Start by marking “Sense of Deception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #13)” as Want to Read:
Sense of Deception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #13)

Sense of Deception

(Psychic Eye Mystery #13)

In "New York Times" bestselling author Victoria Laurie s newest Psychic Eye Mystery, Abby Cooper senses a convicted killer is innocent, but she ll need hard evidence to save the woman before it s too late A ticked-off judge has tossed Abby in the slammer for contempt of court, and during her brief but unpleasant stay she learns the story of a condemned woman who is facing ...more
Published July 7th 2015 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Sense of Deception, please sign up.
Erica Alyson I believe on her page she said she has a contract through 2017. Check out her goodreads.
Judy Springer I have a 10 year old grandson, and he still has to be in a "booster seat". Kids have to be a certain height and/or weight before they don't need them.…moreI have a 10 year old grandson, and he still has to be in a "booster seat". Kids have to be a certain height and/or weight before they don't need them. I suppose each state's laws may be different. These aren't baby seats, they are just boosters. (less)

Start your review of Sense of Deception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #13)
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Published!!! Yes, go girl!

The must have for my library is out, finally!

Dd 06 Aug 2015

Oh, finally I got aroung to reading this book. Frankly speaking I purposely refrained from wolfing it for several months so that there would be less time between the end of current book and the outing of the next one. Yep.

Dd 20 Nov 2015

Ok, here goes a teeny-weeny spoiler:
Q:... I immersed myself in my relationship with my husband, in little ways at first. Dutch would come home from his morning workout and I’d bri
Ed
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Things I liked:
1) Intricate murder mystery plot.
2) Interactions with pets (dogs).
3) Snappy dialogue.
4) Kept me guessing whodunit.
5) Swear jar.
Ami
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, hell ... I don't think I have been this satisfied with a mystery book for a while. For that, yes, this deserves my 5-stars read. Sense of Deception, the 13th installment in Victoria Laurie's Psychic Eye Mystery is definitely not an unlucky number. In fact, I think this is the best so far in the series, and I think it can actually compete with those other edgy mystery/thriller police procedural.

The book is opened with a chapter in which Abby Cooper, professional psychic and FBI consultant e
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Quick review:

Cover: Fitting
Rating: R
Overall: Fun Book
Characters: Well Done
Plot: How do you save an innocent from death row
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Sure
Book Boyfriend: Oscar

SUMMARY (50 words or less)
It was an interesting read. I figured out who done it way to early and didn’t sway in my conviction. Still, the book was entertaining. Dutch wasn’t as involved in this book as much. Oscar took the leading role. He was there with Abby most of the time.

For a full re
Moondance
there was chaos in the courtroom as I was dragged kicking and screaming from it by two beefy bailiffs.

Abby is testifying in a trial when the judge calls her a fraud and she decides to out him in public. That transgression lands her in jail on contempt of court charges. She is placed in a cell with a woman waiting on her final appeal before being put to death. Abby knows she is innocent and swears to help her in the two weeks she has left.

This was an excellent addition to the series. Abby is such
Lindsay
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I must confess I have a real big problem with Victoria Laurie right now.

SHE IS TOO GOOD OF A WRITER!!! I get her book and put down anything else I am reading, doing, feeding or keeping alive. My children included. My life stops as I devour her latest Abby Cooper adventure. And that happened with this book. So my problem is that she writes so well and keeps me on the edge of my seat that I just rush through her book, rather then being able to find it just ok and have it last a little while. Why
meghann
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, and this book did not disappoint. Abby enlists the help of her friends in trying to prove that a woman she met has been wrongly convicted of murdering her own son. This was definitely one of the most disturbing crimes in this series, and my heart broke for Noah and Skylar. I kept reminding myself that this is just a story, but then I would think about how often these things happen in real life. People suck. This one had me guessing right up until the end, and I really did not ...more
Ricki
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sense of Deception is, in my opinion, the best book yet in the Psychic Eye series! Abby Cooper Rivers...or is it just Cooper..no Rivers, starts her day in gthe local lock up. While there, she is put in the same cell as Skyler Miller, a woman on death row awaiting her final appeal, for the murder of her 9 year old son. Abby's psychic powers start working and convince her that Skyler was wrongly convicted..so she and Candice, her partner in crime in more ways than one, spend the next 10 days worki ...more
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brushing off the dust on some of my older TBR books, I found myself returning to Victoria Laurie’s first series, Psychic Eye Mystery! I remember discovering this series when I tired of not finding any paranormal books in the YA section, those are the Dark Years friends. What’s great about diving back into this series is that each book kind of stands on its own. There are some things that carry over from book to book, but it’s mostly personal stuff that you can easily get right back into. Sense o ...more
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Congratulations to author Victoria Laurie for an original storyline. Having protagonist psychic Abby Cooper thrown in jail for contempt of court was a great way to start off SENSE OF DECEPTION. Having Abby share a cell with an accused death row murderer and Abby’s psychic sense telling her the woman is innocent when no one else believes she is, was simply inspired.

