Start by marking “Truly Sweet (Sweet, Texas, #5)” as Want to Read:
Truly Sweet (Sweet, Texas, #5)

Truly Sweet

(Sweet, Texas #5)

Candis Terry returns to Sweet, Texas for the last time when former Marine Jake Wilder discovers how truly sweet love can be.

"When the one you've always wanted "

At sixteen, Annabelle Morgan hoped her crush on Jake Wilder was just a passing phase. Now she's twenty-nine and nothing has changed except Jake. The once-carefree marine has come home with a giant chip on his should
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published July 28th 2015 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Truly Sweet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truly Sweet

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

5 Sweet, Sweet, Texas Stars!

I've loved every book in this series and didn't want it to ever end, but Candis Terry did the Wilder family proud with this final story. I laughed, I sighed, I fanned myself, and I cried, and I will miss the people and the town of Sweet, Texas!

"...I deserve to be more than a one-night stand. More than just a cheerleader. More than just someone who pays the bills, cooks, and cleans. More than a doormat. I deserve to give myself to someone who’s willing to give himse
Saly
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great book to close out this sweet series. This time it is the youngest Wilder who gets his HEA with Annie, sister of the heroine from the 2nd book and a single mom. The heroine always had a terrific crush on the two year older hero but after having been walked on with a man who left her pregnant she is all about raising her son right. I really liked Annie, she was spunky, independent and sweet and didn't let the hero, discharged from the army wallow in his guilt and grief over the loss o ...more
Danielle (Love at First Page)
3.5-4 stars

Sweet, Texas by Candis Terry has become one of my favorite contemporary romance series. I can always count on her books to make me feel relaxed and happy. I love that they're not super angsty reads, and the small town vibe and genuine characters never fail to make me feel at home in their world. From the beginning I've been looking forward to Jake's story. He's the youngest Wilder and is finally home from the military. An injury and the death of his best friend has left him drowning,
☕ Kimberly
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
We met Jake and Annabelle in earlier books and I was delighted to get their stories. Annabelle Morgan returned home to Sweet down on her luck and pregnant. The town and Wilder family took her under their wing. She is working at the local diner and living in her sister’s home while she raises her son Max.

Jake was injured during a mission in Afghanistan that went terribly wrong. He had planned on a career with the Marines but his injury has changed all that. He is trying to put on a brave face for
Lisa Filipe
Talk about a roller coaster of emotions...Candis Terry near bout tore my heart to shreds with TRULY SWEET! Between the laughter and the tears, I found a beautifully written romance about healing and finding something/someone who makes you feel whole again. Jake and Annie really did a number on my heart!

I have to say first of all, to my contemporary readers, if you have not yet started the Sweet Texas series, you MUST get started today! Not that the stories get better and better, because they are
Beth
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What happens when Candis Terry combines a tough as nails, wounded marine with sweet single mom… you get an amazing, sweet and endearing romance to get utterly lost in.

From start to finish, the Sweet, Texas series has been a delightful journey. Truly Sweet is pure icing on this heartwarming proverbial cake!

Swoon worthy, emotionally engaging and completely realistic characters, Truly Sweet was the perfect contemporary romance read.

I received this ARC copy of Truly Sweet from Avon in exchange for a
Ami
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Truly Sweet is the last book from Candis Terry's Sweet, Texas series -- and this basically a story about returning home and making it there after life gets you down. Marine Lieutenant Jake Wilder returns to Sweet, Texas after being honorably discharged -- he suffered injuries from his last mission in Afghanistan, which killed his best friend, Eli. While single mother Abby Morgan is back in Sweet since his no-good boyfriend left her when she was pregnant with their baby. So in a way, both Jake an ...more
Jaime Arkin
I think this is absolutely my favorite story of the bunch. In the 5th book in the series, and the final one if I’m not mistaken, we’re finally introduced to the youngest Wilder in the bunch. Jake is back from the war with an honorable discharge and a some horrible survivors guilt weighing him down. Upon his return, he’s faced with the fact that he isn’t quite sure what he wants to do with his life.

Annie has had a crush on Jake for ages… but he was unattainable in high school and now that he’s b
Terri
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
Review also found at http://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/2...

**I received an advanced copy of this book from the publisher Avon via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication date is July 28th 2015**

This is the second book in this series that I have read and I must admit that I have not read it in order. I read the third book Something Sweeter and then this one which is the fifth book (with a few novellas thrown in between). These stories can be read as stand
Ann Lorz
I don't often give 5 stars to the books I read. So for me this book brought me all of what I want in a romance and series. Stop by my blog to learn more of what I thought of Truly Sweet.

