Start by marking “99 Days” as Want to Read:
99 Days

99 Days (99 Days #1)

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  14,054 Ratings  ·  2,219 Reviews
Day 1: Julia Donnelly eggs my house my first night back in Star Lake, and that’s how I know everyone still remembers everything—how I destroyed my relationship with Patrick the night everything happened with his brother, Gabe. How I wrecked their whole family. Now I’m serving out my summer like a jail sentence: Just ninety-nine days till I can leave for college, and be don ...more
Published April 21st 2015 by Balzer + Bray

Wendy Darling
I like complicated situations and characters. What I don't like are characters who continue to willfully hurt others over and over and over and over and over again--including the few innocent/nice bystanders--and who otherwise have absolutely zero interesting or redeeming qualities. The double standard of girls being judged for sleeping around when guys aren't is a valid point, but it's mostly lost in the shuffle when the main character is so incredibly, knowingly stupid and behaves in such deva ...more
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Gabe’s still got his palm on my knee. He squeezes a bit, then slides his hand farther over, fingertips picking at the seam on the inner thigh of my jeans.

That’s when Patrick nudges his leg against mine. My breath comes fast and ragged all of a sudden, and I concentrate on slowing it down so nobody will hear.

The worst part is I can feel myself responding in other ways also, the low swoop of want in my stomach and the skin all over my body tightening up—and I don’t even know who I’m responding to
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2 stars!

I found this book through an ad that popped up when I was watching Pretty Little Liars and thought to myself, why not give it a try? It was on sale, I didn’t know what to read and because of the polarizing premise, I knew at the very least the story would keep my attention, a quality that’s very hard to find in books I read nowadays. And I was right – I was never bored but that ends the list of compliments I could ever give this book.

“He was my best friend. He was my first love. I had
Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always

*This review is ranty and will possibly contain spoilers.

Right off the bat, I need to tell you guys that Molly is an inconsiderate bitch . Half of the time I wished I could go into this book and teach this girl a lesson, because apparently, she can't learn from her mistakes on her own. She has to go prancing around and repeating the mistakes she's made before, and then throws herself a fucking pity party afterwards.

See, the whole town shunned her for sleeping with her boyfriend's brother. And
Sophia Sardothien
Review 2.0

WHAT THE CRAP I don't remember ever being so angry with a contemporary book I would have smash it if it wasn't in my kindle. I desperately wanted to love this book.

Oh god honestly....

Okay this book is about a girl who use to dates a guy, but ends up breaking up with him because she screwed up with his brother.

Now the synopsis makes it extremely intriguing right?
Like it got me into wondering
1) how will she resolve such a crisis
2) who is the guy she truly loves

Now DONT LET IT FOOL
Aj the Ravenous Reader

The storyline and the major characters are all shades of effed up. Seriously. I wanted to slap Molly’s mom in the face a hundred times, Molly a hundred and fifty. I was yelling every creative curse I can at her for all the times she succumbed to her weaknesses, selfishness and indecisiveness. I wanted to kick Patrick’s head for being a jerk and for experimenting on power tripping. I wanted to smash his and Gabe’s heads together for their egotistical contests at the expense of a girl’s feelings a
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Re-read 5/11/18: 2015 Chelsea definitely had way stronger feelings about this one than 2018 Chelsea, lol. I still enjoyed this one a whole lot, it’s definitely one of the more realistic YA contemporaries that I’ve read. HOWEVER. This time I picked up on some weirdness re: fatness and it really turned me off. It was one of those “you’re not fat, you’re beautiful” moments that imply fat people aren’t beautiful and it made me headdesk real hard 🙄 buuuuut other than that I did really like the story ...more
Jaime Arkin
I finished 99 days last night and I woke up this morning still thinking about it. I’m not going to lie, it’s a tough read, and I feel like people are either really going to love this or really going to hate this. Cheating is always a hard topic to really get into. But here’s the thing… while the cheating may be the catalyst to a lot of what happens in this story, it’s not really what it is about once you get to that final page.

Molly Barlow lives in the small town of Star Lake… she’s grown up wit
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

A story about a love triangle? And I kinda liked it? I’m pretty sure I’m going to Hell for this one. Let me check the good book to make sure . . .

Commercial Photography

Yep, the Bird Bible says I should get my handbasket ready ‘cause I’m going to burn for eternity.

99 Days is the story of Molly Barlow and the Donnelly family who have been friends forever. At some point Molly’s playdates with the three siblings morphed into a different sort of playdate with P
Hannah (The Irish Banana Review)
Elena
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO sorry guys, but this is just me ranting!

