Start by marking “A Fantastic Holiday Season: The Gift of Stories” as Want to Read:
A Fantastic Holiday Season: The Gift of Stories

A Fantastic Holiday Season: The Gift of Stories

(Krewe of Hunters #14.2 (Santa's Mortuary))

’Tis the Season for 14 magical, macabre and merry tales to make your Holidays Fantastic.

Gingerbread houses, caroling carolers, brightly trimmed trees, big family dinners, pristine snowfalls-the familiar pleasures of the season.

Published October 8th 2014 by WordFire Press

To ask other readers questions about A Fantastic Holiday Season, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Fantastic Holiday Season

Start your review of A Fantastic Holiday Season: The Gift of Stories
Mitticus
4 silly wolfy stars.

Juro que habia visto esto en forma independiente, pero tal vez fue que se echó para atrás la publicación. De todas maneras, odio que me hayan borrado mi pequeño comentario acerca de una historia corta en tono de broma acerca de Asil uno de mis personajes favoritos en el mundo de Alfa y Omega de Patricia Briggs. Tenia guardadas las citas, pero no el susodicho comentario.

Unappreciated Gifts by Patricia Briggs - Some members of Adam's pack think Asil should get out more, so
Steven
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five Stars for Unappreciated Gifts by Patricia Briggs.

This shorty is about Asil, one of the most intriguing and entertaining characters in the Mercyverse, and I loved every second of it.
Thenia
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Unappreciated Gifts - Patricia Briggs:
Asil gets dared to go on five dates that some concerned packmates of his have arranged, and he is determined to win.

This story focuses on the first date of his that is a lot more fun than Asil thought it would be, for very unexpected reasons - (view spoiler)
Angela
Jun 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Only read the short: Mercy Thompson World 10.5 (Alpha & Omega 3.5): Unappreciated Gifts

I loved this story with Asil. And it makes me hopeful that we're going to get a lot more of these "dates" of his in future stories. *crossing fingers*

Review to come.
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've only read one of the stories in this anthology so I'm not marking it as read or giving it a star rating yet. I do plan to come back to it at some point though so I'll update this when I read the rest.

Unappreciated Gifts by Patricia Briggs - 4 stars
(Alpha & Omega 3.5 / Mercy Thompson World 10.5)

Some of Bran's pack are worried about Asil, they think he needs to get out more so they've decided to take matters into their own hands. Once Asil is informed of the bet that they have made (that he w
Amyiw
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Decided to read the Patricia Briggs Asil story again. This is the first date he goes on. I’m left wondering whether he wins and who set up the whole thing. Great, cute story about Asil being set up on a blind date through a dating site. Things definitely don’t go as planned. Wonder how the next ones go.

Fantastic Hope has the next date

_________________________

I don't know why I rated it and never reviewed or even change the shelf to read, since I'm not going to read the other shorts but I fell do
Clockworkbookworm
I only read "Unappreciated Gifts" by Patricia Briggs thus far. I enjoyed it and wish we would have seen more (or all 5) dates. Lol

I will read the rest of the stories someday.
Ina
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review of Unappreciated Gifts by Patricia Briggs

I've already said it, but I have to repeat myself once again - I love Asil. However, I can't see anyone brave (and stupid enough) to mess with Asil like this, except for Bran. We, readers, see Asil as someone sweet, but other wolves are scared to death of him. So I really think it was Bran who set him up.

As for the story itself, it was cute. I didn't expect Asil to end up on a date with guy, but I'm really glad Briggs didn't try to push them toget
Darcy
This review is only based on the story by Patricia Briggs.

Asil is a favorite character in the Mercy Thompson/Alpha Omega world. I think I like him because he is not what he seems. I love how the characters of Aspen Creek try to pull one over on Asil. I loved how they phrases things to be a challenge, something Asil could not leave alone.

I'm not sure if there are any more ways that Asil's date could have gone more wrong. But I loved how Asil adjusted to all the screwball things that came his way
Delta
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of Alpha & Omega series
This rating is for only the Patricia Briggs short story, book 3.5 of the Alpha & Omega series.