The story was full of energy and intrigue. There was lot of action and many road blocks as Abby and gang try to find the real murder
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
still love this series! The characters, the situations they are trying to fix, the relationships...all good things!

I even liked the bit of relationship advice that Abby got from her sister - to treat your spouse like a god/goddess and you will get more than you expected in return. Wise words.

The mystery itself had me on pins and needles...were they going to be able to save Skylar from the death penalty? Time was running out and they didn't have much time to track down who killed her son Noah. Th
Doward Wilson
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the thirteenth book in A Psychic Eye Mystery series and each one gets better than the last. Abby is a psychic who reads for her own client list, works cases with her PI partner, Candice and is also a consultant to the FBI where her husband, Dutch works. Abby is thrown in jail for contempt of court and while spending the night there meets Skylar Miller. Skylar has been on death row for the last ten years and is at the county jail awaiting her last appeal. Abby senses that Skylar is actual ...more
Linda
Jul 18, 2015 rated it liked it
This continues to be an enjoyable series. Abby's use of her psychic powers to help solve crimes is a good hook. But in this story, I was frustrated throughout by her paying no attention whatsoever to the person who obviously (at least to me) was the killer. No psychic abilities needed, just using the usual questions of motive and opportunity.

It was a fun read despite this, though less enjoyable than it could have been if Abby had been a bit less dense.
✴ Cindy ✴
Jun 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked this one better than the last couple. It was intense and I was rooting for Abby to figure it out in time. I thought some of the investigation was a little drawn out... like how they didn't immediately interview the ex husband.

I also loved it when Abby took that guy down. It was good.

Also loved the bit about Kyra Sedgewick from The Closer. Made me giggle.
Shannon Flynn
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Sense of Deception" grips readers from the first page. Victoria Laurie fans will be taken along on a dizzying mystery involving a grisly murder, a wrongly convicted mother and no shortage of roadblocks on Abby's quest for justice. Luckily, she and her crew have her "radar," skills and each other's backs as the suspects pile up nearly as fast as the quarters in the swear jar.
Sheryl
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery, kindle
Love Abby and the gang. Another great story. Really enjoyed the mystery in particular in this one.
Ruth
Jul 19, 2015 added it
Loved it and will wait for her next book not so patiently.
Jocina
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Totally gripping! I had to slow myself down while reading this, or I would have gulped it down like the first breath of air after almost drowning! No one writes like Victoria!!
Regan
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve been a fan of Victoria Laurie’s Psychic Eye series from day one and through its various ups and downs. I’m one of those readers who also reads a book’s forward, afterward and acknowledgements. In her acknowledgements of SENSE OF DECEPTION, Laurie shares a very personal part of her life and tells the story of her puppy, Lily. I had to sit for a few minutes to absorb the very heartfelt story of Lily’s passage to the Rainbow Bridge. Having recently had to help my 19 year old kitty cross the br ...more
Brianna
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful mystery that had so many twists and turns, it keeps you really wanting to get the killer.
Abby Cooper is a psychic and a private investigator who helps the Austin police and FBI with cold cases and finding killers. She has a knack of letting her psychic radar go when it’s the wrong time and get herself into trouble. That’s why she’s in jail because she lets it fly that a federal judge is a secret homosexual and he throws her in jail for contempt. In that jail she meets Skylar, a woman o
Marilyn
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Around the Year in 52 Books 2017 Reading Challenge. A continuation of a story.

Abby loses her temper while on the witness stand in court because the judge accuses her of being a fraud, breaking and entering into the defendants home to steal, and then planting evidence at a crime scene. She proves she is not a fraud by outing the married judge's homosexual relationship with his clerk and lands in jail for contempt of court. While in jail she meets a woman named Skylar who is on death row. Abby is
Judy Springer
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Victoria is a really good writer. I thoroughly enjoy her books, and this one was very entertaining. I rather prize myself for choosing the culprit early. This book had a lot of viable twists and turns, but finally my choice of culprit was validated! (Yippee!) I love these books because they are enthralling without being nerve wracking. Good job!
Linda Smatzny
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This time Abby Cooper gets in trouble with a judge and is sent to jail. While there she meets a woman named Sklyar who is on death row but can see she is innocent. When Abby get released she takes the case of Sklyar who has only 14 days till she is put to death. Abby and her friends race against time to find the real killer. The book was a very quick easy read.
Linda
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this Abby Cooper book very exciting and moving. Her psychic abilities are so unique. The way she gets carried away so intensely is amazing. This story is about a woman that Abby meets on death row for the murder of her young son. Abby is convinced she is innocent. I also enjoy the laughs which always surprise me. I got wait for her next book.
Crissi
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Victoria Laurie delivers with a page turning psychic eye novel. I especially loved the extra appearances of Tuttle and Eggy and the heartwarming reason for their expanded role in the novel. A great read, as is anything that Victoria Laurie writes.
Teri
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Omg how does Victoria Laurie do it.

