Start by marking “Wolf Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolf Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court, #1)

Wolf Bride

(Lust in the Tudor Court #1)

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  795 Ratings  ·  197 Reviews
Hilary Mantel meets Sylvia Day: the first installment in a deliciously erotic trilogy, set against the sumptuous backdrop of the scandal-ridden Tudor Court by Elizabeth Moss.

BOUND TO HIM AGAINST HER WILL...
Lord Wolf, hardened soldier and expert lover, has come to King Henry VIII's court to claim his new bride: a girl who has intrigued him since he first saw her riding acro
Published May 5th 2015 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published August 29th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wolf Bride, please sign up.
Elizabeth Moss Volontiers, Ginette! Voilà ...

Splendeurs et adultère à la cour des Tudors...

Demoiselle d’honneur de la reine Anne Boleyn, Eloise Tyrell espère pouvoir…more
Volontiers, Ginette! Voilà ...

Splendeurs et adultère à la cour des Tudors...

Demoiselle d’honneur de la reine Anne Boleyn, Eloise Tyrell espère pouvoir un jour se marier selon son cœur. Lord Wolf, un soldat endurci, intrigué depuis l’enfance par Eloise, se présente à la cour du roi Henry VIII avec le projet de l’épouser. Elle est alors désemparée de se trouver promise à ce guerrier qu’elle connaît à peine. Mais d’un seul baiser, Wolf éveille en elle un désir qui la terrifie, car la cour d’Angleterre se trouve plongée au cœur d’un scandale qui montre à Eloise quel sort funeste attend une femme dont un mari se lasse...

« 50 nuances de sensualité façon Tudor. » The Sunday Times(less)

Sammy Loves Books
This book was a Hot Historical Romance!!!

"Your body is so beautiful, and your innocence so alluring. I would have to be a saint to keep my hands off you any longer, and heaven help me, I've always been more sinner than saint."

Lord Wolf

gif

Lord Wolf has spent his life fighting for the king. He has the scars and the muscles to prove it! He is now ready to settle down, but refuses to marry just anyone. He has had his eye on Eloise Tyrell since first seeing her.

"Eloise, you want this consummation as mu
Sandy ღCoffee Addict Booksღ

***3.75 scorching stars***

Set in an era where loving and being loved was believed to be just fantasy, where men dominated the society and woman were considered as a possession, a source of pleasure and their only purpose is to produce an heir. And there’s Eloise Tyrell one of the queen Anne Boleyn’s maid, who is determined to marry for love and submit here body to the one who loves her. All her dreams come crumbling down when her father decides to marry her to a solider of King Henry VIII, Lord
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: lust, passion, intrigue, treason, love.

I was extremely sceptical when I started this - I didn't think it'd be my cup of tea. At all. But it has a pretty cover and I'd read some amazing reviews so I thought I'd give it a go. So I shadow read it a little. Or rather, I shadow read it to the 50% mark.

And I was pleasantly surprised.

So up it went on my Currently Reading for all to see.

I'm not sure about the whole "Fifty Shades of Tudor Sex" thing, this does not compare at all to Fifty Shades
WhiskeyintheJar/Kyraryker
I'm glad I hung in there for the Anne Boleyn beheading scene (roughly 70-80% in) because it was done really well and the sense of history had my nerdy self jonesing.

The rest, well, umm, do you like nipples (this is extremely important here), amazingly dumb bratty heroines, and heroes without first names who call themselves rapists but aren't...sort of...kind of...not? This was also billed as erotic but honestly, I've gotten more out of a well baked chocolate chip cookie.

I really was going to wri
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: lust, passion, intrigue, treason, love.

Do you know something? I read this last year as an ARC and I loved it so much I went out and bought a copy and gushed about it EVERYWHERE! So if you haven't picked it up yet get yourself a copy. And ignore the big red sticker thing on the front. Unless that's your sort of thing.

This book is fabulously passionate. The characters just click in the most delicious and addictive away, and the sumptuous and tense setting of the Tudor Court just adds to i
Ellen Gail
I'd give this book a shrug, but that would mean putting in the effort to actually move my shoulders and I don't really feel like it at the moment. Wolf Bride really wasn't bad, but I can't say I got much out of it. There's just nothing to say about it.

It mostly made me miss The Tudors. Natalie Dormer is a national treasure.

Bj
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 "The Truth & Lies About Innocence" Stars! Having been an ardent fan of The Tudors Showtime Series, and just generally of accounts surrounding the historical period during King Henry VIII's reign, I took one look at the blurb for the Wolf Bride, and just knew I had to read it. While most accounts of this period center around the principal players themselves, the Wolf Bride provides an interesting glimpse of what these history altering events may have seemed like via the eyes of less famous ...more
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
~Arc provided by Netgalley in exchange for honest review~

One of the goals I set for myself this year when it comes to reading is to try some genres I rarely read. One of them is historical romance, so that was one of the main reasons beside the sexy cover I picked this book up.

