Start by marking “Sweet Bea (Sir Arthur's Legacy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Bea (Sir Arthur's Legacy, #1)

Sweet Bea

(Sir Arthur's Legacy #1)

Is anything sweeter than revenge?

In a family of remarkable people, ordinary Beatrice strives to prove herself worthy. When her family is threatened with losing everything, she rushes to London to save them. Unfortunately, she chooses as her savior the very man who will see her family brought low.

Garrett has sworn vengeance on Sir Arthur of Anglesea for destroying his life
Published September 1st 2014 by Lyrical Trade (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Bea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Bea

Caz
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-other, arc
Sweet Bea is an entertaining medieval road-trip story into which the author has thrown a feisty, breeches-wearing heroine, a not-so-heroic hero, a tart with a heart and various other romantic novel clichés and somehow managed to come up with a story I didn’t entirely hate!

Lady Beatrice of Anglesey is the baby of the family (although not for much longer, as her mother is expecting) and even though she’s now a young woman, her family continues to treat her like a child. She’s usually sent from the
Lynn Spencer
Sep 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've said numerous times that I don't have too many dealbreakers as a reader because a good author can make me like just about anything. And Sweet Bea is a book that proves that true. Somehow Sarah Hegger takes a lying jerk hero, a curl-tossing and feisty heroine, and a handful of ridiculous romance plotting cliches, and turns it all into a fun but also surprisingly moving story.

Beatrice of Angelsea is the member of the household least likely to be taken seriously - and it frustrates her no end.
Kim Handysides
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. Beatrice is delightful and dear with a lion’s heart and a puppy’s penchant for mishaps. You want to protect her and cheer her on as she forges an adventure founded on family loyalty and a fierce sense of justice. I squirmed when sexy capable Garrett, the man she (and I) believed is her champion actually plans to ruin and strand her in the middle of nowhere.
After loving Garrett in the first chapter, I hated him in the next, not just because he wanted to take his ven
Juliette Cross
Sep 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another fabulous historical romance by Ms. Hegger. I absolutely adored this romance. Garrett's hard exterior and wounded past sets up perfectly for Sweet Bea to come along and be the balm to his scarred soul. Loved to see her chisel away at his hard shell, never even knowing what she was doing.

Favorite quote: "He wanted to gather the parts of her she scattered around and keep them just for himself."

Lovely story! Recommend to all historical romance lovers.
Rhenna Morgan
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a solid read! Adventure, character growth, deep emotion--it's all there. I'm still not sure which character I enjoyed more. Bea's personality is so light and lovely, the kind of heroine you love to cheer on. Garrett--well, he has some significant growth. Sarah Hegger did an exceptional job of taking a man with a twisted heart and guiding him to goodness.

Another thing I enjoyed--the description. The author's words were so well crafted I found myself easily falling into medieval times and ex
Mei
Sep 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I received this book from Netgalley for my honest review.

I really wanted to like it, but it was just so and so...

To me it seemed that it was overly simplicistic. I think that this book should be tagged as YA or NA, because that was the idea I had while reading it. If it has been rated like that I wouldn't have requested it, because YA/NA is not my gendre.

It is not a bad book. Absolutely no. But I didn't like how the characters thought and how they acted. I couldn't sympathize with them. Most of
FicCentral
FicCentral.com

With a graceful mother, strong brothers, and a beautiful sister, Beatrice has always felt she's just a little less than the rest of her family. But when danger looms while her father and brothers are away, she has the chance to prove herself worthy by dashing off to deliver the message that will save them all.

Garrett's been waiting his entire life to avenge his mother. Were it not for Beatrice's father, his mother might have kept her dignity, might have made a fruitful life for herself and her
Gemma Brocato
Nov 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was a dramatic telling of a young girl's quest for adventure and her need to save her family. During the time of King John, there was always some sort of intrigue, espionage and political folderol. Beatrice of Anglesea is the baby of the family, preceded in the birth order by a lovely sisters and three strong brothers. All her life, she's been nothing more than Sweet Be a to them, a child prone to mishaps and hijinks. For that reason, when she sees an opportunity to make a difference f ...more
Collette Cameron
Another dazzling historical by Sarah Hegger!

Such a fun twist from the typical romance tropes.

Ms. Hegger had me hooked from the very beginning with her dark hero. I was prepared to smack Garrett, but he redeemed himself quite splendidly by the end of the book. Bea's sweet ineptness combined with a her determination to help her family, endeared her to me.

The secondary characters added such fun dimension to this captivating story. I adored Nurse and Tom, and found Ivy and Newt delightful.

Ms. Heg
Danielle Rhudy
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet Bea is a passionate tale that weaves quite the path for the protagonist, Beatrice. After overhearing a terrifying plot, Bea sets out on a mission to warn her family and save them all. The young girl meets several obstacles along the way, and as she travels with her companions, her relationship with Garret changes considerably.

