Start by marking “Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)” as Want to Read:
Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)

(Otherworld Stories #4)

The next Otherworld anthology from #1 New York Times bestselling author Kelley Armstrong...

More than a decade after Kelley Armstrong first opened the doors to the Otherworld, fans are still clamoring for more. In response to their demands—and to coincide with the Syfy Network show based on the series—Plume has signed up three Otherworld anthologies, each of which revolves
Published January 26th 2016 by Plume (first published October 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Otherworld Secrets, please sign up.
Meaghan R. (YA-aholic) according to the summary for Otherworld Secrets (Kelley Armstrong) it's a new Hope/Karl Novella....it can be found in Otherworld Secrets.…moreaccording to the summary for Otherworld Secrets (Kelley Armstrong) it's a new Hope/Karl Novella....it can be found in Otherworld Secrets.(less)

Start your review of Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: werewolves
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

LIFE AFTER THEFT – 4.5/5
One of the things that sets Kelley Armstrong’s OTHERWORLD stories apart is that she doesn’t only tell the “good” characters’ tales. The leads in this short were Hope Adams who happens to be an Expisco Half Demon and Lucifer’s daughter, and Karl Marsten, professional jewel thief extraordinaire and lifelong thorn in the Pack’s side. This was an entertaining read about one crook trying to con another (take a guess as to who comes out on top), and the
Faye
Life After Theft - 4/5 stars
Forbidden - 4/5 stars (read before)
Angelic - 4/5 stars (read before)
The Ungrateful Dead - 5/5 stars *FAVOURITE* (re-read; also in Blood Lite anthology)
Zen and the Art of Vampirism - 4/5 stars
Counterfeit Magic - 4/5 stars (read before)
Charlie
5 Otherworld stars!

I adored this anthology! Kelley Armstrong is one of my all time favourite authors and everything she writes is pure gold. Some of these stories I'd read before and some were new to me but all were five stars. The Women of the Otherworld was the first urban fantasy series I read and it remains my favourite.
Yodamom
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
All good stories with some favorites from the series. The last story was my favorite
N.N. Light
I'm a huge Otherworld fan and I gobble up anything Armstrong writes. This book makes a terrific companion to the series (both in print and on TV)! A must read for paranormal fans!

My Rating: 5 stars
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5 stars

Anthology Contents

1) Life After Theft – new Hope/Karl novella
2) Forbidden – Subterranean Press 2012 Elena/Clay novella -Otherworld stories #10.2
3) Angelic – Subterranean Press 2009 Eve/Kristof novella - Otherworld stories #9.3
4) The Ungrateful Dead – Jaime short story from “Blood Lite” anthology - Otherworld stories #8.2
5)Zen and the Art of Vampirism – Zoe novella from Subterranean Press’s long-sold out “A Fantasy Medley” - Otherworld stories #9.2
6) Counterfeit Magic – Subterranea
Elena
Fans of Armstrong's concluded Otherworld series will love the chance to dive back into this fun urban fantasy world and revisit some of their favorite characters. With five novellas and a short story, this anthology contains mostly reprints, but the tales will be new to most fans. The novellas are all enjoyable, well put-together pieces, with only the short story falling flat. Highly recommended for readers of the Otherworld series who are still mourning its end.

Thanks to Plume and Edelweiss for
Pam Nelson
Life After Theft – Karl and Hope and their little girl, this made me love them even more. Karl retires from being a jewel thief. It is an interesting tale of 2 not so truthful fellas trying to con the other. They also struggle to be good role models for their little girl who is very bright.

Forbidden – Oh the mystery, I enjoyed this short Morgan is a wolf we meet before and I was so intrigued by him so this was an interesting bonus story. The town Elena and Clay go to, to meet up with Morgan is
Dawn Livingston
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
That was fun.

I guess it could work as a stand alone bunch of short stories but do yourself a favor and read the other books in the Women of the Otherworld series. If you're a fan of the series and have read the books then this is a good book for you. I didn't love all the stories but never go into a short stories book expecting to because you'll end up disappointed.

