Start by marking “The Awakening of Ivy Leavold (Markham Hall, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Awakening of Ivy Leavold (Markham Hall, #1)

The Awakening of Ivy Leavold

(Markham Hall #1)

Yorkshire, 1879

I am alone...

When Ivy Leavold is left destitute by her brother’s death, she is taken in by her cousin’s brooding, tortured widower—Julian Markham. Handsome and possessive, it’s not long before Ivy falls for him. But Mr. Markham has dark secrets, secrets that may put Ivy in danger...

I am afraid...

As Ivy unravels the mystery surrounding her cousin’/>I/>I
Published January 12th 2015 (first published January 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Awakening of Ivy Leavold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Awakening of Ivy Leavold

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★! The Awakening of Ivy Leavold, book 1 of 4. An erotic journey in historical setting; Julian Markham’s seduction of maiden Ivy!

“We stayed there for a long moment, me pinned against the wall, his breath against my neck, his cock barely inside of me.”

Books in Markham Hall series should be read in order:
Book 4: The Reclaiming of Ivy Leavold

Year 1879 y Leavold is traveling cross country to taken in by a distantorder:
BookIvy!
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"My soul was yours to take from the moment I met you"

description

The first edition to the Markham Hall series by Sierra Simone was a neutral read for me. Although it didn't hit all the (right) spots, it certainly was enjoyable. It made me remember my love of Historical Romance and after this, I am surely going to check out other novels in the genre.

"You are mine," he said as he began driving in faster. "You are completely mine. Only mine. Your cunt and your lips and your heart - they belong to me"

____________

Rating: 3.5-4 "Wildcat" Stars stars
Cliffhanger: Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

photo 2638049D-B995-470D-AD35-8CA6A3D5755B_zpsrvyiwm06.jpg

Ivy Leavold is alone in the world. Orphaned long ago, her brothers gambling debts & recent death have also left her destitute. Her saviour comes in the guise of her estranged cousin's widow, Julian Markham.

Ivy's new home, Markham Hall is much like my initial reaction to the man himself; dark and unwelcoming. Although I amYes
stars
2015
Simone
Release#1
Leavold
Sophia Triad
"I am happy to be anything you need"

This is the second historical romance/erotica series that I read by Sierra Simone and I believe it is the first one that she wrote. Thus, I already knew most of the characters from the London Lovers series and I was accustomed with the sexual freedom that all of them are enjoying when they are together.

Molly O’Flaherty’s strong character is shown in the book and the naughtiness of Silas is also obvious. If you have read the London Lovers series, you will probabl
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

The Awakening of Ivy Leavold is about a young woman who finds herself living with the gorgeous, divine and somewhat mysterious, Mr Markham. It's told entirely from the heroine's perspective and is a HIGHLY EROTIC historical novel. Historicals are not my usual read but this story captivated me from the start with the characters, their story, and the perfect dose of suspense that twists seamlessly through the romance aspect of the plot.

Mr Markham is standoffish, fierce, wealthy and self ass
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 Very Awakening Stars
I love going into a book blind. All I had about this book was a recommendation that I would LOVE. It was a historical and I had to trust. I will admit that I was leery but I trusted the source. I don't read Historicals, but every now and then, you just need to go outside of your comfort zone and take a chance. Well guess what, this book was AWESOME!!

5 Very Awakening Stars

photo The Awakening of Ivy_zpsapryupke.jpg

This book was mysterious, erotic and extremely well written. The storytelling was emotional and deep. These two unlikely people come together out of tragedy and discover they are quite similar in nature. It’s an awakening and discovering of need, desire and submission.

Mr. Markham was dreamy, sensual, mysterious, captivating, dominant, mesmerizing, sexy, handsome.......(I may be little infatuated). The minute he showed up, I was enthralled. He had an air about him that sucked me in and I wanted to know all about this charismatic gentlemen.

Ivy Leavold was penniless, homeless and had no family except for her dead cousin's husband. While the death of Ivy's cousin was shrouded with doubt, Mr. Markham graciously extended his home to Ivy and was invited to stay. She was grateful but was not use to charity. She was her own woman. Upon meeting Mr. Markham, Ivy's life would forever change.

The "who killed Ivy's cousin" fueled the story. It created a mystery shrouded with lust. Mr. Markham and Ivy's longing and desire fanned the flames and then their sexual chemistry exploded their story. The sexual proclivities of the book were enticing, mesmerizing and deviant.

In case I didn't relay my thoughts properly - This Book is Fantastic and Wickedly Sexy!!! The writer and her magically beautiful words will completely captivate you.

Thank you Irene for introducting me to this wonderful series and author!! xoxo-
CC
5 Steaming Hot Stars!!!

photo PicMonkey Collage_zpspzg2msyy.jpg

Ivy Leavhold arrives at Markham Hall as a solitary and independent woman but Ivy's passion for Mr. Markham ignites a fire that cannot be extinguished.