Yet another fabulous book in her series. I only have one problem with her books and that is I suffer from not enough sleep because I can't put the books down at bedtime. Please keep writing I love your characters and how you think.
Apr 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Another fine Psychic Eye Mystery. These are starting to lose my interest a bit but I'm too involved in the series now not to finish it up. If you've liked Victoria Laurie's other books, you will likely enjoy this one.
Mary Beth
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was sad when the Ghouls series ended. I was ready to give up on this series due to storyline getting old. However, this book gave me a reason to continue. Storyline was great. All characters were involved and we got to know them better.
Mary Corso
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Much better than the last one of her books I read

This story involved a cold case. The basic premise was (one would hope) a little thin, but the story kept me interested and involved. Read in one sitting.
Christine Verstraete
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-mystery
It's been a while since I read a book in this series. Coming back to it was fun. Fun characters, a good crime, and satisfying conclusion. Like visiting old friends. I'll have to catch up with the other books again.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #2)
  • Old Haunts (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #3)
  • Deeply, Desperately (Lucy Valentine, #2)
  • A Killer Carol (An Amish Mystery #7)
  • Just Plain Murder (An Amish Mystery, #6)
  • Spellcasting in Silk (A Witchcraft Mystery, #7)
  • At the Drop of a Hat (Hat Shop Mystery, #3)
  • The Book Stops Here (A Bibliophile Mystery, #8)
  • Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1)
  • A Toxic Trousseau (A Witchcraft Mystery, #8)
  • Booty Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney #14)
  • Gone With the Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #6)
  • Charms and Chocolate Chips (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #3)
  • Copy Cap Murder (Hat Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Bonefire of the Vanities (Sarah Booth Delaney #12)
  • Ham Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #7)
  • Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine, #1)
  • Murder of a Needled Knitter (A Scumble River Mystery, #17)
Victoria Laurie is the New York Times bestselling author of 32 books and counting. Over the past 16 years Victoria has created several series and a few stand-alone novels. Her mystery series include: The Psychic Eye Mysteries, The Life Coach Mysteries, and The Ghost Hunter Mysteries. She's also the author of two YA books, When and Forever Again, as well as a middle-grade series called The Oracles ...more

Psychic Eye Mystery (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1)
  • Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)
  • A Vision of Murder (Psychic Eye Mystery, #3)
  • Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4)
  • Crime Seen (Psychic Eye Mystery, #5)
  • Death Perception (Psychic Eye Mystery, #6)
  • Doom with a View (Psychic Eye Mystery, #7)
  • A Glimpse of Evil (Psychic Eye Mystery, #8)
  • Vision Impossible (Psychic Eye Mystery, #9)
  • Lethal Outlook (Psychic Eye Mystery, #10)

News & Interviews

“I immersed myself in my relationship with my husband, in little ways at first. Dutch would come home from his morning workout and I’d bring him coffee as he stepped out of the shower. He’d slip into a crisp white shirt and dark slacks and run a little goop through his hair, and I’d eye him in the mirror with desire and a sultry smile that he couldn’t miss. He’d head to work and I’d put a love note in his bag—just a line about how proud I was of him. How beautiful he was. How happy I was as his wife.

He’d come home and cook dinner and instead of camping out in front of the TV while he fussed in the kitchen, I’d keep him company at the kitchen table and we’d talk about our days, about our future, about whatever came to mind. After dinner, he’d clear the table and I’d do the dishes, making sure to compliment him on the meal. On those weekends when he’d head outside to mow the lawn, I’d bring him an ice-cold beer. And, in those times when Dutch was in the mood and maybe I wasn’t, well, I got in the mood and we had fun.

As the weeks passed and I kept discovering little ways to open myself up to him, the most amazing thing happened. I found myself falling madly, deeply, passionately, head-over-heels in love with my husband. I’d loved him as much as I thought I could love anybody before I’d married him, but in treating him like my own personal Superman, I discovered how much of a superhero he actually was. How giving he was. How generous. How kind, caring, and considerate. How passionate. How loving. How genuinely good. And whatever wounds had never fully healed from my childhood finally, at long last, formed scar tissue. It was like being able to take a full breath of air for the first time in my life. It was transformative. And it likely would save our marriage, because, at some point, all that withholding would’ve turned a loving man bitter. On some level I think I’d known that and yet I’d needed my sister to point it out to me and help me change.

Sometimes it’s good to have people in your life that know you better than you know yourself.”
7 likes
“The key to a happy marriage is this: Every day when you wake up, commit yourself to making him feel like Superman. Light up when he enters the room. Let him know as often as you can how much you appreciate him and everything he does for you. If he wants to get it on, honey, get it on. And when he’s tired, or ill, or grouchy, take care of him in any way you can.” When I’d offered her a (very) skeptical frown, she’d added, “That doesn’t mean turning yourself into June Cleaver, Abby.” 6 likes