Start by marking “Storm Warned (Grim, #3)” as Want to Read:
Storm Warned (Grim, #3)

Storm Warned

(Grim #3)

When Caris’s unearthly musical talent attracts the attention of the Wild Hunt, the Welsh farm girl is stolen away to serve as a faery grim, a herald of death. Two centuries later, she’s finally escaped back to the human world—and into the present-day life of a reclusive and heartbroken American musician.

Music was Liam’s whole life—until a crushing betrayal left him despera
Published March 31st 2015 by Montlake Romance

Ronda
Dec 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Dani Harper and her writing style always lulls me into a sense of completion... I 'feel' the words in her stories and there is a gentle flow to the books.

It was the Changeling series that introduced me to Ms Harper's worlds and I loved those books, hence the step into the Grim series. These are fabulous books written about the fae and their interactions with some of the human world and The Grim dogs are something to breathe about!

Magical in every sense, eventful and a need to find out w
Maria11
Oct 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Another great story.

This time the roles are reversed the woman is the Grimm and the man is the unbelieving human.

Lots of character development. Lots of great secondary characters and visits from previous books.

Enjoyed the series can’t wait for the fourth one to come out
Dani Harper
Nov 30, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Release Day is March 31, 2015. Keep an eye on my website at www.daniharper.com for events, giveaways, blog tours, etc.
Bea  Charmed
I hope Ranyon gets his own story. He deserves an HEA. Also, I'm starting to like Lurien.
Cindy
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Grim Series by Dani Harper

FYI: this is a short review of the series so there will be a bit about each book in the review.

I loved this series and read all 4 books in a row [Storm Warrior, Storm Bound, Storm Warned, Storm Crossed]. Well actually I listened to all 4 books – I found it easier than trying to figure out the pronunciation of the occasional bit of Welsh. The narrator was outstanding – good use of voice, good pacing, and she got to figure out how to pronounce the Welsh.

The setting is
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
This is a fantastic series! I’m so impressed with each new story and the characters that it brings. This book is a little different than the first two because it’s the first time that we have a female Grim. But it’s filled with just as much magic and drama.
Stephanie
Dani Harper’s STORM WARNED Strikes a Chord!

Original Post: http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/201...

Although we’ve never met outside cyberspace, I consider Dani a friend so, of course, that has some impact on how I feel about her work. But, I have given her work both favorable and unfavorable reviews so I am not just a sycophant.

Tomorrow, Dani will be by with “Fae Facts ” and an audiobook giveaway exclusive to Fangs, Wands & Fairy Dust readers!

In this story, Dani does the unusual and flips the
Kelly at
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review will be posted at www.books-n-kisses.com .

NUMBER OF HEARTS: 4
REVIEW:
One wickedly crazy prince trying to take over two world. One woman who just wants to be human again. One man who wants to be left alone with his broken heart.
Secrets will be revealed that will change the fabric of both the Nine Realms and the Mortal world.

In Storm Warned we get to meet Liam Cole an amazing musician who has everything going for him. That is until Liam’s world completely crumbles around him. Now he find
Heather Stone
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-read-again
WowStorm Warnedthis is such a good book that I struggled to put it down. What I love about Dani Harpers books is that the characters are so real, they have great back stories and the prose changes to the views from each person in turn so you know what they are thinking, why they do the things they do.
Although there is a fantasy element to the book, the situations seem real and logical so that I got a real empathy to the situation and characters in it.
I really don't like plot spoiler reviews so n
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Chelle:
*Copy gifted in exchange for an honest review

I utterly enjoyed this book. It seemed to be exactly what I needed at the time, and kept my interest from beginning to end.

It should be noted that I hadn't read the previous 2 installments of the Grim series before reading this for review, and that was O.K. Sorta. The book was absolutely fine as a standalone, but now I have 2 more books that I've bumped up in my TBRSoon list. :)

Storm Warned had
Suzan
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
Love, love, love this book! It was so good! I loved seeing my favourite characters (especially Ranyon!)and meeting amazing new characters (namely our heroes Caris and Liam).

The Fae prince responsible for turning Caris into a Grim was a true villain and it was easy to hate him! He kinda got what he deserved although I'm not sure I'd have been so kind after the cruelties he committed!

I loved seeing the Queen and Lurien again, they are my favourite Fae (Ranyon would no doubt be insulted to be call
Star
Feb 24, 2015 added it
STORM WARNED is the third book in the Grim series. Two centuries ago, Caris’ rapturous and forbidden music catches the attention of the fae’s Wild Hunt. Her defiance in the face of the fae cost Caris her freedom and she was transformed into the first female grim – a death dog, a harbinger of death. In the present day, Liam has moved to his aunt and uncle’s farm to lick his wounds after his music cost him the person he held dearest. An unnatural storm blows through Liam’s farm and leaves behind d ...more
Lisa
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
STORM WARNED is the third book in the Grim series by Dani Harper. It introduces Caris and Liam. I reallt liked Caris she's fun, smart, beautiful, feisty and independent. Caris’s bold musical talent catches the attention of the Wild Hunt, leading to her being taken and forced to serve as a Grimm, a herald of death. Music was Liam’s life up until betrayal left him desperate, broken and in need of hiding from the world. Liam is a bit broken and lost in the beginning but he comes through for Caris w ...more
Bobbie
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: faeries
I haven't read the first two books in this series, but having read and enjoyed Storm Warned, I might just have to. The way Harper weaves Celtic mythology into modern-day America is really well done. Her fae are just as they should be - beautiful, horrible, wonderful, weird and terrifying. Her characters are well-written and her stories are part fairy tale, part modern romance. I'll be interested to see how this series progresses.
Melissa Laird
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Harper you did it again I'm never disappointed when I pick up one of your books for those who have read the first two books in the grim series and liked them then you'll enjoy this one too. for those who are new to the series you should pick up the first two and read them as well they are both great reads just like this one
Melindeeloo
4.5 stars - Review to come, but...A female Grimm, a more significant background plot, some old friends and the magic of music- this was my favorite of the books so far. I really hope that the Lord of the Hunt gets a story too.

