Start by marking “Behind the Stars, Complete Series (Behind the Stars, #1-6)” as Want to Read:
Behind the Stars, Complete Series (Behind the Stars, #1-6)

Behind the Stars, Complete Series

(Behind the Stars #1-6)

Prentiss Puckett is certain of three things:
-Graduation is two weeks away.
-Summer only gets hotter in south Mississippi.
-She’s getting a job with air-conditioning.

She did not expect to be kidnapped walking to work.
And she never expected to become a hero.

Red Dawn meets L O S T in this new action-adventure/paranormal romance from Amazon bestselling author Leigh Talbert Moor
ebook
Published December 31st 2014 by Leigh T. Moore (first published November 9th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Behind the Stars, Complete Series, please sign up.
Leigh Moore Sorry, I haven't logged onto Goodreads in about 2 years, so I'm just seeing this... I don't know what this question is about. If you click on my…moreSorry, I haven't logged onto Goodreads in about 2 years, so I'm just seeing this... I don't know what this question is about. If you click on my profile, you will see that I've only left 119 ratings, 70 reviews, and an average of 4.59 out of 5 stars... Would you mind messaging me with a screen shot of what this is about so I can contact GR admins in case I've been hacked? Thank you, Leigh T. Moore, 6/12/2018(less)

✿kawehi.reviews
Nov 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

★★★☆ 3.75-4 stars!!

description

Behind the Stars almost lost me at 30% into the book. It just didn’t catch me with the amount of flashbacks (particularly of Jackson) as it felt quite unnecessary and redundant after awhile.

Luckily though, it did pick up the pace around the 35% mark and from there I was intrigued.

A lot of the plot revolves around….
1) Who are these invaders? Why did they kidnap us?
2) Are they really not from our
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I am always on the lookout for some new and fresh and Moore has managed to do just that in her new book Behind the Stars.

So very different from anything I have read by her yet or even in this genre by anyone.

It is described as Red Dawn meets Lost and I think that is very fitting because this was quite the read.

This doesn't necessarily have action in it so much as it just had a lot going on between the past and present that kept you turning the pages and constantly guessing. Flashes of Prentiss
Aestas Book Blog
Nov 04, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-yet-released
This sounds really cool!! It's described as a New Adult action-adventure romance ... "Red Dawn meets LOST"

Prentiss Puckett is certain of three things:
-Graduation is two weeks away.
-Summer only gets hotter in south Mississippi.
-She’s getting a job with air-conditioning.

She did not expect to be kidnapped walking to work.
And she never expected to become a hero.

______________________________

RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 31, 2014
Behind the stars
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to author Leigh Talbert Moore.)

This was an interesting story, and not what I expected at all!

Prentiss was a strong character, and it was admiral how hard she worked to look out for her friends, and to try and get back to her boyfriend Jackson. She didn’t lose hope, even when things looked bad, and always strived to try and work out what was going on, and what she could do about it.

The story
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

5 stars!

This book clears two of my challenge spots. An alien invasion Sci/Fi hosted by Just Another Girl and Her Books and a finishing the series hosted by Bea’s Book Nook.

This was not what I was expecting at all! I’ve read a few books by LTM and I expected the story line to be similar in this book. I have never loved being wrong more in my life. This story starts off with a bang. Literally within the first few paragraphs you see what the main story line i
Home Is Where the Wine Is Book Blog
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 stars!
Ok first off this book is in six series. I HIGHLY recommend reading the complete series together. If not you are going to have to endure five cliffhangers lol.

Prentiss is a young inspiring veterinarian assistant. With a wonderful boyfriend, Jackson and great friends, her life is going just as planned. Until she is captured by a clan of people that she questions their human origin.

Determined to escape the farm in southern Mississippi that she is forced to work on, she finds allies in othe
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
*I actually rated this book 4.5 stars…but when leaving reviews at sites such as Goodreads, Amazon, etc…I round it to the next highest star.

Anyway, Gallatin and I weren’t really friends. When all was said and done, we were on opposite sides of the line. We were enemies, and for now, I was his prisoner.

Plucked off the road and sent to stay in a camp against her will, Prentiss makes it her mission to find out who it is that kidnapped her and get her friends out alive. Even if it means befrie
Becca
Dec 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour
Check out this review and more at my blog!

“I needed to spend more time remembering what our world used to be like and thinking about reality. Not this mixed-up summer camp existence I’d somehow fallen into believing we were living.”

When you read the synopsis for Behind the Stars you will notice that it does not give much away as to what this story is about. I will not be spoiling the book in this review, because this synopsis is perfect! It was so much better to go into this book that way an
Jennifer  Ricketts (Donnie Darko Girl)
I received a copy of this book for my stop on the blog tour at Donnie Darko Girl.

Just a couple days ago I said I'm a fan of serials, and Behind the Stars is another reason why. Well written, intelligent, and mysterious, this series is the kind that keeps you in a constant state of holding your breath either hoping for or against the next thing to happen. And while you don't know what will happen, you do know there's enough tension to cut with a knife and keep you on the edge of your seat.

