Start by marking “Midnight Hunter (Execution Underground, #3)” as Want to Read:
Midnight Hunter (Execution Underground, #3)

Midnight Hunter

(Execution Underground #3)

Hunters of the supernatural, The Execution Underground are an elite group tasked with protecting humanity…but can dark temptation destroy good intentions?

Kindle Edition
Published September 1st 2015 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about Midnight Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight Hunter

Lorna
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
(RabidReads,com) 3.5 stars rounded up to 4. This latest in Kait Ballenger’s Execution Underground series, was a fairly good read, but not without a few problems. I have read all of the previous books in this series. My thanks goes to Net Galley for providing me with a copy from the publisher, in exchange for a fair and honest review.

It’s Shane Grey’s turn to have his story told, and I was really glad about that. As a professor and resident geek of the Execution Underground team, he has been most
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
A good sweet PNR. Good build up of relationship, no insta love, lots of character depth. Fab!

I love a good, traditional, paranormal romance story. Midnight Hunter did not disappoint. Add in the forbidden romance aspect of the teacher/student trope, and *fans self* oh my goodness.

Shane and Vera have both obviously had the hots for each other for some time, but he is her professor and she his student. On top of that he is a member of the Execution Underground and she is a witch - the kind of bein
Linda
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An original, suspenseful, action-packed paranormal romance!

A tiny cage of butterflies suddenly buzzed around the inside of her gut. Her superhot professor wanted to take a nighttime stroll with her and he was offering her his jacket. Before she could decide whether she wanted to be the type of girl who did that sort of thing with her professor, which was clearly inappropriate, she grasped the leather jacket in her hands and slipped it on. Aw, shucks, who was she kidding? She totally was that k
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
~ 3 Midnight Hunter Stars ~

Midnight Hunter is book three in the Execution Underground by Kait Ballenger. It was a fairly good read. We get black-magic, witches, warlocks, and necromancy.

I have read all the previous books & novella in this series. The books do need to be read in order. The characters build in each book and each book is about one of the guy’s in the Rochester, Execution Underground team.

This is Dr. Shane Grey’s story. He is a professor and resident geek of the Execution Und
Sabina Bundgaard
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Midnight Hunter is the third full novel in Kait’s Execution Underground Series and with each book I am falling more and more for the world she has created and for her amazing writing.
This time we get to read more about a more quiet member of the Rochester unit of the Execution Underground.
He is the unit’s Witch Hunter, the researcher, the professor and a bit of a geek.
When someone start going on a murderous’ spree in Rochester the division is on full alert and Shane have no other choice but to
Under the Covers Book Blog
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it

Someone is bringing the dead back to life and they are up to no good. The elite group, Execution Underground are on top of it assigning Shane Grey to lead the investigation. Because of his knowledge as an Occult Specialist, Witch Hunting, Magic and Necromancy, he is perfect for the job. But he'll need the help of his student to know what's going on in the streets of the magic world.

Vera is one of Shane's student who has plenty of knowledge when it comes to magic. Her DNA says it all but this i

Tracey
The execution underground returns, this time it's Dr Shane Gray's time to find a special someone.

Vera is into black magic, it gives her a high she cant match, she desperately tries to keep away but temptation is always there.

Shane has a new assignment, someone who said he was being haunted by his wife is now dead, murdered. The bad news is necromancy is involved, which means the Dr will have to use all his contacts to solve this, including his student Vera. As always he has the back up of all hi
Franjessca
Full Review posted at Book Lovin' Mamas

I give this book 4 stars and recommend it to PNR readers out there. If you've read the previous books in the series, you'll definitely be excited to read this one. If you haven't started the series yet, I highly recommend you do. Start with the prequel first though, because you'll want to follow along with the series. Believe me you want to know about the EU hunters. =)
Sandy S
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
ABOUT THE BOOK: Release date September 1, 2015

Occult specialist and witch hunter Dr. Shane Grey is called upon to investigate a string of crimes that bear all the hallmarks of black magic. But he can't take on this daunting assignment for the Execution Underground alone. He'll need the help of Vera Sanders, a witch with a dark past—and a woman
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Midnight Hunter is the third book in Ms. Ballenger’s intense and action-filled Execution Underground series. Mixing both traditional and unique paranormal mythologies, the author has constructed an exciting world that successfully pairs opposites to create dynamic romances.