ARC Via Netgalley Release date 3/31
Danielle Nolan
Jun 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written but, if you read the first two books in the series this can seem a bit redundant. You pretty much know the set up and by the third time you know what will happen next. The change up of the female Grim and incorporating the magic of music was wonderful, especially as I believe that music is life. Well written over all though! Captivating book and sucks you into the pages to not escape until you are forced to put it down. I don't know how many times I went back from my lunch late from ...more
Ashley
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Guess I'm the only one here but...
How I felt reading this after the other two:
description
because it does this:
description

The couple had NO stage time but everything else was great.
I guess one good way to get around writing a (view spoiler) is to just not write it skip on ahead!
Tualla
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great battle

I really enjoyed listening and reading . I have read all four books. The first book I bought, but haven't read it. First purchased. I bought the other books during an sale of month offered. It is worth the prices I paid for. I try to buy different books that isn't in my personal interest. In the past I have purchased many books from the monthly offerings sales. They have been great books.
Lorelei
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

They just keep getting better. I loved this book. Has a fantastic storyline. Characters that grip your heartstrings. Magic, intrigue, a bit of danger, a bit of love. Definitely recommending
Deanna
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fate has a way of giving what you need when you want it least...

This story melds a grim and her eventual human mate, and the Fae enemies who have kindly their own unique passions. Desire is awakened as kingdoms---and hearts---change.
Teresa Dawn Chance
Mesmerized to the very end

Whirlwind romance and adult tones underline lives of otherworldly Fae and humankind alike. Another expertly woven tale to whisk the reader away to fantastical places,
Alma Petterson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have really enjoyed these books and the story line. I hope for more.
Jane Rubisch
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Ok, I give up. I loved this one! The author weaves a compelling story with complex characters, sadness and ecstasy. A high bar for any author.
Sara Jeske
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

Predictable, but enjoyable read. Easy to pick up, hard to put down. Looking forward to the next book in the series
Alice
4/5 ⭐
A female Grimm hell yeah!! XD I always love female leads. I definitely enjoyed this one just as much as the other two.
maryssa
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

This story line just kept coming. I didn't think it could get any better after the second book, but clearly I was wrong!
Kathy Brickert
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful!!

What a great book three, and I'm so happy it's not the end! Can't wait for book four!!! I have solo enjoyed this series!! Great read!!
Lisa Norvell
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

I am really enjoying this series. The characters are well matched and the world building is wonderful. I look forward to the next book.
Nicole B
Didn't quite live up to the quality of the previous two in the series. Also as much as I love Rannon why has he started saying 'dontcha know' at the end of every sentence?
  • The Danger of Destiny (Mystwalker, #4)
  • Wild Nights (Justiss Alliance, #3)
  • Taming the Lion (Lone Pine Pride Book 2)
  • Dancing with Dragons (Never Deal with Dragons #2)
  • Her Wild Hero (X-Ops, #3)
  • Healing Love (Love to the Extreme #4)
  • Full Blaze (Firehawks, #3)
  • Blood Lust (The Sentinels, #3)
  • Hero of a Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #14)
  • Forest of Whispers (Forest of Whispers, #1)
  • A Curse Unbroken (Weird Girls, #5)
  • Perfect Betrayal
  • Knight Avenged (Circle of Seven, #2)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Divinity
  • Shattered Bonds (Wicked Play, #7)
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Vampire (Dead in the City, #4)
LEGEND, LORE, LOVE, and MAGIC.
These are the hallmarks of Dani Harper’s transformational tales of faeries, shapeshifters, ghosts, and more, for a mature audience.

A former newspaper editor, Dani’s passion for all things supernatural led her to a second career writing fiction. There isn't anything she likes better than exploring myths and legends from many cultures, which serve to inspire her sizzli

Grim (4 books)
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
  • Storm Crossed (Grim, #4)
“Everybody says you have to decide between the head and the heart, but that’s just so much bullshit. Your heart and your head don’t know a damn thing between them when it comes to other people. Your head can know facts about them, sure—like a criminal record or a Purple Heart—but that’s about it. And your heart only knows how it feels and what it wants, not what the other person is feeling . . .” 0 likes
“Kind of like CSI investigating a social error—Here’s the corpse of the situation, what do you think killed it?—with the hope of preventing further fatalities. Often as not, it boiled down to missed cues.” 0 likes