This book pissed me off. BIG TIME.
To be honest this was the first time I really wanted to set a book on fire. Which for me is sort of blasphemous.
Like, don't get me wrong. I applaud Katie Cotugno for writing a story like this and for her writing style. But I can't say I loved this book, because these characters were SO annoying.
Both guys were a**holes. The main protagonist was dumb.
At the beginning I felt sympathy for her, but then I just wanted to s
Kylie
I very much did not like this novel.
To start off, it was quite boring for the first half of the book, so boring that I was contemplating DNF'ing it.

Next, I HATE LOVE TRIANGLES I am a firm believer of everybody has a one and only true love. And Molly just went absolutely crazy with everything she was doing.
Also, I feel this novel depicted women (Molly) as sort of a game to have fun with. As Gabe and Patrick were feeling challenged over and always needed to one-up each other.

Truthfully, I like
Jen
Oct 20, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Beth Hudspeth
Reviewed by: Hello Beautiful Book Blog

A different kind of summer romance with a concept that will keep you fully engaged, even though some of the content will have you scratching your head.

Despite some of the main character’s terrible choices there was definitely a level of entertainment something like a soap opera would bring to you. I just had a hard time connecting with the main character and some parts of the story line. However, 2 stars does not mean I hated it, it just means I thought it
Riley
Review to come later!
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An advance copy of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own.

This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I'm just going to get to the point straightaway: there probably won't be many in-betweeners on this one. 99 Days is a book that you're likely to either love or loathe, depending on your stance on cheating and love triangles and how open-minded you are to either concept. I don't particularly enjoy reading about these things, bu
Kaitlin
Aug 24, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF --- 40%

I. Do. Not. Recommend. This. Book.

I was looking for a cute summer read to end of my summer break with.
Gabe is adorable.
The Writing-style is amazing.

So why did I DNF this?

Because of Molly. I don't think I've ever hated a book character as much as her. She is so self-absorbed and clueless and gosh I cannot stand her. All she does is blame everything else on her problems when it is her own fault. She is the one who cheated and she will not take any responsibility for it. Like no.

Molly
Juhina
Cheating has a big part in this book and I personally felt uneasy reading about it. How could I root for someone who is cheating?
It was addicting though and I couldn't stop reading.

Full Review
99 Days is the sophomore novel for Katie Cotugno. Living up to How to Love is almost impossible but I was willing to give 99 Days a go. 99 Days' plot was easy to get into and get hooked on. It counts up the days by each chapter. I was so excited to read it because, I mean, read the synopsis! Girl comes bac

This was an enjoyable YA contemporary romance, and as I got further into it I was desperate to know what would happen!

I liked Molly, and I felt sorry for her and the way her mother had spilled all her secrets to the world. I can’t imagine that having your love life turned into a book and having everyone reading your most intimate confessions would be easy! I did think that M
Christy (TheReaderBee)
99 Days is a book about facing your mistakes, and learning to start over. When Molly’s mom turns her biggest mistake into a best-selling novel, Molly’s first instinct is to run. After being away at boarding school for the past year, it’s time for her to return to her small town for the summer, to face the past she left behind, and the biggest mistake she ever made.

It’s not often that I read a book where I felt both sympathy and insane frustration for a main character. That’s exactly how I felt
Andreya Klobucar
Apr 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT...why is there no more book? I think my book is missing pages or something.

I stayed up until 2 am for this really anticlimactic ending, my stomach rumbling from hunger with no red vines or twizzlers in sight. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the cuteness of it all. I rated it a 4 because Molly pissed me off a lot haha and I'm still not sure how I feel about the way it ended. The characters were 2 and a half dimensional (so not quite 3D but almost) and I felt c
Shannon Moore
Um... wow. I can definitely see why this has so many low ratings - I'm sitting at 2.5 stars. I'm just really not a fan of how the storyline went (there were so many directions it could've travelled but this is what was chosen?) the open ending, and how little remorse the heroine actually has for her actions. There's no decision making processes or care for how she was hurting many of her friends over and over.