The stories contained a good variety of characters and I enjoyed the book. The coolest thing about this series and this book is th
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Apr 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2020
Most of the stories in this I've already read. I got this for the 2 I haven't.
Life After Theft
It was nice to see a peak into what Hope (1/2 Chaos demon) and Karl (werewolf) were up to. They are happily married with a daughter and another child on the way. Karl is a retired thief who works for Hope's brother in security systems. (He was an excellent thief). Karl is framed and has to go back and steal one last thing to clear his name. I liked this couple from previous books and it was wonderful to
Steph
I really enjoyed this collection of Otherworld stories. These always remind me how much I enjoyed this series. If you haven't started Kelley's Women of the Otherworld series, I highly recommend it. Anthology Rating: ✮✮✮½

Otherworld Secrets
"Life After Theft" (✮✮✮✮☆) ~ A new novella featuring Hope and Karl. He's trying out retirement life when someone steals a supernatural item and all fingers point to him as the thief. I loved this look at Hope and Karl as parents.

"Forbidden" (✮✮✮½) ~
The team
Kathy Davie
Aug 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
The fourth anthology in the Women of the Otherworld urban fantasy series comes with an even split of two short stories, two novelettes, and two novellas all revolving around different characters within the series.

The Series
"Counterfeit Magic", 10.4 with Paige Winterbourne and Lu
Christine
Nov 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
If you are an “Otherworld” fan and still suffering from withdrawal symptoms because the series ended this is the book to pick up. It is comprised of six short stories (I would dare to say novellas) and each was a nice (re)visit with the main characters from the book series. As I was writing the short synopsis for each story I realized that these could stand well on their own. One could still enjoy them not having read the series, and ... it may whet your appetite for the series.

LIFE AFTER THEFT
Luke
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it

Rating: ★★★★☆
Review: An item is stolen. Fingers point to Karl. Except Hope's. I enjoyed the way everything unfolded: it was exhilarating. It's my favourite story in this collection so far. And I was so not expecting that.

Forbidden
Review: Elena and Clay

Angelic
Rating: ★★★★☆
Review: Always enjoy following Eve! She's such a strong character!

The Ungrateful Dead
Review: Poor Jaime. Just imagine it: being harassed by ghosts. Reading this m
Darcy
I was excited to see this book as the series is one of my favorites and I was sad to see it end. I like that the author still puts out these shorts that lets up catch up on characters we love. I had read all but one of these stories previously.

The new one, Life After Theft was centered around Hope and Karl. There is something about this couple that always makes me smile. I think part of it is neither has any problem with Karl's past as a thief. I do find it fun to see Karl more domesticated, th
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁
Jaime and Savannah short. Between the two of them they come up with a hilarious (and oh, so very wrong) solution to how-to-get-rid-of-a-ghost-who-won't-take-"no"-for-an-answer. ...more
Sam
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read any Kelley Armstrong for a year or so and I'd forgotten how much I enjoy her writing. Granted it's not necessarily ground breaking but its easy to follow and full of great characters and interesting events. Out of the 6 stories my favourites were Zen and the Art of Vampirism, which follows Vancover vampire Zoe as she deals with some new arrivals, and The Ungrateful Dead, which follows Jaime Vegas as she deals with some pushy spirits. The later one also ties in with the earlier tal ...more
Melanie
My review and an extended sample of the audiobook are posted at Hotlistens.com.

Narrated by Johanna Parker
This is a brand new story for this anthology. I love Hope and Karl. Always have. After watching the show Bitten, I love Karl even more. I love the actor they got to play him. I thought he was great in season one. Anyway, Karl is retired from being a jewel thief werewolf, but someone really wants him to come out of retirement. They try really hard to get that to happen. Hope is
Julie-anne
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life After Theft
Karl Marsten has given retired as a thief so he can raise his daughter as an honest man, but someone wants to pull him back into it.
I enjoyed this, Karl's always a fun guy to read. The only thing that ruins it is Hope, she's my least favourite.

Forbidden
Morgan Walsh gets caught up in trouble as he's on his way to meet with the American pack and Elena & Clay have to go help him out.
A re-read for me, I bought the book from Subterranean Press when it was released. I like Morgan and i
Lorre
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Live after Theft - 4 stars
A new Karl & Hope story!
Karl has given up on his carreer as a thief but someone forces him to go back to being a thief one last time.
I loved seeing glimpses of their 3-year old daughter Nita! She is fiesty but what else would you expect with a werewolf dad and a mom who's half chaos demon!

Forbidden - 5 stars
I loved this novella cause I just love to see Elena and Clay work together on an investigation!

