Start by marking “Shades of Doon (Doon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shades of Doon (Doon, #3)

Shades of Doon

(Doon #3)

Published September 1st 2015 by Blink

To ask other readers questions about Shades of Doon, please sign up.
Nessa I know I saw somewhere that there's going to be four books in this series, based on an Amazon review from Shades of Doon. But we'll know for sure real…moreI know I saw somewhere that there's going to be four books in this series, based on an Amazon review from Shades of Doon. But we'll know for sure real soon....(less)
Abigail Yes, this is! I love this genre and this is one of my favorite series in the genre. Hope this helps!

Start your review of Shades of Doon (Doon, #3)
Lizzie
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rating: ALL OF THE STARS!

Gahhh where do I start?! This series just keeps getting better and better! This is my new favorite in the series, and I honestly wouldn't change anything about it. In my eyes, it was absolutely perfect.

I loved the plot in this book! While I thought I wouldn't enjoy it taking place outside of Doon, I actually found it strangely refreshing; I nice change of scenery, and yet after a few chapters I was wanting to go back home to Doon.

The world building is so well done! I can
Sara Ella
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015, own
I’m always a little wary of sequels, especially when I loved the first one (two in this case) so much. Will this one be as good as the last? Will I be disappointed? What if one of my favorite characters dies?

Oh, the agony of a fangirl.

But I shouldn’t have feared when it came to Shades of Doon, the third installment in the Doon series and one of my most anticipated reads of 2015. Not only was I not disappointed, but book three exceeded my expectations, leaving me dangling off the edge of my seat
Cameron Chaney
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, fantasy, ya
Holy mother of cliffhangers!

And now the countdown to the final book begins...

To see my full video review, click HERE!
Lilly Santiago
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
****REVIEW OF ARC****

Wow. Carey and Lorie do not disappoint in Shades of Doon. Buckle up your seat belts and get ready for one amazing freaking adventure. 4.5 stars!

After that insane cliff hanger in Destined for Doon I was eager to sink my teeth into Shades as quick as possible!

For anyone that's wondering, this book clears up mostly everything. Most of my questions were answered, save for a few, and I want the next book right now because that ending?

Destroyed me.

This book is filled with a millio
Maria V. Snyder
Aug 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Book 3 and I'm still enjoying the series! I really like the world and characters the authors have created and can't wait until Book #4 next year (the final one of the series). I will admit, I'm partial to MacKenna's character because she's snarky and fun - although Veronica is a likable character as well, she just has more responsibility and therefore is more serious at times. Much like Ari and Janco in my Study books :)

In this book, the evil witch of Doon is attempting to cast Veronica and MacK
Carolina Carriço
DNF 22%

This is the first book I'm marking as DNF ever. I've stopped reading books before but I always hope to get back to them. But I think I'm done with this one. I read Veronica's book and Mackenna's. They are both happy now. Why mess that up?!

Also I'm not rating the book. I don't think it's fair if I rate it after only reading a fifth of the book.
Alyssa

{About the Book}

After cheating death, Veronica Welling is determined to savor every moment in her idyllic kingdom with both her true love and best friend by her side at last. At the same time, Mackenna Reid is enthusiastically building her new life and a theater with her prince. But just as their dreams of happiness are within reach, the world Vee and Kenna have chosen is ripped away, leaving them to face their most horrific challenge yet—their old lives.