~ Why it didn't work out for me:

~ Unfortunately, after reading this book I'm even more sure than ever that historical romances aren't the right genre for me and that I should stick to contemporary. Why is that? First of al
Cyndi
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Here’s my problem with biographies, even these books written around historical events, they are subjective.
None of us were there (unless you are immortal) (I read a lot of fantasies so my hope lives on). So, how do we know what Anne Boleyn or Henry VIII were really like. We only know what people have written. They are either deified or demonized, depending on the author.
As for our hero and heroine in the book? He’s ok but overbearing and secretive. Not always in a fun way. She is often fligh
Colleen Fauchelle
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
This is spicy, but it is between a husband and wife. I really enjoyed this story set around King Henry and his second wife who lost her head.
Carly ❊ Reading Is My Kind of Thing
description

‘If Lord Wolf also held such views, she thought fiercely, he would find himself at war with his wife from the first day of their wars.’

Wolf Bride follows Eloise Tyrell, who upon meeting, lives a lavish life at court being one of Queen Anne’s ladies in waiting. Shortly into the novel, Eloise discovers that it has been arranged for her to marry one of England’s most renowned and wealthy soldiers, Lord Wolf.

Seeing as the book is historical fiction, readers will be very familiar with the context th
Sophia
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have had this one on the shelf for some time. I initially got excited when I read the blurb and saw a couple of reviews, but would you believe the comparison line was what held me back? Telling me a book is the historical version of Fifty Shades of Gray or a cross between Hilary Martel and Sylvia Day actually had the opposite effect of what they wanted. I was less than enthused about either possibility. And, in the end, for my part, it wasn't an apt set of comparisons. Might need to have a Yak ...more
Linda Sims
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BRILLIANT

Set in one of my favourite periods in history. Eloise is a lady in waiting to Anne Boleyn, second wife and queen of Henry VIII. The tension at court is high as Henry is already tiring of Anne who has failed to produce a son. Rumours about the queen and certain gentlemen at court are being bandied about. Eloise is a country girl born and bred, the machinations at court are far removed from her life at home in Yorkshire.

When Eloise's father arrives at court with Lord Wolf whose estate is
Kara-karina
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
To be honest, what started promising, went downhill really fast. Too much unnecessary angst, anachronistic for the historical era, unconvincing main characters and the mention of FSoG on the cover will only harm this book in comparison. They have nothing in common. Unfortunately, not recommended.
Sarah Mac
Sweet mother of pearl, spare me from romances that hinge on Big Misunderstandings. *rubs temple*

Seriously, these two knuckleheads drop-kick their brains at the least provocation, over & over & over with the same damn arguments. And while the hero annoyed me with his 'all women are faithless whores because I got my heart broken' routine, it was the heroine who killed all joy in a fifty mile radius. Her repeated sensitivity to literally any comment he made was absolutely excruciating. The
Leah Nadeau
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
(3.5 stars) I actually enjoyed this book :P I thought it was just going to be a whatever romance novel but I was pretty engaged into the story. Sure there could have been a more dense story to it rather than about love but this is a Romance novel. It's the genre. I must accept it lol. The romance was realistic and believable.

Within the Romance genre I've only ever read the 50 Shades series. Wolf Bride was interesting in a different way because it takes place in the 1800's and there's kings and
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I would like to thank NETGALLEY AND SOURCEBOOKS Casablanca for giving me the opportunity to read the ARC of the book.

This book had me right out of the gate! I love this is set in Tudor times. I love all things Tudor. It starts out in Queen Anne's chambers, but this isn't about her and Henry, even though they are in the book. The main characters of this book are Eloise and Lord Wolf.

Eloise is one of Queen Anne's maids. She thinks she is in love with some jerk named Simon, he has her convinced t
Ari
Nov 29, 2015 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF

I gave it a shot, hoped and thought I'd like it, but I couldn't go past the first half of the book.

The female lead is not likable (I think she's smiled once in the span of 150 pages and not yet really shown this streak of strong will that she apparently has), the male lead seems to suffer from split personality since I still don't know what kind of person he is, and there's no substantial plot that I can grasp--maybe it happens later on in the story, but I can't waste my time on a novel that
Iza
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it
– This novel was provided by the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review –
Reviewed for http://theereaderjunkie.wordpress.com

Hilary Mantel meets Sylvia Day ? Hem no, let’s not get excited.
Eloise is a young lady-in-waiting to Queen Anne Boleyn. She is in love with Simon, a courtier, but when her father suddenly announces her that she is to marry Lord Wolf, a neighbor she met as a child but only knows from afar, Simon simply offers her to be his mistress after the wedding. Havi
Sarah (A Weebish Book Blog)
THE WRITING
It was so hard for me to rate Wolf Bride. On one hand, I loved the mixture of Tudor royalty and semi-accurate (this is historical romance after all) history. Moss excellently introduced historical royalty into this book, it was the only thing I actually loved about this book. I am such a fan of historical romances that introduce real historical figures and it felt like the author did a swell job of researching the time period.

