Start by marking “Thane's Redemption (The Song, #1)” as Want to Read:
Thane's Redemption (The Song, #1)

Thane's Redemption

(The Song #1)

The one night she'll want to remember, she'll be forced to forget.

It's been almost a year since Celine's fiancé's death and she's still struggling to move on. But when she meets Thane, the super hot lead singer of Thane’s Redemption, she finds her desire reawakening, and her heart opening. Soon one kiss leads them straight into a night of heated passion…

Thane’s unexpected
Published March 3rd 2015 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about Thane's Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thane's Redemption

Start your review of Thane's Redemption (The Song, #1)
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life.

4 Stars!

When I saw the cover, I knew that I would have to read this story. I have always had a thing for rock stars and musicians in general. I am pretty sure that I was a groupie in a past life because there is nothing sexier than a hot musician. Once the cover got my attention, I read the blurb about the story and was even more excited to read this story. I actually read it the same day it made its way to my kindle and since some books have
Claire Robinson
Jan 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series
3 - Could have been so much more. Stars.

I really like Nina Crespo’s writing style, and Thanes Redemption is no exception. As I have come to expect with her books; we are given interesting characters, an unusual plot and plenty of scope for development.

But that is where my issues lie with this novella, this may be the start of The Song series, but reading this 80ish page installment felt like a full book that had been cut back to fit into a novella. There was so much happening in the story a lot
Jay
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided by NetGalley on behalf of the publisher

I quite enjoyed this one, who doesn't love a time travelling rocker/soldier?!?!

For someone so anti-men, Celine sure gives in quickly to Thane! but I guess it's a mutual thing that the other is the one person that can "fix" them. & the fact that she "remembers" him adds weight to this being a truth.

The only bit I don't understand at all, and can't as yet see it's relevance in the story, is the string of blonde clones that arrived in C
Juliette Cross
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Original paranormal elements and fast-paced action. While this is only a taste of the new world in The Song series, it's quite a sweet taste. Crespo's writing is engaging and even eloquent. Her hero is alpha all the way and sexy as hell, just the way I like them.

If you're looking for a quick, sexy read in a kickass paranormal world, you definitely want to pick this one up.

Coco.V
Sep 17, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (9/17/2017)!
iamGamz
An ok start for series with an interesting concept. Just couldn't find a connection with the characters. I tried but it just didn't click for me.

Giving it 2.5 stars for not boring me to death.
Nicola
Jan 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Some stories shouldn't be novellas. Not even to tease or tempt a reader into reading a new series. Thane's Redemption is one of these stories and should have been a full length novel. My reasoning?

1) Too much happened.
2) Too much has been left unanswered.
3) There's a strong possibility I'll need to do a re-read when #2 is released.

I liked it. My 3 star rating is nothing to do with Nina Crespo's writing style, character likeability or the storyline. These all impressed me. It comes down to the fa
Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog)
"Trust your instincts. You know what you want."
3.5 time-travel stars. . . It was the guitar on the cover that drew me to this book, I can never resist a rockstar read. However; I must confess I didn't read the synopsis and ended up with a paranormal book, which is outside my preferred genre. That part of it felt like I was reading a comic book with superheroes and villains, a little over the top for my tastes. I did enjoy the 'girls nights' and the friendship banter. Celine's friends were a grea
Monique
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This novella of a time-jumping warrior was pretty cool. The fact that he was also a hot, guitar-playing singer doing his best to save the world and get the girl made this a nice romantic read, even though it could have been developed more.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Good but... there's a heck of a lot that's going on here, and too few pages to fit it all in. Everything happened too quickly, and the relationship between the hero and heroine felt forced since they were pushed together so fast.

There's definitely a lot of potential in this series, it just needs to be given the space to really develop.
Khulood
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015, arc
3.5-4 stars.

The story is quite interesting. Our main characters are:

Celine, a woman who lost her fiance in Afghanistan. A year later, and she is still struggling to move on.

Thane, a super hot time traveling/rock star/secret agent who gave up the chance to live a normal life in order to save the world.