Thrust out of Doon, the best friends are
JoAnna
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMG! WTF! That ending has just destroyed me..... Thank the lord there is a fourth and final book to right the wrongs and dare I say give these people a well deserved happy ending! F U witch of Doon! I hope you get your ugly ass kicked straight to hell!!! LoL I am in my feelings as you can tell!:D
Rissi
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of YA Time Travel Novels
Shelves: favorites, review, 2015
Building an impressive fan base full of readers fully invested in these characters lives, this series has become one of the more popular YA lit re-telling set of novels currently relevant to today’s reader. Its second novel, Destined for Doon, left its fans scrambling for answers and adding Shades of Doon to their most anticipated lists. Now, the third book is nearly here and fans are about to have the answers they longed for. The adventure continues as Veronica recovers from her brush with deat ...more
Christel
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Guys. My heart. I can't even function right now. This book, though. It was amazing. Jamie and Vee really become a unit in this book, and they have some of the sweetest, swooniest, please make adorable babies moments! Of course, Kenna and Duncan are just adorable and cute and sweet and loving and WHY AM I SINGLE. But, it's official. Jamie is my favourite book boyfriend. That being said, I CANT DEAL WITH THIS ENDING.
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ahhhhh this was so good! I need the next book now too bad I have to wait since I just ordered it lol
Bookish Miranda
Originally posted on my blog @ Miranda's Book Blog

**I received a copy via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review**

Hold on to your seats fellow Doonians, you're in for an amazing ride once you crack open Shades of Doon! This is the third book in this astounding series, and I must say, my favorite so far! (My first 6 star review of 2015!) Thanks to the wonderful authors Carey & Lorie, I am now totally infatuated with anything and everything Doon! Never thought I'd say this, but... I'm a total
Sam! at the bookstore
Rating: 3.25 stars

That ENDING! Wow! Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon sure do love their cliff hangers.

Full review to come.
Mykenna Dutton
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
wowow that ending though.
Heather
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So glad there's a fourth book. Love this series!
Galaxy Adventurer
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness this book is soooooo good!! But why does every book in this series end in a giant cliffhanger?!?!?! I NEED THE NEXT BOOK!!!!
Hannah (FreeInFiction)
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. Carey and Lorie have done it again! Absolutely amazing and this series will always be one of my favorites. That ending though!!
Tito
All I'm gonna say is that this book is by far the best book in the entire series.
Bekah (WillBakeforBooks)
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Besties Veronica Welling and McKenna Reid are back in this exciting continuation of the epic Doon series! Vee faced a harrowing end when we left her in Destined for Doon. Now back in action, she’s unsure of what caused her sudden brush with death in the first place. Nonetheless, Vee and Kenna are determined to make the most of their lives in Doon- Vee by protecting her people and leading alongside her love Jamie, and Kenna by building her future with Duncan and starting a Doonian theatre. But wh ...more
Jamie
Mar 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
(3.5)
While reading series is sometimes hard because you have to wait FOREVER for the next releases, the good ones always make it worth the wait! I was super excited to dive in the the third book of The Doon Series and of course now I can’t wait until next year to finish it off.

Much like the other books in the series, these are entertaining, fun and this one (especially towards the latter part of the book), kept you on your toes and guessing just what would happen next. Again, I really love the
Cassie C
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review to come!

Update 9/18/15:

See more reviews on my blog Novels and Necklaces

description

GAH!! Can I just give this every star imaginable please? Something like infinity stars? Is that a thing? Because this book deserves that type of rating!! Everything about this book is perfection, and if you aren't reading this series you need to drop everything and go get the first book so you can join in on the adventure of a lifetime. Every book just gets better and better, and this just might be my favorite thus far
Emily
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hmm. What to say about this book. Half of it was fairy-tale perfect, with the two couples totally in love and happy. In fact, the book pretty much starts off that way. My reaction: "WHAT? The last time I saw these characters, Vee was DYING." But this book skips past all of that drama, and we see what happened only in the memories of the characters. Apparently, it wasn't that big of a deal? Then why the epic cliffhanger in the last book?

Moving on... So the characters were having a picture-perfec
Marguerite
5 Stars!