Jessica
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, reviewed
I have so much love for this series and finishing it was a very bittersweet moment for me. Candis Terry has created such a beautiful series that is filled with heart and soul. I have fallen in love with the Wilder clan and their significant others and friends. I am so pleased with the way all of the storylines have been resolved as there were a few that spanned a few books. I was hoping Annie would be the one to wrangle Jake's heart and sure enough, she was!

I really enjoyed this story, but I hav
Nancy Stopper
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
In this final book in the Sweet, Texas series, we see the wonderful dynamic in the relationship between Annie and Jake. They had been buddies growing up, Annie's like the little sister he didn't have. But Annie has been nursing feelings for Jake for years, and the fear over his injuries really solidifies her feelings in her mind - she decides that she's not going to let her fear of rejection keep her from letting Jake know how she feels - she realizes that life is too short for those types of fe ...more
Rob.C. Rob.C.
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous small-town romance featuring a super handsome and super sweet ex-Marine, a strong heroine, a cute toddler and fantastic side characters - including an adorable dog!
There is romance, there is laughter, there are tear-jerking moments and there are hot scenes. This book is the perfect mix of all the elements of a good romance book, perfectly delivered by an expert writer's mind.
Just like the other books, there are parts in the book that are definitely not sweet (they actually get kinda ste
Kirke
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: soldier, review
War changes a man, and this wasn’t any different for Jake Wilder. After being honorably discharged he’s back in Sweet, Texas trying to figure out what to do with his life. While his family and friends are all settling down and popping out babies, Jake feels that he shouldn’t hope for a future like that. He’s plagued with guilt after his best friend dies, and Eli will never have the chance to meet his son.

Though things definitely complicates when he runs into Annabelle Morgan. She is not the girl
Veronica
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Jake returns home after an honourable discharge from the marines. He is struggling to deal with the death of his best friend in an incident that saw him injured. Annie is a single Mum who has been in love with Jake since she was a teenager. Now, for the first time, Jake actually notices that Annie is a woman.

Truly Sweet is aptly named. This is such a feel good romance. We get to watch two really good people come together. An
Cathy
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Truly Sweet" is just that...Truly Sweet! I adored both main characters - Annie - a single mom working to survive and who has had a crush on Jake for forever. And Jake, a wounded Marine - both physically and emotionally. At times, I just wanted to smack Jake in the back of the head as he would frustrate me a bit, but realized he had his reasons. Annie was a doll. They are exactly what the other one needs. I enjoy stories of the heroine saving the Hero, but not in the traditional way. Ms. Terry h ...more
Christine Mize
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Truly Sweet is the phenomenal ending to the incredible Sweet, Texas series - and the best was definitely saved for last. This story grabbed me from the very first paragraph and never let go until the very final words, making me laugh in places and cry in others. I fell in love with both Jake and Annie. Jake is the perfect Alpha hero, a little battered and bruised but finding his way back to himself after a hell of a ride. Annie is the perfect heroine - sweet and sassy, someone who can give as go ...more
Stacee
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
This one was super cute.

The first thing I noticed was that Annie wasn't a pushover. Sure, she loved Jake and ultimately wanted to be with him, but she stood up for herself and didn't let him treat her like a one night stand. She knew what she wanted and wouldn't accept less and I LOVED her for that.

The rest of the story is seemingly inconsequential. It's a predicable plot with a HEA, but it was absolutely enjoyable. Loved seeing little glimpses of the former couples as well.

**Huge thanks to A
Amy
Jul 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly happy finish to a wonderful series. Review coming soon!
Isadora Moraes
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: wishlist
3.25
Blackravens Reviews
Blackraven's Review:

I have become a huge fan of Candis Terry's Sweet, Texas series. The final book, Truly Sweet was the perfect ending to the series. Ms. Terry did a beautiful job of wrapping up the series. Jake and Annie quickly won me over. I loved that Truly Sweet dealt with survivor's guilt, family, friendships, love from afar, and forgiveness. Read More. . . http://www.blackravensreviews.com/aut...
Jennesa
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jake and Annie, Candis saves the best for last. The Wilder family has been the best family to read about for me in awhile. The characters are written so well that it feels like you are living with them in their lives. I'm so sad that the Sweet Texas series is over but I cannot wait to keep reading books that Candis writes.
Tina Jenkins
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful ending to an amazing series

