Start by marking “Escape from the Overworld: A Minecraft Gamer's Quest: An Unofficial Minecrafter's Adventure” as Want to Read:

From the publisher of The Quest of the Diamond Sword and Battle of the Nether comes a new novel for Minecrafters which takes on a spellbinding battle that brings Stevie and zombie mobs into the real world!

Stevie is in for a big surprise while building his treehouse: he’s first attacked by a creeper, and then must take on a group of zombies! The near miss has him feeling like the w
Published January 6th 2015 by Sky Pony Press

To ask other readers questions about Escape from the Overworld, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape from the Overworld

Martha
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stevie is a clumsy 11-year-old Minecrafter child who struggles to impress his successful, warrior father. Stevie hoped to make his father proud with his efforts to build a tree house but he forgets the time and is attacked. His father has to come to his rescue… again.

The next day Stevie gets frightened by a spider and falls into a brand new portal into another world. He finds himself in the room of a sixth-grade human girl, Maison. They are both startled by the overlap of their world
Jacob
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, fantasy
A fun quick easy read that draws you right along! One I wish I had to read back when I was a kid. Fun!
TheBookWorm🐛 🐛
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: summer-2015
I like this book because it shows a really good friendship between two people from different realms and there's tons of action
Susan
Minecraft comes to the real world! Stevie is happily building his treehouse when night begins to settle. Oooopppsss! He’s suppose to be home by now. But he has to fight his way past a creeper then a mob of zombies! Things don’t go smoothly and he feels like the worst mob fighter ever. The next day he spots a portal and he takes his chances, popping out of a computer screen on the other end into Maison’s bedroom. The sixth grader and Stevie quickly become friends, which is a good thing because th ...more
Jenn Z at That's What She's Reading
You can find all of my reviews on my blog at That's What She's Reading

I received a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest and thoughtful review.

This was such a fun read! While my nephews are huge fans of Minecraft and I worked with teens as a young adult librarian, I really didn't have much understanding of world prior to picking up this book. When I received the invitation to join in on the blog tour, I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to explore what Minecraft was about con
Camden G.
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stevie tried to prove himself to his dad by building a treehouse.Stevie failed and got hurt by an explosion by a mob called a creeper. The next day Stevie stumbled upon a portal that lead him to this world. The portal Stevie found in the forest which was actually a computer and when Stevie went through he couldn't return to Minecraft because he was being chased by a spider. Stevie met a girl named Maison and went to school with her and Maison left the computer on so the zombie mobs came through ...more
Kim Mallady
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-aloud-drew
This is the best Minecraft fiction I've read to date. The competition isn't tough, but this one had an interesting premise (what would happen if a portal opened up between Minecraft and the real world and people and mobs could pass between them?) and was written well enough to keep both my and my seven-year-old engaged.
Kayla
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Kohlton picked this up at his library at school. He was hooked the entire time which says something as he is not the type of kid to sit and listen to a book being read. He is gonna look for another one today. He is really excited.
Sharni Benson
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great integration of the world of Minecraft and the real world.

Talking as someone who works in a school, the author obviously doesn't know how schools work though, with the character being taken straight into the classroom without a visitor's pass haha.
Lio
Oct 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought the book was a one of a kind because not many books have both our world and Minecraft people
Eli Markman
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's great if you're a young Minecraft fan. I particularly liked the combination of the real world with the game.
Margaret Boling
3/17/2016 ** I used this during my Minecraft Camp (spring break intersession). There is a fabulous chapter early in the book of a description of a human from the perspective of a Minecraft character (fingers are little pink squid-like things; the moon is round, not square like it should be).

This is the best of the Skypony published books set in the Minecraft world.
Aprilleigh
Sep 26, 2016 rated it liked it
The story is a bit light on necessary details in places, but that probably wouldn't bother the age-group this series is aimed at. I like a little more explanation of what's going on rather than the expectation that I'm going to just go with it. I didn't read it for me, however, but to see if it was a series worth bothering with for my Minecraft-loving son.
Kate  K. F.
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a fun twist on a portal fantasy where Stevie from Minecraft ends up in the human world and becomes friends with Maison. Together they deal with bullies and fight enemies.

A quick and fun read that's perfect for players of Minecraft. The only violence fits the world of Minecraft and the writing is fun and engaging. I picked up my copy from Skyhorse publishers at ALA Midwinter 2015.
Andrew