The concept is different, and I really enjoyed it. My only disappointment is that I really hoped it was longer! The plot has so much potential. I'd be interested to know what happened next as it did
Rashida
Feb 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
***ARC via NETGALLEY***

The synopsis sounded good but the actual final product didn't live up to the dream.

The overall story was cute and a lil choppy at times. Thane came off as sexy and so did the the rest of his crew. Celine was missing something---I can't put my finger on it but I didn't feel the connection.

This seemed like the beginning of a possible good story but it's not there yet.
Dolorianne
Jul 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scribd, cmc2021
I really liked the set up of the book, and I think the longer novels following this novella will likely fill in some of the blanks due to the time travel aspect of this series. But I enjoyed the characters, and I loved how the author dealt with grief. Also, there is a strong friendship thread.

As for the romance and suspense balance ... the couple didn’t have a lot of time together, but they made the most of the time they had. And the set up of the pandemic threat was weirdly appropriate given w
Tina
Jul 31, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was well written. The characters were unique. Sometimes the time travelling aspects through me off. I really loved that the pull between the two main characters was strong regardless of what "time" they were in. I will be reading the other books in this series because I am very interested in exploring this world. Good job!
Lorna
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: rockers, meh
When a blurb mentions rock singer, I am probably going to be ordering the book, or in this case, novella. So when I saw this on Net Galley, I immediately requested it in exchange for a fair and honest review. It really wasn’t what I was expecting. Yes, it was a romance, but it also had a science fiction component to it, one that made the read really different for me.

Through a series of occurrences, Thane, and a group of his buddies that were aboard a helicopter that crashes in a war zone, end up
WTF Are You Reading?
Actual Rating: 3.5

To say that Staff Sergeant Nathaniel James Eckhart hasn't been quite himself since his death, would be an understatement...to put things mildly.
Now, known simply as Thane. He and the members of his squadron, with him when their helicopter went down, have become an elite team of another sort. Given the power of immortality, as well as the ability to navigate within the time stream. Thane and his men have been charged with stopping those who would with whatever means, or for what
Danielle
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Thane's Redemption was definitely a unique read that held my attention and left me wanting more. I mean, a time traveling rock star? What's not to love?!

On the brink of death, Thane and his crew were given the opportunity to trade death for a chance to save the world. The catch? Every time he goes on a new mission the people around him will forget him. Which basically leaves him with tons of one night stands and no hope for meaningful relationships... Until Celine.

Celine is struggling to get her
Jessica Alcazar
I'm gonna be honest and tell ya'll that the reason I even asked for a copy of this book was for the cover LOL I'm a huge rocker romance lover so I was SOLD with this one. When I was approved to read the ARC and downloaded it is when I read the blurb. OK, so paranormal is not ever my prefered genre. The few paranormals I ave read have been from authors that are already established with me (meaning I have read their work and loved it). But the story wasn't very long so I read it. And I'm glad. DId ...more
Zoe Forward
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Nina Crespo sure does know how to heat up the pages and doesn’t disappoint in this quick read! What a fascinating PNR concept with time shifting – unique and complex.
The relationship between Thane and Celine escalated a bit faster than I expected, but the chemistry between the super hot time-traveling covert ops hero, Thane, and the recovering from her dead war hero fiancé heroine, Celine, scorches the pages. And, ugh, she leaves us on a cliffhanger. I admit to finding this frustrating, but the
Karen
May 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've never read anything by this author before and I the cover drew my attention. This was a novella and I thought it had some fresher ideas like the special ops time jumping. Celine is still mourning her fiance and then she meet's Thane who is in a rock band. Even though it's supposed to be a one night fling, they make a connection. Unfortunately, memory loss occurs to those the time-jumpers meet. Good start to a new series.

I was given an ARC by NetGalley for an honest review
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
This book has so much potential, but unfortunately didn't wow me. It felt rushed and a bit disjointed. The storyline is really intriguing, but was lacking background information. I assume more details will be revealed over the course of the series. Overall, just an okay read. ...more
Shae
Sep 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Interesting Characters

So this was my first Nina Crespo read and it will not be my last. I plan to read the rest of this series for sure.

