Start by marking “Clifford Goes to Kindergarten” as Want to Read:
Clifford Goes to Kindergarten

Clifford Goes to Kindergarten

(Clifford the Big Red Dog)

Join Clifford in this brand-new storybook as he spends the day with Emily Elizabeth in kindergarten!

Emily Elizabeth is starting Kindergarten and she's a little nervous. Good thing that the teacher sent a note home that says each child can bring something from home to make the transition a little easier. But the teacher didn't bet on a child bringing something--or someone--
Published April 28th 2015 by Scholastic, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Clifford Goes to Kindergarten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clifford Goes to Kindergarten

Dolly
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fairly typical Clifford book, depicting a young Emily Elizabeth as she begins school. The illustrations are colorful and cartoonish and Clifford is as lovable as ever.

I picked up a copy of this book for free at the Scholastic booth at the National Book Festival in Washington DC on 2 September with the idea that I would pass it along to our neighbor, who has a preschool-age daughter.

I just came across it and realized that I never got around to giving her the book. I scanned the pages a
Kristin Fahndrich
"Clifford Goes to Kindergarten" by Norman Bridwell is one of the books throughout the series of "Clifford the Big Red Dog" that I believe positively affects the youth after they read it. This series was personally one of my favorites when I was a child first learning to read. This specific book is great for a child who is nervous about first starting school. It can help a child feel as though someone understands their feelings about starting school, and that other children may feel the same way ...more
Rayona Hart-Wilson
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
It is the first day of school for little miss Emily and she is quite nervous. Her teacher sends home a note saying that the students can bring something form home so they can feel comfortable. So what does Emily bring? Clifford, her big gigantic red dog. Clifford help Emily get through her first day in a breeze, and she isn't nervous about school anymore.

This book is a cute classic read. I did an ASL assignment over this so previously so not only did I read it, but I recited it in sign language.
Clwseattle
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Clifford Goes to Kindergarten is bright, colorful and charming

Clifford Goes to Kindergarten is one of about 25 'kindergarten' books I'm reading before I buy one for my grand who starts kindergarten this year. While I enjoyed Clifford Goes to Kindergarten and will read it to my grand, it's not the kindergarten keepsake book I'm hoping to find.
Melissa Koser
May 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Just because you're a children's book doesn't mean you should have substandard art.
PWRL
Jul 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2019-new
SM
Cori Dantio
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Clifford books and this is a cute one to add to my personal library. Perfect to read to young ones getting ready to enter Kindergarten for the first time.
Leann Manney
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Clifford Goes to Kindergarten is a fun, playful, and relatable book to younger children. Of course being geared towards early readers, the book is intended for children who are just starting school for the first time and may be frightened of the outcome. The main character is Emily Elizabeth, who is a worried little girl who is just starting out Kindergarten for the first time. Her main concerns before the book took off was, "..what would happen if I missed home, or if I didn't make any friends. ...more
Kristen
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a cute book for kids starting Kindergarten. Clifford doesn't get in to as much mischief as usual, but it's still cute seeing Clifford try to attend school with Emily Elizabeth. My daughter specifically liked the page where Clifford was rolling in the paint. She made me turn back a page to laugh at it again.
Kim
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mini-me
One of Norman Bridwell's last two Clifford books, which made reading this very bittersweet for me. While the school day doesn't reflect what Mini-Me will experience, it's still a good intro to kindergarten.

I particularly love that Bridwell used a twisty lightbulb for the illustration where Clifford had an idea. First time I've seen it depicted this way.
Christine Turner
Emily Elizabeth is starting Kindergarten and she's a little nervous. Good thing that the teacher sent a note home that says each child can bring something from home to make the transition a little easier. But the teacher didn't bet on a child bringing something or someone as big as Clifford!

Gabrielle
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Bougie Twins
Jan 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Margo Dunagan
Jun 15, 2016 rated it liked it
My kiddos enjoyed the story.
Liz Todd
Jun 03, 2016
Abby Berry
Aug 02, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Norman Bridwell was an American author and cartoonist, best-known for the Clifford the Big Red Dog series of children's books. Bridwell attended John Herron School of Art in Indianapolis, Indiana. He lived on Martha's Vineyard, MA, where he wrote an average of two books a year.

Clifford the Big Red Dog (1 - 10 of 71 books)
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • Clifford Gets a Job
  • Clifford Takes A Trip
  • Clifford's Halloween
  • Clifford's Tricks (Clifford)
  • Clifford The Small Red Puppy