This book started out a bit slow. It actually took me until page 100 before I was able to really pick up on the story and fall in love with the characters. However,
Anita
I'm actually quite pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this book.  I was expecting some historical fluff, and while the book was definitely fluffy, it was actually also kind of inspirational, even if not on any global levels.

Beatrice is kind of the odd sheep in her family of extraordinary people, as the summary states.  Her mother, the Lady Mary, is well-respected and authoritative; her father a great knight and warrior whom even the king has become envious of.  Her brothers readily fol
Gaele
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Heggers has taken a character mired in ill intent, and if not making him lovable, redeeming him to the point that the heroine’s fascination with and feelings for him are understood.

Beatrice is the youngest of Sir Arthur’s daughters, a bit spoiled and headstrong in her wanting to do more for others, her naiveté can land her in some horrible situations. She feels ‘unremarkable’ in her family, but her good heart shines through any of the missteps she may make.

She learns of a situation that c
J.R.
Aug 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bea – This character is so well done. I could completely see and hear her as I read the story, and I smiled so big at her personality. Including but not limited to: her wit, her determination, her stubbornness, her big huge heart that won’t let her pass up helping a medieval hooker who’s getting raped or a thief who’s getting hanged. Or even a man who’s been using her to get back at her father. But enough about the plot I don’t want to ruin.

Garrett – okay his name first of all. And he’s such a
Christina
“Time to be wooed. Wooed with honeyed words and sweeter touches. Delightful tingles spread to Beatrice’s fingertips, rushed back again, and pooled in her stomach.”

Sweet Bea follows a young Lady Beatrice on her journey to London to warn her father of false charges set against him and at the same time falling more in love with Garrett, a man who is hell-bent on getting revenge for what Lady Beatrice’s father had done in the past with the means of turning the man’s youngest daughter into a whore li
Carrie Elks
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Bea has captured my attention for the past two days, and I've enjoyed every moment of it. The story of Bea--a girl with a heart of gold--and Garrett, her suitor who has a secret to hide, was an enjoyable and emotional romp / road trip through medieval England.

Bea leaves her castle in Anglesea in search of her father in London, to try and prevent an invasion that threatens her family. She travels with the help of Tom (her childhood friend) and Garrett, a local blacksmith who happens to be
Raine Balkera
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was my introduction to Sarah Hegger's work, and the two lead characters, Bea and Garrett, were believable as well as compelling. She is innocent, compulsive, and caring while he is vindictive and angry, with a nasty secret he intends to use against Lady Beatrice in order to achieve a life's goal of vengeance.
I liked him regardless, though. I liked the leading lady, too, even when she was being all silly and reckless. It was the ending, however, that came as a pleasant surprise. Not your typ
Xio Axelrod
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh Bea, sweet Bea! She's such a loving, gentle soul that even Garrett, hell bent on revenge at any cost, cannot resist her.

This was a great read. I wanted to throttle Bea at times, but she couldn't help it. She had such a good heart and was too trusting for her own good. Wonderful twists and turns. I recommend this to anyone that enjoys fun and adventurous historical romance.
Brittany
Aug 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This was pretty amazing. It was funny and thrilling. I just could not put it down. This book will have you laughing, crying and rooting for a HEA. I really hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Sally Hannoush
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read and full of love, humor and crazy adventures. I felt the story was well written and flowed wonderfully. I lost sleep because I just had to keep reading until the end. I love reading Historical Romances and would recommend anyone else who does to pick this one up.
Shelby
Aug 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I'm going to start with a caveat. I do not read historical romance. When I signed up for the good reads give away, I thought it was a bit more high fantasy. So, fans of the genre, please take this review with a grain of salt, as I'm an outsider looking in. I read fantasy, science fiction, urban fantasy. Closest to historical romance is cozy Mysteries. Preferably with cats.

This book was confusing to me. It feels like it is written for a young audience, except for the R-rated sex scenes. Nothing h
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
While I enjoyed this book, I wish the first half was as entertaining as the last half. I loved the story and the adventure road trip was fun, but it was difficult to connect with the characters until towards the end. Bea's character could be incredibly frustrating, but you find yourself cheering for her after her many misadventures. Definitely worth the read if you stay with it.
Kimberly Westrope
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
It’s hard to not fall in love with the characters in this story. There is Bea, who seems to enjoy pushing the limits at every chance, and who attracts trouble wherever she goes. Her sidekicks on her road trip to London are Garrett, whose plans for revenge against Bea’s father are put on hold as gets to know Bea, and her best friend, Tom. They pick up a couple more interesting characters along the way.
Each character is so distinct and most of them are quite loveable, though I confess Tom is my fa
Linda
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beatrice has to sneak away to see Garrett. He makes no promises about his feelings towards her but she is besotted. She thinks Garrett is charming because he woos her with honeyed words and sweet touches. When she is close to him, he has an earthy scent that was uniquely his. Garrett tells her that what she’s feeling is natural and not a sin. He can tell she is close to giving in to her desires.
Garrett is not what he seems to be. He is out for revenge and his target is Sir Arthur of Anglesea, B
Farrah
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very sweet, delight of a read, Sweet Bea was a lovely historical romance that I really enjoyed. It was a charming read and I really liked it.