I rea
Blondies Little Book Life
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Why was this happening? I wasn’t this kind of person. Other girls got their feelings all mixed up over boys, but I didn’t. That question had been settled in my mind years ago, and yet here I was acting like a starry-eyed little twit . I was failing in my job to rescue us. Everyone was counting on me, and here I was useless, fighting this battle with myself. I had to get it together. I had to get myself back on track, for all of us.

This is my first time reading a Leigh Talbert Moore book, and I a
Moon Love
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

For my first Leigh Talbert Moore book, I picked a really good one. I was aware she'd written contemporary novels but hadn't had a chance to read them yet. Then when she announced this book was going to be re-released with a new title and as a serial I was surprised, but not quite eager to read the book. Then I read the first chapter. After finishing it, all I wanted to do was read this book.

Thankfully the high energy that I felt in the first chapter carried out through out the book. Th
Alina Syed
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
*I received an eBook copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

‘Behind the Stars’ is a story about a farm girl, Prentiss Pucket. After her graduation in two weeks, she and her boyfriend, Jackson, are going to get married and live a happy life on Jackson’s father’s farm. But suddenly, Prentiss is kidnapped. She wakes up in a sort of a camp with some people she recognises, inter alia, her brother. Jackson is nowhere to be seen. The people in the camp have to fulfil tasks in groups. Prent
Leigh Moore
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
(Formerly titled 21 DAYS.)

Pre-Order links are LIVE!

Note: I'm releasing the book in a serial format starting Nov. 9; however the *complete* book will go LIVE on Dec. 31!

BEHIND THE STARS - Everywhere Dec. 31 - http://smarturl.it/BTSAM

iTunes: http://smarturl.it/BTS1i
Nook: http://smarturl.it/BTS1N
Kobo: http://smarturl.it/BTS1K

Learning to Spy (#2) -
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

Prentiss was a pretty complex character. In the beginning, she has her little world. She chooses to keep herself blind to things, she has her little life plan, and she tells herself she's happy with it. As the story progresses, she comes out of her little world shell. Of course, being kidnapped has a way of waking a person up, but I enjoyed watching her strengthen as a character.

This book was a wonderful read with suspense, drama, romance, and even a band of
Lelia Taylor
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: full-reviews
Those of us who've been around the reading block a few times ;-) know that reading tastes are cyclical and what floats your boat at one time in your life may very well fade into the past at some point. There was a rather lengthy time in my life when I couldn't get enough of books set in the South or small farm towns and the like. The first pages of Behind the Stars took me there again with the dust of the dirt road on a hot summer's day in Dabb Creek, Mississippi.

This is a book filled with myste
Derna
Dec 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
~~I received this in exchange for an honest review~~

Behind the Stars (Behind the Stars #1-6) by Leigh Talbert Moore was a little different from my normal read. Paranormal fantasy is not my first choice, but I won't say no. When the synopsis said it was Red Dawn meets Lost I thought why not give it ago. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Lost, but I did love Red Dawn the 1984 version starring Patrick Swayze. (I’m a big fan of Patrick)

Prentiss Puckett is happy, It’s summer; she has a job, graduation is
Sherilynn Green
Nov 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I'm giving the review to Behind the starts 1 and 2 together. I was leery about reading this book when one of the reviews likened it to Red Dawn. That book/movie kept me awake for months after reviewing it. But, I delved into it with caution I almost scrapped it due to cussing in a few places, I have a hard time with swearing in books. (this is why the book only rated 3 stars otherwise I would have given it 4) I braved reading past the cussing and found I really liked the story. When I was able t ...more
Paula  Phillips
Dec 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
The Tagline for this series reads "Red Dawn Meets LOST" - All books must be read in order as they follow and connect the readers to the "Whole" story.

Also available as a serial , Behind the Stars is a new collection and tale from Leigh Talbert Moore who is known for her Mosaic Series. Behind the Stars is not normally a book I would have picked up, but since I have enjoyed this author in the past - I did. To give you a heads up, this book is a Science Fiction adventure and in a way reminded me of
Jessica Bronder
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Prentiss is in the last year of high school. She has her life planned out for her, graduate, become a veterinary, marry Jackson the love of her life, and live the rest of her life on a farm. After her broken home with her mother’s death, her father’s drunkenness, and her brother’s fire and brimstone preaching, she decides that is the best form of stability.

But one day she is kidnapped and waked up with several other kids her age in a strange camp. It resembles something like a summer camp. The e
Tina
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you haven't picked up the first installment of this serial release, I highly recommend you pick up the full series which released today! I've been a fan of Leigh Talbert Moore for a while now, and when I heard her next series would be adventurous and sci-fi based I knew I had to get my hands on it. I was not disappointed.

Prentiss was a character that grew on me. I loved her constant questioning and her unfailing determination to save her friends. I thought I knew where the story was headed bu
Sassy Southern Book Affair
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Leigh got in touch with me about reviewing this book and I'm glad she did. Just based on the synopsis, this book is not what I thought it was. This was a paranormal read but luckily that doesn't bother me at all. In fact at the time, I was needing a change.

