this is going to be a short review. It was a short book at 73 pages. Usually I could read 73 pages in a matter of hours. This book took me two days. I just couldn’t connect. Now I really don’t like to write a negative review, I feel bad in doing so, but thats the point of the blog right?! Not every book in the genre’s I enjoy are going to do it for me obviously. I know that but it is such a shame. When I saw the cover I was like……..Nice! I read the synopsis and was instantly interested. My ki ...more
Deborah
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: jd-read, amazon-done
Beautiful Criminal has an interesting plotline. Independent woman, Mima, living in the mountains rescues a pilot from a crashed plane, while out on a supply run. He faced certain death being in the cold wilderness so her friend helps her get him back to her cabin.

Gabe is a self-proclaimed bad man. He smuggles for a living. Now his cargo is still out there and competitors that want to snuff him out, have the perfect opportunity. He knows he has unfortunately, put Mima and her friend in danger.

I
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an ARC if this book from the publisher via NetGalley I exchange for an honest review.

This author is new to me. I requested for a copy if this book in NetGalley because the blurb sounded interesting. Apart from cover art, I have a thing for good blurbs. Sometimes, I pick up a book because it had a well written, teasing blurb, but I end up regretting my decision. Sometimes too, I almost miss out on a book because I didn't think it was good because the blurb didn't catch my attention.

Wit
Tanya
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Rating 3 to 3.5 stars

This is more like a novella than full length, but the story contained within has a good plot with a couple twists. Things I particularly liked included the fact the hero wasn't perfect. In fact, he was a criminal. Mima was a native woman who wasn't described as gorgeous. She was tough and lived in a wild country alone. I love a strong heroine. These were excellent characters, and the setup was awesome. Our hero crashes his plane in the snow, and Mima and her friend, Mary, pu
The
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
**3.5 stars**

Life in the mountains isn’t always serene…

Mima Etu is living alone in the mountains with her sled dogs and sparse neighbours for company. While out with her friend Mary, they stumble on the wreckage of a small plane. Rescuing the injured pilot, Gabriel Miller, Mima shelters him as he recovers. Little does she know that the man is a criminal in the middle of a dangerous job. Gabe is attracted to the quiet, beautiful woman who seems content with her life outside of the conventional ma
Diane
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
**3.5 stars**

Life in the mountains isn’t always serene…

Jocelyn Sanchez
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although this book was good, it didn't blow me completely away. I did enjoy reading it and I did feel a connection to the characters; especially Mima. She was smart, spunky, and she knew what she wanted and went after it. She was an independent woman with a heart of gold and I loved her and Gabriel's story.

Mima lives a nice, but isolated life, in the Canadian Rockies with her sled dogs. She was on a supply run with her best friend, and their dogs, when she came across a plane wreck. Upon furthe
Carmella Siciliano
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mima lives in the wilds of the Canadian mountains in a cabin that belonged to her family. She has her dogs (sled team) and her friend Mary semi-close by.

Gabe is a drug runner/enforcer for Colton. Colton took him in when his father died and has treated him like a son. Gabe knows no other job.

Gabe is flying a delivery when his plane goes down. The next day Mima and Mary find him. They take him back to Mima's home because there is not enough light to get him to a hospital or doctor.

The following da
Miriam
Jun 29, 2015 rated it liked it
For me, this story wasn't so much about survival as it was connection. Mima and Gabriel had survived alone for years, doing what was necessary to live another day. Even with her best friend, Mima was still very isolated, and I don't just mean living in the middle of nowhere. And Gabriel... Well, transporting drugs didn't really leave him room to make lots of friends, you know? One slip of his guard and it'd be a bullet to the back of his head.

The physical attraction was undeniable. How long had
Hannah
May 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
ARC REVIEW

Beautiful Criminal is book one in Shady Grace's new series McCoy's Boys. I generally don't like books that glamorize drug smuggling and criminal behavior of the sort, which is why I normally stay away from them but this one in a way doesn't glamorize it. Gabriel Miller is a drug runner, he kinda fell into it trusted the wrong person and now there is no way out. Mima Etu is a young and naive woman who lives alone in the middle of nowhere Canada with just her dog sled dogs to keep her co
Dee

The positive - A sweet love story, descriptive writing and well edited.

The not so positive - Right from the beginning the plot wasn't very believable and a lot of what unfolded was rather predictable, IMO.

The hero survives a plane crash, spends a night in sub-zero temperatures and comes out more or less unscathed. On waking his first question is "Where's your husband." Really!

The heroine has lived in the hut on her own since a tragic event when she was sixteen, wow. I wrongly assumed
Boundless Book Reviews
I received this book through Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

This is one my favorite genre of books. It's more than "Bad Boy" its a man who does bad things and is a criminal. He lives in a scary world, so he is also scary. Yet at the same time he is sexy, fierce, Super Alpha, protective and would never dream of hurting his lady. I find it hard to find these types of novels (other than Biker novels) so whenever I do I jump on one!

Beautiful Criminal didn't disappoint me one bit. I got
Alexisa Neely
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mima and her friend Mary discover a downed plane while they are out on with their sled dogs in the Rockies. The pilot is barely alive, he's injured and freezing cold. They take him to Mima’s. When Gabe wakes up after his plane crash and realizes that he's not in a hospital or jail he's instantly wary... Until he comes face to face with Mima. He knows he needs to get back to his plane to check on his cargo but ends up having to stay with Mima because of the weather.
This was a short that I very mu
Crack A Book Cafe
Jun 06, 2015 rated it liked it
This book wasn't for me. I thought the concept was interesting, however, I was disappointed overall. I thought the writing was fine but the story itself felt incredibly rushed. Now it is short so you'd expect that to a degree but this particular story required a lot...I don't know more? I was left feeling dissatisfied. I really think this would have been much more enjoyable if it was actually longer with more background and more fleshing out of the story as a whole. I like shorter stories as wel ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Shady Grace (formerly known as BL Bonita) lives on the north shore of Lake Superior. She loves to write about strong alpha males who fall for fiery, independent women, in settings with humorous dialogue and action-filled plots. Shady believes love and sex should be exciting and unforgettable. Being able to write about it is better than cheesecake.

McCoy's Boys (3 books)
  • Never Give You Up (McCoy's Boys #2)
  • The Hitman Who Loved Me (McCoy's Boys #3)