Start by marking “Bled White (Awake in the Dark, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bled White (Awake in the Dark, #2)

Bled White

(Awake in the Dark #2)

The Jeff Grobnagger saga continues.

Bled White is book 2 in the epic 5 volume series.

Grobnagger's journey takes yet another twist when a burned corpse sporting a League of Light robe turns up in a vacant lot. Now he just has to solve a murder, find Glenn, save Amity, patch things up with Louise and figure out what the hell is happening to him. Should be a piece of cake.
Published October 20th 2014 by Smarmy Press

To ask other readers questions about Bled White, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bled White

Start your review of Bled White (Awake in the Dark, #2)
J.L. Dobias
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelf-001
Bled White by Tim McBain and L.T. Vargus

This book will go on my love/hate list. You will either love this or hate it. The first book was really good as an introduction but the finishing style of cliffhanger-ish ending begins that love-hate relationship. I'm not certain how many books will be done in all for this series, but I do have some friends who steer clear of any that look to be going past 3 with the pattern described by the plots and endings of the first two books. I had just a bit of
D. George
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my review for Book 1:
"Enjoyed what was there -- it's only what is *not* there that prevents me from giving it a fifth star. What's missing is an ending -- I know, it's the first book in a series, so there's plenty more to come, but it just felt incomplete to me.
But I'd rather focus on what IS there -- it's captivating, intriguing, intelligent, and EXTREMELY funny. Looking forward to reading the next installment." -- and that's pretty much exactly how I feel about this one. It's
Melanie Foxfire
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! I really like how the protagonist talks exactly like your best friend would talk to you in private. It feels so natural. Honestly, it's hard to find such realistic dialogue in books. Most of the time I feel like the characters are talking like characters in books, but this feels like how real people talk. If that makes sense. And also there's supernatural stuff and murders and cults and love and mysteries and lots of soul-searching and whatnot. Fun read. Worth your time.
Nancy Silk
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
"The Faded Netherworld"

This is book 2 of a paranormal 5-book series. Jeff Grobnagger wants solitude, but he needs to continue his journey to find out what is happening to him and why. He soon finds a burned corpse in a vacant lot. He tries to solve the murder and learns more from his frequent seizures. He meets new people in new places on the other side. An eerie yet amazing and intriguing story.
Barb
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-in-2018
This was pretty trippy. The writing was enjoyable though. Many lines surprised me and/or made me chuckle. It's like the main character's amusing inner dialogue with not a lot left out.
Bridgette
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
The dedication for persistent poop talk really warms my soul.
Jennifer Tooker
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it

Bled White continues Jeff Grobnaggers story immediately after the close of Fade to Black. Waking up in a strange sort of prison after having been kidnapped by Rison Farber, Jeff tries to come to grips with the events of the past few days. Who is this Riston Farber guy? Why did he abduct him and why does he apparently want him dead? Things get weirder when Ms. Babinaux releases him and then he discovers Farber, burned to a crisp in the middle of nowhere.

So, now the guy who imprisoned him has
Charles Ray
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
If youve read book one in the Awake in the Dark series, you will probably not be confused by the opening to book two, Bled White, by Tim McBain and L.T. Vargus. Our hero, Jeff Grobnagger, wakes up in a strange place with fuzzy memoriesokay, Im cool with that, I suppose, although, it wouldve been nice to have at least an inkling of an idea how he got there.
As the story moves along, we learn that Jeffs friend, Glenn, is missing; only later do we learn that hes missing in some kind of other
Carolyn Injoy
Apr 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: readers of paranormal, introspective, dark humor
Recommended to Carolyn by: Amazon
Bled White, Awake in the Dark #2 by Tim McBain & L.T. Vargas Bled White, Awake in the Dark #2 by Tim McBain & L.T. Vargas published by Smarmy Press is the second book in the series.

I would strongly suggest reading Fade to Black (Awake in the Dark Book 1) first. However, Bled White with some exceptions can be read as a stand alone story.

"The walls are pale around me like sickly skin never touched by the sun.  It's not just the walls though.  The floor, the bars, the blanket, the
eden Hudson
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Like Fade to Black, the places Bled White really shined for me were Grobnaggers moments of heartbreaking vulnerability. Grobs is an awesome narrator. Hes hilarious, hes making a self-effacing joke, a wry observation about farmers markets or the use of the word "bro," doing the nonchalant shrug, then BAM!hes twisting the knife in your chest just by eating pickles or sitting on the couch in the dark. Grobnagger is trying to grow and change, but his fear of rejection and abandonment just keeps ...more
JB
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Bled White is book 2 in the series and you really, really should read book 1 before reading or you will be completely lost on what is going on/happening. Jeff Grobnagger is one of those guys that you could completely overlook in a crowded room, but you shouldn't. There is more going on with him than is visible with the naked eye. "That all of your identity, your imagination and thoughts and dreams, that spark divine madness that makes each of us unique...". In book 1 he had seizures that took ...more
Elizabeth Robbins
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God! This was one of the greatest friggin books I've ever read! Seriously, I'm not just gushing. Totally cerebral, scary, and amazing, this story needs to get finished so I can read the rest! I called my older brother last night at 9:30 in the evening to tell him to read this series! That is a HUGE thing for me. I read 2-3 books per day , usually, and this book took me 2 days to finish! I had to keep putting it down to contemplate.... It's like this was written about me, which threw me off ...more
Lisa Sandberg
Jun 26, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 out of 5 stars.

