Start by marking “Coincidence” as Want to Read:
Coincidence

Coincidence

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
As she penned the last word of her poem her brother leaped off the bed. “The secret bell,” he whispered, face ashen. “Hide!”
She slid open the trap door in the false bedframe and quickly crawled in. He crouched next to the bed and handed her the warm blanket he had been lying on. She grabbed it and scooted over the rough planks. The box’s narrow space was like a coffin–suff
ebook, 1, 272 pages
Published November 20th 2014 by Snowy Peaks Media

To ask other readers questions about Coincidence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coincidence

Alice M
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: general audience, also fans of historical mysteries and family history research
MY REVIEW:
4.5 Stars out of 5

REVIEW TITLE:
“AN INTRIGUING INTERNATIONAL HISTORICAL MYSTERY”

REVIEW CONTENT:
STORY SYNOPSIS:
Protagonist Annaliese VanLuyk is in Holland, the tulip capital of the world, to further her education through a Master’s exchange program at Wageningen University, specifically, the Plant Research International program (PRI). Having come from Colorado University, she remains in contact with her state-side mother on matters related to her acceptance into the study exchange progra
betty dykshoorn
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh what a treat

I loved this book. Having parents who lived through WWW 2this be in back stories that they and my grandparents shared with us kids.

Norma
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

A historical, genealogical mystery, this book is set in Holland during World War II. Is is clear that the author did her research. I learned, in a pleasant way, about that era in Holland's history.

The book is two stories in one, a modern day romance and a family history mystery. Both stories were delightful and the transition between the two worked well. It is tied together as well by the family link of Annaliese and her great aunt.
Emily
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this as an ARC received in exchange for an honest review. It's a historical mystery that moves between the present, where the main character Annaliese is drawn into trying to solve her family secrets, and the past where the mystery unfolds. The mystery is interesting, and there's a sweet romance woven through it. Unlike some of these past/present type stories, I didn't find either story line dull or obnoxious. I also learned a little more about the Dutch during World War II. The book has ...more
Arielle
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Coincidence is a five star read for sure. Annaliese was a fun character to follow. We travel with her to Holland to study flowers, which makes for a very unique setting. On top of school, friends, and romance, Annaliese takes on a challenge to uncover the stories of her ancestors. The setting switches back and forth between modern day Holland and WWII, where we meet more characters, live their challenges, and witness their heroics. Coincidence is a fun read with memorable characters and a one of ...more
Kent Vance
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book and enjoyed every moment of the experience. The characters are as colorful as the jacket of the book. Each page presents interesting historical information woven into a tapestry of emotion and mystery. I would recommend the book very highly and look forward to a thorough re-read.
Kent Vance
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book was a pleasure. It is set present holland Holland and in the war torn past of WWII. The characters are colorful and complex. Each chapter weaves past and present into a beautiful tapestry of facts, intrigue and emotion. I enjoyed the time spent reading and am anxious to once explore the pages of this wonderful book.
Emily
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a fun book. I loved the characters and loved the family history story. Miracles do happen in family history. I love to read good clean love stories.
Lena F Gassner
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read

Entertaining, interesting a kind of mystery and suspense without the violence sometimes associated with them. I recommend it to anyone no matter what age.
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading the ARC of this book. The story line is fresh and the characters are relate able. I especially loved the close of the story. It is definitely a book you have to finish.
Michelle Christensen
This book was a great first-published book. I really enjoyed the WWII history and the family history connection. The writing style was a bit unnatural.
Cortney Pearson
Dec 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A romantic search for her ancestor's past

This was a romantic read with a devoted main character. I loved her determination to set things right with Anna. Great story!
Nancy
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very good novel set in the present and during WW2 in the Netherlands.
Suzie
Randy
Mar 04, 2017
Jamie Steadman
Jul 25, 2017
I wasn't interested in writing until later in my life, but thinking back to my childhood, I named everything I liked so I guess it's fitting that I now give names to characters in stories. The problem now is I have too many ideas and not enough time in the day. I'm a mother of four beautiful children, who are growing up much too fast. I'm married to the best guy in the world! We live in Northern U ...more
More about Danette J. Hansen

• The Falls (P.S.)
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pieces
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Held Captive (A Lone Star Hero's Love Story)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Girl Who Came Home
    $11.99 $1.99
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles, #1)
  • In the Name of the Family
  • A Map of the World
    $14.99 $2.99
  • Chemistry Lessons
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)