Start by marking “Emergence (Here Comes Earth #1)” as Want to Read:
Emergence (Here Comes Earth #1)

Emergence

(Here Comes Earth #1)

Where did mankind really come from? Why are we here?

We can’t understand the past until we embrace the future.

These critical mysteries take center stage as Earth emerges into a Galactic Society that is far more complicated than anyone could have imagined. Our situation is far more perilous than we could have known. Can a few brilliant minds find a way out for Earth?

One
Published October 14th 2014 by Medsabi

To ask other readers questions about Emergence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Emergence

Start your review of Emergence (Here Comes Earth #1)
M Hamed
Sep 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
another interspecies sex bonanza,mutually falling in love after couple of hours .soldiers sexing scientists because they want some comfort ,and sex isn't that big a deal

sending incompetent soldiers and scientists in a spaceship to meet aliens and decide our fate
because ,POLITICS

a fucking disgrace
Darrell Smith
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is not a book with thousands of missiles flying back and forth. It has plenty of action, but it also has plenty of character depth and does what good science fiction should do: it makes you question why things are the way they are. It unfolds almost as a mystery as to why galactic civilization is the way it is and if you enjoy plot twists, surprises, and real people in impossible situations you will love this book.
Sophia
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
With these books I finally gain an understanding of why some people like Twilight. These books were fun pulpy novels. Nothing more, nothing less. Every character is a Mary Sue. Every. Single. Character. It's sci-fi and even the human race is a Mary Sue- absolutely unique in the universe and while there are species that are technologically more advanced it's obvious that we're the best at everything. The entire galaxy is watching our birth into the stars. The heroes are without flaw and the ...more
Douglas Owen
Jul 26, 2017 rated it liked it
An interesting read, but the switching between 1st person and 3rd person when changing characters became a little trying. Also a little bored with Earthlings always having an advantage over others in the universe.
Rick York
Apr 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun but Flawed

Gordon has written an intriguing and well plotted book. I have issues with his libertarian mind set, but took little away from the pleasures of reading the book.

What degraded that pleasure were the innumerable spelling, grammar and syntax errors. I'm sure none were deliberate, but this book is in dire need of proofreading and copy editing. Were those errors less common, I would have given the book a full 4 stars.

If Mr. Gordon reads this, I would be happy to help him with
scott stahl
Dec 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Interesting journey

This author needs some proofreaders, but the story is sound enough. At first I wanted to pull my hair out, it dragged horribly. I stuck it out and was mildly amused by the authors comeback. First efforts, are always a rollercoaster. My suggestion would be to work on your action storylines as well storytelling tactics. This adventure could be so much more with a little adjustment.
Ty Strange
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Nice concept, intriguing, but misses on storytelling. It drags far more than I'm used to when it comes to sci-fi. At times, especially early on, it reads more like a magazine interview. The action is nice, but limited. It really seemed like a lot of talking heads sitting around discussing their plight. Perhaps because I started skimming the last 1/3 of the novel to see how the story played out explains the reason that I'm not likely to read the sequel.
Ken Selvia
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I mostly liked the story, except for the pointless christian apologist arguments, and Spencer's sexist attitudes. Obama's fault no doubt. Point of view regularly switches from Spencer and Reagan. It would have been nice if narrator Kafer would have made some effort to differentiate the voices of the two. Most of his male characters sound like drill sergeants, which probably colors my impression of Spencer's personality and lack of humor.
Carrie
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting book! Worth reading.
Carl Warner, Jr
Aug 30, 2018
David
Jan 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Case of the Missing Servant (Vish Puri, #1)
  • Armageddon (Expeditionary Force, #8)
  • The Case of the Man Who Died Laughing (Vish Puri, #2)
  • Legend of Dreamwalker (The Hunter Imperium, #5)
  • Effie
  • Perilous Waif (Alice Long #1)
  • Paradise (Expeditionary Force, #3)
  • Star Force: LITrpg (Star Force Universe Book 64)
  • Conception (The Alliance #2)
  • Make it So!: A Space Opera Adventure (Far Beyond Book 2)
  • Battlestations!: A Space Opera Adventure (Far Beyond Book 3)
  • Alliance (The Silver Ships #14)
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
  • Star Force: The Forbidden Space Fleet (Star Force Universe Book 66)
  • The First Step (A Thousand Li, #1)
  • Ship's Log (The Alliance #1)
  • Metal Mage 6
  • Enter Into Valhalla (The Kurtherian Endgame, #6)
Science Fiction allows an author to opine on all aspects of the society we live in, from the unfairness of racial, gender, or age discrimination, to the dishonesty of political leaders, to the questions of religion and a spirit that never dies.

It also allows us to explore how future technology might find answers for all of these questions.

Such are the thoughts and worlds of William Lee Gordon.

Here Comes Earth (3 books)
  • Destiny (Here Comes Earth #2)
  • Diaspora (Here Comes Earth #3)
“After all, why would I need a government to build a road if I could print a machine that would do it for me? Why would I pay taxes for protection if I could print my own gun (or fortress); and why would anyone want what I have if they could print their own? What was really left for the controllers to offer?” 0 likes
“the Founding Fathers of the United States were generally among the opinion that government was inherently evil and that men couldn’t be free unless they were protected from it. In other words, they felt that government, by the nature of man, would always be a growing, power-hungry monstrosity that would constantly need pruning. These same Founding Fathers wouldn’t recognize our modern world; where we teach our school children that government is our friend. I didn’t know if she was saying these things for my benefit or those that would be listening in but I nodded for her to continue.” 0 likes