Start by marking “Celeste (The Unseen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Celeste (The Unseen, #2)

Celeste

(The Unseen #2)

In book two of this remarkable series, the sleepy little town of Jamesford becomes a national battleground of faith and science, hatred and hope.

Eleanor—the girl whose life depends on not being noticed—is at the center of it all. Trusting David with the secret of what she is, Eleanor tries to keep the promise she made her mother to rejoin humanity, even if Eleanor might n
Published July 14th 2015 by Jolly Fish Press (first published June 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Celeste, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Celeste

Tonya
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Every bit as good as the first book! Eleanor seems to have found a place to settle, but her desire to be "unseen" is becoming more and more difficult. When Celeste disappears and a picture of Eleanor appears on the news, Celeste's parents come to find Eleanor. Meanwhile, David's father, an abusive alcoholic, returns from active duty, and everything Eleanor has worked for is turned upside-down.

The only disappointing thing about this book is having to wait until the last book in the trilogy comes
Terra
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I had the privilege of reading an advanced copy of this brilliant book as part of the publication process. Johnny has done what many authors struggle with: book two in a trilogy that is just as compelling as the first. Now I must wait for its official release to get my own copy.
Dana Kennedy
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like where he took Eleanor's story.
Monique Snyman
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, ya
Do you know why I love Johnny Worthen’s books? It’s because they pull you right into the story and then they keep you hostage until you’ve finished the book. It doesn’t matter what book of his you read and what genre they happen to fall into, you’re always right at the center of things. That, my friends, is the mark of a truly great author.

Instead of reviewing each book individually (as I did with Eleanor), I decided to rather write a bit of a mini essay on why I love the trilogy in a whole. It’
Fiona Titchenell
May 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Basics:

After the events of Eleanor, the frightened and secretive shapeshifter, Eleanor Anders, is working to adjust to the tentative beginnings of a new family. After the death of her adoptive mother, she's been taken in by the family of her boyfriend, David Venn, and the friends she couldn't keep from accumulating at school last year aren't going anywhere now. But as Eleanor has always known, attention is dangerous for her. The rumors surrounding her, spanning from promiscuity to Satanism t
Craig Kingsman
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great sequel to Eleanor. We meet the girl that Eleanor became and what happens when Eleanor is found out and mistaken for Celeste. The descriptions of David and Eleanor kissing are so descriptive, you imagine Johnny wrote them when he was a teenager making out with his girl.

But. The book is not without its flaws. When you write, you need to make everything believable and Johnny misses some things such as Eleanor and the Venn's sitting down to watch college football on Saturday in January. Or a
Carol Nicolas
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal, ya
Eleanor thinks life is finally going to settle down. She's got friends at school, a boyfriend who loves her, and enough money left to her by her adopted mother to see her through till graduation. She knows how to pass as human, and she is beginning to believe that people aren't so bad. But when Eleanor goes back to get her "DNA update" from Celeste, she is seen by Celeste's abusive father. And when Celeste goes missing, her parents begin a hunt that will bring them to Jamesford, along with a vio ...more
Dan Allen
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Chilling delight! This YA paranormal thriller will stretch your mind, your imagination and your soul. Johnny Worthen delivers a sequel to the best-selling Eleanor worthy of his YA author of the year award. This sequel continues the genre-transcending story of a girl whose abilities are terrifying, even to herself, a girl struggling to fit in a world where her very existence conjures hatred, fear and wonder. In Celeste we dive into Eleanor's heart-wrenching backstory and forward into a mystery th ...more
Kathy Davidson
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Eleanor is a monster. She has to decide who to trust. Her mother is dead. Her boyfriend gets sick at the thought of her. Her friends want her to do magic for them. The Indians killed her family. The social worker wants to send her out of state. There is a family wanting her to be their lost daughter. A doctor thinks she is made of stem cells and wants to harvest her. Is there no peace? Can she just live her own life?
WARNING: This is the second book of a series and the third one isn’t out yet! It
Callie
Oct 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Where Eleanor is a subtle unfolding mystery, Celeste is a bullet train! Once this book starts the plot doesn't slow down as Eleanor's secret becomes even more necessary to hide and the danger of what she could lose grows. A great compliment to the first book, although the sudden change in pacing and beautiful ambiance from the first book may leave some readers wanting. Still, it is a must read that sets up the third book perfectly.
Amy
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, ya
I fell in love with Eleanor in book one. I picked up Celeste simply because I wanted to know more about Eleanor. Never would I have guessed that not only would I love Eleanor more, but I would become attached to many of the other characters as well. This book kept me on my toes with the turn of every page. I am depressed that I'm done reading it. I will pick it up again soon.
Travis Coleman
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eleanor was an awesome book but pales in comparison to this novel. The plots, the secrets, all masterfully done. I would recommend this series to almost anyone. Now I just need the next book to release.
Amanda Hatfield
Aug 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
This book was just as good as the first one. Eleanor is an amazing character, unlike any other I've read, and I am completely fascinated by her. This series has me hooked and I have to get my hands on the third book asap.
Laurie Heath
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Unseen trilogy was just as satisfying as the first book. The characters become more fleshed out and the tension increases. This is one of those books that could keep a voracious reader up all hours of the night. Definitely a must read if you enjoy paranormal YA fiction.
Angie
Aug 24, 2015 rated it liked it
More like 3.5. I tend to find middle-of-the trilogy books to be less about carrying on the first story as setting up for the next. In all, I liked Celeste, but not quite as much as I enjoyed Eleanor.
Emilou
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great story. I loved it a lot more than I thought I would. It was very interesting. It's nicely paced and the minute details that were added into the story made it feel realistic.
Holli Anderson
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great second installment in The Unseen series! I can't wait for book three to come out in April--especially since Worthen left the book with an intense cliff hanger!
Shirlee
Jun 24, 2016
Jane Stone
Oct 19, 2016
Johnny Worthen
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Katie
Jul 10, 2017
Martha
Mar 15, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Siren's Secret (The Shapeshifter's Secret, #2)
  • Finding What's Real (Escaping Perfect #2)
  • The Problem With Heartache (Crazy in Love, #3)
  • Goddess Rising (Complicated Creatures #0.5)
  • Chasing Polaris
  • The Book of Secrets (The Last Oracle #1)
  • Oblivion (Guardian Angel, #4)
  • Redeemed (Unlovable, #3)
  • Beauty and Beastly (Steampunk Fairy Tales: Beauty and the Beast, #1)
  • Untitled (Messenger of Fear, #3)
  • The Wicked Awakening of Anne Merchant (The V Trilogy, #2)
  • Braced to Bite (Half-Blood Vampires, #1)
  • Cat Girl's Day Off
  • HOOKED: A True Faerie Tale
  • Covenant's End (Widdershins Adventures, #4)
  • The Lost Chalice (Relic Seekers, #3)
  • Heart of Annihilation
  • The Lily and the Cross (The Ring and the Crown, #2)
Johnny Worthen is an award-winning, best-selling author of books and stories. A Utah Writer of the Year. Trained in modern literary criticism and cultural studies, he writes upmarket multi-genre fiction, symbolized by his love of tie-dye and good words. “I write what I like to read,” he says. “This guarantees me at least one fan.”

Johnny is best known (so far) for his award winning, nationally accl

The Unseen (3 books)
  • Eleanor (The Unseen, #1)
  • David (The Unseen, #3)