Bea was a wonderful heroine. She really was a genuinely sweet, kind, and just an overall likable character. Yes, she was impulsive and had a tendency to act first, think later, but it was always with the best of intentions. She was a lovely character and I really liked her.

Garrett didn't make the best first impression. Not only did he come off as cold, bu
Amanda Richardson
Sep 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. In the beginning it was Garrett was a hard hero to like. I didn't care for him sleeping with the village light skirt and trying to seduce Beatrice. Poor Beatrice, she wanted a man to love her and her family to see that she was more than a silly girl. Garrett sets out to seduce Bea for revenge on her father. Bea's father sent Garrett and his mother, a rich man's leman, out to fend for themselves after his father was found to be a traitor.

Bea was ready to be seduced, she thought
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
What starts out as a tale about revenge and retribution turns into a story of love and redemption.

Sweet Beatrice is known as the ordinary and plain one in her family. With three failed betroths, Beatrice is convinced that no man will ever find her as attractive or desirable as her older, happily married sister. So when handsome and witty Garrett shows interest in Bea she is flattered and delighted by his intentions.

However, things are not always what they seem. Garrett has an ulterior motive fo
Nicole
Rating: None; DNF

Reason for Reading: I was in the mood for historical fiction, and the summary seemed interesting.

The reason I did not give this book a rating is because of two reasons: one, I didn't finish, and two, I'm extremely neutral on this book.

Sweet Bea is not a bad book. The plot seems interesting, the characters are diverse in personality, motives, and such. The writing style is fine. On a whole, I did not see anything wrong with it from as far as I read.

However, this book did not grab
A.S. Fenichel
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Everything a romance novel should be!

Sweet Bea had it all. First and foremost, it had a heroine who melted my heart. Beatrice is funny, naïve, determined, adorable and surprisingly brave. While she melts you, Garret will break your heart. His need for revenge is great but his good nature shines through almost from the beginning.

Ms. Hegger manages a thrilling and sometimes gory story while keeping romance central. The adventure she takes you on will make you laugh, cry and cringe. The violence of
Molly
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In this family of remarkable people, Beatrice is ordinary and only strives to prove herself worthy to her family. When her family is threatened with losing everything, she rushes to London to save them all. Unfortunately, she chooses as her savior as the man, who will see her family lose everything. Garrett has sworn vengeance on Sir Arthur of Anglesea for destroying his life, when he was a boy and forcing his mother into prostitution (which was his mothers only choice for work at the time) in o ...more
Amanda Thompson
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
You know that song? The song from Maria from The Sound of Music, well this song fits Bea PERFECTLY. She gets into scrape after scrape in this book, her exploits just make you giggle. This sweet brave girl sets off to save her family and what an adventure she has. My ABSOLUTE favorite part from this book is the ending and it's not because of the romance, her family ends up being all together in one room and man did they make me laugh so hard. You have to read this book! One of my all time favorit ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Under These Restless Skies
  • World of Ash (Ash and Ruin #1)
  • The Sexiest Man Alive (Life and Love on the Lam, #4)
  • The Best of Me (Return to Briarwood, #2)
  • Starting Over (Nugget, #4)
  • Of Stardust
  • Touching the Moon
  • Blind Mercy (Blind, #2)
  • Life on the Level (On the Verge #3)
  • The Heartbeat Hypothesis
  • Before They Find Us
  • Forever Now (Forever #1)
  • Soldier of Fortune (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #2 )
  • Irresistible?
  • Learning the Ropes (Rodeo #3)
  • Prima Donna (Friends First, #2)
  • Get to Me (Men of Honor, #2)
  • Lady Of The Knight (Knights, #3;  The Brocade #4)
Born British and raised in South Africa, Sarah Hegger suffers from an incurable case of wanderlust. Her match? A hot Canadian engineer, whose marriage proposal she accepted six short weeks after they first met. Together they’ve made homes in seven different cities across three different continents (and back again once or twice). If only it made her multilingual, but the best she can manage is idio ...more

Sir Arthur's Legacy (5 books)
  • My Lady Faye (Sir Arthur's Legacy, #2)
  • Conquering William (Sir Arthur's Legacy,  #3)
  • Roger's Bride (Sir Arthur's Legacy,  #4)
  • Releasing Henry (Sir Arthur's Legacy, #5)