Start by marking “Deception (The Demon Hunters, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deception (The Demon Hunters, #2)

Deception

(The Demon Hunters #2)

When Demons threaten Regency London, only a Lady can stop them.

Lillian Dellacourt is beautiful, refined and absolutely lethal. She’s also the most feared and merciless demon hunter in The Company. She’s come a long way from the penniless seamstress’s daughter sold to the highest bidder, and it wasn’t by trusting a man, let alone an exiled Marquis with more on his mind than
Published July 7th 2015 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Beth

The most lethal and merciless demon hunter, Lillian Dellacourt is about to face her biggest challenge of all, because all hell is about to break loose and she just might be the only thing standing between us and them.

Dorian Lambert was sent to keep his eye on Lillian but quickly finds himself neck deep in demons.

The attraction is electrifying, the action is non-stop and the suspense will have you biting your nails. Fenichel perfectly combines just the right amount of historical, romance and par
Hannah
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC REVIEW

I am really loving this series. I have had book one, Ascension, on my TBR list and when I saw this one up for review on NetGalley I grabbed it and read them both back to back. I love the Regency setting in a fantasy/paranormal type story; like a Regency Urban Fantasy. It was done well not flawlessly but I liked how Fenichel worked it. Ascension was a great first book a great introduction. Deception was really good as well Lillian is absolutely awesome. When I get around to making my S
Sabine Priestley
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great regency romp by Fenichel. Hot and steamy with loads of nail biting action, just the way I like it!  Loved the interplay between the two MCs and watching Lillian give in to her true heart's desire was such fun.
Sofia Lazaridou
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
Urban fantasy and historical romance are not two genres that can be easily combined. Unfortunately, in this case this match didn't work out as well as it could have been. I feel that this book would have been great if it was set in 2015 and not some time in the past. Honestly, I like my historical romance a little (or a lot) more history. I wouldn't have accepted the invitation to read and review this book if I knew that it had demons in it.

I started this book to get my HR fix and now I feel mo
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mixing and matching genres is a tricky business and A.S. Fenichel did so like a pro in her novel Deception! The second book in her Demon Hunters series Regency England / Scotland meets the paranormal and are joined together by sizzling romance. Ms. Fenichel finds a way to put the actions of a modern woman in a period piece and carry it off! A great hero and interesting secondary cast complete this work. This was an enjoyable, fast moving adventure that kept me glued to my seat and the story!
*I r
Miriam
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
If my husband had read this before me he would've said, "This book is right up your alley, babe. It's got everything you love in action movies: ass-kicking, guts flying, death. You'll love it!"

Lillian is an amazing hunter. Fearless, loyal, deadly. She wields her blades with devastation and shows why is to be feared by those she hunts. But she also tends to just jump into situations instead of thinking them through. Not a bad thing, I think, as she seems to do her best thinking under pressure. Bu
Lisa
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free from Net Galley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

This is an interesting book because it is the mixture of two genres: paranormal and Regency Historical. Since I am usually not a paranormal lover ( I only read a few authors) and I have just started reading historicals, I had some qualms about this book.

However, when I met Lillian Dellacourt I knew this book was going to be good. Lillian seems very modern in her ways even though this books is a Regency.
Kim
Aug 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lillian Dellacourt lives in a time where a "lady" can't even show an ankle without people questioning ones reputation. She doesn't care much for that. She has been dependent on herself most of her life and likes it like that. Lillian has proven herself over and over as one of the best demon hunters in her area maybe even the world, she can take care of herself. When the situation throws her with an unlikely partner in Dorian Lambert she doesn't quite understand whats happening. She is attracted ...more
Julianne Redmon
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mystery, demons, betrayal, romance, battle to save all mankind...what more can you ask for?

The story was fast-paced and there was never a dull moment. I love the way the author blended battle with intellectual research and elements of the paranormal. Nothing seemed too far-fetched to me and everything was described in great detail. I could literally smell, hear, feel the same thing that the hunters did. You feel that you are seeing the world through their eyes instead of your normal everyday hum
Niki Driscoll
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
A unique concept that pairs a historical romance with a paranormal twist. When I first started reading this story I was unsure if I would like it, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was really quite good. I really liked that there was no distinction for the demon hunters, they recruited everyone,it did not mater if you were a woman, nobility or lower class. Lilly was a scarey lady, she could switch from lady to bad ass in a blink of an eye. I am fascinated with her clothing, I keep t ...more
Claudia
Interesting setting and I liked the story.

Review to come
Nancy
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read
Gloriamarie
Read this because I like the paranormal but this is really rather a silly story. I found the relationship between the hero and heroine quite unbelievable.

For some reason, I had no record of having read this previously and I find my opinion upon a second read was even worse than before. Ans because I had no record of having read it already, I went and purchased the other 2 volumes and what a waste of $2 that was.

What the discerning reader needs to know is that each of these stories is the exact s
Riley
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoy historical romance. I also like paranormal romance. When I can read one book and experience both genres, it's a good day! Deception by A.S. Fenichel is such a book.

Demons exist among humans in Scotland and England in the early 19th century. Unknown to most of the population, they live to worship their master and to bring him into this dimension. Luckily there are a few humans that bravely battle demons and work to ensure humanity stays safe. The Company was formed to protect humans from
Liana Smith Bautista | Will Read for Feels
* Rating: 4.5 Stars
* Originally published on book blog Will Read For Feels
* I received this book for free from Tasty Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

When I picked up book 1 in A.S. Fenichel’s Demon Hunters series, Ascension, I didn’t know what to expect, and I was blown away by the kickassery to be had in that one single novel. Which was why I was determined to get my hands on a copy of book 2, Deception.