In Unappreciated Gifts , anonymous friends of Asil (aka, the Moor) challenge him to go on five blind dates that were set up for him by his friends via online dating websites. His first such date is full of surprises for everyone involved. If you are a fan of the Alpha & Omega series, you will likely enjoy this humorous tale.
K.
Cheating, again. Skimmed most of the stories, because I really grabbed this for "Unappreciated Gifts", a short story in Patricia Briggs' Alpha and Omega series. It explores sometime in the life of my favorite supporting character, Asil, as a few mysterious packmates set him up on a series of blind dates. This story covers the first date: dinner and masquerade ball. His date Kelly and he immediately get off on the wrong foot, mostly because Kelly is a man. I love Asil.
"... They didn’t give me yo
Teresa Mary Rose
I only read Unexpected Gifts by Patricia Briggs but like every other book in this world, I truly enjoyed it. Asil has always been such a fascinating character and this was a fun story.
Dr susan
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-again
I got a copy of The Gift of Stories from my library because I wanted to read Briggs's Unappreciated Gifts. I ended up reading all the stories. I did not expect horror in a Christmas/holiday story anthology, but at least two of the stories (A Christmas Feast, A World Done In By Great Granny's Grateful Pie) are definitely horror. Several stories are science fiction and several are urban fantasy.

I am a rabid Asil fan, and Unappreciated Gifts is a wonderful story of acceptance and standing up to a b
Paraphrodite
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5 stars. Rating is for Unappreciated Gifts from Patricia Briggs - a story in her Alpha & Omega series.

This was quite funny...it's about someone from the pack setting up blind dates for Asil on dating sites....
Maria
Not going to lie, just read the Patricia Briggs short story... and I hope that she adds to this in her next book. Fun!
Mel
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I only read Patricia Briggs' novella, Unappreciated Gifts, because I had zero interest in anything else in the anthology. If it wasn't for the fact that I am doing a complete Mercy Thompson World reread and went to Ms. Briggs' website to get the proper reading order, chances are I wouldn't have known anything about this particular short, which would have been a shame because I adore Asil.

Unappreciated Gifts is technically a Christmas story and as I mentioned in the opening paragraph, it features
Caitlin
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I've read the majority of these series, so it was fun visiting old friends. Mostly picked it up for the Asil story, which was fun--he gets sent on a blind date to a role play as vampire ball.
Werewolves and vampires don't get along, and it turns out there's a real one among all the pretenders. Drama ensues.
DemetraP
Mar 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The only short story I read was the Patricia Briggs "Unexpected Gifts" story about Asil, also known as the Moor, a werewolf from the Mercy Thompson series.

It was hilarious. An amazing story about Asil getting set up on a blind date without his knowledge by pack members who are worried about him. Asil's point of view is so funny.

Kathryn Baron
Jan 05, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
Loved the Patrica Briggs and Nina Kirki Hoffman stories. None of the rest were standouts.
Jen
This book should really be given five stars. It was and is a wonderful collection of holiday stories, and I thoroughly enjoyed ALL of them, laughing and crying in a couple. Even the ones that had me shaking my head in a sort of confused fog were fun to read. In fact, I'm going to go so far as to say that I want to now find the first volume of A Fantastic Holiday Season (A Fantastic Holiday Season: Volume 1) to read/buy, as I hope to buy this book. :-)

But. . . The editing really left a lot to be
Kathy
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alpha & Omega #3.5
A Fantastic Holiday Season Volume 2 - The Gift of Stories (Alpha & Omega #3.5) by Kevin J. Anderson A Fantastic Holiday Season: Volume 2 - The Gift of Stories by Kevin J. Anderson, Patricia Briggs Etc.

I bought this book because of the story in it by Patricia Briggs. I believe it would have been better if I had read this instead of listening to it. The narrator didn't do a very good job in my opinion, and mispronounced the main character's name throughout the entire story. After that I didn't bother listening to any of the other stories.

