Start by marking “Strong Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous, #1)” as Want to Read:
Strong Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous, #1)

Strong Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous #1)

3.96  ·  Rating Details ·  1,685 Ratings  ·  317 Reviews
From the author of the New York Times bestselling Bad Boys novels comes the first in a dark, sexy contemporary trilogy.

Is she strong enough to trust the most dangerous man she’s ever met? And is he strong enough to let her?

How would I describe myself? Well, I’m Muse Harper. I’m a twenty-something painter who loves red wine, quirky movies, and men with a fatal flaw. Bu
Published August 4th 2015 by Berkley

Christy
Jul 06, 2015 Christy rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

photo 4b200016-aed1-40f5-977f-2fcfb0c157ea_zps0hk9he0x.jpg

I am a big fan of M. Leighton’s work. I love that she can write sweet and steamy romances, but she also takes risks and writes books that have a bit more of an edge. Strong Enough is one of those books. It focuses on Muse. A girl who starts out by hiring who she thinks is just a bounty hunter to find her father. She quickly learns that Jasper King is so much more than that.
She’s got a father to find. I’ve got answers to obtain. And then, we will come to an end. An unfortunate end.
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4 Stars

I want her bad. But even when that happens, it will be with the knowledge of what's to come, of how I'll betray her. What kind of person could do that?
A monster, that's who.
And I'm that monster.

If the prologue here doesn't grip you by the throat and suck you right in, we're not reading the same book, because HOLY SHIT! Talk about your attention grabber. M. Leighton really doesn't pull any punches and I knew I was in for a page turner from the first chapter alone. Intense, gritty, erot
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
3 stars!

When Muse Harper's dad disappeared, she hired the best bounty hunter in the business to find him. Enter Jasper King. He's mysterious, gorgeous and the best at what he does. The attraction between him and Muse was immediate. But Jasper is hiding something from Muse. He's not really the guy she thinks he is. For one, he is much more than a bounty hunter Two, his end game is much more nefarious than Muse had suspected.

This one was a bit of a mixed bag for me. There were parts which I reall
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Strong Enough
Series: Tall, Dark, and Dangerous #1
Author: M. Leighton
Release date: August 4, 2015
Cliffhanger:No
HEA(view spoiler)

He is heat, he is gravity. He is the center of all my senses. He is consuming.

I struggled with my rating and after a little bit of back and forth, I'm settling on four stars. I had to gather my thoughts a bit and muddle through my discordant feelings before I could give a fair review. I'm not a huge follower of this author, having only read a
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

After reading the latest installments in the Bad Boy series and meeting the notorious Jason Jasper King, I was really looking forward to his story and the woman that would unlock his secrets.

Well, Muse has some secrets of her own. She's hiding out and now her Dad has failed to meet up for their monthly call. Naturally, she turns to Jasper who has even more secrets such as agreeing a little too easily to Muse accompanying him on his road trip to find her Dad.

I'm really not too sure w
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

Muse is the daughter of a military man, his job is unknown but when he goes missing she pulls out all the stops to try and find him.

When bounty hunter Jasper King comes to assist, they are instantly attracted to each other but he is hiding a secret which is preventing him from showing her the true him.

They both go on a road trip to try and locate her dad, and fall for each other along the way.

I really can't tell you much more than that, unfortunately this book did not pull me in
Claire Robinson
Jun 29, 2015 Claire Robinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "You'll either kill me or heal me." Stars!

It has been a while since I have read a book by Michelle Leighton, her Bad Boys series is, and will most likely always be one of my all-time favorites, and I think that is one of the reasons that Strong Enough turned out to be such an enjoyable read as well. Written similarly to that series, this book pulled me in from the prologue (which also made me ugly cry) and kept me hooked until its end.

Jasper and Muse are pretty much polar opposites, one dar
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 22, 2015 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, arc
4 – 4.5 Searching for Something Stars

It’s been awhile since I’ve read a M. Leighton book. I’m excited for a new series and I’m ready to jump in. Strong Enough is a standalone and is part of the Tall, Dark and Dangerous series. Each book will focal a new character. Strong Enough is Jasper and Muse’s story.

Strong Enough starts out with a bang and I was instantly hooked. The prologue is gritty, graphic and it kind of sets the tone of the book. I wouldn’t call this a dark read, but it’s darker than
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
Aug 02, 2015 Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart rated it really liked it
3.75 Strong Stars all for Jasper!

M. Leighton never lets me down when I need a quick steamy read with a touch 0f angst and suspense. Since the Bad Boys's are one of my all time favorite series, I was happy to get a bit of Cash and Olivia when the mysterious Jasper got himself involved in a bit of a hunt!

Jasper was hired by Muse to find her military father, who missed his weekly phone check in. Doesn't seem like a bit deal until you go deeper into the story! Those military men always have secrets.
Chris- Bookaddict
Apr 28, 2015 Chris- Bookaddict rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback
I FREAKING LOVED EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF THIS BOOK!!!!!!

Michelle gives us one great story with Jasper and Muse. She had me right from the start with the prologue in this one.