Love, love, love Shades of Doon! Everything I hoped for in the next book and more. The best scenes from this book were definitately when Vee, Mackenna, Jamie and Duncan are in the modern world - I laughed so hard. The ending was intense and the perfect set-up for the final conclusive book, Forever Doon. Have to say, I sort of had my suspicions about the person who turned out to be evil, so that wasn't so much a surprise, but I just love these book so much and can't praise them enough!
Se
LF
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
I have a lot of thoughts, but I will just say that these authors need to learn that Africa is not a country, even though it is referred to as one at least twice in this book, and that Native Americans are not just people who stand around shooting bows and arrows. Their attempt at adding "diversity" to their book only took the movement back fifty years. Ugh.
ضحى الحداد
My eyes are hurting from rolling them so much, seriously this witch needs to die soon because apparently we have nothing better to do but to wait for her until she makes trouble again, but I have to say this one was slightly better than the previous two
so in this book we find out that there is a curse that is forcing Veronica (MAJOR EYE ROLL ) and Mackenna to be in the modern world away from Doon, they have to return to see what is causing it, and how will they destroy that witch .. a
Isabel
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Even though it took me a really long time to get through this book. I finally forced myself to sit down and read it. All I have to say is I am SOOOOOOO thankful my sister has the next book.
The NYC Talon
Aug 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book had me like
description
But let's get to the review ;) :

The Doon series just keeps getting better. Often by the time I hit the third book in a series, I’m hanging on purely because I’ve already invested time in the characters. This series has officially sunk its claws into me and it’s not letting go.

When I first read that this book takes Mackenna and Veronica (Verrranica) back to their former lives I was both apprehensive and excited. Apprehensive because both of the girls have matured since the f
Sarbjot
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-bomb
This was SO GOOD!!!AHHH!!! I truly have no words to explain how good "Shades Of Doon" was. The character's were so alive, it was amazing. I could feel everything that the book wanted to feel. This book truly made a world in my heart, I'm so glad. 5 STARS!!!
Rebekah Gyger
Sep 22, 2015 rated it liked it
After the cliffhanger from the last book, I was expecting Shades of Doon to be an emotional roller-coaster with more action and adventure than the last two. Instead, I read a book that was just the same as the others. While this is not inherently bad, progressing books in a series are supposed to amp up the tension of the overall series and Shades of Doon did not give that to me.

Now in the third of four books, the heroines are now dedicated to their Callings and and their heroes. While there is
Yasamin
Jan 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2015
[1.5 stars]

I don't know if my tastes have changed in the last year, or if this book was just bad compared to the previous ones, but I really really really did not like this book. It's a bit of a shame because I remember really enjoying the first two in the series, but this one was a huge letdown. I feel like nothing really happened. It was essentially the same scenario over and over and over again. I do not care about any of the characters. None of them. They're all whiney and unoriginal and bla
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Dec 21, 2014 10:31AM

• Gilt Hollow
  • An Uncertain Choice (An Uncertain Choice, #1)
  • The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest (A Medieval Fairy Tale, #1)
  • A Daring Sacrifice (An Uncertain Choice, #2)
  • Olivia Twist
  • A Proper Charade
  • Lovely, Dark and Deep
  • Wager for a Wife
  • An Evening at Almack's
  • Magic Forged (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #1)
  • Hereafter (The Lost Princesses, #3)
  • Magic Redeemed (Hall of Blood and Mercy, #2)
  • Chapter 3- The Beast, Dominic's View
  • Secrets and Suitors
  • Crave (Crave, #1)
  • Dark Oblivion (The Vampire Prophecy #3)
  • The Piper's Pursuit (Hagenheim, #10)
  • Undercurrents (Undercurrents, #1)
I am the author of several young adult books, including the DOON series from BLINK/HarperCollins, inspired by Lerner & Loewe's Brigadoon, and co-written w/Lorie Langdon.

*Please note this is an unmonitored account. I do love to connect with readers on Twitter and Facebook. Visit the Dooniverse for links: www.DoonSeries.com*

Bystanders can end bullying. Be brave - Speak up!

Doon (4 books)
  • Doon (Doon, #1)
  • Destined for Doon (Doon, #2)
  • Forever Doon (Doon, #4)