Read:
June 22, 2018 – Audible Audiob
Kevin
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it
I bought this for the Patricia Briggs and Mercedes Lackey stories but tried them all. Some were unreadable and some were pretty good. As always in an anthology, it's a mixed bag.
Naughty & Nice
This was a clever and enjoyable mystery concerning Santa's missing list. The zombie detective discovers another mystery and the two converge. Violence ensues, but Santa swoops to the rescue. It's by Kevin Anderson who wrote an amazing series which I read previously, the Saga of Seven Suns.
Close Knit
This con
Emily
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it
I absolutely ADORED the Patricia Briggs story at the end of this book. (That story is why I purchased the book.) Asil is one of my favorite characters and his story lived up to my expectations, with witty yet caring characters and action packed twists. This story absolutely will stand on its own and is independent of (but will fit almost anywhere in) the timeline associated with her books.

I was surprised by the names in this book and disappointed by most of it. A couple stories I enjoyed,
but, a
Dharia Scarab
Nice anthology, only a couple duds that seemed out of place.

3 stars... This book was ok, but I won't go out of my way to read more, But if I find anothe
Lorre
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I only read 2 stories in this anthology, Briggs' story because it's in the Alpha & Omega world and Maberry's story because I have him on my TBR list.

A Christmas Feast - Jonathan Maberry
It's about a 4 year old boy and his brother doing their best to survive in the zombie apocalypse. I liked the writing style and look forward to read Maberry's zombie series that's on my TBR list. 4 stars

Unappreciated Gifts (Alpha & Omega 3.5) - Patricia Briggs
I love Asil so having another story with him is fantast
Emily
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I only read the Patty Briggs story in this one, but maybe I’ll eventually loop back to this collection. I like to get a taste of different fantasy authors’ work, and collections like this give me a quick way to do it.

I hadn’t read “Unappreciated Gifts” before, and I’m always happy to hang with Asil. I’m intrigued who set him up on these dates, and I hope I’ll stumble across that tidbit as I continue my Mercyverse reread. Really fun story. Made me love Asil even more.
Melissa
Mar 26, 2015 marked it as read-part-of
I read Unappreciated Gifts by Patricia Briggs, a hilarious Asil (The Moor) short story. I can not wait to see how the other 4 dates go! LOL!
Katie
Nov 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Overall 2 stars. I'm glad I got it so I could read the Patricia Briggs short about Asil, but the rest didn't offer much.
farmwifetwo
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranoramal
The Briggs story only
Heather
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
But what better pleasure is there than a good holiday story? So open this winter solstice sampler and indulge in fully festive fantasies, nightmares before Christmas, and stunning space-age celebrations. These stories will warm hearts and minds like a blazing Yule log.
F
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Fantastic Hope
  • Hopcross Jilly #1-6 (Mercy Thompson)
  • Strange Brew
  • Shifting Shadows (Mercy Thompson #0.1, #0.5, #0.7, #0.9, #1.2, #1.8, #4.5, #5.5, #7.4, #8.5)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Homecoming (Mercy Thompson Graphic Novel)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3; Mercy Thompson World - Complete #9)
  • Magic Tests (Kate Daniels, #5.3)
  • Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega, #0.5)
  • How to Survive an Undead Honeymoon (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #8)
  • Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4, Mercy Thompson World - Complete #11)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Wolfsbane and Mistletoe
  • Hex Appeal
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2; Mercy Thompson World - Complete #3)
  • Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5; Mercy Thompson World - Complete, #15)
Yes, I have a lot of books, and if this is your first visit to my amazon author page, it can be a little overwhelming. If you are new to my work, let me recommend a few titles as good places to start. I love my Dan Shamble, Zombie P.I. series, humorous horror/mysteries, which begin with DEATH WARMED OVER. My steampunk fantasy adventures, CLOCKWORK ANGELS and CLOCKWORK LIVES, written with Neil Pear ...more

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)