On the other hand, I barely made it through the book. In
Albert
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wolf Bride by Elizabeth Moss is exciting, lustful, and a powerfully told erotic romance set during the wife killing King Henry of England. First off, don't pay any attention to the marketing idiot who campaigned this with the blurb of "50 shades", that should be an insult to the quality of writing and storytelling in Wolf Bride. This novel is for all those readers who enjoy the time period of the Tudor reign and the detail that Phillipa Gregory brings to her novels, just turn up the heat. Turn i ...more
Pam Nelson
4 Wolf Bride Stars

Doing the audible challenge and reading something from each category isn’t as easy as one might think. I am not a huge fan of historical romance, but I am going in open minded.

That being said I really enjoyed this book. Eloise isn’t a timid female in the least, she might be a little naive about somethings but she sure learns fast.

I like that it wasn’t love at first sight and that Lord Wolf and Eloise had to get to know each other he might have been all, I MAN and everything bu
nat. (semi-hiatus)
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5

fun to read but a bit cheesy and slightly uncomfortable sometimes. I couldn't take Wolf seriously as a romantic lead, for some reason. and Eloise was just ... Eloise, I guess.
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)
The review was first up on For The Love of Fictional Worlds.

I received a digital copy of the book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest reviews.

There were majorly two reasons why I requested this book - The Cover and the fact that it is based in the Tudor Times.

Tudor times in the British Monarchy is quite an interesting times for a history buff like me! And the fact that this book revolved, not around Queen Anne and King Henry but to the characters around them. I have always wondered about t
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 Stars.

Elizabeth Moss is a new-to-me author, and I'm ashamed to admit the copy of Wolf Bride sat on my Kindle since the release. With the third in the series offered for review, I decided to dive in, and I am so glad I did.

I was hooked from page one of Wolf Bride, never reading a historical romance set at court, especially not during the reign of the wife-hoarding Henry the Eighth. The story was fresh, fast paced, intriguing,
Meg - A Bookish Affair
"Wolf Bride" is a historical romance/ erotic fiction with a heavy dose of hotness. It's set during the time of the Tudors (books like this show me that I am still not over the Tudors). As this book opens, King Henry VIII is married to Anne Boleyn, who is suspected of having dalliances with many men other than her husband. However, this book does not focus on Anne Boleyn or Henry really but one of her needs and waiting, Eloise.

Eloise is a naïve woman who has promised to a man who scares her a lit
Nickcole
Feb 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Stars: 3.5

Overall: Eloise is a lady in Anne Boleyn's entourage and she finds out that she is about to marry Lord Wolf, one of King Henry's best soldiers. She doesn't want to marry him because she believes that she is in love with someone else, but once that man proves that she isn't the one for her, she reluctantly agrees to marry the Lord. At first their relationship is strained because they both don't understand each other, but once they get past the consummation of their marriage things start
Aemelia
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sadly, this was a DNF book for me, I got about 55% of the way through it and I just couldn't connect with the heroine, Eloise. I found her to be dull and VERY immature. I really liked Wolf and thought he made a fantastic hero but I felt bad for him. He couldn't say anything right. Every time he opened his mouth, Eloise was either offended or her feelings were hurt. I can understand if that happens once or twice for a misunderstanding, but she constantly blew everything out of proportion-internal ...more
Adriane (◉‿◉)
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
3.80 OH WOLF Stars!!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Erin
Okay, I was sceptical. A controlling "Fifty Shades-esque" sexual relationship set to the background of the Tudor Court of 1536 and the trial and execution of Anne Boleyn. I was expecting the heroine to meander from one up-against-the-wall assignation to the other, heaving bosoms a-plenty, with Pantomime Villian six-fingered Anne Boleyn ranting and railing in the background.

What I got was a genuine love story that still managed to stay true to its setting. Secondary characters like Henry and Anne
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 28, 2015 10:53AM
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • Texas Mail Order Bride (Bachelors of Battle Creek, #1)
  • The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes (Geek Girls, #2)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • To Sin with a Viking (Forbidden Vikings, #1)
  • Christmas Brides
  • The Bride Says Maybe (The Brides of Wishmore, #2)
  • In Love with a Wicked Man
  • The Devil of Clan Sinclair (Clan Sinclair, #1)
  • How to Entice an Enchantress (The Duchess Diaries, #3)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
I also write historicals as Victoria Lamb, romcoms as Beth Good, thrillers as Jane Holland, and NEW FOR 2016, doggy fiction as Hannah Coates, with a feel-good Christmas novel, BERTIE'S GIFT, out October 2016.

If you have enjoyed my Elizabeth Moss stories, why not try some of my other types of books? My #1 bestselling book is GIRL NUMBER ONE (did you see what I did there?) written under my real name

Lust in the Tudor Court (3 books)
  • Rebel Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court, #2)
  • Rose Bride (Lust in the Tudor Court, #3)