"A square jaw, straight nose, clear green eyes. Dark stubble and tousled hair told me that he'd been traveling, but the silk waistcoat and well-worn riding boots told me that he was a gentleman."

In book one, the author takes you on a journey to Markham Hall. As a reader, you can feel underlying emotion of darkness that
Laurelin Paige
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
While I don't normally read historical, The Awakening of Ivy Leavold has been one of the best alpha billionaire books I've come across to date. With fluid language and gorgeous imagery, the story is fraught with tension, and the level of sensuality that Simone brings to this time period takes a very talented writer. While the characters and mood are reminiscent of Jane Eyre, the sexual situations bring to mind Anne Rice's Claiming of Sleeping Beauty. I'm anxiously waiting to see what's next from ...more
~IreneOust~
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: erotica lovers

Full review at the end of the series but Sierra Simone is my new favorite author!! That's all.

photo new ivy cap_zpskaftrtrz.jpg
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
**4.5 Awakening Stars**

"I had become a creature of needs...I'm accustomed to getting what I want. And I want you."

I love historicals, but when you pair it up with erotica, oh its even better and I'm one happy girl!

Ivy Leavold is an unwed orphan who finds herself without money and family and left in the care of the elusive, mysterious Mr. Markham. The chemistry between these two is beyond hot and they find themselves being pulled to one another. Ivy is very virginal and naive and Mr. Markham slowly/>
ღTierraღ

Undisclosed Desires - Muse
Inevitable - Amberlin
If I Die Young - The Band Perry
Born To Die - Lana Del Rey

This was my first time dabbling in the genre of historical romance (definitely NOT my last time); I also made a delightful discovery of an author I am so glad to have found.

The bclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Myclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Julian
Candi~Dirty Laundry Review
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I first have to give a HUGE thank you to the very lovely and brilliant author, Laurelin Paige, for sending me this book late one night. I received this book a little after midnight and forced myself to turn my phone off at 2am. I was instantly sucked in before the first chapter ended. Laurelin told me it was a historical romance. I was a little skeptical at first. I've never read anything in this genre. Ever!! Those historical type books always intimidated me. With their big fancy words. But, La ...more
J. McCoy
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-favorites
SO FUCKING GOOD!!! http://amzn.to/1u6OQvH

So I don’t do Historical Romance. Ever. Half the time, I can’t figure out what the characters are saying and it feels cheesy to me. In fact, I really didn’t read Romance in general until a few years ago, because of the cheese factor I had found in Historical. Guess what? The Awakening of Ivy Leavold has changed my mind. I was wrong about Historical Romance, apparently, because this book is FUCKING HOT!

I think what got me was that this book didn’t feel historical. Yes, it’s s
Angie  McLain
5 Stars – Suspenseful, Seductive and Engrossing

First off I need to say, that I don’t read historical romance…usually. It’s just not a type of book I usually enjoy; however there are always exceptions to every rule. The Awakening of Ivy Leavold is one of those brilliant exceptions. Sierra Simone gives us a story that is the exception. Rich, decadent, suspenseful, seductive, risqué, and fraught with suspected danger it’s a spectacular read. After being told by friends I trust implicitly that this b
Mercedes
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Mercedes by: CC
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Mr. Markham, you were delightful, and you can take me on at your manor anytime you'd like ;)

Julian Marham and Ivy Leavold, first of all, they have great names. Julian and Ivy, so classy sounding. I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It was my first foray into erotic HR and it was definitely a good book to start with. There's an ongoing "mystery" plot underscoring the romance that takes center stage and I think it works perfectly together. The author did an excellent job of giving readers a sto/>

Julian
Jacqueline
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was in the mood for an historical story and wow this was such a good read. It had a mystery sub plot, lots of sexual tension simmering away and quite the naughtiest house guests.

Ivy goes to live with Mr Markham following the death of her brother. Markham is her only living relative, and even then he's only related by marriage. Recently widowed, he is intense and deliciously alpha, at once pushing her away and following her around.

The smut was a joy and he has such a dir
Coco.V
Oct 17, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/17/2017)!
Sera
3.5 stars I am interested enough to continue the series, hopefully sooner rather than later after that abrupt ending.
Dirty Laundry Review
description

Ang:

I have to start by saying I love historical romances. My love of romance books was sealed when I was a pre-teen and would sneak my mom’s Harlequin historicals. I thought I knew all about the historical genre, but I was blown away by this novella. Honey, this ain’t your momma’s historical romance. Sure there may be petticoats, cloaks, bonnets, and breeches along with harsh societal codes about a woman’s wanton behavior and social standing if she lacks a husband at a certain age (oh wait, are we t
Tessa Sinclair
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an advance copy of this, and Sierra Simone does not disappoint!

I absolutely adored the gothic feel of this book, as well as Mr. Markham - who is so swoony in all the best of ways. He's just the right mix of gruff and serious and intense and intriguing.