Prentiss is a strong character. She's a hard worker. Wanting to better herself, she helps out and learns all she can from the local vet. Her plans are to get through school, then marry Jackson and help out on the farm. But there are a turn of
Ilona
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Leigh Moore is a talented author who brings exciting stories to her readers and Behind the Stars is no different.

Behind the Stars is the complete story from 6 individual parts, Captive, Learning to Spy, Harvest Moon, Jackson, Into the Woods and If I Fly. Each part is full of emotional moments giving the reader a spike sense uncertainty before the next part is revealed.

Prentsis Puckett is a young girl from a farming community that has been dealt a hard young life. The only consist in her life is
Kelly Mccurdy
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
~~I received this in exchange for an honest review~~

Man, this is one of the best series that Leigh has put out! I couldn't put it down at all!!! In a small town something strange is happens. Prentiss is on her way to Dr. Greens, when suddenly everything goes dark. She wakes up, unsure of the day, and unsure where she is. All she knows is that she has to get out of there and back to Jackson. But, things aren't what they seem. The people that are holding her captive, aren't who they claim to be. A
Lori
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I was provided an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

I really was not sure what to expect when I began this book. The synopsis the author provided does not really begin to describe all that is about to happen. I don’t want to give away too much so I will just say I am really glad I took a chance on this story.

Prentiss was a strong character like a Hermione or Katniss. She was someone who had no idea how strong she was until she had to be. Prentiss had a rough upbringing after losing
Nancy The book junkie
Oct 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own, arcs
Rating: 3.75/5

**I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

I will start by saying that the storyline wasn’t what I was expecting at all! I started reading thinking it was going to be a story about at kidnapped girl and well… let’s just say that it was much more than that!

The story took some time before catching my attention. There’s a lot of flashback and they might help us get to know the characters more they felt redundant after a while and it made me felt like the stor
Book Chick (Tori)
Oct 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read the first 2 parts of this book and could not wait to finish the series. It is described as "Red Dawn" meets "Lost," & what an accurate description that is! Prentiss is a small town girl who finds herself held prisoner in some kind of camp and has no memory of how she got there. She is tiny, yet smart & strong-willed, and sets out to find why she is there and who the people are that are holding much of her Mississippi town captive.
This book was intriguing and once I started readin
Dawn
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Behind the Stars grabbed my interest quickly and it was difficult to put the book down. It was a “just one more chapter” book. I’m really glad that I waited until all 6 parts were available before I read it.

Leigh Talbert Moore has a nice writing style that flows well and is easy to read. Even though there are many times that the story goes back to the past, it’s done in a way that’s not confusing.

The main character, Prentiss, is small but that doesn’t stop her from getting what she wants. Her wh
Rebekah
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Received a free eBook for a honest review.
I have previously received the first two episodes,and reviewed them. This was the first time reading anything from Leigh Moore.

The first in the series, "Behind the Stars: Captive" I found slow and confusing at times. There were many flashbacks to previous events.

Once I got past the first view chapters. I found myself reading a whole section at a time. Was a easy read, which sicked you in and wanting more.
Prentiss Puckett is from an obscure town in south
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
A captivating scifi adventure. I was hooked from page one becoming fully emerged in the story. The plot was well paced and engaging. The characters were interesting and I found it easy to sympathize with their situation and root for a happy ending. Though, at first, I didn't care for the main character but she quickly grew on me throughout the book.
I loved the high stakes and action that made the story move quickly towards the end.
Renee at Book Happiness
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest review. I have to say that this was not my usual read. This was way different than other books I have read. I found this to be a very refreshing read. This book has a great mix of adventure and romance and a little sci-fi thrown in for good measure.
I really enjoyed Prentiss character because she was a wonderful fighter throughout it all..

• Edge of Truth
  • Niko
  • Forced Autonomy, Phase 1 (Forced Autonomy, #1)
  • The Polaris Uprising (Polaris, #1)
  • Amaranthine: The Heart of Decompose
  • Outshine
  • Pulled Within (Bar Harbor, #2)
  • Unleashed
  • La mia musica sei tu
  • The Beginning of Never
  • Krengel & the Krampusz
  • The Boy From The Woods
  • RecruitZ (Afterworld, #1)
  • ProtoStar (The Star-Crossed Saga)
  • Sage (The Evolution, #2)
  • Haunting Joy (Haunting Joy #1)
  • Everything Under The Sun
  • The Sham
I'm the hat lady--wife, mom, reader, writer, caffeine addict, chocoholic, southern expat, and beach bum.
*LIKE my Facebook page for daily updates, new release announcements, and sale info!
*SIGN UP for my newsletter for new release announcements! (not spam)
*I LOVE hearing from readers! Send feedback, ask questions, or say hello at leightmoore(at)gmail.com.
*And I share books I think RULE right here

Behind the Stars (7 books)
  • Captive (Behind the Stars, #1)
  • Learning to Spy (Behind the Stars, #2)
  • Harvest Moon (Behind the Stars, #3)
  • Jackson (Behind the Stars, #4)
  • Into the Woods (Behind the Stars, #5)
  • If I Fly (Behind the Stars, #6)