Start by marking “Deadlines: A Written to Death Mystery Book 1” as Want to Read:
Deadlines: A Written to Death Mystery Book 1

Deadlines: A Written to Death Mystery Book 1

3.29  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Ainsley Moss never thought she’d become a representative for the dead. But as a newbie obituary writer for the Aurora Fall’s Guardian, she gets a sneak peek at her new profession. Her ex-best friend and rival newspaper worker turns up blue and stiff as a board in the women’s bathroom—after they’ve had a less than civil confrontation.

Ainsley’s in the habit of memorializing
ebook
Published October 30th 2014 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Deadlines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadlines

LORI CASWELL
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015

Dollycas’s Thoughts

First I have to say Ainsley’s mother is super domineering and she is the one that sent her daughter’s into this mess. :) Ainsley returns to Aurora Falls and her mother not only has arranged for job at the local newspaper but also set it up so she becomes her ex-boyfriend’s tenant. She is at her “interview” and she runs into ex-best friend who she then finds dead.

The characters in this story cozy worthy quirky. Ainsley’s mother would drive me out of the house too. Then there ar
Alyssa White
When I first started to read this book I was excited, but then my excitement dropped. This book was not the book for me, but as a reader who got this book in return for a review I had to finish it. The author has a great way of overlaying the details to the characters so much that coming up with a visual depiction is easy. I do think this book needs great improvement and with that it would be a good read. I really liked the last 20% off the book and how everything was working together and the en ...more
Marlene
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-girl-reads
Ainsley Moss gets a job writing obituaries and is the prime suspect in the murder of a frenemy.

Review at Cozy Girl Reads
LovesAllThingsBooks Book Reviews
I loved this book. I was thoroughly pleased to find that there was not an over abundance of language. It's refreshing to find a book that doesn't have the "F" word written multiple times on each page. This book kept my interest from beginning to end. It had me on the edge of my seat a good portion through. My only complaint is that I wanted more of an ending, a little more of a closing between Ainsley and Gage.

This is definitely a must read if you love mystery.

The story follows Ainsley. She move
Jaime
Nov 02, 2014 rated it liked it
I was gifted this book by a friend who is a author and was trying to help a fellow author out by gaining honest reviews. The book started off a bit slow for me and went into more detail then needed but toward the end it got better & interesting! I loved the obituaries included at the end! If there is a sequel I think having more of the main characters actual job mentioned would make it more interesting, like having obituaries throughout the story! I would give a 2nd book a try!
Becky
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: cozy-mystery, ebooks
I received this book free for an exchange for a review.

I thought the book sounded really good but it wasn't really for me. Too much detail and several parts dragged on. I had a hard time getting into the story which made it a slow read. This is a new author and I believe with some work to her writing style she could be great.
Dec 30, 2014
Jun 07, 2018
Zenetta
Apr 10, 2015
Steph
rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2017
Oct 30, 2014
Mar 02, 2015
Pamela Richard
Mar 09, 2015
E. Hepner is the cozy mystery pen name of erotica and erotic romance author Elise Hepner. She writes small town heroines with an alternative edge put in big time situations where death, hijinks, and overall shenanigans ensue on a daily basis. Also a little romance--which they may or may not be ready for, given the pile up of dead bodies.

Some of her favorite cozies are ones by Kate Carlisle, Ali Br