I absolutely loved every book in this series. This one was so emotionally beautiful what a wonderful ending to this series. I am so bummed that there aren't anymore. What will I read next?
Kayla
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This book was... truly sweet! See what I did there? Such a sweet, southern read.
Susan
Jan 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Terrific ending to the Sweet, Texas series. This is the story of Jake, the youngest of the Wilder boys. Like his brothers before him, Jake joined the Marines and expected to make a career of it. Instead, he was injured in a mission that went wrong, losing his best friend in the same battle. Now he's home, trying to pick up the pieces of his life, but sinking under the crushing guilt he feels over his friend's death. The last thing he expects is to start seeing his old friend Annie as the beautif ...more
Mignon Mykel
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Received a copy of the title through Tasty Book Tours, from publisher, in exchange for an honest review. Full, original post can be found at:

I have loved every moment of this series. Well, the couple full length and novellas I've been able to read (no worries, all the others are in my possession and I'm excited for the day I can pick them up! Soon, I hope).

The Wilder clan is one to fall in love with, there is no doubt about it. I have to say, though, it's
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
Who doesn’t love a determined woman, especially when combined with sweetness and sass?

Annie Morgan has been in love with Jake Wilder since she was sixteen but unfortunately for her, he’s never noticed her as more than a mouthy, sassy younger friend of the family. Now he’s back home after an injury ended his career with the Marines, he better watch out because she has plans for him.
Back home after an injury sidelines his Marine career and feeling guilty over the loss of his men in Afghanistan, al
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I might've been late to the party that is Candis Terry's Sweet, Texas series, but I fell for this series hard and fast. I loved the small-town setting and the cast of characters. I'll definitely credit this series with my foray into the world of mass market paperback adult contemporary romance. I'm totally addicted now.

After four books and a novella about the Wilder boys and the town of Sweet, Texas, I was SO VERY READY for Jake's story. I'm a s
Maria Rose
In this emotionally touching romance, Jake has returned home from the war with his heart and his body broken after his best friend died on a mission, a death he feels personally responsible for. Being home is therefore bittersweet as he tries to adjust to 'normal life' once again. And that life includes Annie, a single mom now who he's been friends with for years but lost that closeness that they shared as pre-teens when high school took him and his friends on to new pursuits, and the marines ca ...more
Once Upon a Romance Reviews
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars
Sexual Content: Subtle/Sensual
Language (Profanity/Slang) Content: None
Violent Content: None

Annabelle (Annie) Morgan has had a crush on Jake Wilder since she was 16. Now at 29, you think she would have moved on…but she hasn’t. He still makes her heart beat a little faster. Jake came back from the Marines with a hitch in his giddy up and a chip the size of Texas on his shoulder. He insists a single mom like Annie deserves better than a washed up Marine.

His mouth might be saying no, but
  • Best Worst Mistake (Brightwater, #3)
  • Confessions of a Secret Admirer: A Valentine's Day Anthology
  • A Promise at Bluebell Hill (Valentine Valley, #4)
  • You're Still the One (Ribbon Ridge, #6)
  • The Christmas Cookie Collection (Twilight, Texas, #4.1)
  • I Need a Hero (Men in Uniform, #0.5)
  • The Wedding Gift (Save the Date, #3.5)
  • Dirty Deeds (Mechanics of Love, #3)
  • In the Mood for Love (Cupcake Lovers, #4)
  • And Then Forever (Fortune's Island, #1)
  • The Bride Wore Starlight (Seven Brides for Seven Cowboys, #3)
  • Even Vampires Get the Blues (Deadly Angels, #6)
  • The Night Belongs to Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #6)
  • Burning Bright: Four Chanukah Love Stories
  • A Reason to Love (Snowberry Creek, #3)

Sweet, Texas (6 books)
  • Anything but Sweet (Sweet, Texas, #1)
  • Sweetest Mistake (Sweet, Texas, #2)
  • Something Sweeter (Sweet, Texas, #3)
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • Sweet Surprise (Sweet, Texas, #4)
“So..." Her shoulders lifted and dropped. "What? You're going to let that walking cane snuff out the eternally grinning smart-ass that loves inside you?” 0 likes
“She blew out a sigh. "Guess there's not denying I've always had a crazy thing for him."
Crazy as in he's so gorgeous you want to jump his bones? Or crazy as in you could see yourself spending the rest of your life with him?”
0 likes