I am not really into reading time travel romances, but I liked the cover and the blurb. It is a short read as well, so I decided to give it a try. The story is well written, the characters are very well developed.

Thane and Celine are two interesting characters going through their own personal grief, but they have a strong attraction to each other.

Reasons I en
Chasny Dove Nichols
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

This was a great short story. The writer kept us wanting more. I can't wait to read more by Ms. Crepso.
Bev Ross
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

Loved it! Thane is too cool! I can't wait to read more! I want to see what happens with Celine and the future missions!
Coralee Corrigan
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved it
Melissa
Jun 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Confused

While it had potential I was left very confused. Former army rangers ancient carrier time traveling band playing guys. No clue what I read.
Sophia
Hot time-traveling military guys moonlighting as a rock band? I couldn't pass that one up. This was a shorter piece and dove in with both feet. It got out to a quick start and raced to a cliffhanger happy for now finish, but it still managed to engage me and make me feel for the romance pair who both know loss and seem to have very little chance again.

This one opened with Thane and his team of Army Rangers flying out for their next mission only to have their helicopter take a hit and go down. Ri
Miriam
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Every now and then, I come across a book with a synopsis that's intriguing enough for me to want to read it even if the genre isn't one I indulge in often enough. And every now and then, I'll pick that book and sink into it.

This was that kind of book. It's short but completely captivating. Thane's past isn't as shrouded by mystery as I thought it would be. Instead, Ms. Crespo offers it to the reader on a silver platter. Who he was, what he is now, how he became who he is now. The truth is only h
Jody
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
As a fan of the paranormal genre I'm always looking for a story that sets itself apart from the crowded field and Thane's Redemption succeeds in its uniqueness. Combining time travel with an otherworldly entity equals a complex storyline that isn't always clear but moves at a fast pace keeping readers guessing every step of the way. It also leaves readers on edge with a conclusion the ends in a bit of a cliffhanger, though there's the promise of a HEA on the horizon.

Thane and his fellow soldiers
Book Binge
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
When Army Ranger Thane’s helicopter starts going down, he knows he and his whole team are going to die. He isn’t wrong. But it turns out death is just the beginning. The entire team is offered a deal they can’t refuse; Die now or live forever as immortal time-jumpers who are sent out on missions to stop bad guys. They won’t be able to make lasting connections, but they’ll be saving the world. None of them thought very hard before accepting.

5 years later Thane meets Celine at a show they’re playi
« previous 1 3 next »

• Marine Biology (San Andreas Shifters, #0.5)
  • The Ghost in the Curve (Cedar Creek, #1)
  • Galileo's Holiday
  • Blood Ruby (Tin Star Witches: The Witches of Ruby Gulch, #4)
  • The Invitation: A Night of Misadventures in Love, Sweet & Steamy Novella 1
  • Demon Hunting in Dixie (Demon Hunting, #1)
  • Meat Cute: The Hedgehog Incident (Parasol Protectorate, #0)
  • Lights Out Lucy (Music City Rollers #1)
  • Hidden (Deep Ops, #1)
  • Seducing Santa
  • The Witch Singer (Witch Singer #1)
  • Bridget's Witch's Diary (Witch Singer #2)
  • Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1)
  • The Witched Away Bride (Witch Singer #3)
  • Taken (Deep Ops, #1.5)
  • Holiday Temptation
  • The Princess and the Player (Royally Pitched, #1)
  • Grumpy Dinosaur
Nina Crespo lives in Florida where she indulges in her favorite passions -- the beach, a good glass of wine, date night with her own real-life hero and dancing. Her lifelong addiction to romance began in her teens while on a "borrowing spree" in her older sister's bedroom where she discovered her first romance novel. Let Nina's sensual contemporary stories and steamy paranormal tales satisfy your ...more

The Song (3 books)
  • Reid's Deliverance (The Song, #2)
  • Dalir's Salvation