Muse Harper has started a new life to protect those she loves most. When her father misses there call to each other she enlists the help of bounty hunter, Jasper King to help her find him. Little does she know Jasper has his own agenda with her and her father.

Jasper leads a lonely life of staying to himself. He is trained v
Sabrina
Aug 04, 2015 Sabrina rated it liked it
Muse hires Jasper to help find her father who has disappeared - or so she thinks. Jasper has his own agenda in the matter and is after her father for his own reasons. The attraction between them is instant, but Jasper's secrets hold him back from Muse and he won't get too close to her.

I really enjoyed these characters, especially Jasper. He was the king of dirty talk and oh lawd it was hot. He didn't think he was good enough for someone as sweet as Muse but that couldn't stop him from taking wh
Christine
Muse hires Jasper, a bounty hunter, to find her father. Eight months before Muse left her home to protect her family. She keeps regular contact with her dad and when she does not hear from him, she gets worried and hires Jasper to find him. However, Muse learns that nothing is real as more and more secrets are revealed.

The romance between Muse and Jasper was nice. I did not connect with them the way I would have liked. Their initial meeting, I loved, but then it felt like they were going through
Naomi
Mar 03, 2015 Naomi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-kindle
Original Review @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

Every time Michelle Leighton puts out a book, I MUST read it! So when Strong Enough was set to release I could not wait to get my hands on it! Just by reading the blurb I wanted to know more about Muse and Jasper, and now that I am done, it did not disappoint! It was a powerful and sizzling read with two characters from different worlds. I was on the edge of my seat, right until the final page!

Muse has a close relationship with her father and when he doesn
Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Whenever I pick up an M. Leighton book, I know I am in for a good time and Strong Enough was no exception. Michelle just knows how to tell a great story and her writing gets better and better with each book. I loved the suspense angle she added with Strong Enough and I also enjoyed the romance. It was a great blend of those elements.

Muse was a likable heroine. Michelle has a knack for writing great female leads, who are a great combination of stren
Valerie
Jun 01, 2015 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Feels. That word has been expanded to mean more because of this book. It's packed with FEELS from the prologue to the very end. FEELS.

Jasper King is a dangerous man. A product of a painful and heartbreaking youth, this boy will have you from the prologue. My heart ached for him. His heart and his mind is encased in a strong box that doesn't allow anyone inside. He had to create this box to survive. No one gets past it. He does his job. The job always comes first. Nothing gets in the way. Nothing
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

hm... I loved it ... kind of ☺
I loved Jasper - the story could've been perfect, but it was just a bit too slow for me - the prologue was great - made me cry. And then the story just cruises along like the road trip Muse and Jasper are on... There was just something missing for me - it got suspensy and faster towards the end. It was really ok - pretty good actually - but I was expecting a tiny bit more :/
Mrs. JesseWard
May 20, 2015 Mrs. JesseWard rated it it was amazing
Review to come as soon as I have a day off from work

description
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

4 Tall, Dark, Dangerous and Sexy Stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Berkley | Penguin Group via NetGalley

"What constitutes enough?"

"It's enough when you can't bear the thought of life without that person.  It's enough when you can't let them go, or when you'd cross an ocean just to be with them.  Anything less than that is just  . . . less. It isn't enough."

It has been forever since I read a M. Leighton book so I was glad for this opportunity to read this one.  Then it starts o
Three Chicks
Jun 01, 2015 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
Review by Allison East

I am never disappointed when I read one of M. Leighton's books. And her new series, Tall, Dark and Dangerous, starts off with a bang!! I loved the storyline- and how it is really considered a dark romance. Such a step away from what we have seen from Leighton, but I found it to be a breath of fresh air! I was totally under her spell as the writing unfolded. The book had such a good flow- especially to the plot and storyline. I really enjoyed the characters- hero and heroine
Holly - Holly's Hot Reads
Aug 05, 2015 Holly - Holly's Hot Reads rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

The prologue was quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever read. I just sat there. Hands shaking. Chest tight. Heart hurting. Perfectly still. Wondering if I was even strong enough to go on. To read more. To see where this story would take me. I needed to process. So I did. I took a little time; not even putting my kindle down, and then a took a big breath, and I carried on.

Thankfully, the rest of the book was much easier to read, taking the route of Leighton's usual, addictive style.
BookLover
Oct 25, 2014 BookLover rated it really liked it
I didn't think M. Leighton would be able to make me like a killer. I typically don't go for these types of stories, but after reading about Jasper in Cash and Olivia's novella series this summer, I was intrigued. I ended up really enjoying this story. The story line was suspenseful and kept me engaged. The romance was super hot and Jasper's "ghosts" from his past made for a complicated and, in the end, satisfying story.

I love that, even though the series and plot will continue, there was no clif
Magen Corrie
4 stars

*book received in exchange for a fair and honest review*

My Review

Strong Enough was a sexy, exciting, thrilling, and beautiful read. M. Leighton swept me away with this story of strong characters and intriguing storytelling. Jasper was intense and Muse was strong. The suspense was so gripping and I couldn’t put this one down once I start it.

