Start by marking “Schooled in Murder (Tom Mason & Scott Carpenter, #12)” as Want to Read:
Schooled in Murder (Tom Mason & Scott Carpenter, #12)

Schooled in Murder

(Tom Mason and Scott Carpenter #12)

Tom Mason, Chicago area high school teacher, has been teaching at Grover Cleveland High School for a while - long enough to loathe the faculty meetings and long enough to know that as bad as they are, they aren't fatal. Usually. Having had all he can take of the endless bickering, picking and factional disputes, he sneaks out of the meeting for a short break only to find

Published July 8th 2008 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about Schooled in Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Schooled in Murder

Chris
Mar 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Ok mystery in which Tom stumbles a dead body or two at school and is under suspicion for murder, with unsuspected enemies coming out of the woodwork. The whole thing with the blurb for this and the previous book saying that Scott is a former professional baseball player is beyond weird. Quote from the book itself: "Scott plays professional baseball." That seems pretty clear to me at least!
Eric L Aust
Oct 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
sadly I find it hard to limit disgust for this trash

I loved this series when I first found it, I desperately wanted sign of a normal life. With out sex beating us over the head. then Another dead Drag queen I felt I was being beat over the head on a clue. I stopped reading. I started again this was non stop propaganda and it came out in 2008. I'd wondered what happened to the LGBTQ community how in a decade did we destroy so much. this shows a certain decision to embrace the sickest form of prop
Anna
Aug 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't care for it.

Wasn't sure who the characters were. I missed the first books in the series. On to something else now. 😃
Karen
Oct 16, 2008 rated it did not like it
A heavy-handed and boring polemic against school administrators, infighting amongst teachers, and standardized testing masquerading as a murder mystery. The seemingly-endless exposition and narrative rumination about teaching methods was dry and should have been replaced with action using the dictum of "Show us, don't tell us." The relationship with Tom and Scott was inconsequential and pushed so far in the background as to become unnecessary. The narrator was never described, so a new reader wo ...more
Kathy Chung
Mar 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: mystery
Reviewed at : Schooled In Murder

Reviewed on : 21 March 2011

I find that I don't like this book. Everything seems to be jumble up. Most of the male teachers seems to be homosexual while the female teachers are lesbian. Both groups also tend to be bi-sexual. There are no fidelity in marriage nor in couple/partners.
Michael
Aug 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: gay, mystery
Once again the author had me hooked from the first page. An openly gay teacher at a school is found himself among two dead bodies. Did a teacher, administrator or student do it? That is what Tom is going to find out because he becomes a suspect. The next series of events and especially the outcome is mind blowing. I would recommend it to anyone because you would never think something like this could happen!
Barry Rocklin
If there is one criticism of the Tom & Scott books (just having finished two), it's that there are so many characters, that you don't remember them all clearly or care all that much, when the murderer is revealed. I've read 20 of Zubro's books. This one read very fast. While I do enjoy this series, it's fair to say that his other series, the Paul Turner books.
Joseph
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
For over a year, I've been devouring the Tom and Scott mystery series, and enjoying them very much. Hard to believe that now that I'm finished with this novel, there is only one more book published ( so far). I'll hate to see these guys disappear.
Daniel R  Adams
Dec 04, 2008
Dan
Feb 01, 2014
Anna
rated it did not like it
Aug 10, 2017
Jun 08, 2015
Steven
Aug 10, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Author also writes as: Mark Zubro.

Mark Richard Zubro is an American mystery novelist. He lives in Mokena, Illinois and taught 8th grade English at Summit Hill Jr. High in nearby Frankfort Square, Illinois.

Zubro writes bestselling mysteries set in Chicago and the surrounding Cook County area, which are widely praised as fast-paced, with interesting plots and well-rounded, likeable characters. His n

Tom Mason and Scott Carpenter (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • A Simple Suburban Murder (Tom Mason & Scott Carpenter, #1)
  • Why Isn't Becky Twitchell Dead? (Tom Mason & Scott Carpenter, #2)
  • The Only Good Priest (Tom Mason & Scott Carpenter, #3)
  • The Principal Cause of Death (Tom Mason & Scott Carpenter, #4)
  • An Echo of Death (Tom Mason and Scott Carpenter, #5)
  • Rust on the Razor (Tom Mason & Scott Carpenter, #6)
  • Are You Nuts? (Tom Mason and Scott Carpenter, #7)
  • One Dead Drag Queen (Tom Mason & Scott Carpenter, #8)
  • Here Comes the Corpse (Tom Mason and Scott Carpenter, #9)
  • File Under Dead (Tom Mason and Scott Carpenter, #10)