Start by marking “The Whisky Affair” as Want to Read:
The Whisky Affair

The Whisky Affair

(Raymond Armstrong #1)

The Isle of Bute distillery was fast becoming one of the most popular in the world, Thanks in part to the new pun on all the social media networks – “What a Beaut”.

Raymond Armstrong, is enjoying his retirement when he hears of the news. Gordon Reid, the owner of Bute distillery is a lifelong friend. Raymond immediately visits the island to join his best friend
Published October 16th 2014 by Michael J Gill (first published October 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Whisky Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Whisky Affair

Start your review of The Whisky Affair
Debra Elliott
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow - what a switch from Tight Spiral and Double Option. Suspense, murder with a great cast of characters. Loved the bad guys... This book left me wanting to hop on a plane and check out the Isle of Butte. The author has excellent knowledge of whisky and the ins and outs of the industry. I could almost taste the whisky as I sat by the fire with my 3 cats and a winter storm brewing outside. Highly recommended.
Michael Gill
Oct 22, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Whisky Affair is 80% fiction with 20% fact. I have worked in the whisky and fine wine industry for over 20 years. With my knowledge of Scotch whisky and my love for writing fast paced suspense and romance novels, I hope you enjoy the story.
The Whisky Affair is the first in a series with my main character - Raymond Armstrong who made a cameo appearance in Tight Spiral, my fist novel. Raymond is retired now from MI 6, with a love for single malt whisky and formed a company to continue offerin
Michael Gill
Oct 21, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
First review:
Mike Gill has woven a together an engaging mystery that centers on the international trade that is the whisky industry.

The story is international in scope spanning two continents and large cities such as Toronto and Las Vegas while at the same time very local, focusing on smaller towns and villages including life centered around a small distillery on the Isle of Bute in Scotland.

Throughout the book the story there are frequent references to places, restauran
Pam Mooney
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the combination of whiskey and mystery! The story was well written and compelling and I loved the travel/settings that helped paint the picture. I became engrossed immediately and made me try to think ahead and figure things out. I enjoyed the strength of the character Raymond Armstrong and the bad guys that are worthy opponents. A good read.
Teri Peterson
Jan 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: scotland, 2019
This book was so poorly written—stilted speech, poor transitions, no sense of flow—that it was almost impossible to read, but I pushed through. I was sad I had done so because the story went nowhere.
Stacy Litz
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow -- this book is great for any whisky fan who wants to take it to a new level and get involved in the fictional possibilities of the whisky business -- or should I say risky business! The whisky puns are easy to come by in real life and also in this book, which always make me chuckle. There are great characters in this tale and you can really see their personalities through the words -- especially the distinction of good and evil! But yes, what honestly stuck out to me the most was the whisky ...more
Kaylee
R J Mckay
Mary
Debbie Carnes
Dec 24, 2014
Born in Yorkshire, England, Michael was involved in an almost fatal accident when he was 17 years old. After days in a coma, over a year in the hospital, that day changed his life for-ever. Fate, destiny, life's journey are always forefront in his mind.

After years of writing articles and non-fiction, Michael turned to contemporary fiction writing in 2012.

His first book "Tight Spiral"

Raymond Armstrong (2 books)
  • The Shackleton Affair