Side note: I despise when guys use like a lot.
"Like, I don't even know who you are ri
Jasprit

99 Days was a book I found myself immediately caught up with, usually when a character finds their back against the wall, I always find myself rooting for them to pick themselves up and fight back. Molly Barlow made a big mistake and yes it ended up ruining one of the best relationships she had with the Donnelly’s, but this doesn’t mean she was the only one to blame, there were two people that made the mistake, but Molly was the only one who ended up dealing with the backlash and this a
Harmonyofbooks
Uzun bir öpücük değildi, sadece buradasın der gibi bir dokunuştu. İşte buradasın, diye düşünüp başımı kaldırmıştım. Duvardan sarkan, okuduğumuz dergiler gibi yıllardır babasına ait olan o kafesli ampulden yansıyan ışığın vurduğu yüzüne bakmıştım.
İşte buradasın.
2,5/5🌟🌟
Gerçekten kalbimi çok kıran bir kitaptı kendisi. Elime geçtiği gibi okuduğum kitabı bırakıp resmen üstüne zıpladım. Yazardan Beni Yine Sev kitabını okumuş çok beğenmiştim ve uzun zamandır içimdeki genç yetişkin romantik tarzı kitap
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
Visit Stay Bookish for more book reviews!

Katie Cotugno’s debut novel, How To Love, was one of my favorite novels in 2013 and I was so psyched to hear about her new book. She excels in writing very complicated stories that I enjoy and I can definitely say her sophomore novel is just as messy but captivating.

“I don’t know how I became this person, one of those girls with a lot of drama around her. A person whose romantic garbage literally fills an entire book.”

I couldn’t stop myself from devouring
Arlene
I’m surprised about my reaction to 99 Days. This is a book I normally wouldn't like because of the love triangle between a girl and two brothers, but for some reason it kept me interested, and I never really had the urge to punch Molly in the face. I must have been in a really good mood because under different circumstances, I would have dropped this story like a bad habit.

99 Days takes place after Molly returns home after finishing her senior year at a boarding school states away from her home
Kaitlin
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Source: I received an e-arc of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I definitely got sucked into 99 Days! It was tough to pull away from at many times. It wasn't until the end, though, that I looked back and thought, "wow, that was REALLY good." Events in the end made me appreciate how things were handled in this book, even if I did get upset with the main character's actions on quite a few occasions.

You will most likely be upset with Molly. She made some really bad decisions and she may
Meli
Oct 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: tu piiiiiiiiior enemigo
Shelves: de-lo-peor
¡FELICIDADES A MOLLY! Por ser una de las protagonistas más horrendas con las que me crucé en mi vida, le dediqué una entrada en mi blog: PROTAGONISTAS QUE MERECEN UN FLECHAZO EN LA FRENTE , en donde explico por qué es horrenda y por qué no le recomendaría este libro ni a peor enemigo :D

No se la pierdan ;)

1.5 y solo porque el final fue decente (lo único, de hecho).

I JUST CAN'T.

Este libro atrasa al menos 100 años.
Es irritable y misógino. En un momento de enojo, Molly se acuesta con el hermano m
Ellis
Holy shit.

I'm going to leave the rating blank for now because I need to think about this one for a little. It gets ugly and it's messy and it's confused people making stupid decisions and I got so mad but I think I also love it? It's impossible not to have a reaction to this book. I don't think anyone is ever going to label this as "a perfectly fine/nice book" and I'm actually really excited about that, but I think it's also going to be a very polarising read. If you liked Cracked Up to Be, 17
Colette
A fast, light contemporary that perfectly sets the mood for a relaxing summer beach day. I love the set up of the story, how each chapter is a different day, 1-99. However, from beginning to end, it feels like Molly, the main character, comes full-circle, and by that I mean she ends up where she started. Overall 3/5 stars; not the best book, but it has its moments of beauty.
  • Every Last Promise
  • Making Pretty
  • City Love (City Love, #1)
  • The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things
  • Finding Paris
  • Truest
  • The Secrets of Attraction
  • Lies I Told (Lies I Told, #1)
  • Proof of Forever
  • Kissing Ted Callahan (and Other Guys)
  • One of the Guys
  • First There Was Forever
  • Last Year's Mistake
  • Play On (Lewis Creek, #1)
  • The Summer of Chasing Mermaids
  • Trouble from the Start
  • Between Us and the Moon
  • Better Than Perfect
Katie Cotugno is the New York Times bestselling author of messy, complicated, feminist love stories. She studied Writing, Literature and Publishing at Emerson College and received her MFA in Fiction at Lesley University.

Katie is a Pushcart Prize nominee whose work has appeared in The Iowa Review, The Mississippi Review, and Argestes, among others.

The great loves of her life include child's pose,
More about Katie Cotugno