Start by marking “Little Bites: 100 Healthy, Kid-Friendly Snacks” as Want to Read:
Little Bites: 100 Healthy, Kid-Friendly Snacks

Little Bites: 100 Healthy, Kid-Friendly Snacks

Leave the packaged snacks behind! Little Bites offers 100 wholesome, seasonal, vegetarian snacks perfect for active families.

Anyone with children knows the stampede that occurs whenever the phrase "snack time" is uttered. Children associate snacks with fun, tasty, easy-to-eat foods, but as parents, we know that the very best snacks are all that and more. Snacks, when
Published July 14th 2015 by Roost Books

To ask other readers questions about Little Bites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Bites

Tina
Feb 02, 2015 rated it did not like it
This isn't a cookbook. This is a hippy bible. The first 50 pages are teaching you the manifesto of buying organic, avoiding plastic, etc etc. I'm fine with that message, but this isn't the book to spread it - I came here for recipes. And when they finally arrived I couldn't believe it. Dipping strawberries in yogurt isn't a recipe - it's a pinterest page. I came to this book looking for new ideas for my lunches at work, trying to avoid my staple bulk nuts, carrot sticks, etc. I didn't find anyth ...more
Rhiannon Johnson
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I have a confession. Even though this book is targeted for kids, I wanted to read it in hopes of discovering some new snack options for myself. Working from home leads me to graze all day and sometimes that means realizing I just ate a half a box of crackers. I wanted some easy snack ideas and thought that the "for kids" angle would be perfect. I was right!

Read my full review here: http://www.ivoryowlreviews.blogspot.c...
Aleece
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun cookbook for little ones and adults alike. There are a lot of pointers throughout with beautiful pictures and tips on what to do for little kids and babies when introducing the foods in this book to them. There were wonderful combinations that are set for each season working on what is at the peak of perfection and making all sorts of new and delicious bite sized snacks that are nutritious as well as fun. Each recipe also gives you what nutrients are present in the recipes. These recipes a ...more
Beth Nieman
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Parents who want kids to develop healthy eating habits, make use of locally-grown fresh produce, and offer children a variety of foods will enjoy this sumptuously-photographed snack cookbook prepared by a pair of friends who met as young mothers. Seasonal recipes and ideas for making kids' snacks appealing to the senses as well as packed with good nutrition.
Wayne
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone that has a child,
great book full of good recipes, crisp clear pictures. my 2year old loves them. Thank you for goodreads free.
Kimberly Boone
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved all of these snacks, and not just for a little person!
Heather Burns-Schmidtke
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It provided real food, made with real ingredients, that was made in small amounts. I made a few different recipes and my family seemed to like them!
gina
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, children, food
I LOVE this book. From a picture standpoint anyway. I want to make ALL The Things! I should really give it 3 stars but I'm a sucker for a pretty food picture. The recipes seem overly involved for any working mom of an actual little (after 10 ingredients my eyes cross. No thanks). And I have no freaking clue if they are any good when you actually make them. Looking good and tasting good are two different things. But I hope to give a few of these a try and if I had more time I'd buy it and cook ou ...more
Eva Gogola
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food
Even though I don’t have children, I really loved this cookbook. The recipes were simple and each one seemed tastier than the last. I really appreciated that these were kid friendly, healthy snacks. Very cool.
Mikaela
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Great looking recipes, not very allergy friendly.
Kim
Apr 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed browsing this cookbook with my kids. I appreciated that it is organized by season. Although some of the ingredients are kind of specific to the area the authors live in like rhubarb. The pictures are very inviting and got my 3 year old flipping through the book on their own as well as with me.

They picked out several things to try and did eat a little of each of their selections. I would say that the recipes seem to be on the very "healthy" end of the scale so some of the things weren'
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although the intention of this cookbook is making healthy and tasty snacks for your children, I'll probably use it to make small meals for myself. My 3-year-old is not an adventurous eater, but hopefully he'll join me in a few of these treats.
Lisa
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a really good book for healthy and delicious snacks. If I had children I would totally make things from this book. As it is I copied some of the recipes from this book to try out. I got this as a request from my local library. I really cannot wait to try some of these out.
Susan
Dec 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Everything looks yummy, but I didn't actually try any of the recipes. Maybe next time...
Abigail
Jul 09, 2015
Mary L.
Nov 25, 2016
Sarah Waldman
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yara
  • Tacolicious: Festive Recipes for Tacos, Snacks, Cocktails, and More
  • The Picnic: Recipes and Inspiration from Basket to Blanket
  • Part-Time Paleo: How to Go Paleo Without Going Crazy
  • Blue Jelly: Love Lost & the Lessons of Canning
  • 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites: Tasty Choices for Healthy Families with Calorie Options for Every Appetite
  • Keto Slow Cooker & One-Pot Meals: Over 100 Simple & Delicious Low-Carb, Paleo and Primal Recipes for Weight Loss and Better Health
  • Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby's First Foods
  • At Home in the Whole Food Kitchen: Celebrating the Art of Eating Well
  • La Tartine Gourmande: Gluten-Free Recipes for an Inspired Life
  • Tinkerlab: A Hands-On Guide for Little Inventors
  • Mighty Spice Express Cookbook: Fast, Fresh, and Full-on Flavors from Street Foods to the Spectacular
  • The Knights of the Cold War and the Road to Bin Laden
  • Pizza on the Grill: 100+ Feisty Fire-Roasted Recipes for Pizza & More
  • Pull Up a Chair: Recipes from My Family to Yours
  • The Artful Year: Celebrating the Seasons and Holidays with Crafts and Recipes--Over 175 Family- Friendly Activities
  • Tecumseh
  • Madhouse Cookbook
Christine Chitnis is a mother, writer, photographer, and avid home cook. She lives with her husband and two young sons in Providence, Rhode Island. Her writing and photography are inspired by the farmland and coasts of her adopted home state, though her love of the natural world dates back to childhood summers spent in Northern Michigan.

Christine is the author of Icy, Creamy, Healthy, Sweet (Roost