I liked this book, but it was a bit slower than the first one. I like where the storyline is going and how the ending makes you want to keep reading the series. Jeff sure gets himself into some predicaments. I will continues reading the series to find out what else he can get into.

You can also follow my reviews at the following links:
Lana
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Poor Jeff Grobnagger. Poor guy just wants to be left alone and hang out with his girl. But nothing is ever that easy, is it.

This was another book that just messed with my head. I loved it.

This time Grobs inserts himself into the world of the cult from book 1. He just wants to know why they are targeting him and why he is having the experiences he is. Bad idea. When you don't know who to trust and are getting conflicting information, it is easy to make mistakes.

This book pulled my feelings in so
GC MacQuarie
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bled White is the second instalment of the Awake in the Dark series. Book 1 was clever, witty and laugh out loud funny.

Book 2 is just as good.

I love this guy. I love the crap out of this sugar addicted hero. Grobs is turning out to be one of my favourite fictional characters. He's just got something. A reclusive personality that comes to life. A fear of abandonment, and an apprehension to admit it.

Read my full review here: http://gcmacquarie.weebly.com/reviews...
Heather
Oct 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
In Bled White, Tim McBain and L.T. Vargus continue to convey an unmistakable voice and unique story. This sequel couldnt be considered a stand-alone; knowledge of Fade to Black is a must. As with all of these authors works, the characters are vivid and memorable. The plot has just enough intrigue to keep the reader engaged and wanting more at all times. The only downfall to Bled White is that some of the descriptions seem over-the-top and unnecessary; this can bog down the writing at times. ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bled White is the second book in a five book series. Grobnaggers journey takes another twist when a burned body turns up in a vacant lot wearing a league of justice robe. It is up to Grobnagger to solve the murder.Bled White is more heart wrenching and fun than Fade to Black. Bled White builds on the previous book. I usually don't like to read series's but i,m hooked on this one.
Dawn Myers
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Okay I love this book, it keeps me wondering what is going to happen to Jeff next. I'm not sure what is going on. It seems to me Jeff is trying to find something to believe in, but I'm not sure. This is not for everyone, because there is a lot of dreaming. I like this book, but I'm not sure why. I'm hoping I will get answers when the series is over.
Audrey
Jul 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Better than the first book, actually curious now. The self-loathing is still present, supporting characters are still lacking in depth, and the awful humor is still present, BUT, the story line is picking up so there's hope yet!
Michael
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Very difficult to put down! I hate cliffhanger endings! I wish that the whole series was available now!
Sue
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series!
Joshua Dancer
Apr 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Lacks the energy of the first book, which made it feel like a longer read than it actually is. But overall, it wasn't bad, and I'm invested in seeing where the story goes.
India
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant & what a cliff hanger.
Franklin
Jul 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I am still not sure I understand anything that is going on in this series but I like it and look forward to reading how the authors close it all up.
Frank
Jul 10, 2018
Nathan Smith
Apr 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Beyond Good & Evil (A Victor Loshak Thriller #1)
  • Five Days Post Mortem (Violet Darger, #5)
  • What Lies Beneath (A Victor Loshak Thriller #2)
  • Killing Season (Violet Darger #2)
  • Bad Blood (Violet Darger, #4)
  • The Girl in the Sand (Violet Darger #3)
  • Take Warning: A Victor Loshak Novella
  • Night on Fire (Violet Darger FBI Thriller Book 6)
  • The Scattered and the Dead Book 2.6
  • Dead End Girl (Violet Darger #1)
  • Casting Shadows Everywhere
  • The Last Victim (Violet Darger #2.5)
  • Into the Abyss: A Violet Darger Novella
  • Amber Alert (Chase Adams #4)
  • The Good Life Crisis (A Victor Loshak Thriller #1.5)
  • In the Darkness (Zoe Bentley Mystery, #2)
  • Spider's Web (Glenmore Park Mystery, #1)
  • Bad Memory (Jessica Shaw, #2)

Awake in the Dark (5 books)
  • Fade to Black (Awake in the Dark, #1)
  • Red on the Inside (Awake in the Dark, #3)
  • Back in Black (Awake in the Dark, #4)
  • Beyond the Blue (Awake in the Dark Book 5)