And the sex scenes are beyond hot! While they're graphic, they're gorgeously graphic if that makes sense. Sierra's turn of phrase and descriptions are so intense and wonderful and achingly beautiful and...fan
100sweet
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
I wanted a possessive, ALPHA H and this H was only like this at the end. The h was innocent; she had never been kissed or been with a man. As soon as she meets the H, she has no problem acting flirty and wanting him to have sex with her. Lets not forget that the H's wife, who is the h's cousin, is barely in the grave. It was disgusting that the h had no shame. The H invites a bunch of people to his home and holds a sex party. The h is blindfolded and the men and women remove her clothing. BOTH m ...more
Fathima
3.5 stars ! Definitely intrigued ! :)
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe
This book had me scrambling for my thoughts and made me think for days, and yet nothing has ever come to mind of how to put into word of what I feel. All that is there in the back of my mind is a picture of a man with a tousled hair and a dark stubble. A square jaw, straight nose, clear green eyes. Julian Markham what am I gonna do with you?

And all I was like is:

And all I was like is:

Ivy Leavold has a flight instinct. Orphaned and mostly have been independent on her life. She has intrinsic attitude keeping to herself mostly.

But whatever, I love the story. I am rendered speechless!

“Lock your door at night, wildcat.”
“Why?”
White teeth flashed. A grin.
“Because of me.”
-S♡
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
☆5+ Stars!
He knelt in front of my knees.
“You have made a mistake,” he said. “You’ve let yourself be alone with me.”
Rodin
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ivy is awakened by her Julian.
Great plot.
Excellent historical setting.
Beautiful character development.
Ivy has lost her family.
Her inheritance.
She is now Julian’s.
Something she desires.
Something Julian fears.
Great complications.
Wonderful explorations.
Ivy’s first time is a piece de resistance!
Five shooting stars
Paloma *The Romance Queen*
this was so good! I've never read a historical erotica before and now I want to find them all and read them

this had such deliciously dark and gothic undertones and such erotic scenes it made a perfect mix.
There is also this mystery in the background that slowly makes itself the center of the story...and adds a healthy dose of fear to the story that just makes it irresistible.
Kat Desi
Dec 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kat by: Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
Sierra Simone is officially my new go-to erotica author. Why? Because a) she writes such enigmatic characters; b) she writes so deftly; and c) she writes the most awesome sex scenes ever with an effective plot to go along with it, and it was just what I need and what I was looking for. I SWEAR this book is one of the hottest books I have ever read. While it was very hot and very explicit, it was nowhere near close to trashy or tasteless, it was very well written.

Ivy Leavold had lost
L.E. Chamberlin
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
***4.5 "We Have the Same Darkness" Stars!!!***

What a dark delight this book is.

It sucked me in from the beginning, particularly because it reads like the slightly more twisted cousin of Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. It is both historical and contemporary, if that makes sense, but you hardly care about the period because you're too engrossed in the chemistry.

Julian's effect on Ivy is instantaneous and electrifying, but she doesn't waste our time with silly virginal simpering, which is refreshi
Kitten Mercer
4.5 stars!!!

I hate to admit but as much as that scene at the parlor filled me with disgust and utter contempt,

This series is so fucking good I can't wait to devour the rest!
Myla
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Myla by: CC
I enjoy reading historical romance, but by far this is the hottest that kept me on turning the pages. Ivy Leavold is the epitome of a woman who knows what she wants and she go and get it. Julian Markham is your 18th century Alpha male, rich, handsome, possessive, and very frank. The attraction between Julian & Ivy are undeniably at first sight. As the story unfolds, Ivy is still curious what really happen to her cousin Violet and did Julian have a hand in her death?
Ms. Simone writes well th

• Hot Summer Lust
  • The Riding Crop (Riding Crop #1)
  • Lie To Me (Sexual Misconduct #3)
  • With this Kiss
  • Opulence (The Excess, #1)
  • Lessons in Gravity (Study Abroad, #2)
  • Grandmaster's Legacy (Erotic Historical Suspense, Box Set)
  • The Love of Wicked Men - S01E01 (The Love of Wicked Men, #1.1)
  • Out of Her League (The Sun Never Sets, #2)
  • Unblocked - Episode Two (Timber Towers, #2)
  • Mark of the Gladiator (Warriors of Rome, #4)
  • A Question of Class
  • The Devil's Match (The Devil DeVere #4)
  • Sinful: Epilogue (Addicted, #2.1)
  • Sex and the Single Vamp
  • The Loyal Heart
  • There Will Be Phlogiston (Prosperity, #5)
  • Swept Away Volume One (Swept Away #1)

Markham Hall (4 books)
  • The Education of Ivy Leavold (Markham Hall, #2)
  • The Punishment of Ivy Leavold (Markham Hall, #3)
  • The Reclaiming of Ivy Leavold (Markham Hall, #4)
“last breath of daylight—and” 0 likes
“Perhaps these doubts were galvanizing. They were all pointing to something—that either my heart or my life were in danger, and that perhaps I should leave.” 0 likes