Start by marking “The Insider Threat (Pike Logan, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Insider Threat (Pike Logan, #8)

The Insider Threat

(Pike Logan #8)

In the eighth action-packed thriller in the New York Times bestselling Pike Logan series, ISIS, the most maniacal terrorist organization the modern world has ever seen, is poised to make their most audacious strike yet.
The United States has anticipated and averted countless attacks from terrorist groups—thanks in large part to the extralegal counterterrorist unit known
Published June 30th 2015 by Dutton

To ask other readers questions about The Insider Threat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Insider Threat

Start your review of The Insider Threat (Pike Logan, #8)
Hilary
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller, netgalley
What makes a terrorist? What makes a Westerner join an Islamic hate group, turning against their own country, people and religion to become a suicide bomber or executioner? Here we see one possibility: powerlessness fueled by hypocrisy. (view spoiler) ...more
Dan
May 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Pike Logan and his Taskforce are sent on a mission as in all the previous stories. But I didn't enjoy this one as much as the previous outings. Although it deals with issues that are current; American teenagers (The Lost Boys) recruited by the Islamic State for a missions that will rock the world. Pike's relationship with Jennifer is there and Mossad agent Shoshana creates some conflicts. Some say it is action packed, but I felt it was worldly and dragged at spots. I was hoping the ending would ...more
Samuel
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
ENEMY WITHOUT COMING INSIDE.

“These terrorists have made the world’s Muslims their greatest target. We will not allow them to hijack our faith”. - Abdullah II of Jordan.

“Far from using Islam as a mere facade for bloodlust... The Islamic State’s interpretations of Koranic teachings are fundamental to its mission.”- Steven Mazie.

“No one thinks Daesh can seize Baghdad, but few Baghdadis feel they’re living anything close to a normal life. Daesh’s message is clear: No one is safe anywhere, includi
Ian
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Might as well admit that I'm binge reading the series at this point. Taylor does a remarkable job of avoiding formula with these pot boiler thrillers featuring Pike Logan and 'the Taskforce'. Very good characterisation of everyone involved, and 'ripped from tomorrows headlines' terrorist threats.
Here he deals with the issue of radicalised Jihadi's coming from society's disaffected, travelling to join IS/Daesh and then returning to continue the fight in the West without the normal signifiers of I
Mike Worley
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, OK read, nothing special
Jeanie
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
The thought made him sick, driving home the fact that the application of military force would never be decisive in this fight. The roots were too deep, and the siren call too sweet. No matter how many terrorists he prevented from individually killing, there was a pervading ability for ideology to transcend logical thought; spreading like a cancer through whole societies he would have otherwise thought normal, civilized humans. Because of it, the Islamic State had become the most powerful terrori ...more
Lisa
May 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Took me forever to finish it bc I kept getting bored. It should've held my attention bc of the subject matter but it just felt too random and contrived. Definitely not as entertaining as the earlier books in the series.
The Real Book Spy
Jun 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Brad Taylor just keeps getting better and better. Pike Logan is one of the heavyweights of the genre, along with Mitch Rapp and Scot Harvath!
Mojo Shivers
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always like it when Shoshana makes her return to the series because that’s when the Angel of Death imagery returns as well. It’s all well and good to have a kickass Israeli assassin as a character, but when you give her a touch of clairvoyance and bloodlust that’s a memorable character. That’s why Carrie is the perfect call sign; she is scary in almost a preternatural way.

Once more, the story in this one was timely and prescient. It almost makes me wonder why somebody hasn’t tried to execute a
Fredrick Danysh
Sep 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Pike Logan is in charge of a secret anti-terror team charged with gathering intelligence and eliminating terrorists. They go up against ISIS to prevent two acts of terrorism that would shock the world if completed.
Brett T
One of the knocks on the practice of "profiling" terrorists is that eventually it won't work, as the terrorist organizations find recruits who don't fit the profile -- and may even look more like the people down the block than the fanatical faces on the evening news.

Brad Taylor gives a group of such sleeper agents the name "The Lost Boys" because of the history he creates for them and lets the extralegal Task Force gain a hint of them and their plans. Pike Logan and his team have to track their
Betty
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This is the first book I have read by Brad Taylor. Even though it is #8 in his Pike Logan series, it can be enjoyed without having read any of the previous books in the series. It is full of action – reminded me of Tom Young and Vince Flynn. Short chapters, easy flow of writing. Pulls you right in. This one is very current using the threat of ISIS. The characters are developed enough so you can enjoy their personalities, especially when they are bantering back and forth.

Pike Logan is the leader
Michael Smith
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brad Taylor continues to be one of my favorite authors and this may be his best yet. Thanks to his background, he brings a realism that's unparalleled in most thrillers, his stories are always very current and believable, and the characters are substantial and not cardboard cutout characters. Pike Logan may, at times be a cross between Jason Bourne and the Punisher... but he's also a man that doesn't necessarily like what he does... but he does it because his team can save lives by doing what ne ...more
John
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While Taylor has developed as a writer and continues to put good words on paper, he's resorted to putting the same words down. This book opened with a sequence that is nearly identical to what happened in two other books in the series. I actually had flip back and make sure I was reading a new book it was so close. Unfortunately, the repetition didn't end there. He continues to set the pieces in place to allow him to continue to use the same scenarios from previous books.
While I've enjoyed the
Larry
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my introduction to Brad Taylor's "Pike Logan" series, and what an introduction it was! A frenetically-paced antiterrorism thriller, the book has interesting characters, members of an off-the-books antiterrorist unit, tracking down a barbarously evil plot, with action aplenty and a thrilling conclusion. This is the eighth book of the series--I always seem to get in late--but I'll be running down the others.
Loy
Oct 04, 2015 rated it liked it
another installment of the Pike Logan series