Angelic - 5 stars
Eve is definitely amongst my favorite charachters in
Katie
It turns out I'd read everything before except the first Hope/Karl novella. But they are my faves! So it's okay. (view spoiler)

I re-read everything because . . . it was there. But wow, I still don't like Counterfeit Magic. 3 stars for bitterness.

(I do love what Armstong has done with this world, though. It's so fleshed out and awesome! I want mooooooore. Even though we've been spoiled
Gina
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Collection of short stories set in the Women of the Otherworld world. All of them are new to me, although some must have come in between books of the now finished series (completed in 2014 at 13 books) given the characters' timelines. The Karl Marsden/Hope Adams story and the Paige and Lucas story are novella length, and I enjoyed these the best. My least favorite, surprise, is the Clay and Elena story. It isn't bad but reads more like a reboot of prior short stories about them than anything new ...more
Emily
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Could have been 5 stars, because I absolutely loved Life After Theft and Forbidden. Angelic has been a long time favourite and both The Ungrateful Dead and Zen and the Art of Vampirism were cute little snapshots of two characters I loved ... just Counterfeit Magic leaves me feeling just off-kilter. I know all couples have problems sometimes but there's something crude and clumsy about Paige even half-heartedly thinking Lucas might cheat. Makes my heart sad tbh.

Nevertheless a great anthology, as
Carolyn F.
I read this in the anthology A Fantasy Medley.

A Toronto vampire who is barely getting by has some other vampires try to take over her territory. It was just an okay story to me. 3 out 5 stars.
Chelsea
Just as fantastic as the other Otherworld Stories! Highly recommend if you love the series!
Debrac2014
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of short stories! Good reading! Except for one story, these were all new to me!
Darce
A collection of short stories that constantly make me laugh, cry and have minor heart attacks. All at once.
Brittany
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read an anthology in so long that when I picked this book up I actually had a good time reading it. So I'm going to break this anthology up by the stories so I can fully review this book.

1) Life After Theft (Hope x Karl) – This one I read through quickly. Someone set up Karl, a werewolf and a thief, about stealing something when he wanted to retire and work part time for his children. So he and his wife investigates who set him up while also stealing a very priceless grimiore. I loved
Theresa
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
#4 of the Otherworld anthology series featuring six novelette and short length stories from the Otherworld. The stories are not in chronological order so I included their series order number.

1) Life After Theft. 8.3 Hope & Carl. 5 Stars. Carl has retired as a thief, but someone sets him up as having stolen a powerful and priceless necklace. I loved it! It’s a fascinating detective story and I loved Hope’s loyalty and the Nita/Kate interaction.

2) Forbidden. 10.2 Elena & Clay. 5 stars. Reviewed as
Anniken Haga
LIFE AFTER THEFT

A fub heist story with Hope and Karl. I really like both these characters and their dynamic, and I was glad to see how their lives turned out after 13.

4/5

THE UNGREATFUL DEAD

Ah, spoiles, bratty ghosts. A "fun" glimpse into Jamie's life, although I felt like the story was a little unfinished. Then again, any more and it would be too long

3/5

ZEN AND THE ART OF VAMPIREISM

A fun short focusing on Zoe. It has some backstory, and is over-all quite enjoyable, building gold characters and a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Play Book Tag: Otherworld Secrets by Kelley Armstrong - 4 stars 3 12 Oct 20, 2018 01:49PM
Amazon.co.uk 1 6 Jan 13, 2015 03:15AM

• Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Iron Bones (The Wild Hunt #3)
  • Oak & Thorns (The Wild Hunt #2)
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead (Otherworld Stories #10.1)
  • Dying with Her Cheer Pants On
  • The Silver Stag (The Wild Hunt #1)
  • Hell's Spells (Ordinary Magic #6)
  • The Art of Riding: Classical Dressage to High School: Odin at Saumur
  • Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
  • Dates from Hell
  • The Ender Quintet
  • Jolene (Elemental Masters, #15)
  • Want You to Want Me (Want You, #2)
  • Fantastic Hope
  • L-DK, Vol. 02
  • Phantom Kiss (Chicagoland Vampires, #12.5)
  • Sucker Punch (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #27)
  • Last Stand in Lychford (Lychford, #5)

Otherworld Stories (5 books)
  • Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #1)
  • Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #2)
  • Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories, #3)
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)

News & Interviews