When I
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

I think I need to start off with the cover of Deception, because I love it. I love the night setting and castle in the background, very beautiful and romantic. Yes, I wanted to read this story, because of the cover. When decided to read this I didn't realize it was a two in a series. Even though it has it on the cover, I was enthrall with rest of the cover that I didn't even notice. However, I persevere and tackled the story. Granted I was a little lost at the beginning
Stormi (BMReviewsohmy)
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first book in this series so I was really excited to get a hold of the second book. While I enjoyed the first one more I did enjoy this one. We first met Lillian in book one and she is one serious kick ass character. She is pretty awesome and uses these Sai blades to take down demons.

It starts off a little after the ending of the first one and Lilly is fired up about some things Lord Shafton has said. She doesn't trust him and wants to find out what he is hiding. Drake sends
Kimber Wheaton
Jul 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

Regency paranormals are relatively new to me... I think I've read one or two others and I have to say- I really enjoy the genre. Regency London and paranormal just seem to mesh so well. Deception had a nice mix of an intriguing plot with enjoyable characters in a fast-paced read.

I loved Lillian. Plain and simple- she rocked. She was comfortable in her own skin, in her choices. Sure she was one tough cookie when it came to f
Angie
Oct 29, 2014 rated it liked it
I received an ARC through NetGalley.

Deception is another exciting installment to this unique series! I didn't like it quite as much as the first book, but I still really enjoyed it. Belinda's friend Lillian is off on an information gathering mission. Dorian was tasked with following her and making sure anything important that she learns gets back to The Company. Of course, Lillian doesn't appreciate having tabs kept on her, but Dorian agrees to help with her mission. The two learn much more than
S.M. Lowry
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Disclaimer - I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Deception by A.S. Fenichel was an excellent novel. It was packed full of action, steamy romance, and of course, demons! I loved the characters every bit as much as I loved the plot. (This is the second of the series; however, it can be read as a standalone, which is how I read it.) I’m a sucker for a strong female character, and Lillian is a badass woman. The kind you definitely want to have with you if you’re in a fight with demon
Heidi
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was thrilled to learn that the second book in Fenichel's series was based on Lillian Dellacourt. This is the story of her evolution from a kickass demon hunter to being a woman in love and on a mission to save her man, and the rest of Scotland. Dorian Lambert has known forever that Lilly was the woman for him. He just hasn't been able to convince her of his intent. As the danger to them increases, so does the attraction and the love between them. Dorian isn't the partner she wanted, but he is ...more
Julie
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, demons
This is an exciting novel which is thrilling, action packed and full with deadly demons, and the heroine in the story, Lillian Dellacourt, is the beautiful but fearless, kickass, hunter, you don't want to mess with. Dorian Lambert has been ordered to keep an eye on her, and they become a team fighting the demon uprising, he also finds himself drawn even more to the fiery, independent beauty he's wanted as his own.

Lillian and Dorian made a great team, Dorian still worried about Lillian in a battl
Chris
★★★

The Earl of Shafton has something to hide. Drake Cullum knows that his best hunter, Lillian Dellacourt, is going to find out what it is. Drake sends his assistant Dorian Lambert to follow her.

Dorian Lambert wants to follow Lillian and keep her. Will Lillian acquiesce or does she want to continue hunting demons forever? Evil is entering the world and both Lillian and Dorian have to join forces in order to stop its advance.

Good vs. evil in a Regency setting with a compelling love story. Does i
Christine Woinich
Jul 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book for an honest review. Lillian is a strong heroine. She is a great warrior and all acknowledge her skills. Her biggest weakness is her desire to keep from hurting the reputations of others. From the get go, Dorian knew what he wanted and that was Lillian. Despite all of her roadblocks, some of which caused him to think twice, Dorian worked his positive attitude and slowly broke through. This was a wonderful story, and I look forward to reading more of this series.
Renata
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
I wanted to love this book, but found I just couldn't. For the period it occurs in, the novel is very historically inaccurate. So to is the language and writing. In addition, the descriptions and visual imaginings are lacking. For a book with demons, the descriptions should have been awesome. The sex for me happened too quickly and lacked heat. Lillian and Dorian both felt like weak, flat characters.

*I received an advance copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review.
Tammy
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lillian is a Demon Hunter and a very good one. Dorian Lambert has been lusting after her for years and now is his chance to get close to her. As he tries to convince her they belong together they work to stop the Demon Master. Plenty of action and suspense. The chemistry between Lillian and Dorian is amazing. I really enjoyed this story.
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I normally wouldn't have read this novel. I liked the cover and the description intrigued me. A historical romance/demon hunter novel. I gave it a try and I was thrilled I read it. Please read my full review at my blog: http://letague.blogspot.com/2015/07/d...
Pam
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great book in this series, I adore Lilly as a heroine. Once I started this book, I was unable to put it down. Cannot wait for another book to come out!
Chelly
Jun 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
This story fell flat for me. I didn't realize at first that it was not the first in the series, so maybe I missed out in that regard, but I couldn't get into it. Too much telling for my taste.
Kerry Williams
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Wonderful second story in a series. I can't wait for the next one up. Would recommend to any of my friends
A.S. Fenichel (Andie) gave up a successful IT career in New York City to pursue her lifelong dream of being a professional writer. She's never looked back.

Andrea adores writing stories filled with love, passion, desire, magic and maybe a little mayhem tossed in for good measure. Books have always been her perfect escape and she still relishes diving into one and staying up all night to finish a g

The Demon Hunters (3 books)
  • Ascension (The Demon Hunters, #1)
  • Betrayal (The Demon Hunters, #3)