Muse, as I said, is a very strong character. I felt that Leighton did a great job at presenting that with her character. Muse’s world gets thrown upsid
Shayna
With such a heart-wrenching prologue, I just knew this was going to be a fantastic read! Leighton showcases her beautiful writing perfectly in this sexy, action-packed, heart-stopping new series! STRONG ENOUGH kept me up until the early morning hours, keeping me exhilarated the whole way through. My curiosity was piqued from the very beginning, and when it all comes together, you won't know what hit you.

Muse Harper walked away from her life to protect a loved one. When that loved one goes missin
Cocktails and Books
Aug 03, 2015 Cocktails and Books rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

I really enjoyed this book!  If you are looking for a story with a great looking guy and a strong willed girl that includes a lot of suspense and twists and turns then this is the book for you!

The story starts with Muse an artist who has lost contact with her father and hires Jasper King a bounty hunter to try and find him.   Unknown to Muse there is more to Jasper and this assignment that meets the eye – as they travel together cross count
Miranda (MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It)
This was the first book I read by M. Leighton, and it is now safe to say that I will definitely be reading more of her books in the future! M. Leighton had me addicted to this book from page one. Her superb writing drew me from page one, and it didn't let me go until I finished the book. This book left me craving more, and I cannot wait to see what M. Leighton has in store for this series. This book was a breath of fresh air. It was a dark and action packed story that was completely addictive.

I
Jessica Alderette
Feb 27, 2015 Jessica Alderette rated it it was amazing
**ARC FOR AN HONEST REVIEW**

Holy wow! I was truly blown away by the incredible writing of M. Leighton in her newest novel Strong Enough. The storyline flowed effortlessly and beautifully to create a book so intricately woven, it kept me flipping the pages from the very start.

While this storyline took on a bit more of a darker subject line and male lead than we have seen M. Leighton write recently, the book was fantastic and just what I was looking for. The story starts out with a bang and a prol
Ellen
Aug 03, 2015 Ellen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I am such a huge fan of all things M. Leighton and can't wait to devour anything and everything she writes. That said, I was beyond excited to be able to read Strong Enough, the first book in her new Tall, Dark, and Dangerous series. Once again, Leighton did not disappoint, and has written another exciting, sexy, and gripping story complete with the to die for "tall, dark, and dangerous" Jasper King. He's the hot, mysterious bad boy that makes up the things girls fantasize about, while being th ...more
Jenny Vee ~The Review Loft~
This review was originally posted on No BS Book Reviews

This book will serve you well if you are willing to gloss over issues for the sake of escapism. If that is you, you will most likely rate this higher than 3 stars. I, however, wanted more than escapism and therefore found the story lacking.

Strong Enough has elements of erotica and romance but also suspense. I love this combination but Leighton fails to blend the genres, instead opting to chunk them. The first three-quarters is heavily erotic
* A review copy was provided by the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review *

~ 5 Stars ~

What can I say….I LOVE Michelle Leighton's writing/books. She always gives us a story that is both entertaining and intriguing. I love that she can create a suspenseful story but add in the right amount of romance to it too. Oh and the sexy times in this book were STEAMY ;)

Strong Enough grabbed me right from the prologue. My heart broke after reading it. I felt that this book was truly a st
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Holy Sh!tballs - that prologue!

Way to rip a girls heart out right from the start!!!

I have read most of M. Leighton's work, and am yet to have been disappointed.

Strong Enough is darker than Ms Leighton's usual writing, and I found it very refreshing. There are only so many fluffy, sweet, romantic stories (which I adore) you can read before you need to sink your teeth into something grittier.

As dark, dangerous and broody as Jasper is, you can feel the walls around him cracking and tumbling as h
C.D. Canaries: Strong Enough (Tall, Dark and Dangerous 1) BR 8/4/15 49 36 Aug 11, 2015 08:51PM
  • Call on Me (Loving on the Edge, #8)
  • A Righteous Kill (The Shakespearean Suspense, #1)
  • Reprieve
  • My Obsession (Club Desire, #1)
  • Irons 3 (Norfolk #3)
  • Impossible Promise (The Unchecked Series, #1)
  • Until We Fly (Beautifully Broken, #4)
  • Tank (Savage Saints MC, #2)
  • If I Seem Dangerous
  • Claimed (Outlaws, #1)
  • Code of Honor (Spontagio Family, #1)
  • Courtship of the Cake (Much "I Do" About Nothing, #2)
  • Dare to Run (The Sons of Steel Row, #1)
  • Consumed by You (Fighting Fire #3)
  • There You Stand (Between Breaths, #5)
  • All Good Things(Good Things, #1)
  • Surviving Ice (Burying Water, #4)
  • Leveling the Field (Gamers #4)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author, M. Leighton, is a native of Ohio. She relocated to the warmer climates of the South, where she can be near the water all summer and miss the snow all winter. Possessed of an overactive imagination from early in her childhood, Michelle finally found an acceptable outlet for her fantastical visions: literary fiction. Having written over a dozen novels ...more
More about M. Leighton...

Tall, Dark, and Dangerous (3 books)
  • Tough Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous, #2)
  • Brave Enough (Tall, Dark, and Dangerous, #3)