Liked seeing the people from other books -- the Israeli hit team

I did notice Pike did not listen to his team. several times he did not listen to Jennifer -- she saved the mission He cut off Knuckles ---

I did not remember him being so inflexible ---

good book -- But Pike you have a team!!
Dolphe
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is probably the best of the Brad Taylor efforts for Pike Logan so far. I truly enjoy the characters that Taylor has created, but I still have to admit that the author's attention to detail can be a bit overwhelming. It is a worthy effort to make the locales believable, but the descriptions don't have to read like a travel brochure.
Dee Haddrill
I have the biggest crush on Pike Logan. He's a man who does whatever it takes to get the job done. Another fantastic book in the series, and I think it is only made better by the amazing job Rich Orlow does of bringing Pike to life.
Ryan Hillis
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great thriller about ISIS! Pike Logan saves the day again!
Tim
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What I like best is the maturation of Jennifer and Shoshana. My favorite Pike Logan to date. Excellent story! 9 of 10 stars
Skele
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
The story is good, fast paced and well written. But now like all the other writers, Pike too has turned into Superhuman. It's getting repetitive.
Tena
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Was not really sure how to rate this book. Loved it until chapter 94 when I refused to RSVP to the pity party. No matter what hand you are dealt in life, you have choices.
Sabrina
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio
I don't know why I couldn't get into this one......... I think the story was not good. I love the characters.
Jon
Nov 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Let's say three and a half stars. Routine terrorist thriller. Some good action set pieces but a disappointment after the excellent #7 in the series.
Richard
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Written by a man who spent more than twenty years in the army, of which eight years were as a member of Delta Force, and retiring as a Special Forces lieutenant colonel, Brad Taylor really knows and understands the fight which is going on in the Middle East.

The United States has anticipated and averted countless attacks from terrorist groups, thanks in large part to an extralegal counterterrorist unit known as the Taskforce. But now they are faced with a much more insidious evil that is about t
Steven Hildreth Jr.
Brad Taylor is a novel-churning machine. Eight novels in four years by the point that he released THE INSIDER THREAT.

By this point in any given series, the author has usually settled into formula, with little character development, essentially phoning it in for the sales. Thankfully and beautifully, THE INSIDER THREAT does not suffer from that at all, with Taylor still delivering realistic thrills ripped from the headlines and, more importantly, characters for whom to root.

The basic plot is that
Josh Hitch
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a perfect thriller, have to admit I was getting tired of the 500 or so page book that seemed to go nowhere for a third of the book just to get the page count ( a bad read I barely got through in the middle of a long series I've been reading was the final nail). So much so that I've been reading mostly 200 or so page westerns and men's adventures lately but I decided to give the next one in this series for me a try.

Glad I did, Pike Logan, Koko and the gang are a great team. They have a h
Jen
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This novel is definitely not something I would normally choose, but it ended up being the only book I had around at the time. I found I could not put it down. Some of the violence was hard to read, but other than that, I found the story and characters compelling. Pike Logan runs a secret Taskforce team, that operates under the direction of the government, but isn't technically a part of the government. They're racing to stop one of the biggest terror plots the world has ever seen.
Deborah Durbin
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an edge-of-your-seat thriller. Three boys from a reform school are recruited by ISIS to pull off a terrible deed, and because they are American citizens, the fear is that they will be able to return to America and do harm there. Pike and the rest of his team have to stop them, but first they have to identify them and find out what the target is that the boys will hit. Stayed up way too late reading this.
Melissa Pawless
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I’ve read in the Pike Logan series. I definitely want to read the others (in order obviously). The plot of the story based on the description on the back of the book was why I almost didn’t buy it but the cover of the book is why I did. I’m definitely glad I did! The story line is kind of cool but since I read the series out of order I need to start with the first one.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• One Minute Out (Gray Man, #9)
  • Backlash (Scott Harvath, #18)
  • Lethal Agent (Mitch Rapp #18)
  • Trap the Devil (Dewey Andreas, #7)
  • First Strike (Dewey Andreas, #6)
  • True Believer (Terminal List, #2)
  • Rules of War (Logan West #4)
  • Mission Critical (Gray Man, #8)
  • The Russian (Rob Tacoma #1)
  • Coup d'Etat (Dewey Andreas, #2)
  • Bloody Sunday (Dewey Andreas, #8)
  • Independence Day (Dewey Andreas, #5)
  • Red Metal
  • Eye for an Eye (Dewey Andreas, #4)
  • Ballistic (Gray Man, #3)
  • Savage Son (Terminal List #3)
  • Act of War (Scot Harvath #13)
  • The Last Refuge (Dewey Andreas, #3)
Brad Taylor served for more than twenty-one years in the U.S. Army, retiring in 2010 as a Special Forces Lieutenant colonel. During that time he held numerous infantry and special operations positions, including eight years in 1st Special Forces Operations Detachment—Delta, popularly known as the Delta Force, where he commanded multiple troops and a squadron.

He has conducted operations in support

Pike Logan (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • One Rough Man (Pike Logan, #1)
  • All Necessary Force (Pike Logan, #2)
  • Enemy of Mine (Pike Logan, #3)
  • The Widow's Strike (Pike Logan, #4)
  • The Polaris Protocol (Pike Logan, #5)
  • Days of Rage (Pike Logan, #6)
  • No Fortunate Son (Pike Logan, #7)
  • The Forgotten Soldier (Pike Logan, #9)
  • Ghosts of War (Pike Logan, #10)
  • Ring of Fire (Pike Logan, #11)