Dr. Shane Grey is a popular professor of Religious Studies at the local college and serving as a Witch Hunter for EU on the sly. While equally as rough and tough as his EU counterparts, Shane has that straight-laced, nerdy pro
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 Stars

Someone is bringing the dead back to life and they are up to no good. The elite group, Execution Underground are on top of it assigning Shane Grey to lead the investigation. Because of his knowledge as an Occult Specialist, Witch Hunting, Magic and Necromancy, he is perfect for the job. But he’ll need the help of his student to know what’s going on in the streets of the magic world.
Vera is one of Shane’s student who has plenty of knowledge when it comes to magic. Her DNA says it all
nikkia neil
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hot to trot! lol About time we get the hunky nerds love story. Pefect match for him. One of my favorite paranormal series
Evelyn E Hart
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

Great read! Love this series! This is a great book to consider in this series I enjoyed the suspense and the writing! Bravo to the Witch hunters in this book
Kristin
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shane is a witch hunter. He's familiar with all things that fall under the cult and is well equip to battle them. What's he's not prepared for is falling for a witch. A witch who not only practiced (and quite possibly still dabbles in) black magic but who is also his student at his day job on campus. All those things add up to disaster. However, he can't stay away from her, even if he wanted to. You see, there is someone out there raising the dead and causing chaos in the area. The only way to f ...more
Once
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Someone's causing trouble and it's big enough to catch the Execution Underground's attention. Shane, the witch hunter/magic specialist slash genius, is called to deal with the resident trouble maker when the dead are being brought back to life, and husbands are being murdered by their very dead wives. But he can't do it alone, so he asks one of his students for help.

Vera is one of Shane's students who knows all too well about dark magic and the damage it can do. She still has the buzz from her
AlenGarou
Avevo molte aspettative verso Shade, ma devo dire che come romanzo mi è sembrato all'acqua di rose.
Non è che sia brutto, ma manca tutta l'azione e la grinta che c'erano nei precedenti.
Ok, lui è un professore universitario che non ha quasi mai lavorato sul campo e lei ha una brutta storia alle spalle e una dipendenza alla magia nera, però avrei preferito vivere più emozioni che non leggere di loro che facevano perennemente la lista dei motivi per cui non potevano stare assieme.
Una lista davvero l
Angela
Sep 20, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Angela by: Netgalley
I loved Shane, the hunky nerd, and loved seeing him in action. Vera was a good character, but for a witch she didn't use her magic very often. For some reason that I can't put my finger on, I didn't like this book as much as the others in the series. Still worth the read. I'll definitely be reading more books by this author.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.
Avey Shannon
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Rate of 4.5 stars
Louisa
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so fantastic! I really enjoyed Shane and Vera, they were awesome together! I really hope that we get more of this series, Trent, Ash, and Damon need full length books!
Stacie Crews
Feb 27, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Release Date Change 2 16 Feb 03, 2015 08:42AM
Newsletter Sign Up: http://www.kaitballenger.com/news.html

Find Kait on FB and Instagram:

Kait Ballenger is the award-winning and bestselling author of the Seven Range Shifter paranormal romance series, where she weaves captivating tales of dark, sexy heroes who are cowboys by day, wolf shifters by night.

When Kait’s not

Execution Underground (4 books)
  • Shadow Hunter (Execution Underground, #0.5)
  • Twilight Hunter (Execution Underground, #1)
  • Immortal Hunter (Execution Underground, #2)
“Can I ask you something?" He placed the chain around her neck.
She nodded.
"Have you ever wanted something really badly that you know you shouldn't have, yet you can't stop yourself from wanting it?”
2 likes
“The thought of asking for help from the gorgeous, troublemaking witch, who also happened to be one of his students and, oh, year, who worked in a fucking strip club to make matters even worse, made the head on his shoulders scream in agony and the one beneath his belt buckle sing in praise.
Shit, this was not going to be good.”
1 likes